facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old October 18, 2010, 10:53 AM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 10,293

BTW guys, please don't make this a Mash vs Shak thread. The OP's post was disgusting & insulting towards one of our best players. So bash him but don't criticise another of our best players in the process which will bring you down to his level.
__________________
Don't be a blind fan, be rational
Reply With Quote

  #52  
Old October 18, 2010, 10:54 AM
betaar's Avatar
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,673

I think the OP got the title all wrong. I think he wanted to say, "IS MASHRAFI'S BAD LUCK GOOD LUCK FOR BANGALDESH?"

On a serious note, a fit Mash is an asset for BD because he has the charisma to do something extra ordinary at any given moment. But should Mash get an automatic pass because of his past is a different argument all together and I would say NO. Like every player he should prove his worth which I am sure he didn’t when came in the team last time around and got dropped after just one match. But that wasn’t his fault. I am sure the team mgmt just wanted a quick fix and got him in without any professionalism….so in the end it was Mash who paid for it.

But should he be selected for the NZ series, definitely. If the whole team got better after a month and a half long training, I am sure Mash got better ten fold…..poor guy just didn’t get the chance to prove it due to his BAD LUCK. So it’s just a coincidence that we won 4-0 even without Mash as a bowler but I am not too sure what would’ve happened if he was the captain as he also never got the chance to prove his leadership skills due to his injury prone career.

OP, at the end I definitely will have to say calling Mash a bad luck is not of good taste but of course the you are entitled to your opinion but the issue with that is now everyone will have an opinion about you.

__________________
www.TravelAssistonBoard.com - Your friend in the clouds!!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old October 18, 2010, 11:19 AM
shakibrulz's Avatar
shakibrulz shakibrulz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 10, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 4,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
[] He maybe from our past generation cricketers but he doesn't belong in their category. I appreciate your support towards our cricket being an Indian, but please don't make baseless comments just because you started following our team recently. Mash is the most consistent fast bowler we ever produced till date, where were your Rubel/Shafiul in the England series where Mash was easily the best bowler with a match-winning performance even after returning from such a big gap. Both looked very ordinary and their line & lengths were horrible, couldn't even play the supporting role to Mash except for Shafiul in the death overs in one match. Even in our home of cricket Mirpur where it's a spinners kingdom, Mash is the best bowler with an average of 17 where even Shak averages 24. Just before his injury in the Caribbean he was in the peak of his form being the 8th ranked bowler in ODIs and had a career average under 30. I thought you being an Indian would at least respect him, as he is the most respected/loved Bangladeshi cricketer by the Indians, just check his performance against your mighty team and you will see why. I know his test career isn't as great as it promised to be but when you have gone through 7 surgeries in only your knees then its a miracle that he is still playing cricket let alone playing good. His record and stats would have been much better only if our fielders also could have supported him a bit more, he is the unluckiest BD bowler as I've simply lost count how many times our fielders dropped catches off his bowling in the past. Not only in the field, his off-field contribution to BD Cricket is also massive, no wonder he is the most favorite player in the dressing room. And you're saying not to talk about his fielding and fitness, man didn't you even see a single BD match from the past? He was always one of our best fielders and still a better fielder than half of our players although being a pacer. Talk about his fitness, he was awarded the fittest player twice in the KKR camp in this year's IPL when he just returned from injury, I'll try to find the link of that news or some of the members here who heard about it can help me with it. Even now did you see his body shape and muscles, he lost around 20kgs in three months after returning from injury and stopped eating rice without which he couldn't even think of living, just ask any player or support stuff of our team how hard he worked to regain his fitness and rhythm as a bowler. So please, try to know more about a person before you insult him.
I agree with you to a certain extent. Sorry if I sounded a bit rude. However for me he's still an average pacer by international standards. For you guys he might have done a lot of work single handedly and I admire that. His test figures reflect how good a pacer he is. Just my opinion
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old October 18, 2010, 11:23 AM
shakibrulz's Avatar
shakibrulz shakibrulz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 10, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 4,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax
i am sure why sakibrulz want mashrafee out!...there is a match in the world cup between ind and bd..and remember the 2 wins we have against ind who got the MOM??...yap its mashrafee!!

my friend he may deliver once in 100 matches..but he'll sure deliver againest india!!

may ur words bite u in the wc match..Amin!
OMG you are spot on dude! How did you read my damn mind?

And even if he delivers against us, how will that prove me wrong?
And you wish, I just hope iceman gets thrashed less, that's all.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old October 18, 2010, 11:36 AM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 13,306

calling someone "lucky or unlucky" is an unjustified statement to begin with. I know that the thread opener want good for BD team, he wants us to succeed so please stop bashing him but thoughts like this should be avoided bro. You can do better than this...
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old October 18, 2010, 11:45 AM
Langra Langra is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 15, 2010
Location: Virginia, US
Favorite Player: Bill Clinton
Posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallian
both series, against WI & NZ, we lost Mashrafee with an injury for the series, and we won both series by banglawashing them. Is Mash just bad luck or is it a coincidence? In my opinion, he is way overrated and he gives too much runs. we are better off without him, if he wants to come back to the team, he needs to prove himself like everyone else.

What do you guys think?
We can whitewash one of the top 8's if Tamim is injured. Tamim is bad luck too .
Plain stupid, right????
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old October 18, 2010, 12:35 PM
aniksh1's Avatar
aniksh1 aniksh1 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: T.O.
Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene
Posts: 2,414

We need Mashrafe in the team...he is a decent bowler...and considering how we waste the PP we need his late order hitting
__________________
October 14: First series win against formidable opposition and Tamim Wisden POY. Greatest day in BD cricket history.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old October 18, 2010, 01:07 PM
sonarbangla's Avatar
sonarbangla sonarbangla is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 25, 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 775

umm one thing i don get.. experts say in international cricket pace is not the most important thing. its the line and length you should be more cautious of. And one more thing is, Rubel's bowling has improved by quite a lot since the new bowling coach appeared in the scene. Now question lays, if an expensive pacer like Rubel made these improvements, what would happen to an experienced pacer like Mashrafee? He should have perform even better than what he has done before! No?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old October 18, 2010, 01:20 PM
wiseshah wiseshah is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Location: newyork
Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Posts: 6,134

mashrafe is always mashrafe the great. he is by far the best cricketer and best inspiration and best leader for BD, even when he is not captain.please dont open this kind of thread by disrespecting some one, who won a match for us even in the last series.

who ever is captain, mashrafe should not bowl at the last 5 overs. thats should be maintained. he should finish his quota in first 45 overs.

i think shakib should be captain and mash should be his deputy. shakib has better game plan and more aggressive. mash is more emotional.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old October 18, 2010, 01:48 PM
Razi's Avatar
Razi Razi is offline
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: March 8, 2008
Location: BanglaCricket.com
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 5,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
I agree with you to a certain extent. Sorry if I sounded a bit rude. However for me he's still an average pacer by international standards. For you guys he might have done a lot of work single handedly and I admire that. His test figures reflect how good a pacer he is. Just my opinion
He may not have a good test record but he is clearly way better than all of your so called pacers except Zaheer Khan!
__________________
''I go out to field as if I'm entering the boxing ring and there's no place for the guy who comes second best there.''
Shakib Al Hasan, World's No.1 All-Rounder
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old October 18, 2010, 02:11 PM
shakibrulz's Avatar
shakibrulz shakibrulz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 10, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 4,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
He may not have a good test record but he is clearly way better than all of your so called pacers except Zaheer Khan!
Test cricket is reflective of how good a player actually is as you can't bash any minnows to earn free points - case in point - IceMan

And oh, if you are saying because of his averages, we have bowlers with better averages, like Ajit Agarkar, Irfan Pathan, etc. who won't even make it to our XI
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old October 18, 2010, 02:20 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,092

Well before posting a thread, you should think about you topic for a moment. Dont go opening threads just to be popular!
1. Bangladesh won the series against West Indies because all of their player walked out. It had nothing to do with Mashrafee being bad luck
2. We won against New Zealand definitely because of Sakib but also because it was a spin paradise and he was bound to do good. Not to mention, our new coaches brought dramatic changes which was the key to winning the series. It has nothing to do with Mash's injury.
You say he is a mediocre bowler. Name ONE fast bowler in the entire Bangladesh Cricket (Past, present, future) that is any better than him. Dont even name Shafi or Rubel. They got better under Pont and it is stupid to say Mash wouldn't have. It is because of Mash we see boundaries in PPs.
He is not a bad luck. He is our moral strength. He is the bowler that almost always stikes at his first spell.

Note: Mash has been on a better form in batting than Raqibul, Junaid, Mushfiq, Naeem and not to mention our bowlers.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old October 18, 2010, 02:22 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,092

Also look at his attitude!
I dunt see Sakib offering his captaincy to Mash when he comes back. But Mash is always happy to step asside. He doesn't care about the "extra Honor"
How can he be unclucky??
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old October 18, 2010, 02:28 PM
Dilwar Dilwar is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 18, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Mashrafe
Posts: 1

I just had 2 register 2day 2 protest against the tread.

Those who think Mash is overrated listen 2 dis, I 100% believe Mash will b bak and prove to those haters dat why he was da best bak in da days and even now. Just think for 2 minutes what he has done for us, and was his performance realy poor on da last series? I think bcoz of him we won the match against England.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old October 18, 2010, 02:52 PM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 10,293

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Also look at his attitude!
I dunt see Sakib offering his captaincy to Mash when he comes back. But Mash is always happy to step asside. He doesn't care about the "extra Honor"
How can he be unclucky??
Rinathq, I agree with you except one thing. You are saying you don't see Shakib offering 'his' captaincy to Mashrafi which is an ignorant comment. Shakib already said that when Mash comes back, he should be the captain. I hope you'll refrain from accusing anyone without any evidence in the future.
__________________
Don't be a blind fan, be rational
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old October 18, 2010, 02:54 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Rinathq, I agree with you except one thing. You are saying you don't see Shakib offering 'his' captaincy to Mashrafi which is an ignorant comment. Shakib already said that when Mash comes back, he should be the captain. I hope you'll refrain from accusing anyone without any evidence in the future.
I am sorry about that i was not aware of that comment.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old October 18, 2010, 02:56 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,092

On the other hand,
If Rubel can earn a spot in the team for 1-2 good performances. I assure you Mash has probably earned a parmanent spot when he is not injured and until he decides to retire. Even this year, the win against England came because of him.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old October 18, 2010, 03:11 PM
metallian's Avatar
metallian metallian is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 21, 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 407

Just to clarify a few things-

1) I opened the thread with the title of "is mashfare bad luck" because, if you think about it... for a team like bangladesh to suddenly banglawash nz came as a surprise to all of us and it happened when sakib took over the captaincy from mash as he got injured in the first match. same thing happened against WI.
2) I did not open this thread out of hatred towards mashrafe or to piss people off. Although I do believe he is out of his touch right now and he needs more practice before playing for our national team. How can he play his 100% when he is always injured? I have all the respect for mashrafe and I acknowledge what he has done for our team but I am looking out for the best interest of bangladesh cricket.
3) I didn't think everyone get so pissed off by this thread, I didn't mean to offend anyone nor I did it to gain some attention. I did it because it was an interesting stat that when he got injured in both series... we ended up whitewashing both teams. And I was also being a little sarcastic, c'mon guys, im not a medieval dude. I know my science and I don't believe in bad luck (in most cases) but I do look at the stats and I do think that a player should be rested when he is not fit or cannot perform well (it's only better for the team bc it makes a statement that it's not easy to be in the bd team, and it also encourages competitiveness).

So, If I offended you... I am sorry but try to see where i'm coming from also. If we keep giving mashrafe chances when he is out of touch then what about habibul bashar (he is the most successful bd captain thus far except maybe sakib, how about ashraful(people say he is the most talented player bd has ever produced, shahriar nafees(he was also good but when he wasn't performing well, he didn't play for our national team, and the list goes on).
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old October 18, 2010, 03:19 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,092

^^^
But there is no pattern!
I already mentioned, Bangladesh won against a West Indies A team cannot be part of any pattern!
And in this series, We haven't seen Mash bowl, so we dont know how much he gained from Ian Pont!
2. Even though he is injured a lot, he comes back and regardless of his speed, his figures have been as good as others if not better!
3. Sarcasm shouldn't go upto a level where u are opening a thread of one of the respected players with the title "bad luck"
4. We are giving Mash chances because he is using them unlike others. He has been effective while at field. Comparing Ash with Mash is near insanity. As have been out of form for years while being on the time, where Mash has been the best fast bowler ever in Bangladesh cricket.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old October 18, 2010, 03:47 PM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 13,306

There is a saying in Bangla. "Bangladesh e gunir kodor nai".. Mash is a Pioneer, a legend. His inclusion in the team should not be questioned. Its not like he has lost his form or something, he just got injured playing for our country and its a shame that we are discussing here whether he deserves a chance to be in the XI or not. He is so dedicated. Team means a lot to him.. (Mash loves rice and to get back his fitness and form he completely stopped eating rice ). Didnt you see how fast he lost all that extra lbs? He got into his best shape ever..We are lucky to get a player like him if you belive in luck... And kindly refrain from comparing Mash wish Shak. This will not make us stronger but will divide us...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket