facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 15, 2010, 01:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Any top order batsman worth his paygrade must average over 35 in tests and 30 in ODIs after a prolonged stint in the side. By the same token any bowler should have a sub 30 average to be considered world class. The only two current cricketers in the Bangladesh team who can rub shoulders with the best are Tamim and Shakib. A few others are really good but would not make it to most other international sides. I would not call them over-rated because we are the ones burdering them with unrealisticaly high expectations. But I would say they are still below par when it comes to the highest level.

Old September 16, 2010, 03:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Who cares abt a 5 wckt haul if it doesn't make yr team win,in that case Shahadat should be considered as our best fast bowler,it's like we see batsmen getting centuries but still their team loose at the end.
But yet because of his good bowling or his alround performance we did win 3 big games.

You are taking it to the other direction sisi. If you want to give the credit of winning a match to a bowler, it must be a min 5 wkt haul, other wise he played well, but victory is a team effort. you can't say an individual bowler won us three matches by taking 3/4 wkts. Isn't that over rating ?

Look, the way, you are making Mash the Hero and Shahadat a Zero, Shows your tendency of overrating Mash. And off course you aren't alone. It's no fun taking a fifer against Eng in Lords. You must give credit to Shahadat as well for those great performances and discredit Mash for completely failing to ball the final overs. You will get the balance.

I love Mash as well, he had been our best pacer for some time. But I also understand his standard and don't like to over rate him the way you do.
Old September 16, 2010, 04:25 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

In the current team, Tamim is the most overrated one. He has surpassed Ashraful in our expectation. He playes test for himself and in shorter format fails to deliver even 20% of what is expected from him by us.
Old September 16, 2010, 08:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Almost all current players are over rated and this statement is timeless. A player can not be judged except at the end of his career. Hence, it is safe to say that we almost always over-rate the current crop. Thank god history is written by statisticians.
Old September 16, 2010, 11:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

as we r taliking abt International players now I think Hashim AMla is underrated,he is an amazing batsman but we don't talk much abt him.
Old September 16, 2010, 12:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Overrated
1) Mushfiqur Rahim (drops catches in every matches and gets out when team needs him, his batting is worse than Stuart Broad).
2) Riyadh - drops catches in every matches as well, selfish player also sloppiest fielder alive
3) Naeem Baikka Islam - useless ghordhop, ramchagol, modon
4) Mashrafe Mortaza - he should retire from test, his opening overs are ok but his last overs are so awful that u would choose Ashraful over him.
Old September 17, 2010, 05:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^mushy isn't as bad a batsmean as u are saying
Old September 17, 2010, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
as we r taliking abt International players now I think Hashim AMla is underrated,he is an amazing batsman but we don't talk much abt him.
Hasim Amla is not underrated. He's sort of an FTB, but he's definitely a decent enough player. I won't rate him that high though.