facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: I am
Pro Siddons 20 27.78%
Anti Siddons 52 72.22%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 22, 2010, 01:16 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Siddons as a head coach is a bit iffy but his batting credentials can not be questioned.
And no one is questioning that. "Anti-JS" wants him to leave for his clueless head-coaching.

I already said (last post / pagee 1) there is a huge confusion and agreement with Anti-Pro. Most from the both sides agrees that he is a decent batting coach, but he is not a good head coach. And that's why anti wants him to leave. And pros keep bringing up how he has improved the batting. Why? No 1 says he hasn't. We are not talking about batting.

Old July 22, 2010, 01:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Murad bhai you cant honestly tell me Big Z just randomly started looking this good. He was completely out of touch after that 85 against NZ and he was out of the ODI team for a while. But he was still part of the test team therefore Im sure JS spend some time with him going over his batting flaws. Im not saying JS taught Big Z how to bat but whatever major or minor issues he went over with him did wonders for him down the road. I wanna see JS gone just like everybody else but we should give at least the credit he deserves. It makes me wonder if players like Big Z recieved this sort of coaching 5 years or so ago where would we be as a team right now.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Ya JS has to get credit for turning some of these very raw players in to decent international batsmen..Zunaed looked so lost at 1st in international cricket especially in ODIs..he was really confused with simple aspects of the game..of course JS has been a bad coach but he has to receive some credit for these batsmen's improvement..a big problem is that our system is doing enough for these talented players..they really needed to learn these simple aspects of the game before they came in to international cricket..why do we need the national team coach to teach them the basics? Ya we need a good coach but we have to improve our setup.. If we don't improve our setup then we'll see the same BD..
Old July 22, 2010, 01:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Ajfar, I like giving credits where its due. Junaed had only one problem. That is playing against the short pitched balls. Siddons helped him overcome this problem, so credits goes to him. Now tell me what else he changed? Do you see any other changes in Junaed's batting?
I can see Junedge's cover drive getting better.
Old July 22, 2010, 02:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Ajfar, I like giving credits where its due. Junaed had only one problem. That is playing against the short pitched balls. Siddons helped him overcome this problem, so credits goes to him. Now tell me what else he changed? Do you see any other changes in Junaed's batting?
Murad bhai his improvement when playing the short ball is very visible because thats how he used get out most of the time. Im sure there are minor changes. Unfortunately my batting knowledge are very limited so i cant really point out major details. I commented on what I saw and to me it seemed like whatever he has been working on in the nets seems to be worki g out for him.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old July 22, 2010, 02:16 PM
First Class Cricketer

who is pro siddons and WHY? should this even be a poll? siddons sucks
Old July 22, 2010, 02:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
And no one is questioning that.
Well BANFAN clearly is. When the player himself is prepared to give credit to the coach we are sitting here being matabbors and working out "theories."

Where did I credit JS for everything? The main credit should always go to the player. Coach is there to work with the player and find solutions to improve his performance. It is up to the player to actually go and perform. And full credit to Zunaed and Imrul for doing that. I talked about Siddons role because last time I checked this thread was about Siddons.

As for improvement in Zunaed's batting as has already been mentioned: Leaves the ball confidently, drives the ball much better and is much more comfortable on the back foot these days.
Old July 22, 2010, 03:18 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

JS might be a good batting coach for a team, but he is not a good team coach. It took JS a while to convince me, but he finally did. By his diligent efforts.
Old July 23, 2010, 01:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I am convinced that JS does not understand ODI let alone T20's.
Old July 23, 2010, 01:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sachin,Klusener

JS is not a head-coach material....He doesn't know how to motivate players,,Whatmore was very good at that aspect...
Improvement of Tamim and rise of Shakib as a test bowler,,these are the only good things that happened during JS period...
Negative points:
*not an motivational coach
*often delivers rubbish comments in press-briefing which is uninspiring 4 players
*didn't build a formidable strategy for ODI/T20
*during his period..team spirit has gone down
*Losing to associate nations..at least Whatmore ensured that we don't lose against associate countries
Old July 23, 2010, 04:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Siddons has given the sole authority to select the final 11. His reaction says it all, the team is losing to an unranked associate team, he was unmoved during and after the game.

The man simply does not care. Exactly, he is just robbing the huge salary from a poor country and in the process taking down our cricket to a point from which we may never be able to recover. Everybody can question our test status after losing to 2 associate teams in days, while giving ODI status to Netherlands in the process.

I wonder what will Siddons will say after we are officially lose our test status! We never deserved test staus but give another contrcat extension to Siddon with a Billion $ bonus! Shame on Siddons for his continous shameful comedy and BCB to continue to persue with this idiot.