facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 17, 2011, 02:10 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan
Thumbs up 'Sacking outright is not right' --- Enayet Hossain Siraj, BCB director

DS reports:

It was not Shakib (Al Hasan), rather Bangladesh cricket is the loser. The comment was made by none other than Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) director Enayet Hossain Siraj, who is also the chairman of cricket operations committee, while giving his reaction yesterday over the sacking of the national team captain and his deputy Tamim Iqbal.
"You can hire a coach or other supporting staff, but you can't hire a captain, so you have to be careful in this regard. Once we had axed some senior players at a time and still we have been compensating for that. For every wrongdoing you have to pay heavily," said Siraj, who was absent from the board meeting in which the decisions were taken and only returned home on Friday after a business trip.
"The board has every right to take any decision and we have to accept it, but only time can say how good the decision was," added Siraj while talking with to The Daily Star Sport over telephone.
It was the first time that a board high-up publicly expressed his reservations about the merit of the board's decision.
Questions have already been raised about the manner of the decision, branded as 'whimsical' in many quarters, and many have pointed the finger of blame at the inefficiency of the cricket operations committee for their failure in handling some issues properly, but Siraj had his own views regarding the issue.
"Even a person condemned to death gets the opportunity to defend himself. My question is, was Shakib given this opportunity? I don't think so. There is a code of conduct for the contracted players and you have to first see whether they breach it or not before taking any disciplinary action. And without any hearing you can't reach a final decision," said Siraj.
He also underlined the difference between 'discipline problem' and 'attitude problem'.
"A lot of questions have been raised but I think Stuart Law cleared the air. It's better not to say anything more regarding this disciplinary or attitude problem issues," he added.
Though many believe that taking such a crucial decision without consultation with the cricket operations chairman or his committee is an insult to him, Siraj said that he has no ill feelings as he believed that it was nothing personal.
"There is nothing personal, so why should I feel insulted by the decision which was taken in the highest forum of any organization? The duty of the cricket operations committee is to keep the cricket in the right direction and if you think it has failed to do so you can take any decision," said Siraj.
Siraj also dismissed the notion that he deliberately skipped the last board meeting. "You know we have our own business commitments, so it's sometimes difficult for us to attend a meeting when the schedule is changed. You see the next meeting was scheduled for September 19 but now it will take place on September 20, so how would it be possible for me to attend the meeting if there is a prior appointment on that day?" explained Siraj.
The influential board director however ensured that he will attend the next board meeting and give his opinion regarding the issue.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=202925

Old September 17, 2011, 02:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Surprise Surprise! some sane people still exist in BCB and making sense! And its becoming more evident that the biased decision was taken dramatically without full assessment of important other persons like Head coach & BCB director. Hats off to Mr. Siraj for coming ahead & telling the truth !
Old September 17, 2011, 03:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Why he was not in that all important meeting? My assumption, he knew the outcome before the meeting and decided to stay away; only to make matter worse he is voicing now.

There is no excuse not to attend board meeting; that is what you are paid for. When you work for public system, you accept everything or get out of the way. You scumbag.
Old September 17, 2011, 03:10 PM
First Class Cricketer

Hashi ashtese...ei sei siraj jini ager selectorder shathe bohu tamsha korsen...akhon vab nia lav ny...shakib was good performer when he was captain that's the only good thing..otherwise he sucked a big time as captain...valo decision hotat e nite hoy...anek to chance dea hoisilo shakib k kin2 he just failed to control the team..jokhon keu valo captaincy kore ekta manusho take disrespect korbena..koi india whitewashed hoilo dhoni k to keu blame daina...shoby eitai bujhena j valo performer shey j valo captain e hobe eita unrealistic..buzz off mr.Shiraj.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old September 17, 2011, 03:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

acca P.Alo r dailystar k ki shakib poisha khawaise??? Era chhara keu ''Nishpap'' shakib!! K support e kortesena...utpol shuvro sheidin boltesilo 'ki dosh cilo shakiber??' acca middle finger dekhano kono dosh na! Fan er dike tere jawa dosh na! X player der k beijjoti kora dosh na! Teammate der rekhe dinner kora dosh na! Mathe player der upor cillacilli kora dosh na! R koto bolbo?

Old September 17, 2011, 07:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Not surprised at all.

It was coming since Mr. Siraj had clash with Mr. Loitta and other directors. Whatever he said makes sense perfectly but his intention is only to make Loitta & Co decision look bad, not defending Shakib. Mr. Siraj is a chammak challo....don't fall for his words.
Old September 17, 2011, 08:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun petr
acca P.Alo r dailystar k ki shakib poisha khawaise??? Era chhara keu ''Nishpap'' shakib!! K support e kortesena...utpol shuvro sheidin boltesilo 'ki dosh cilo shakiber??' acca middle finger dekhano kono dosh na! Fan er dike tere jawa dosh na! X player der k beijjoti kora dosh na! Teammate der rekhe dinner kora dosh na! Mathe player der upor cillacilli kora dosh na! R koto bolbo?

This might come as a huge surprise to you, but no one in this world is perfect!! Didn't see that coming, did you? Yes, Shakib did go out of the line a couple of times, but show me a person who demands captaincy more than Shakib and I will shut up. Shakib has by far the best captaincy record for Bangladesh, his batting, bowling improves drastically when he is the captain, Bangladesh has had some of their most memorable moments under him.

And about Shakib showing middle finger, if you ever saw a football game you would see how much are said to the players and how the players talk back at times. And about ex players, Shakib did the 'wrong' thing by stating the fact, we in Bangladesh want everything sugar coated, but the truth is we were worse than most associates even in 2004-5, unless we accept that we are going nowhere. And having dinner alone is a massively big crime, I am surprised he was not banned from the country yet, and if you have ever seen a professional[or amateur] sports game, you would realize shouting at your team mates are a very, very common thing. It's just part of a sportman's life.
Old September 17, 2011, 10:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

well, he was the world's best for more than 2 yrs..
Old September 17, 2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:

Any fan with a bit of cricket knowledge will acknowledge that Shakib was a good captain if not the best. Though, he has all the potential to be among the best IMHO.
Old September 17, 2011, 11:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al-hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahms
Why he was not in that all important meeting? My assumption, he knew the outcome before the meeting and decided to stay away; only to make matter worse he is voicing now.

There is no excuse not to attend board meeting; that is what you are paid for. When you work for public system, you accept everything or get out of the way. You scumbag.
He was out of the country for his business commitment. Above all, BCB didn't even bother to wait for the coach to return from his vacation. When our coach returned, things got clear as he was the one who asked the head of delegation along with a selector to leave player's lounge. It was a personal vendetta for some of those moron directors controlling the future of BD cricket.
Old September 18, 2011, 09:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

chance e chance e mere dilo loittare ekta lathi!
Old September 19, 2011, 12:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:

Middle finger dekhano - ha eita oboshshoi dosh. That's Shakib's only major slip as a player & captain. He should've been heavily fined and/or suspended for a couple of games for that.
Fan er dike tere jawa - now you are sounding like Kaler kontho & Bangla Vision. Bangla vision e na shakib er innocent ekta joke ke baje spin disilo? Ei fan er dike tere jawar context ta mone ase? Oi 'FAN(?)' sight screen er shamne darai chhilo. Shakib first e umpire ke bolse, umpire besh koibar boleo shoraite pare nai idiot ta k. Shakib and his partner were batting in a crucial stage of the game. Erpor oi idiot er dike giye shorte bolata k 'Fan er dike tere jawa' bolle bujhte hobe bolar intention Bangla Vision er motoi. Eita dosher moddhe to porei na, ami eitake or goon bolei mone hoi. It showed me that he was really serious about the game and would not tolerate any sort of distraction.

Ex player der beijjot kora - kisu ex player shomane ulta-palta kotha jemon doley grouping ase (jaar kono proman nai) bole shakib ke beijjot kore jabe, r shakib er chup chap shunte hobe? Oigular reply dile dosh? Mittha r opoprochar er against e kotha bolata dosh na, again ekta goon in my book.
Team mate der rekhe dinner kora - lolz. Are you listening to yourself?
Mathe player der upor chilla chilli kora - Beshideshi already eita answer korse. Have you have noticed what the goal keepers do in soccer? It's part of Shakib's job. Dorkar hoile chillaite hobe, dorkar hoile chuma dite hobe.
You were questioning whether PA and DS sports departments are on Shakib's payroll, but looking at how you made issues out of nothing i was wondering if you were on Kaler Kontho's or Shafiqur Rahman Munna's payroll?
Old September 19, 2011, 03:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
Middle finger dekhano - ha eita oboshshoi dosh. That's Shakib's only major slip as a player & captain. He should've been heavily fined and/or suspended for a couple of games for that.
Fan er dike tere jawa - now you are sounding like Kaler kontho & Bangla Vision. Bangla vision e na shakib er innocent ekta joke ke baje spin disilo? Ei fan er dike tere jawar context ta mone ase? Oi 'FAN(?)' sight screen er shamne darai chhilo. Shakib first e umpire ke bolse, umpire besh koibar boleo shoraite pare nai idiot ta k. Shakib and his partner were batting in a crucial stage of the game. Erpor oi idiot er dike giye shorte bolata k 'Fan er dike tere jawa' bolle bujhte hobe bolar intention Bangla Vision er motoi. Eita dosher moddhe to porei na, ami eitake or goon bolei mone hoi. It showed me that he was really serious about the game and would not tolerate any sort of distraction.

Ex player der beijjot kora - kisu ex player shomane ulta-palta kotha jemon doley grouping ase (jaar kono proman nai) bole shakib ke beijjot kore jabe, r shakib er chup chap shunte hobe? Oigular reply dile dosh? Mittha r opoprochar er against e kotha bolata dosh na, again ekta goon in my book.
Mathe player der upor chilla chilli kora - Beshideshi already eita answer korse. Have you have noticed what the goal keepers do in soccer? It's part of Shakib's job. Dorkar hoile chillaite hobe, dorkar hoile chuma dite hobe.
You were questioning whether PA and DS sports departments are on Shakib's payroll, but looking at how you made issues out of nothing i was wondering if you were on Kaler Kontho's or Shafiqur Rahman Munna's payroll?
Well said.
Old September 19, 2011, 04:10 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

A lot things are being said about Shakib and his qualities as a captain.
What kind of qualities should a captain possess?

In my opinion these are the following qualities I would look for in a Captain:
i) Ability to lead through Performance
ii) Enough Cricketing knowledge and experience to make tactical decisions
iii) Very good in Man Management
iv) A strong personality that can absorb pressure and deflect criticism away from team
v) A person with a reputation of being unbiased and honest towards the interest of the country

Frankly I think Shakib was a hit and miss when it comes to all these qualities. Did he have the ability to lead with performance? The answer would be an emphatic YES. Was he good tactically? he won us quite a few close games but also made quite a few mind numbing decisions. Was he very good in man management? If you take into account all the gossips and drama surrounding Ash, mash, rockibul etc... then I would have to say no. Did he have a strong personality? Yes he did but at the same time he was prone to blaming his own team mates which a captain does not do. Has he been unbiased in selection and honest in his commitment? well I can't say for certain that he has at least in the recent past.

So overall I feel Shakib the performing player is a much more valuable asset than Shakib the captain. Lets hope that with the pressure and spot light away from him... he can now focus more on his primary tasks and shine for Bangladesh
Old September 19, 2011, 07:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Moorkho BCB and Moorkho chagols following them....Shakib Al Hasan is just too good of an athlete for these fools!
Old September 19, 2011, 07:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man

lol..bro thts a big ...vai jei deshe dr yunus er moto world icon er kono damnai (i dont care how he earns his money) sei deshe Shakib er ki kono bel ase? Anyway Shane Warne jotoi meyebaji koruk or habijabi akam kukam koruk he is always loved here as warney...people doesnt care what he does, because he is an aussie icon. r shakiber belai amra bangalira boli he is a beyadob...
Old September 19, 2011, 08:41 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

^^ Lol..bhalo bolchen..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old September 19, 2011, 07:48 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
chance e chance e mere dilo loittare ekta lathi!
বর্তমান বিসিবি কর্মকর্তারা এ বিষয়ে ওস্তাদ। This is their bread-and-butter.
Old September 19, 2011, 10:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

payroll e achhe mone hoy..
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old September 20, 2011, 09:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
lol..bro thts a big ...vai jei deshe dr yunus er moto world icon er kono damnai (i dont care how he earns his money) sei deshe Shakib er ki kono bel ase? Anyway Shane Warne jotoi meyebaji koruk or habijabi akam kukam koruk he is always loved here as warney...people doesnt care what he does, because he is an aussie icon. r shakiber belai amra bangalira boli he is a beyadob...
Exactly..
Old September 21, 2011, 07:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
Even though I don't agree with shakib's sacking your point is not right here. because of his akam kukam warne never became captain... so yes by your logic we can love shakib but he should not be a captain?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled