facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 17, 2010, 10:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Ashfaq, you speak as though Ashraful was a world beater before Siddons era. The last I checked, Whatmore had four years to work on him, and he too has failed miserably. Could it perhaps just be that he is utter $hit?
Spot on! Ashraful is a fluke, let's deal with it! Heck even if I play 200 matches I might score couple of hundreds If he is not a fluke, let him prove us wrong when he gets selected (I sincerely hope he never gets selected) again.

Old October 17, 2010, 10:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
Any batting coach who could reduce Ash to what he is now can't be that good. Siddons did some good jobs with TI, Shak and even JS or IK. But I'll never forgive him for when he failed with Ash.
Siddon has his own short coming and members are pointing those out, but Motin's short-coming has nothing to do with Siddon.

Has it ever occurred to you, it may not be coaches who are not at faults, but it may be Motin (and his super loyal fans) himself who may be the cause of his own problem?

There is reason why frustrated Dav even stopped talking with Motin. If McInnes would be the coach, Motin would be banned from coming closer than 100 yrd of BD team.
Old October 17, 2010, 10:33 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Equinox you spoke my mind. How come for the last 3 ODI there was no thread or anything regarding how was JS doing, but as soon we see that 174, its all siddons fault. How is it possible that when the team fails its all siddons fault, but when the team does something good its due to everyone else except him.
As once being said: Coaches never seem to get the due creditability when a team does well.... rather get abused when does below expectations. Its the harsh truth and there are very few lucky ones alive in the kind.

Its been an informative debate, and enjoying..
Old October 17, 2010, 10:47 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
There is reason why frustrated Dav even stopped talking with Motin. If McInnes would be the coach, Motin would be banned from coming closer than 100 yrd of BD team.
My eyes lit up when I saw his name. My searchbox always looks for the key word "Ash"
Jekhane dekhibe chai.......

Back to the point:
If we could have used those efforts that Ash "Absorbed" from those coaches, to other young talents, we should have found atleast one more (if not many) stable batman in the lineup

Last edited by riankhan; October 17, 2010 at 02:01 PM..
Old October 17, 2010, 10:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

This thread actually converting Sid appreciation thread:-). No luck Murad Vai.
It disgust me most when our team do bad and some anti-Sid instantly open a thread about his failure. But when we won 4 in row against Nz no thanks/congratulatory/appreciation thread for Siddons by pro-Sid fans. Yet they say we are giving too much credit to the coach.
Old October 17, 2010, 10:55 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Well, where was JS when we lost to the Associates?? We are still dry bleeding, aren't we???
Old October 17, 2010, 11:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Lotus Kamal is the greatest of them all.
sheikh hasina ???
Old October 17, 2010, 12:48 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

ok, I am JS's biggest critic, but this is just stupid
Old October 17, 2010, 01:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

He is the best coach we have so far.
Thanks JS. I hope you would mature more in course of time.
Old October 17, 2010, 01:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

salamalaikum..JS IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 17, 2010, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Congrats to Siddons, coaching staff and the entire team. Everybody worked really hard, and with some success on their back and I think they will work even harder.
Old October 17, 2010, 02:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

No.
Batting was below par. Only intelligent bowling and some charismatic fielding which we never saw before the other two blokes joined us. So credit goes to where it is due.
Old October 17, 2010, 02:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
Any batting coach who could reduce Ash to what he is now can't be that good. Siddons did some good jobs with TI, Shak and even JS or IK. But I'll never forgive him for when he failed with Ash.
For Ash, he himself should be blamed the most, not Jamie Siddons. JS is a defensive coach who started his tenure with a conception (probably misconception) of our ability being very low. Ash was the best batsman at that time and his contribution could make a difference. Jamie Siddons tried to instill patience and reduce risk factor by cutting out shots from Ashrafuls book.

Actually Jamie misread Ash; he is what he is, you can not change him. He is like Sehwag who best contributes when he plays in his own style. When he clicks, it's great, when not, it looks ugly. But the guys like Sehwag and Ashraful are all about playing their natural game. As Sehwag has learnt to take responsibilities (in some extent), Ash was also learning. But Jamie gave him what he could not carry.

The result is, Ash became unsuccessful and was not willing to listen to Jamie any more. But the damage had already been done. Ash used to be in two minds, being afraid of failure not listening to the coach and eventually looked pathetic in most of the matches. Jamie seems to be a man with ego and did not hesitate to express his view about a non-listening student.

If the same would have been applied to Tamim or Shakib, we were not going to see any of them doing well. Fortunately for us, they are smarter than Ash to overcome the Jamie-effect and continue playing in their own style. Responsibility etc. come with time and confidence.

Feel sorry for Ash; but as an international player, you should be strong enough to overcome Jamie-effect, or you do not belong there. Watching an in-form Ash is the best one can get from Bangladesh cricket! I miss him.
Old October 17, 2010, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
ok, I am JS's biggest critic, but this is just stupid
pechal kom.change your signature as you gave word! :p

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...0&postcount=53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
For some reason I keep forgetting we already won the series. Get rid of the 1st half.

If the game goes on, and we take 4-0, I will drop my sig.