facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old November 5, 2009, 03:06 PM
Nocturnal's Avatar
Nocturnal Nocturnal is offline
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta
Posts: 9,764

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
OK! I was going to open a thread but I will use this instead.

1) Why there is no more foreign players in the domestic competions (in FC as well as limited over games)? Is it not lowering the level of competition?

2) There are a bunch unemployed fast bowlers in Pakistan. Have BCB thought of hiring some them to bowl at the nets for our national and academy players? Surely, this cannot be that expensive.
If you mean foreign players playing in NCL (both 4 day match and one dayers) then yes BCB might need to think that option. But in DPL one day tournament which is happening right now- Local Clubs can recruit few foreign players and can include a single player in a given match day. For just an example Parvej Mahroof of SL playing MSC this year.
__________________
Armchair selectors name their XI and conduct heated selection meetings on internet. Blood young players, some experts cry. Pick the best players, regardless of age, insist others.
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old November 5, 2009, 03:47 PM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 20,378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
If you mean foreign players playing in NCL (both 4 day match and one dayers) then yes BCB might need to think that option. But in DPL one day tournament which is happening right now- Local Clubs can recruit few foreign players and can include a single player in a given match day. For just an example Parvej Mahroof of SL playing MSC this year.
I thought it was Farveeez.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old November 6, 2009, 03:25 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
OK! I was going to open a thread but I will use this instead.

1) Why there is no more foreign players in the domestic competions (in FC as well as limited over games)? Is it not lowering the level of competition?

2) There are a bunch unemployed fast bowlers in Pakistan. Have BCB thought of hiring some them to bowl at the nets for our national and academy players? Surely, this cannot be that expensive.


I like your idea.Yes we can hire some players from Pakistan its a good idea.
On the othe hand BCB is not permitting foreign players to play in FC league probably only cause is there is very little money there and good players will not agree to play so they r not permitting to play foreign players.
Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old November 6, 2009, 03:53 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,172

No more games left in Nov and Dec?
These are the time when you are supposed to play cricket in Bangladesh.

Ekhon Amra ki korbo dui mash? Booshe booshe Angul chusbo?
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old November 6, 2009, 07:56 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
No more games left in Nov and Dec?
These are the time when you are supposed to play cricket in Bangladesh.

Ekhon Amra ki korbo dui mash? Booshe booshe Angul chusbo?
This time is completely reserved for our Domestic tournaments.I think its necessary to play domestic tournament for some of our players specially the FC one.Thats true we have nothing to do now so now . . . .

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old November 6, 2009, 07:59 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,586

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
This time is completely reserved for our Domestic tournaments.I think its necessary to play domestic tournament for some of our players specially the FC one.Thats true we have nothing to do now so now . . . .

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
So now...... we work our butts off so that we can take time off and enjoy the tri-series,kiwi series and England series.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old November 7, 2009, 01:32 AM
auntu's Avatar
auntu auntu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 7, 2007
Location: elsewhere
Favorite Player: ZAR
Posts: 9,882

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
No more games left in Nov and Dec?
These are the time when you are supposed to play cricket in Bangladesh.

Ekhon Amra ki korbo dui mash? Booshe booshe Angul chusbo?
This is a good decision to reserve this two months for domestic circuit. Players need to play domestic cricket. It will help them to and as well as help country's cricket. I'm expecting a healthy competition between the players.
__________________
﴾اَلَاۤ اِنَّ اَوۡلِيَآءَ اللّٰهِ لَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَ ۖ ۚ‏ ﴿۶۲
"Listen, the friends of Allah shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Yunus: 62)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old November 7, 2009, 01:56 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
I second this initiave. The other day I had a question about BD player and apparently there is no General Questions Thread for this sub-section.

I forgot what my question was but just curious what are our partnership records?
Ask Cricket Guru or the General Question Thread or BD Records Threads probably could serve the purpose.
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old November 8, 2009, 11:51 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,975

Any one can tell me what type of bowler Faisal Dickens is?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old November 10, 2009, 11:26 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,975

Can any one tell me why BCB failed to make DPL list A matches?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old November 11, 2009, 01:29 PM
AsifTheManRahman's Avatar
AsifTheManRahman AsifTheManRahman is offline
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 12, 2004
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Posts: 27,677

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Any one can tell me what type of bowler Faisal Dickens is?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
I think he's RM.
__________________
Screw the IPL, I'm going to the MLC!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old November 11, 2009, 02:13 PM
auntu's Avatar
auntu auntu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 7, 2007
Location: elsewhere
Favorite Player: ZAR
Posts: 9,882

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Can any one tell me why BCB failed to make DPL list A matches?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Is it?! I thought it's list A.
I'm Surprised!
__________________
﴾اَلَاۤ اِنَّ اَوۡلِيَآءَ اللّٰهِ لَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَ ۖ ۚ‏ ﴿۶۲
"Listen, the friends of Allah shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Yunus: 62)
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old November 11, 2009, 08:09 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Is it?! I thought it's list A.
I'm Surprised!
Yes none of our DPL one day or 20/20 has recognition by ICC.They r not List A.Its very sad.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

Last edited by M.H.Rubel; November 12, 2009 at 03:20 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old November 11, 2009, 11:30 PM
Imteaz's Avatar
Imteaz Imteaz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 5, 2006
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn
Posts: 2,481

BCB has no time for that. They are aware of more important thing ...............
__________________
Cricket is the Passion
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old November 12, 2009, 08:40 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,975

Did we have any official thread of Jimmi Siddons?If not then dear administrators please open an offician thread in name of JS.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

Last edited by M.H.Rubel; November 12, 2009 at 10:17 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old November 15, 2009, 10:32 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,975

Question: Junaid is batting at no 3 in this DPL can any one tell me why he is batting there?Will he quit the job of opening?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old November 24, 2009, 07:21 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,975

There is a long gap for eid.I have nothing to do.I want to read something about cricket of bangladesh.Can any one give me some link?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old April 23, 2010, 01:06 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,975

Invit you all in facebook page of banglacricket.http://www.facebook.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old April 23, 2010, 09:44 PM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 26,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Can any one tell me why BCB failed to make DPL list A matches?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
to get list A or FC status it has to be a nationwide tournament. DPL is a dhaka based club tournament of dhaka teams. not a nationwide tournament. the national tournaments consisting divisional sides will only get LIST A status.

may be in future we can expand the tournament to not only divisional sides. it should be between districts.

may be not all 64 districts. may be the 16-17 greater districts we had earlier. the wemay have two-three tiers of national league (1st division, 2nd division, 3rd division)
__________________
The OffStump
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old April 23, 2010, 11:03 PM
cricket_king's Avatar
cricket_king cricket_king is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 10, 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,676

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
to get list A or FC status it has to be a nationwide tournament. DPL is a dhaka based club tournament of dhaka teams. not a nationwide tournament. the national tournaments consisting divisional sides will only get LIST A status.

may be in future we can expand the tournament to not only divisional sides. it should be between districts.

may be not all 64 districts. may be the 16-17 greater districts we had earlier. the wemay have two-three tiers of national league (1st division, 2nd division, 3rd division)
It's a real shame, too. The DPL usually consists of the best competition/players.
__________________
A friend in need is a friend indeed; a friend with weed is better.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old April 23, 2010, 11:50 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
to get list A or FC status it has to be a nationwide tournament. DPL is a dhaka based club tournament of dhaka teams. not a nationwide tournament. the national tournaments consisting divisional sides will only get LIST A status.

may be in future we can expand the tournament to not only divisional sides. it should be between districts.

may be not all 64 districts. may be the 16-17 greater districts we had earlier. the wemay have two-three tiers of national league (1st division, 2nd division, 3rd division)
I dont think it is must to be a nation wide tournament to be a list A match. Pakistan and Srilanka have a strong club based domestic league and that are internationally recognised(i am not certain).Probably fascility of our clubs are very limited this is the main factor hindering getting this matches list A status.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old May 3, 2010, 10:11 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,975

In todays "Bangladesh Protidin" newspaper they wrote that there is a rumour about change in the BCB president.Its a cheap newspaper so its hard to believe the reporting but they have mentioned that Son of President Zillur Rahman Nazmul Papon may take the charge.As they have mentioned a name postecm of Lota then, may be some certainity out there !!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Last edited by M.H.Rubel; May 3, 2010 at 10:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old May 3, 2010, 11:15 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 17,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
In todays "Bangladesh Protidin" newspaper they wrote that there is a rumour about change in the BCB president.Its a cheap newspaper so its hard to believe the reporting but they have mentioned that Son of President Zillur Rahman Nazmul Papon may take the charge.As they have mentioned a name postecm of Lota then, may be some certainity out there !!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
I stopped reading at Son of President Zillur Rahman.
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old May 4, 2010, 10:41 AM
auntu's Avatar
auntu auntu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 7, 2007
Location: elsewhere
Favorite Player: ZAR
Posts: 9,882

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.h.rubel
in todays "bangladesh protidin" newspaper they wrote that there is a rumour about change in the bcb president.its a cheap newspaper so its hard to believe the reporting but they have mentioned that son of president zillur rahman nazmul papon may take the charge.as they have mentioned a name postecm of lota then, may be some certainity out there !!

posted via bc mobile edition
ইশ! যদি তাই হতো!
__________________
﴾اَلَاۤ اِنَّ اَوۡلِيَآءَ اللّٰهِ لَا خَوۡفٌ عَلَيۡهِمۡ وَلَا هُمۡ يَحۡزَنُوۡنَ ۖ ۚ‏ ﴿۶۲
"Listen, the friends of Allah shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve" (Yunus: 62)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket