facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Captain & Vice Captain?-
Mushfique & Nafees 26 32.50%
Mushfique & Riyad 35 43.75%
Nafees & Riyad 4 5.00%
Other(Please mention) 15 18.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 7, 2011, 05:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
So, I think Mushy is closer to becoming captain since now Riyadh is demoted to A-team..
BCB cup
Not necessarily, it might be because they want to try out both Mushy and Riyad. Since it's only possible for one of them to captain the national team therefore they decided to put one them in A team and the other will remain with the national team for this tournament.

Old September 7, 2011, 06:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Not necessarily, it might be because they want to try out both Mushy and Riyad. Since it's only possible for one of them to captain the national team therefore they decided to put one them in A team and the other will remain with the national team for this tournament.
Agree, I also think so. But I will not like to see Mullah any where near leadership. He is already confused with his performance. He is so lousy, lost and lathergic on field. I might have to buy a radio to follow cricket. seriously, watching him as captain/vice will be an instant turn off for me. Sorry shobha, can't help

Last edited by BANFAN; September 8, 2011 at 03:39 AM..
Old September 7, 2011, 08:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Riyad is captain of Abahani and his scores in the last domestic league is unquestionable. Regarding whether he is a selish player or a player who is not competent enough to be a ODI match-winner can be up for debate but his econ rate or ODI averages is amongst top 4 players of the national team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
And he strike rate is higher than that of Mushy, Imrul, Junaid and Raqibul.
So, thats his eligibility to become a leader?
Old September 7, 2011, 09:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Bechara Rahim, I feel sorry for him.

Not only he will have to deal with Sakib and Tamim issue, this team will most likely be overloaded with more than one experienced dead woods.

A recipe for failure for a new captain.
Old September 7, 2011, 09:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Mushy and Shafiul
Old September 7, 2011, 11:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

lets look at the various saviors we are clutching at.

Ashraful: with his performance on and off the field, its better he stays 1 mile away from any kind of leadership role. if possible, it will be nice if he can stay 1 mile away from the team also. :p

Mashrafe: shud have been the choice, but has a permanent cabin at the hospital these days. people have accepted the fact that he will never be a permanent fixture in the squad. hope I am dead wrong, but I don't see how.

so leaving these guys behind who else? No to Nafees, as he has been aweful with the bat lately. his place is not certain in the squad.

how about Razzak? same, not too good with the ball, and horrible test bowler.

how about Raqibul? not in the squad!!!!!

so Mushfiqur remains the only logical and emotional choice. and Riyad should be his deputy.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old September 7, 2011, 11:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

We need Ashraful as the captain. He is the only one who could balance BCB and dead woods. It is the team which glorifies Ash (twice in life time performace), Mash (who does not have a 5er in test yet), Rock (I would not call him a peeble), Raj (when was his last good performace); Nafees (HB's buddy and ICL is the best thing happen to me) and all others who have not yet solidify their place in any form of the team.
Sakib should migrate to Australia. They need a spinner badly. After five years waiting period he would be more matured and easily get himself in no 7 position of Aus team. For Tamim it might be difficult. But he could also try to migrate in Australia or Ireland. Mushy should refuse captaincy because BD is not place for performers. I think Loitta has his revenge because Sakib spoke out for his bad managment; Tamim join to Modons (I am a Abahoni supporter)
Old September 8, 2011, 01:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

Okay, alok is again in the nat-xi. If he can turn out as a regular face after 2/3 series, i suggest SN as cap, Alok as VC. Atleast 2 seniors to control the bunch and maintain discipline...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old September 8, 2011, 03:20 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

shafiul for vc??..aye aye aye
Old September 8, 2011, 04:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

just while ago Ten Cricket sports news channel quick news said that Rahim is going to fill up the skipper position.. don't know how reliable is that !!
Old September 8, 2011, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i agree with nobody!
Old September 8, 2011, 10:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
just while ago Ten Cricket sports news channel quick news said that Rahim is going to fill up the skipper position.. don't know how reliable is that !!
They are getting the news from the same sources as we do and there is not much reason for it not to be true since there is no other viable option beside Mushy.
Old September 8, 2011, 12:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

It wouldnt matter whether it is Mushfiqur, Riad or Nafees becomes the captain,, they are all well qualified to be captains by their own merit and past domestic experiences. And they will do well with a squad that has a good mixture of players.

Honestly, on the field... other than Shakib, most of our captains has been pretty mundane and auto-pilot-ly predictable. They will go for conservative, defensive route,,, go with whatever they have seen other 'Senior's' have done. Shakib was bold enough to challenge the norms to a degree that we would get upset when he would go defensive and why he wouldnt take powerplay earlier.. But he was young and needed that 'leadership' quality to people manage a lowly ranked team in international stage.

I earnestly hoped that Shakib would mature as a leader and become an 'iconic' captain of Bangladesh as he has been a player I personally saw rising from his U-17 days..Sadly it didnt happen. We will have to be satisified with him being an icon player instead. Perhaps, that will allow the team to get more out of his all round capabilities..
Old September 17, 2011, 12:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

watched B.vision news where Pilot said he thinks Mushy is the right person to lead BD & JAved Omar said SN is his choice.
Old September 18, 2011, 10:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^ sn?