facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old January 19, 2011, 09:21 AM
Holden's Avatar
Holden Holden is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 5, 2010
Posts: 942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-ess
I feel beyond heartbroken for Jahurul Islam Omi. Poor guy the way he got shafted out of the team over the last few series without a reason and no one hardly noticed to make it worse, those sly bcb b******* !!!! now he's not in the WC squad. instead we get Roqibul.
I don't think his strengths lie in limited overs cricket, he has had a very ordinary DPL season so far. As long as he is in the Test squad I will be happy, I think he will have a very productive career in Test cricket as long as he is given a chance.
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old January 19, 2011, 09:48 AM
dash dash is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 19, 2005
Posts: 1,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Damn, I can't believe they picked those guys Ash, Rock, Name. Can't believe BCB and Lota Kamal left out Sachin Islam, Warne Hasan and McGrath Hossain. For number seven, they could have picked Sujon Bevan, or Masud Hussey. I can understand not picking Hayden Kabir, but those 4 should have been picked.

And they left out Mash! I mean I would love to see him play wheelchair cricket.
lol! couldnt agree more
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old January 19, 2011, 10:19 AM
Kana-Baba's Avatar
Kana-Baba Kana-Baba is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 26, 2003
Location: Virginia, USA
Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash
Posts: 933

why do we need shuvo in the team? imo alok instead of shuvo
__________________
পুরান পাগল ভাত পায় না, আবার নতুন পাগলের আমদানি... সুখ নাই ৱে পাগল!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old January 19, 2011, 10:25 AM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 26,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Damn, I can't believe they picked those guys Ash, Rock, Name. Can't believe BCB and Lota Kamal left out Sachin Islam, Warne Hasan and McGrath Hossain. For number seven, they could have picked Sujon Bevan, or Masud Hussey. I can understand not picking Hayden Kabir, but those 4 should have been picked.

And they left out Mash! I mean I would love to see him play wheelchair cricket.
well said mate
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old January 19, 2011, 10:35 AM
wiseshah wiseshah is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 18, 2005
Location: newyork
Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Posts: 6,134

i think its the team everyone expected, not wanted. these guys have been playing for last 2 series. BCB never do drastic changes.shahrair nafees is in good form and ash is iconic player for BD and mash is injured, so they declared team with their inclusion.

i think, ash could solve number 7 position
but too many test type payers: kayes, junaid, rokibul, riad, naeem (he can hit but sometimes he doesnt want to), shuvo, mushfiq--wonder what the score will be?

instead of junaid/rokibul----they could take sabbir/alok to strong lower order plus extra spin

jahurul didnt even perform in DPL, so not worry abt him, he will get his chances
otherwise balanced team
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old January 19, 2011, 10:43 AM
ialbd's Avatar
ialbd ialbd is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 7, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,846

sigh.... keu Ashraful er moto kopal noye jonmay, abar keu Kapalir moto kopal niyeo jonmay.....

dont want to grill Roqibul too much (as he is in the squad now).... I hope he plays positively...
__________________
KingKortobboBimur.....
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old January 19, 2011, 10:56 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana-Baba
why do we need shuvo in the team? imo alok instead of shuvo
we cant afford to have both ash and alok in the same squad!..too much talent
__________________
I have given up on Bangladesh cricket. I refuse to forget every pain Bangladesh cricket team has brought after a win here and there
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old January 19, 2011, 11:00 AM
beshideshi's Avatar
beshideshi beshideshi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 20, 2009
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib
Posts: 3,847

I feel bad for Mashrafe, but people who are trying to read between lines and trying to find politics in this decision just disgust me, his exclusion was purely due to his injury, Jamie Siddons and the selectors said this several times that if Mash is fit, not only would he be in the team he would most likely be the captain as well.

I personally would have taken a gamble with Mashrafe, but our selectors are not newbies and have taken a sensible decision. I feel bad for Mashrafe, hope he comes back stronger than ever and keeps playing till WC 15.
__________________
GODISNOWHERE now read it again.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old January 19, 2011, 11:24 AM
MarufH's Avatar
MarufH MarufH is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 20, 2006
Location: Washington D.C., USA
Favorite Player: David Warner
Posts: 3,326

Quote:
Originally Posted by irteja
জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দল নির্বাচনে নাকি গত বছরের পারফর্মেন্স দেখা হয়েছে

গত বছর (২০১০) আসরাফুলের পারফরমেন্স দেখুন
৭/০১/২০১০ প্রতিপক্ষ ভারত............রান ২৯
৮/০১/২০১০ প্রতিপক্ষ ভারত............রান ১৩
১১/০১/২০১০ প্রতিপক্ষ ভারত............রান ০৪
০৫/০২/২০১০ প্রতিপক্ষ নিউজিল্যান্ড............ ান ০৫
০৮/০২/২০১০ প্রতিপক্ষ নিউজিল্যান্ড............ ান ০১
১১/০২/২০১০ প্রতিপক্ষ নিউজিল্যান্ড............ ান ৩১
১৬/০৬/২০১০ প্রতিপক্ষ ভারত............রান ২০
১৮/০৬/২০১০ প্রতিপক্ষ শ্রীলংকা............রান ০৯
১০/০৭/২০১০ প্রতিপক্ষ ইংল্যান্ড.........রান ১৪
১২/০৭/২০১০ প্রতিপক্ষ ইংল্যান্ড.........রান ১৩
০১/১২/২০১০ প্রতিপক্ষ জিম্বাবুয়ে.........রান ০৬
lol... joke.
__________________
Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old January 19, 2011, 11:49 AM
shakibrulz's Avatar
shakibrulz shakibrulz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 10, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 4,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Atleast you have some performance measurement for Ash, there is nothing available for Alok. So, I think Selectors have made the best choices and hasnt gampled too much.
Alok and Shabbir have bowled well if I'm not mistaken. You don't need stats to back you when you're slogging - they need to just go for it and turn their arm over for a few overs. And from what I have seen both can slog alright.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old January 19, 2011, 12:46 PM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 13,270

Did you guys really think that Ash will be out of the WC team? Come on!!! Wake up and smell the coffee . He is too big of a star to miss the WC team bus. I just hope that they make him bat at # 7 instead of # 4 ( if he gets into XI ). Really miss Mash but I think this was a good decision to drop him. He needs some time to get some strength. Cant understand what Rokib is doing there...Overall not a bad sqaud...
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old January 19, 2011, 01:02 PM
cracky's Avatar
cracky cracky is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 18, 2004
Location: San Andreas
Posts: 677

Dude, this is the best possible team we currently have. If Mashrafe is not 100% fit, he should not be playing for his own or team's good. While I agree Ashraful is in pathetic form right now, we don't have any better alternative (Raqibul is worse). Same with Nayeem and Riyad. They are good players but not playing at their best at them moment, there are no other players who deserve to take their spots. This is team that is producing good results in last 2 serieses. So we should stick with them rather than taking someone new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
*Too many deadwoods in the team-
!. Ashraful
2.Rocky
3.Nayeem
4.Riyad
*Defensive play at its best-
1.No proper number seven
2. No Mash!!!!!!
*No replacement for Mahmudullah at no 7
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old January 19, 2011, 01:22 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 17,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Damn, I can't believe they picked those guys Ash, Rock, Name. Can't believe BCB and Lota Kamal left out Sachin Islam, Warne Hasan and McGrath Hossain. For number seven, they could have picked Sujon Bevan, or Masud Hussey. I can understand not picking Hayden Kabir, but those 4 should have been picked.

And they left out Mash! I mean I would love to see him play wheelchair cricket.
haha. that was funny dude.
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old January 19, 2011, 01:35 PM
LateCut's Avatar
LateCut LateCut is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 4, 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,389

// recusive routine to select Ashraful

void SelectionProcess
{
boolian indoubt;
EndlesslyDiscuss(indoubt);
if (indoubt) {
SelectAsharful() ;
} else {
SelectionProcess();
}
RemainingRandomSelection();
return;
}
__________________
"....no victory or loss is final. They will compete again tomorrow and there will be another shot at redemption." Sambit Bal

Last edited by LateCut; January 19, 2011 at 01:46 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old January 19, 2011, 02:11 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 17,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-ess
I feel beyond heartbroken for Jahurul Islam Omi. Poor guy the way he got shafted out of the team over the last few series without a reason and no one hardly noticed to make it worse, those sly bcb b******* !!!! now he's not in the WC squad. instead we get Roqibul.
What has he done during DPL to push the selectors to even think about him? Look at SN he was left out of the ZIM series and he replied with his bat. What did Jahurul do?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old January 19, 2011, 02:13 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 24,111

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz


Kapali/Shabbir instead of Ashraful could have been nice though.
as much as i would have liked shabbir's inclusion, whats he done apart from that innings against afghanistan in garbage cricket?

and that is one more noteworthy innings than alok has played all season. alok hasn't had a single standout innings, i think he's hit 3 fifties from like 20 games with an average lower than aftab's and a strike rate lower than JO's. ashraful actually won some batting awards and is amongst the run leaders in both leagues.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old January 19, 2011, 02:21 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
What has he done during DPL to push the selectors to even think about him? Look at SN he was left out of the ZIM series and he replied with his bat. What did Jahurul do?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Exactly. His main competition was Rock and SN and while Rock was nothing great he beat him out in both domestic competitions. Same as SN. Jahurul didn't help himself out to get a spot.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old January 19, 2011, 02:58 PM
Dhakablues's Avatar
Dhakablues Dhakablues is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 25, 2004
Location: EverGreen State, USA
Favorite Player: Mashrafee
Posts: 4,280

Its not like if you perform in the DPL, you get selected automatically. It isnt that liner.. had it been that way then Junaed, Shakib, Tamim, Rubel, Razzaque, should not be in the squad.. because they are not in the top tier in terms of scoring runs or taking wickets..

For Jahurul, he is facing the same fate as Sajid, Dolar, Robin and all that 31 players we have had in the selectors tenure..Our dumbo selectors policy. If we don't groom any, I mean any wicketkeeper at all,, once Mushfiqur is in injury, we will be left with literaly no wicket keeper who has been tried in the last 3-4 years. Our beloved selectors decided to give no wicketkeeper any opportunity to be in the squad to train or keep. And later they will blame Jahirul, Pavel, Anamul, Dhiman that ' They have not been in international cricket for ......so, we decided to go with Chayid Hossain Kanon since he has experience in goal keeping"
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old January 19, 2011, 04:54 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Its not like if you perform in the DPL, you get selected automatically. It isnt that liner.. had it been that way then Junaed, Shakib, Tamim, Rubel, Razzaque, should not be in the squad.. because they are not in the top tier in terms of scoring runs or taking wickets..

For Jahurul, he is facing the same fate as Sajid, Dolar, Robin and all that 31 players we have had in the selectors tenure..Our dumbo selectors policy. If we don't groom any, I mean any wicketkeeper at all,, once Mushfiqur is in injury, we will be left with literaly no wicket keeper who has been tried in the last 3-4 years. Our beloved selectors decided to give no wicketkeeper any opportunity to be in the squad to train or keep. And later they will blame Jahirul, Pavel, Anamul, Dhiman that ' They have not been in international cricket for ......so, we decided to go with Chayid Hossain Kanon since he has experience in goal keeping"
Those players you've mentioned have at least been hitting 50's and are the top scorers I believe in the DPL. I haven't seen Jahurul hit some good knocks yet in the DPL. He's been pretty nonexistent. It's not only the DPL but he was poor in the NCL and average in the chances he got in the England tour. If he had some strong knocks then I'm sure the selectors would have given it a thought to include him.

I agree on your point about the wicketkeepers. We should've tried to groom some other wicketkeepers for the WC. I don't think Jahurul should because he's got potential to be a very good batsman and doesn't really keep in domestics even. We should've tried Dhiman though because he's got potential to be a good keeper. On top of that he could be a good lower order batsman since he hits big down the order.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old January 19, 2011, 05:31 PM
Dhakablues's Avatar
Dhakablues Dhakablues is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 25, 2004
Location: EverGreen State, USA
Favorite Player: Mashrafee
Posts: 4,280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Those players you've mentioned have at least been hitting 50's and are the top scorers I believe in the DPL. I haven't seen Jahurul hit some good knocks yet in the DPL. He's been pretty nonexistent. It's not only the DPL but he was poor in the NCL and average in the chances he got in the England tour. If he had some strong knocks then I'm sure the selectors would have given it a thought to include him.

I agree on your point about the wicketkeepers. We should've tried to groom some other wicketkeepers for the WC. I don't think Jahurul should because he's got potential to be a very good batsman and doesn't really keep in domestics even. We should've tried Dhiman though because he's got potential to be a good keeper. On top of that he could be a good lower order batsman since he hits big down the order.

Check the stats from an another thread: Thanks to Holden:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...8&postcount=50

Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old January 20, 2011, 10:19 AM
lamisa's Avatar
lamisa lamisa is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy
Posts: 6,743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Damn, I can't believe they picked those guys Ash, Rock, Name. Can't believe BCB and Lota Kamal left out Sachin Islam, Warne Hasan and McGrath Hossain. For number seven, they could have picked Sujon Bevan, or Masud Hussey. I can understand not picking Hayden Kabir, but those 4 should have been picked.

And they left out Mash! I mean I would love to see him play wheelchair cricket.
u are actually making some sense here!
__________________
haruk ba jituk,i am always there with BDcricket!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old January 20, 2011, 10:48 PM
Ananna's Avatar
Ananna Ananna is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 22, 2009
Location: Oregon, USA
Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim
Posts: 479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Check the stats from an another thread: Thanks to Holden:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...8&postcount=50

I wish this table included strike rate as well.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old January 20, 2011, 11:54 PM
Catskills Catskills is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 10, 2009
Posts: 438

I think this is the best we have at this moment. However I was looking forward to see Shabbir...it could have been interesting including him.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket