facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 29, 2011, 05:11 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I have a question. If someone goes to the airport with a sign or a jutar mala use it as a symbol of frustration/anger and stand peacefully without vandalizing anything would it be still considered as breaking some sort of law? We are a democracy right? so shouldn't we have freedom of speech/expression?

Old August 29, 2011, 08:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

^^ no problem with that unless you have no idea what cricket is about and you are there because some one paid you to do so...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old August 29, 2011, 03:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

^^I believe it was a conspiracy too, they were paid by some one.
Old August 30, 2011, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^then it's definitely not good! but if genuine fans just want to show a gesture, then it's ok, IMO
Old August 30, 2011, 10:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

actually what is suspicious is that ,they (fans) were not supposed to know abt the arrival time.
Old August 30, 2011, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Yeah that's very fishy...if they were ordinary fans...they would have protested outside the BCB office....not in the airport...in the middle of the ight....exactly before the players are about to land.....
Old August 30, 2011, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

^^^ why? it was in the papers
Old August 30, 2011, 10:51 AM
Cricket Legend

that they are landing in midnight? The exact time? I don't think so....
Old August 31, 2011, 02:52 AM
Cricket Legend

yes, it was given in new age, i think. plus it's not too difficult to find out flight schedules, u know
Old August 31, 2011, 06:28 AM
Cricket Legend

ah well, maybe, if that's the case....then BCB is over-reacting I guess.....or maybe it's an excuse in front of the media..
Old September 1, 2011, 03:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Keegan meth is doing fine:

Quote:
Fast bowler Keegan Meth, who was hit on flush on the mouth in his follow-through during the final one-dayer against Bangladesh, losing three teeth and suffering lacerated lips, could be facing a three-month wait for the bones in his jaw to heal before undergoing reconstructive surgery. Meth, though, will be looking to make a comeback as quickly as possible for his franchise Matabeleland Tuskers, with the domestic season beginning on September 24. Meth was spotted in the Zimbabwe dressing room during the first day of the Pakistan Test.

"Keegan come down to Bulawayo for a weekend visit. He still has stitches on his lower and upper lips," Machikicho said. "He is now eating solids again [Meth was restricted to ground food since the accident] and is going to resume physical training in the form of aerobics and strength reconditioning. We will find out next week if the orthodontistry will start or not."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe...ry/530782.html
Old September 1, 2011, 03:47 PM
Cricket Sage

"Meth was restricted to ground food since the accident"

What is "ground Food"? Can he eat lassi Shemai ?
Old September 2, 2011, 11:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Ground, as in ground to a pulp
Old September 2, 2011, 09:41 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Tamim's Towering Sixes

"It’s a fact that the matches that we now play against Zimbabwe doesn’t bring us much credit if the results stay positive. But if not, there is no end to criticism and honestly there is no one else to blame as it is ‘us’ who is responsible for our own image.

There was a time when Bangladesh used to struggle against the Zims but for the last six years things have been different. As the wins became more convincing and frequent, the celebrations went mild and it is expected.

But this recent African safari lacked a lot and if I try to mention all of them it will become a huge list. Firstly, we lacked preparation which was known to all well before we started for Zimbabwe.

The batting practise could have kicked off a little earlier or it would have been of some help if we had another practise match to play in Zimbabwe. But still, I think BCB have done their best and personally I have no complaints. At the same time I will say, as a team we couldn’t perform the way we should have in the longer version or in the ODIs. I confess the lack of practise but still but we should have done better.

We all knew what the reactions would be like in case of a defeat. We knew that things would not be light to handle. But, the cricketers are humans as well and all we expected were a little more compassion in the time of our need. If media wanted, they could have made a big difference but I have no complaints as they were doing their job.

I think the whole team knew what was on their way as every one expects us to bag wins at least against Zimbabwe and somehow if we ever failed to do so. But sometimes when things are not going right, I think the team should get some support which I am afraid, we didn’t get.

This time we got to see more off field stories which I feel could have been controlled. If you consider the other teams, doesn’t matter how bad they perform they get at least some support which not only helps them to be strong but also works as inspiration.

Take a look at how badly things went for India in England this time and how they were criticised. But a couple of days ago in one of the Indian channels I got to see a promo that was actually gave a message to team India that the nationa were still behind them.

Regarding the accusations of feuds within the team, I do not know how to explain this. I have been a member of the team for last five-six years and so far I have always found the perfect chemistry in the team. We are not a team of superstars and well established players. We are still trying to find our feet. Therefore the suggestion of grouping is ridiculous.

I believe that we are all one and playing for the team and the nationa or else why Mushfiq (Mushfiqur Rahim) did not celebrate his maiden century? Is not it because his team was still in a critical situation at that moment?

Apart from all the more serious issues, it’s now time to celebrate the Eid-Ul-Fitr and hope that the coming days would be kind to us and the team as well. I wish a happy Eid for everyone."

Courtesy: The Daily Sun.
Source
Old September 2, 2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf

But we deserved better from you guys.
Well, I do NOT blame Zim Cricket at all. I understand BCB is much less powerful than BCCI, but unable to deal with Zimbabwe Cricket? This is indeed shocking.
Old September 3, 2011, 05:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Sakib, Tamim’s manner under BCB scrutiny

Font size:
Staff Correspondent
The conduct of Bangladesh skipper Sakib al Hasan and his deputy Tamim Iqbal towards team officials during the team’s shambolic tour of Zimbabwe will be thoroughly scrutinised in the Bangladesh Cricket Board’s executive directors meeting tomorrow.
Bangladesh lost the one-off Test match to Zimbabwe by 130 runs before succumbing to a 2-3 ODI series defeat against the hosts for the first time in six years.
The outcome naturally sparked an uproar back home as media reports cited an internal feud as the root cause of the side’s sub-standard performances in Africa.
After the series, the team’s head of delegation, coach, manager and touring selector were asked to submit their reports and the chief executive officer of the board Manzur Ahmed has already received the report of Stuart Law.
‘We have already received coach Stuart Law’s report. After reviewing the reports of the recently concluded Zimbabwe tour, we will make a strategic plan to implement a future course of action in our next board meeting,’ Manzur Ahmed told reporters at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium.
Sources say that the team’s head of delegation Shafiqur Rahman Munna has severely criticised the conduct of Sakib al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal in his yet to be submitted report.
Sakib has been accused of unduly imposing his authority to influence the make up of the playing the eleven without consulting tour management committe. Sakib along with a few other players allegedly contrived to isolate Munna and touring selector Habibul Bashar from the squad, saying that their presence in the dressing room made the players feel uncomfortable.
It was thought to constitute an objectionable course of conduct and the report suggests that the board remind the players of their limits.
Sakib’s body language on the field has also been questioned on several occasions while many have cast doubts over his credentials to lead the side due to his introvert personality.
Tamim has also come under fire for his startling remark over Brian Vitori, who he dubbed an ‘ordinary bowler’ after the left-arm seamer bagged a four-wicket haul on debut in the first innings of the Test.
Tamim was also reportedly embroiled in a heated exchange with coach Stuart Law after the loss in the first warm up match of the tour regarding practice sessions.
The alleged misdemeanour of Sohrawardy Shuvo who reportedly showed his middle finger to Chawa, a woman logistics officer, because of some delay in the parking will also be scrutinised at the meeting.
It is said that the head of delegation had to apologise for the player’s indecent gesture which is thought to have tarnished the image of the country there.
The issue of grooming young players, the activities of Bangladesh A team and the high performance unit, wickets and developing infrastructure of national cricket league will also be discussed at the meeting along with the annual budget that is expected to be submitted for the next fiscal year.

Link
http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/31951.html