facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 19, 2011, 06:07 AM
jahidus200 jahidus200 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 2, 2007
Location: usa
Favorite Player: tamim,sakib,riad,rajib
Posts: 519
Default time for the truth or not ?

atleast now siddons should leave respectively before its just gets too worst for him , and most off all bangladesh board should do first is fired the selector rafiqul alam , because of him and siddons Masraffie couldnt play who is bangladesh match winner for every game , and their should be no way musfiq should be in the team too jahurul should replace him , i heard that roqibul is mostofa kamal cousin if that true he should never picked again for the national team beacuse he dont deserve to be in the team with his por performance , i believe if bangladesh wants to do any good against australia than they must bring alok kopali , aftab ahmed , mortaza , and jahurul in the palace off musfiq , shuvo , nazmul , and naeem islam . that will give us big boost too atleats do somethings against australia
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old March 19, 2011, 06:11 AM
Abirz's Avatar
Abirz Abirz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 11, 2008
Location: 'Straya
Favorite Player: Baz
Posts: 2,750

I agree with Kapali part, but not too sure about Aftab Ahmed, also Nazmul should've been given a game and Mashrafee case was a dumb mistake...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 19, 2011, 06:15 AM
firstlane firstlane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 8, 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,838

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahidus200
i heard that roqibul is mostofa kamal cousin
He didn't need to retire if that was true.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 19, 2011, 06:31 AM
amar11432 amar11432 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: January 7, 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 2,970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
I agree with Kapali part, but not too sure about Aftab Ahmed, also Nazmul should've been given a game and Mashrafee case was a dumb mistake...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Mashrafee??? You guys want him to play from a wheelchair? He is injured thus he was left out.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 19, 2011, 06:37 AM
Abirz's Avatar
Abirz Abirz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 11, 2008
Location: 'Straya
Favorite Player: Baz
Posts: 2,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
Mashrafee??? You guys want him to play from a wheelchair? He is injured thus he was left out.
He recovered fully and was ready to play if someone got injured

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 19, 2011, 06:49 AM
firstlane firstlane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 8, 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,838

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
Mashrafee??? You guys want him to play from a wheelchair? He is injured thus he was left out.
wondering if Mash will undergo the surgery on his knee now? any news?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 19, 2011, 07:30 AM
Baundule's Avatar
Baundule Baundule is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 5, 2004
Favorite Player: Lara
Posts: 5,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
Mashrafee??? You guys want him to play from a wheelchair? He is injured thus he was left out.
I heard that Mashrafe played a Mohameddan-Abahoni match two weeks before the start of the world cup. Special wheelchair was bought for him by Abahoni. However, the ICC did not allow him to use wheelchair in the world cup matches. Afterwards, they let Mike Hussey play using wheelchair. We must file a complain to the ICC against the ICC.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 20, 2011, 01:34 AM
reyme's Avatar
reyme reyme is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 19, 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Favorite Player: Umpires!
Posts: 3,919

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahidus200
atleast now siddons should leave respectively before its just gets too worst for him , and most off all bangladesh board should do first is fired the selector rafiqul alam , because of him and siddons Masraffie couldnt play who is bangladesh match winner for every game , and their should be no way musfiq should be in the team too jahurul should replace him , i heard that roqibul is mostofa kamal cousin if that true he should never picked again for the national team beacuse he dont deserve to be in the team with his por performance , i believe if bangladesh wants to do any good against australia than they must bring alok kopali , aftab ahmed , mortaza , and jahurul in the palace off musfiq , shuvo , nazmul , and naeem islam . that will give us big boost too atleats do somethings against australia
Well I am now seriously tired of hearing about this Alok Kapali story. Are you kidding me? He will be a match winner?

Jahidus, do you know Alok/Aftab/Jahurul all performed very poorly and pretty much failed in domestic cricket? Do you even know the stats? Alok has been poor for last 2 years and he did not have a century in any level of cricket for last 2+ years. Rakib/Mushfiq/Nayeem/Riyad all did very well in the domestic. Mushfiq was the highest run scorer. Do you know Mashrafe is not fully fit and might need another surgery due to his recent injury? You cant just bring and replace players like this. Its not your shirt that you change everyday. Even if you get 4 of those your fav players the outcome will be same. You need to build and develop players for years and prep them for international quality. Aftab my dear friend is no international quality player, just check out his avg. He cant even last 20 balls in T20...

So next time you cry about Mashrafe, Aftab/Alok, please check out stats and their fitness status first...

PS: Jahidus you are my favorite BC member.
__________________
Golf is good, no umpire needed!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 20, 2011, 01:59 AM
prasad prasad is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Location: hindustan
Posts: 450

Quote:
PS: Jahidus you are my favorite BC member.
And your Favorite Player is Charlie Sheen....lol
__________________
brian charles lara-GOD OF CRICKET...Dwayne Smith will b taking over soon.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 20, 2011, 02:02 AM
shakibrulz's Avatar
shakibrulz shakibrulz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 10, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 4,327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
I heard that Mashrafe played a Mohameddan-Abahoni match two weeks before the start of the world cup. Special wheelchair was bought for him by Abahoni. However, the ICC did not allow him to use wheelchair in the world cup matches. Afterwards, they let Mike Hussey play using wheelchair. We must file a complain to the ICC against the ICC.
Yeah, bring him in again for what? To get injured again? Can he play 2 or 3 series in a trot without getting injured? Doesn't matter if he's Shane bond, your lead pacer should not be injury prone like Mashrafe.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old March 20, 2011, 02:17 AM
Baundule's Avatar
Baundule Baundule is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 5, 2004
Favorite Player: Lara
Posts: 5,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Yeah, bring him in again for what? To get injured again? Can he play 2 or 3 series in a trot without getting injured? Doesn't matter if he's Shane bond, your lead pacer should not be injury prone like Mashrafe.
I do not get that this is coming from you.
Any player can get injured any time, some has worse injury record than the others; but that does not mean that those players should not be selected because of the fear that they may get injured again.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old March 20, 2011, 02:48 AM
irampool's Avatar
irampool irampool is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 9, 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Tamim
Posts: 324

Useless thread.

I would request you to get some knowledge before you start coming up with ideas as such.

Alok, Aftab & Jahurul has been sucking up quite badly in the domestic, and they can't be brought back on the basis of their 3 year old performances!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old March 20, 2011, 03:10 AM
reyme's Avatar
reyme reyme is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 19, 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Favorite Player: Umpires!
Posts: 3,919

^^ Exactly. Next thing you hear, once Alok/Aftab fails, bring back Nannu, Akram, Bashar, Jahidus2000...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old March 20, 2011, 03:34 AM
shakibrulz's Avatar
shakibrulz shakibrulz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 10, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 4,327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
I do not get that this is coming from you.
Any player can get injured any time, some has worse injury record than the others; but that does not mean that those players should not be selected because of the fear that they may get injured again.
Yeah, whatever. It's not worth it, that's all. You don't want your lead pacer to get injured in the middle of a series every now and then.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old March 20, 2011, 08:40 AM
catstrophy's Avatar
catstrophy catstrophy is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 11, 2006
Location: Dallas TX
Favorite Player: AB de Villiers
Posts: 848

Agree only about Jahurul replacing Musfiq. That's all.
__________________
We are all victims, our destinies are decided by the cosmic roll of a dice, the whims of the stars and the vagrant breeze of fortune that blow from the windmills of Gods!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old March 20, 2011, 02:24 PM
BostonTigers BostonTigers is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 26, 2005
Posts: 121

Jahurul for Mushfiq definitely needs to tried out for the ODI's. I think for the moment they should use Mushfiq only in tests as both a batsman and keeper. Raqibul should be dropped and never picked again. A 23 year old retiring from cricket just because he was dropped for not performing should never be allowed into the dressing room. These kind of players can only bring further politics and disaster into the team.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old March 20, 2011, 02:30 PM
Musfique's Avatar
Musfique Musfique is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 13, 2005
Location: The Shires
Favorite Player: M'Dulla
Posts: 290

Jahurul is not even good enough to keep foor his domestic team. But he should be in team instead of Zunaid tho.

If anything groom Anamul Haque then replace Mushy.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old March 20, 2011, 02:48 PM
Trigger_Tiger's Avatar
Trigger_Tiger Trigger_Tiger is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 24, 2007
Location: Elizabeth, New Jersey
Favorite Player: Tamim, Mashrafe & Shakib!
Posts: 1,282

So it is better to have majorly underperforming and proven injury prone brittle players than having those who perform, though inconsistanlty, but fire much better as a unit more often than not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irampool
Useless thread.

I would request you to get some knowledge before you start coming up with ideas as such.

Alok, Aftab & Jahurul has been sucking up quite badly in the domestic, and they can't be brought back on the basis of their 3 year old performances!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
^^ Exactly. Next thing you hear, once Alok/Aftab fails, bring back Nannu, Akram, Bashar, Jahidus2000...
আমি এই দুইটা পস্ট পরে না হেসে আর পারলাম না।
__________________
Paro ki tumi bujhtey? Paro onubhob kortey? Ki darun anondo jagey money!
Cholo Bangladesh! Khelbey amar desh! Dekhbo amar desh!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old March 20, 2011, 03:15 PM
nura43 nura43 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 11, 2007
Posts: 384

There is nothing wrong about Mushfiq as he is improving as WK and he had a very good domestic season recently....also his techniqe is quite good. We just need a full fit Mash in the team. Alok can also be tried for a few matches. Those who r advocating for Aftab should take a good look at his stats and performance in the recent past. Jahirul had a bad season in the last domestics. But he has the potentials. We should remember that the current team is very young and they should be given more time to get matured for international level.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket