facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 30, 2010, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
Right you are boss, Mazhar said that there is no betting activity when Indian market is closed!!

Indian market is the root of corruption in cricket as it seems. And very well supported and implemented by Pakistan. Neighbors working together in black market

As India is also involved, it is no surprise that ICC is reluctant to take strong action. After all they are the source of money.

Hope this time they will not get away, ICC will take action and cricket will be clean from this corruption.
LMAO ICC is reluctant to take action coz India is involved? Dude this is illegal gambling we're talking about. Neither India or BCCI benefit from that.

And why the heck should ICC care, their job is not to ensure that illegal betting doesn't take place, that's the duty of the respective nation to carry out jurisdiction effectively.

Please think a while before framing conspiracy theories here.

Old August 30, 2010, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
one thing I agree with L. Modi that betting should be legalised in India. A legal market will cause lesser harm than an illegal market. But ICC could do nothing on this as the matter depends on the approval of Indian govt. And I dont think they will approve it against public sentiment.
It's good in a way, but in a large country like ours, it won't be easy to effectively monitor such stuff as the British are doing. It's a double edged sword, in a way.
Old August 30, 2010, 04:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Legalising gambling is a political hot potato ! Just like de-criminalising drugs [ at least, soft drugs ]. Most informed circles would agree including the police but very few politicians dare act on this. Gambling is sin, you see. Illegal gambling ? Well, you can't see it. Just pretend it does not exist.

But it festers mob like culture. When young people get trapped with minor things like "spot betting" [ after all, you are not selling out your country, are you ? ], it soon ratchets up. The mob has a hold on you. After all, you have already done something illegal and you can be subject to blackmail. If need be, a few phone calls to family members can also be made just to remind you what you are supposed to do ! These are dangerous people. Better not to get involved in the first place.
Old August 30, 2010, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
Cricket and the lure of betting
Ashok Malik
he claims 50 times of online betting at ONE betting website (out of probably hundreds of such websites), not 4-5 times of the rest of the world combined as you said. it says nothing about UK betting.
not to mention I've serious doubts about the figure itself, which is just the opinion of an unnamed source, the journalist may even have cooked that up. the value his source tells him is 5000-6000 crores per match in INR ! that's an astonishing number !
could be true but I still find this hard to believe.

----------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiazk
"as far as I gathered his transactions were with the british gambling system. pray tell me why scotland yard are pursuing a defrauding the betting syndicates case otherwise ?"

Where did you "gather" this information ? Can you find a single UK betting service which gives odds on no-balls ?

Illegal cricket betting is based in Dubai, Mumbai and Karachi [ in that order ].
well I "gathered" it from the papers, if you read them carefully in stead of making up things you might have gathered it too.
on what charge is mazeed arrested, pray tell me ? do you know ?
it is "“on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud bookmakers.”"
I guess scotland yard is pursuing the case because majeed defreauded illegal Indian bookmakers is it, is that your hypothesis ?

I do not know of any UK bookmakers that give odds on no-balls because I do not bet, but please explain to me what majeed means by
Quote:
"England, there's brackets. Like tomorrow (August 19) there is no bracket because the Indian market is not open. The third day (August 20) there's brackets.

"I give out the information the night before or morning. What's going to happen at the end of the fourth day. But we now are not going to do any results for the next two games because we want Salman Butt to be captain long term." Then he outlined the prices bookies pay him for his information.

"The results, like brackets, we charge anything between £50,000 and £80,000 pounds per bracket.
now brackets mean a group of 10 overs, clearly legal UK bookies won't be open or closed depending on Indian markets, so what does he mean by England, there's brackets, that there is illegal gambling in UK as well, perhaps well connected to the sub-continent rings ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
^^
To add, Mazher himself said (according to the NOTW report) that there are no major activities when the "Indian market is not open."
and throughout the report he says again and again that the activity is selling information to bookies, including Indian bookies, not once does he say or indicate he is putting money there. I don't how you are coming to this conclusion.
-----------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
As India is also involved, it is no surprise that ICC is reluctant to take strong action. After all they are the source of money.

Hope this time they will not get away, ICC will take action and cricket will be clean from this corruption.
oh dear, why would ICC or BCCI care for illegal betting syndicates ? how does it profit them ?
do you even bother to think before writing something ? I think my brain will evaporate if I read this again.
Old August 30, 2010, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiazk
Legalising gambling is a political hot potato ! Just like de-criminalising drugs [ at least, soft drugs ]. Most informed circles would agree including the police but very few politicians dare act on this. Gambling is sin, you see. Illegal gambling ? Well, you can't see it. Just pretend it does not exist.

But it festers mob like culture. When young people get trapped with minor things like "spot betting" [ after all, you are not selling out your country, are you ? ], it soon ratchets up. The mob has a hold on you. After all, you have already done something illegal and you can be subject to blackmail. If need be, a few phone calls to family members can also be made just to remind you what you are supposed to do ! These are dangerous people. Better not to get involved in the first place.
excellent post, I hope the politicians and people alike show some maturity and legalise this circus, a lot (but not all) of our problems will go away.
Old September 18, 2010, 01:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
The ICC has launched an investigation into the third ODI between England and Pakistan at The Oval after it received information before the game began alleging that bookies were aware of patterns in the Pakistan innings.

The Sun newspaper reported that it had passed on information to the ICC regarding scoring patterns in Pakistan's innings in two overs during Friday's game. The ICC said in a release that it believed " a full investigation is warranted".

"A source informed The Sun newspaper that a certain scoring pattern would emerge during certain stages of the match and, broadly speaking, that information appeared to be correct," Haroon Lorgat, the ICC chief executive, said. "We therefore feel it is incumbent upon us to launch a full enquiry into this particular game, although it is worth pointing out at this stage that we are not stating as fact that anything untoward has occurred. Only in the fullness of the investigation can that be established."

The development came on the same day that Scotland Yard passed on to prosecutors an initial file of evidence on claims that Pakistan cricketers were involved in spot-fixing. It said evidence that there was a conspiracy to defraud bookmakers will be considered by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).

Three Pakistan players - Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif - remain suspended by the ICC for their alleged role in the spot-fixing scandal that engulfed the Lord's Test between Pakistan and England. The players, however, have filed appeals against the suspension.
http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-pa...ry/477641.html

Oh dear
Old September 18, 2010, 02:04 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Just ban them for good.
Seriously.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]