facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 17, 2011, 02:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
the article itself is of sub-standard and not worthy of being here...

we'll always welcome critics, but it has to be a little more than 'it was bad and I dont like it'.

Old February 17, 2011, 02:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Reposting here, from crapinfo - who i thought got it right. Praised everything in the ceremony except this!

Quote:
However, like with the good old ODIs, the opening ceremony had its middle overs. Nigam followed up his Celine Dion act from the recently-held Filmfare Awards back home in India with a self-composed song titled Rise Up For Glory, which showed that his great voice needs to be rescued, from himself. The politicians took about half an hour of valuable time, and were on the verge of inviting a streaker. The crowd mimicked and made fun of one of them, another speaker gave two different figures for Bangladesh's population in half a minute, and ICC chief Sharad Pawar tried to speak Bangla but no one could make out a word of what he said.
Old February 17, 2011, 03:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
did anyone else get goosebumps when Shakib entered the ground?
sure...also the national anthem (along with the emotion flowing in the stadium and in living room in front of TV) brought tears on my eyes...I had to hide them from my wifey though :P
Old February 17, 2011, 03:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Especially the one from sports minister...that was awful. His appearance seemed totally unnecessary to me. But heck it was a great ceremony all through out. We can forgive that little things . Glued to the tv box starting at 5:30 am in the morning, and when it finished I realized that it was past my office time :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
From CrapInfo - though, they're right on the money here.
Old February 17, 2011, 04:09 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I got goosebumps when I saw Shakib rickshawed in. I did not when the anthem was playing. That was not a good exhibition of the song. How come we don't sing it like rest of the world does? One singer, singing the whole song, in his/her own fashion. It's always in groups and always in same original tune.

I only get goosebumps from it when I hear the instrumental of it. Damn it. I am getting it right now, as I listen to it.
Old February 17, 2011, 05:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Deliscoop - are you sure those goosies when Sakib was rickshawed in wasn't the effect of something else?
Old February 17, 2011, 05:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I got goosebumps when I saw Shakib rickshawed in. I did not when the anthem was playing. That was not a good exhibition of the song. How come we don't sing it like rest of the world does? One singer, singing the whole song, in his/her own fashion. It's always in groups and always in same original tune.
I thought the anthem a perfect start to the ceremony - the elegance and simplicity it was done with showed tremendous class on our part. Its been a long-time tradition for Chhayanat artists to perform the anthem at major events in the country, and they do a great job every single time.

Maybe your western influence doesn't allow u to relate or respect the way we have been able to successfully maintain the original feel of our anthem. Thankfully we never have anyone mindlessly scream their lungs out, like it happens so often in the western world. I'm proud of the way we render it.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old February 17, 2011, 05:47 PM
Cricket Guru

^^+ We don't pull off a Christina Aguilera in front of a super bowl crowd!
Old February 17, 2011, 06:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:

I only get goosebumps from it when I hear the instrumental of it. Damn it. I am getting it right now, as I listen to it.
I differ on this. I did get goosebumps on the national anthems. I prefer them when its sung like this with a choir. In my opinion it sounds better than when only one person sings it. Plus it more likely hides any mistakes that may happen
Old February 17, 2011, 06:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

That version has no words though, is it a shortened version, because I only know what they were singing at the ceremony.
Old February 18, 2011, 12:06 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:

you are alwaz negative..
Old February 18, 2011, 01:31 AM
Cricket Legend

i agree with dilscoop. the orchestral version , particularly the official one or the Japanese philharmonic versions are so much more inspiring, the plain monotone singing is good for school functions but not for an opening ceremony of a world cup.
That apart, the whole ceremony was much better than expected and gave a wonderful impression of Bangladesh
Old February 18, 2011, 01:57 AM
Cricket Guru

what lovely pics So wish I was in Bangladesh atm.....