facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 24, 2011, 04:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Nahaz it was a nice post with lot of good information.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Old April 24, 2011, 04:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

I am getting off topic:
Culture of Dhaka is changing very quickly amount of people drink at night is just unimaginable.Everything happens under cover.Little come to surface.Westernization of our culture is under way in almost all sorts of issue.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 24, 2011, 04:20 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

The fact is: in conservative countries like Bangladesh, or even Saudi Arabia for that matter, things happen under cover, whereas in other parts of the world, it happens openly....nothing to be surprised about...we r nearing the end of times
Old April 24, 2011, 10:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

isnaad,kon duniyay thako? they do it ALL,and i mean ALL. think of anything western and against our religion, they do it. maybe not drugs, but onek kisui kore.
Old April 24, 2011, 07:37 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

I think we can use an idea from the Bible here: "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone" (John 8:7) There are provisions condemning gossip, libel and slander in the Holy Quran just as harshly as alcohol/drug consumption, yet some people in this forum (and in our country at large) enjoy engaging in it from their moral high horse.

So how about we avoid smug moralizing or passing character judgements? There's limited substantive evidence about this anyway and unless they've turned into alcoholics or late-night-bingers-before-matchday ala Freddie Flintoff, we shouldn't concern ourselves with what they do in their own time.
Old April 24, 2011, 11:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
I think we can use an idea from the Bible here: "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone" (John 8:7) There are provisions condemning gossip, libel and slander in the Holy Quran just as harshly as alcohol/drug consumption, yet some people in this forum (and in our country at large) enjoy engaging in it from their moral high horse.

So how about we avoid smug moralizing or passing character judgements? There's limited substantive evidence about this anyway and unless they've turned into alcoholics or late-night-bingers-before-matchday ala Freddie Flintoff, we shouldn't concern ourselves with what they do in their own time.
Well, I actually partially agree with you. Not wholly. I respect your comment regarding the fact that we shouldn't pass any comments regarding a player's character if we aren't 100 percent sure. In fact, my previous posts refer to that point.
But we should concern ourselves to what they do in their personal time because you have to understand that they are representing the whole country and so, if any action of theirs can or may hamper their gameplay, then we must look into it. I mean, we are all in this forum to discuss about Bangladeshi cricket. So, 'We care'.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 25, 2011, 12:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
isnaad,kon duniyay thako? they do it ALL,and i mean ALL. think of anything western and against our religion, they do it. maybe not drugs, but onek kisui kore.
Does your 'they club' include Sohrawardi Shuvo?
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 25, 2011, 12:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
Bhai, rather than relate the drinking to religion and morality, try relating to cricket. Their personal life is after all personal. So here's my cricketing argument against their lifestyle:

Smoking reduces lung capacity manyfold. Climbing a five-story building is like a 10km hike. It would be immensely STUPID for a cricketer to smoke, especially if he is playing in a national team. There are better ways of having a bad boy image. Here in Sydney, people who smoke get scorned by family and friend. No because of "adob", but because its bad for your health. Many girls wouldn't date a smoker. If a cricekter is smoking 40 a day, he must have mental issues relating to stress. Or he is just plain stupid.

Drinking would be a moral issue for many here. However, let's keep this to cricket. Australia has a booze culture. However, even here a first class cricketer ( or any other athlete) would not drink in the 24 hours or so before a game. If you drink, you are likely to dehydrate, and get cramps when you are running. Your body is also under stress, and you are likely to get sick more easily. Drinking can also screw up your sleeping pattern.

Staying up late is another crime our players are heard to commit. Whether innocent or not, players should go to bed and get up on time, especially in the two nights leading up to the game. Else the body would not be able to function at its best.

The deshi diet is also an a habit our players need to get out of, but I can sympathecise here a little. A little bit of deshi khabar is allright (in consultation with their nutritionist), but the mejban, biriyani and bhuna khichuri at night is not acceptable. If boys in the street can stick to their protein shakes, why can our professional cricketers not stick close to their diet?

We do not need a slogger, or a 160kph bowler. We need to utilise what we already have, and be more disciplined. Excuses at this level do not cut it.
God! Brilliant post man....See you around! =)