facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 24, 2010, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Shakib is a big issue..... better make it 10. He needs to perform. He cannot become Ashraful.
He is good with the ball but his batting slump

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Old June 24, 2010, 12:30 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
He is good with the ball but his batting slump

if thats the case he should be on the team as a bowler. Say inplace of razzaq and bat at like 7 or 8 down and we can have one more batsmen in the team. So my lineup in ODI would be,
Tamim (Always first)
Imrul (need a defense stand)
Junaid (doing well)
Mushy (Play the spinners and middle overs)
Alok/Aftab/Nazimuddin (slog masters)
Mahmudllah/ Roqibul (good for stopping collapse)
Sakib (Just slog play however u want it)
Naeem (backing up)
Mash
Shafi
Rubel/Nazmul

Last edited by Rinathq; June 24, 2010 at 12:37 PM..
Old June 24, 2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
i think that the wicketkeeper mushfiqur should be captain because he looks lke he knows everything that is associated with cricket,i have a quote that rahim said on their tour last year against the west indies(the so called second string)this is rahim talking to riyad,btw rahim is keping and riyad bowling,''riayd if you put the ball in the right areas them we will create opportunities and wickets will come"end of quote,after that we all knew what happen,riyad got 5 wickets on debut and the tigers won the test match,brilliant..,./,./
Well Mushy was given a chance but he failed to utilize it at all! so i wouldn't count on Mushy either. Plus he is too young he will have his time later. making wicket keepers captain is always a good idea
Old June 24, 2010, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
if thats the case he should be on the team as a bowler. Say inplace of razzaq and bat at like 7 or 8 down and we can have one more batsmen in the team. So my lineup in ODI would be,
Tamim (Always first)
Imrul (need a defense stand)
Junaid (doing well)
Mushy (Play the spinners and middle overs)
Alok/Aftab/Nazimuddin (slog masters)
Mahmudllah/ Roqibul (good for stopping collapse)
Sakib (Just slog play however u want it)
Naeem (backing up)
Mash
Shafi
Rubel/Nazmul
Well Mushy didn't make good use of his promotions up the order though. Still I'd say it's fair to pair him at No. 4, followed by Mahmudullah. Shakib shouldn't bat way down the order because he's not just a slogger, his technique is pretty good, though flawed. I was thinking if Shakib can play his role as an opener. He can go after the bowling in the first few overs and hence get a good starts which will allow the middle order to play freely. I dunno if Imrul can play as good in the middle order but seems like he's got temeperament of a middle order batsman to consolidate the innings.
Old June 24, 2010, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

** Just like Watson does for the Aussies.
Old June 24, 2010, 12:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Shakib Al Hasan is my main man!!

All my love and prayers are with you my sonny boy!! Allah bless you!
Old June 26, 2010, 01:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

In current form Rasel, Even Nazmul > Mash.

At least they will show commitment in the field while trying to field. Not trying to catch taki mas.

When a player doesn't bend down properly and lets goes balls in between his legs that shows he is not up to the international standards. The beating he got of his 120k loppas and you think there is no replacement? I'd take wayward Rubel over him right now. At least he can crack few helmets.
+++
Obviously we need a fit Mash in our team. He needs more time to recover from the layoffs and surgery. Good that he lost that bhuri. he has more work to do if he really wants to spearhead BD attack.
Old June 26, 2010, 04:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
5 wickets @ 34.20 and 2 of 3 matches fielding first. Not bad at all. The avg would've been better but that Pak match was a bowlers nightmare.

Obviously we expect way better than that from him, hope he'll do well in the Eng series.
2 of 3 matches and no contribution with bat isn't a bad performance? Ashraful has done the same with NZ in Bangladesh. We didnt spare him, did we? I'm not saying that we need to change Shakib. But he surely doesn't have a defendable performance. He is big concern and he must do better. He is an all rounder, if he isn't doing the job of a bowler well and neither of a batsman, we are missing a batsman and a bowler both.

Many of our bowlers have done better than him with bat and ball. He needs to improve.
Old June 26, 2010, 08:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
...He is big concern and he must do better. He is an all rounder, if he isn't doing the job of a bowler well and neither of a batsman, we are missing a batsman and a bowler both.

Many of our bowlers have done better than him with bat and ball. He needs to improve.
1. He should do better not because he is an alrounder but he is the captain.

2. Why put a "if" in the second sentence? He is not doing well as a bowler? Who is doing better than him? Mashrafe?

3. Many? Please list them and their stats. Thanks. Make sure you include powerplay overs analysis as well.
Old June 26, 2010, 08:48 AM
Cricket Sage

^ Im also wondering about number 3. I would love to have those players in our national team.

Old June 26, 2010, 10:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
2 of 3 matches and no contribution with bat isn't a bad performance? Ashraful has done the same with NZ in Bangladesh. We didnt spare him, did we? I'm not saying that we need to change Shakib. But he surely doesn't have a defendable performance. He is big concern and he must do better. He is an all rounder, if he isn't doing the job of a bowler well and neither of a batsman, we are missing a batsman and a bowler both.

Shakib is still by far the best bowler, that match vs Pak screwed up his figures a lot. Otherwise he bowled reasonably well, where spinners didn't get much assistance. In NZ series there were better performers than him in the bowling department. And batting, I agree, he's going through a rough patch, but that doesn't mean he's doing a real bad.
Old June 26, 2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Shakib is still by far the best bowler, that match vs Pak screwed up his figures a lot. Otherwise he bowled reasonably well, where spinners didn't get much assistance. In NZ series there were better performers than him in the bowling department. And batting, I agree, he's going through a rough patch, but that doesn't mean he's doing a real bad.
o so u think its harsh to judge Sakib based on Asia Cup, but its not harsh Mash to judge him by couple of matches after returning from injury after soo long???? He was pretty good at the first man against India. He and Sakib only managed to get wickets. Sakib is a great bowler no doubt. But Mash is a seamer. Its far more difficult to perform as a seamer than spinner particularly on a spin pitch like Dambula.
Old June 26, 2010, 10:33 PM

by the way guys, name one seamer better than Mash and please care to explain and show the stats as well......
Old June 27, 2010, 12:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
o so u think its harsh to judge Sakib based on Asia Cup, but its not harsh Mash to judge him by couple of matches after returning from injury after soo long???? He was pretty good at the first man against India. He and Sakib only managed to get wickets. Sakib is a great bowler no doubt. But Mash is a seamer. Its far more difficult to perform as a seamer than spinner particularly on a spin pitch like Dambula.
Dambulla spin pitch? You kidding me? The top wicket takers are mostly fast bowlers, and had a bit of movement under the lights.

And even if you judge him by Asia cup, he's by far the best BD bowler of the series and the top wicket taker along with Shafiul Islam.
Old October 17, 2010, 08:32 AM
Cricket Legend

This thread needs a good bump
Old October 17, 2010, 09:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

I hope that surely the OP got his answer.
Old October 17, 2010, 10:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

we achieved the only 2 series wins against g8 nations under his captaincy,and more importantly,mainly due to his superb performance...simple as that!!!
Old October 17, 2010, 10:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Adam Gilcrist

i officially request 4 this thread 2 go!!!
Old October 18, 2010, 03:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

The original OP seems to have something against Shakib. He keeps on calling him selfish and things like that. Unfortunate.