facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 27, 2011, 05:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar

coach i liked the fact that you showed that video to our cricketers before england's match to motivate them, i think we have to quality, but we lack confidence, i would like to see you motivate the bowlers as long as you stay with them, we are a passionate country, our history speaks for itself. like you showed to the boys in that video, back in 1971 we defeated pakistan and at that time they were very powerful but but shakmujiber rahman did the wonder by motivating us and we took the war to pakistan, with all my heart i do believe that we just need a coach who can make it happen, speak to the boys, i do believe that most of them do not really play with heart, if someone can just turn that switch on somehow the whole world will see what bangladesh can do, i know it will happen someday, but how long we will have to wait to see that, is the biggest question.....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I think affan has a point.

You wouldn't want to be flown in a plane by a pilot who has never flown the plane before even though he is qualified. Or have a country run by a Prime Minister who had never done that job before. I don't want soldiers defending me who had never fought in a war before. I don't want businesses run by people who are start-ups. Who wants to select national cricketers who have never played at that level before?

It all makes perfect sense doesn't it? Hmmmmm.

India did take a massive 'risk' (given your criteria affan) on Gary Kirsten as he had never been head coach of a team before. But Gary, like the rest of us with the Head Coach qualification certificate, has trained for the role. And like the pilot, you have to be able to satisfy strict criteria that you can do that job before they issue you with the new Head Coach coaching badge.

Some of us hold the award and the qualifications to do the job but never seek it. If you are questioning someone's ability to do the job that's why we have these qualifications to satisfy that argument. Whether everyone wants to be a head coach is of course another matter.