facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 10, 2010, 02:18 PM
Street Cricketer

Mahmudullah is the crapest player we have considering his lack of realisation of the situation or inability to find at least singles if not boundaries.. He comes at an stage when strike rate should be over 100%. In the last two games, we got into a position of 170/180 in 40 overs. We need another say 80-100 runs off the last 60 balls to make a very competitive toal and this guy is not the right player to do it. We need an intelligent player at this stage who can keep the run rate high without losing the wicket which Morgan is doing for England.... Siddon/Mashrafe, please drop this guy.....

Old July 10, 2010, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Guys today is a special day. So just for today take a break from all kind of complaining bashing or what not. You can all resume your regular work from tomorrow. Please and thank you.
Old July 10, 2010, 02:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedjamil
Mahmudullah is the crapest player we have considering his lack of realisation of the situation or inability to find at least singles if not boundaries.. He comes at an stage when strike rate should be over 100%. In the last two games, we got into a position of 170/180 in 40 overs. We need another say 80-100 runs off the last 60 balls to make a very competitive toal and this guy is not the right player to do it. We need an intelligent player at this stage who can keep the run rate high without losing the wicket which Morgan is doing for England.... Siddon/Mashrafe, please drop this guy.....
well, looks like he is not good at English condition. so need to be drop next game.
Old July 10, 2010, 03:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

did any body thinks that he couldn't play a shot cause england was bowling supervely and he decided to keep his wicket instead getting all out in 50? didn't that score was enough at the end?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old July 10, 2010, 05:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Probably he should have batted on Ashraful's spot. Riyad needs some time to adjust in the middle. He is a good batsman.

Ashraful should bat at 8/9. I'm not joking he is perfect for a no. 8 or 9. Short quick innings would help BD to push for bigger innings.
Old July 10, 2010, 05:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

I completely agree that Mahamudullah is a selfish player. He pissed me off so much with the way he was batting. And please dont say it was the team strategy because I dont believe Jamie Siddons forbid him from hitting in the powerplay or the last over. So dont blame it team strategy and JS, its all Riyadh's selfishness. I wasnt angry with his slow batting, what really pissed me off was the fact, that Riyadh didnt even show any intent out there. Its like he didnt even had any inclination of going after the bowling

Faisal should be given another chance, and I wonder if its possible to bring in Nazimuddin into the team and convert him into a finisher? Or bring n Nasir and Shuvogoto. However, I dont want Razzak to be replaced because I think Razzak seems to be getting his bowlin-form back once again

Last edited by dark mage; July 10, 2010 at 05:52 PM..
Old July 10, 2010, 05:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Probably he should have batted on Ashraful's spot. Riyad needs some time to adjust in the middle. He is a good batsman.

Ashraful should bat at 8/9. I'm not joking he is perfect for a no. 8 or 9. Short quick innings would help BD to push for bigger innings.
u r right!
It's true that Ryad was quite selfish today.
At the same time I think we r misusing his talent.
He should come in to bat before Sakib & Ash as these two r not scoring at all but r good at slogging which we need later on.
Old July 10, 2010, 08:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakibul Hasan

Mahmudullah should switch places with Shakib. Shakib is the type that likes to come in and hit right away. Mahmudullah is an innings builder/reviver. It really is as simple as it sounds...

I dont know why people expect him to play the pinch hitting role. He's never done that well in his life, and I doubt he ever will...
Old July 10, 2010, 09:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Riayd to me never seemed like a class player. He only had that one good series against W.I and yes India... but...
Everytime he comes out to bat, he looks confused, scared and with lack of confidence! It's like he doesn't want to be there at all !! His face always has that '" i'm gonna cry anytime now'" expression and it's just NOT ON! If he is going to bat that low down the order, he better learn to play some shots or go up the order and place shakib down the order so that When there is a batting PP, there will be an '"attacking'" batsmen!
Or simply just drop, and replace him with Nayeem ( I like this idea)
Nayeem is a waaay better player than he is. At least Nayeem won't play test during a Batting PP and actually has the capability to play some SHOTS!
not to mention Nayeem can bowl as well, I mean, I would rate Nayeem to be an okay alright allrounder ( as he is classified) , TBH Riayd's bowling isn't any great either. What worse can Nayeem do in that position? Pluys lately Riayd isn't even bowling, so why not have Nayeem instead of him?

I WANT NAYEEM IN THE TEAM
Old July 10, 2010, 10:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
It's not Ryad's fault. If you followed him, he always plays like this. He should have came out when Ash did and vice versa. For god's sake, if you are going to take ASH in the team might aswell use him for sloging which he is best at.

I'll repeat once again Riyad is batting too low, he takes time to settle in, in the past few innings he has come out to bat when we need quick runs immediately, this is not his natural game. If he came out to bat at 5 instead of Shakib, we would have had a bigger total. He is capable of scoring runs quickly but only once he is set, usually after 15-20 balls. We could put him in 5, shakib at 6, and a slogger at 7 (Ashraful, Aftab, Kapali, Shuvogotu, whoever etc.
Old July 10, 2010, 11:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Hai rey pablic!!! Koi din agey SL against'a Jei batting dilo ... ato taratari bhuila geley kamney hobay!!

Didn't he pace that innings to perfection?

He is just struggling in this conditions. I have seen world famous batsmen (time and again) having trouble to cope with early English conditions. That even after touring multiple times. Leave the boy alone.

Situations dictate how to bat and these boys are well aware on how to bat. You blame not firing Riyad but don't say anything to fatai felmu Shakib? Riyad is a perfect #7 for home games. Trust me.
Old July 10, 2010, 11:33 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I know he didn't bat accordingly. I don't know why. Because he crushed Indian and Sri Lanka during batting powper-play, and at the end of the innings. He was hitting very well. But then again he was in form then. But what I hated the most today was how he got Mashrafe out by trying to stay off the strike. He should've maned up and faced the last 3 balls. And smack them for 4s. As a batsman he should want to keep the strike. Really upset with that.
Old July 11, 2010, 12:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Hai rey pablic!!! Koi din agey SL against'a Jei batting dilo ... ato taratari bhuila geley kamney hobay!!

He is just struggling in this conditions. I have seen world famous batsmen (time and again) having trouble to cope with early English conditions. That even after touring multiple times. Leave the boy alone.

Situations dictate how to bat and these boys are well aware on how to bat. You blame not firing Riyad but don't say anything to fatai felmu Shakib? Riyad is a perfect #7 for home games. Trust me.
Shouldnt he be picked for home series only?

[Sorry didn't watch BD batting] I thought he should have been used with the ball, instead of Ash.
Old July 11, 2010, 12:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Shouldnt he be picked for home series only?

[Sorry didn't watch BD batting] I thought he should have been used with the ball, instead of Ash.
What Mahmudullah is good at is dart bowling that will help while defending something like 280 odd. what Ravindra Jadeja does for India Yesterday BD needed wickets and Mash went for a gamble with Ash, he's a partnership breaker, so just no harm in trying out. I won't blame him. Still I'd say probably he deserved 2-3 overs in the middle.

I'd prefer a more penetrating part timer like Faisal, given his good averages in FC cricket, and sucky batting by Riyadh these days.
Old July 15, 2010, 08:07 AM
Cricket Sage

The most selfish in world cricket ? But definitely in our team.
Old July 15, 2010, 08:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

if Riyad continues to play like this, then its better to place him at 3/4 position. No point of playing him at no 7/8 when most of the time he has to face power play ! rather mushy or jahurul could come handy in later overs !!!

kintu eto kotha koye ki lav, amader siddons baba to shonatoni poddhoti te khele where change and improvisation has no place !!
Old July 15, 2010, 08:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Riyad's not selfish. He's a player who understands his limitations and values his wicket. He takes time to settle in and whe he does, he can score consistently. He has come a long way since debut and he'll continue to improve InshAllah. Loser negativists like Sid need to stay out of his and everybody eleses head.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 17, 2010, 08:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Time to get the clown out of the team! Can't even play out the full 50 overs.
Old October 17, 2010, 09:01 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Today he faced 34 balls to score only 24 @ SR of 70.

Can any1 confirm out of those 34 delivery, did he had any intend to play attacking shot to get boundary rather than only single?

As far as i remember, there is was no intend from him to go for it even on the batting PP. What was he doing? boosting his avg up? if so than i think there should be no place for such a loser like him.

He should be drop for the next series against no matter what.there are plenty of player waiting to get a chance......
You are right, nadim, Mahmudullah was playing a bean counter's test cricket with a selfish mind.
And it was so obvious as he did not attempt for any boundaries.
Even Shafiul attempted some boundaries which were stopped.
Old October 17, 2010, 09:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Riyad for the test team is fantastic..but for the ODI team he's not..he takes time at the crease before he can start playing his shots..our #7 spot is now up in the air really..
Old October 17, 2010, 09:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

He didnt prove you right ..
Old October 17, 2010, 11:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

he's a good bowler though,bowled a lot of overs today,7 or 8,i think...