facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 16, 2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
I understand what some of the fans saying here. They find the thread irrelevant when BD is on a winning momentum. This is clearly understandable.
This is the right time to post a thread like this. You have to hit the iron when it is hot and red. We shouldn't carry away just after winning a series - Bokulpur bohudur. We have bigger goals to be achieved my friends

Old October 16, 2010, 10:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

We have lots of problems as a nation and we can go on forever to identify it. Cricket is also into it. THOUGH it is late, THOUGH it is not enough, BUT we have achieved something in cricket. It is time to celebrate, take the good things out of it and aim high to go forward. This is the way of going forward to me. Throwing out frustration and anger in the time of achievement is not the way of going forward.
Old October 16, 2010, 11:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

LOL

Danni: He does not like you.
Old October 17, 2010, 02:11 AM
BC Editorial Team

Asif er eto WC er shopno hoise ... Bamon hate chaad ...
Clearly we have under-achieved but honestly even if we had set our expectations high, done everything right, we'd still not be a powerhouse today.
Old October 17, 2010, 04:36 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Where's the anger at all the corrupt politicos and sport officials that run our sports to the ground?
Where's the anger at the coaches who set the bar so low?
Where's the anger at some of the players for their frail ego? Walking off from training at the drop of a hat?
^Questions that are never answered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
Look at the bigger picture. We Bangladeshis as a nation have lost our anger. We are becoming more and more resigned to our corrupt politicians and their ill-though out policies. Before anything, we need a revolution that will sweep aside the dark sides of our politics that is so unashamedly being displayed every day.
^Unfortunately, so very true..

I'm in complete agreement with ATMR's comment here. Even this series win isn't enough to cheer me up for a long-enough time. Trust me..a 4-0 whitewash will not be able to take off the load of hopelessness from my heart. It is not because we win occasionally. Not even because we sometimes lose to minor teams. The reasons are much more permanent than that:

-This NZ side is currently in a very bad shape (Arguable verdict..but thats what I finally believe). They may be whitewashed by us, but that still doesn't make us invincible. We are still a vulnerable side.
-Certain individual players ATM, are glowing high..but just look at the others! They are still in shambles...just like before.
-As the old saying goes: Its always tougher to retain your pride after u've earned it. Occasional glories don't relieve me anymore. Because I simply know this very team will start releasing its inner cowards the moment it faces a currently-in-form tough opponent.
-The backbone: It just isn't there. The whole system is still based on experimental pool of national-team and ex-national-team players periodically coached by a hired high or mid-profile international coach. The best that it can take us..is at the inconsistent platform where PAK or WI are ATM. What's frustrating is that..our management has got plenty of occasional successes to hide behind or even claim that they're pioneering this and that to take cricket to a 'new-digital-level' in the country. Who is gonna bring them to justice?
-We, in our culture, seriously lack the ability of 'objective-judgment'. To us..everything is subjective. Everything is either AL or BNP. There is no mechanism to take our cricket out of this frame of torture..

Can add a lot more.. but lets just stop here..
Old October 17, 2010, 04:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Top post Bashir bhai. You echoed my mind.
Old October 17, 2010, 06:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Well, unlike ATMR, I find this 4-0 very refreshing, especially after the horrible summer we had. However, our batting, imo, stayed as dismissal as ever barring Shakib (even SN did not look convincing to me despite his one good innings).

I think even Zimbabweans will handle our spinners better than New Zealanders did, we will be in deep trouble if we have to keep relying on them so heavily.
Old October 17, 2010, 01:25 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Well, unlike ATMR, I find this 4-0 very refreshing, especially after the horrible summer we had. However, our batting, imo, stayed as dismissal as ever barring Shakib (even SN did not look convincing to me despite his one good innings).

I think even Zimbabweans will handle our spinners better than New Zealanders did, we will be in deep trouble if we have to keep relying on them so heavily.
I have to go with Eshen. After following BD Cricket for 13 years, this 4-0 feels pretty good. I used to be angry, but I got used to getting disappointed over the years while I kept pulling all-nighters after all-nighters. The disappointments got the better of me, and I modified myself to not witness anymore of those. Just like last night, I gave up following the game after BD was all out for 174. Somewhere inside me there was a voice that may be we can pull it off, but the pain inside me that accumulated over the years forced me to go to sleep.

I do agree with Asaad that the goals should be realistic, otherwise there is no point of setting goals if you can't reach them. But obviously goals should be set to achieve bigger things. Regardless, I truly understand the pain of the fans when they are expecting too much. Therefore, I would suggest setting two different goals - one for the team/management and one for the fans. For example, I think it would be realistic for the team and management to set a goal to reach to the semis or quarter-final. But the fans should be told to set their expectation to doing well in the second round. This way the team and the management would do everything (hopefully!) to get to semis or quarter-final, and if they slip then the fans would not have to suffer a lot of pain. I am afraid to set expectations that we cannot achieve and then become broken hearted. Enough of this, I refuse to let my heart get torn apart again and again.

My support for the Tigers will always be there. I will cherish their wins and be by their side when they lose. We have just started to walk with the big boys, but I hope we will soon be able to run with them. Lets hope that the team management and players will make winning their habit.

On the current batsmen, I am okay with IK. I think he has been trying to be consistent. However, JS and RH has done nothing as of yet. Jahurul Islam would be a much better choice than RH. He has hunger to improve and bat well. Probably when TI comes back, JS and SN will fight for their spot. Hopefully it will bring out the best from them.
Old October 17, 2010, 02:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan

On the current batsmen, I am okay with IK. I think he has been trying to be consistent. However, JS and RH has done nothing as of yet. Jahurul Islam would be a much better choice than RH. He has hunger to improve and bat well. Probably when TI comes back, JS and SN will fight for their spot. Hopefully it will bring out the best from them.
IMO, both ZS and SN should be kicked out of the ODI team once Tamim returns. Both live in the glory of one good innings for too long. Their horrible fielding (that's so important in ODI format) certainly don't make up for their inconsistent batting.

Jahurul should be given the #3 slot while a newcomer (Shamsur or Shuvagoto) should be tried at #4.
Old October 17, 2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
IMO, both ZS and SN should be kicked out of the ODI team once Tamim returns. Both live in the glory of one good innings for too long. Their horrible fielding (that's so important in ODI format) certainly don't make up for their inconsistent batting.

Jahurul should be given the #3 slot while a newcomer (Shamsur or Shuvagoto) should be tried at #4.
Hei Eshen bhai, 100% agree with you
Old October 18, 2010, 06:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I think the lack of killer instinct is embedded in our nation. Its taught in our culture to be kind, to be polite, to be the 'weaker' one if one must say. And that has just translated into the cricket team's mentality.

I think Zunaid bro did an excellent job bringing ATMR's post up here, and the timing could not have been better. Just because we won 4-0 doesn't mean we are suddenly in the 'happy place'. We still have several things to sort out, many question to be answered[asked by many in this thread already].

But in a country where you can't pay the registration fee of your land, a parking ticket without bribing the officer, how realistic is it to expect a perfect board? We will always have one or two morons in the top tier of BCB officials, we will always have people who prefer their own gains over the country's, despite all this we will still have to go forward.

I have been saying this for a while, that Bangladesh team has improved a lot over the past 2-3 years. And if you had a scale of improvement, Bangladesh will be #1 or #2 for improvement in the past 10 years[from associate to a semi-big boy]. With out current bunch, i expect the improvement to be consistent over the next few years and by 2015 I expect our team to be challenging Aus in Aus and beating WIN/NZ at home with their lungis on.

Another thing that was ALWAYS missing from the Bangladesh team; the killer instinct. I find it hard to believe, how professional sportsmen could go to play without expecting to win. If you don't expect to win, then just sit home and beat Australia by an innings and 432 runs on Cricket 2007. But in this series, I have seen the players eager to win, more now than ever before. They were not scared to go to the opponents face and say " i am here to win, if you want to win as well you have to take it from right under my nose", and unless we have 11 players with that mentality we will not be playing at our optimum level. The good thing is, the captain[Shakib or Mashrafe] are really eager to win, they have a strong backbone and never give up without a fight. If they can transfer this mentality to everyone else, we will be causing some serious head turns in 2011.

And to ATMR bro, etodin jokhon koshto kore support korsen, ar koedin ektu koren na. Dekhen na ki hoe.

Last edited by beshideshi; October 18, 2010 at 07:22 AM..