facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 24, 2011, 07:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

These are my three best possible options in 3 categories:

T20
Tamim
Junaed
Naeem
Ash
Mushy
Shakib
Riyad
Elias Sunny
Nasir
Alauddin Babu
Rubel

ODI

Tamim
Imrul
Nafees
Ash
Mushy
Shakib
Riyad
Shuvo/Rasel
Naeem
Rubel
Nazmul

Test

Tamim
Imrul
Nafees
Ash
Mushy
Shakib
Riyad
Naeem
Razzak
Rubel
Shafiul

Extra pace bowler instead of spinner could be better option in ODI as there will be 2 new ball operating from both ends.

Old September 24, 2011, 07:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
offie is a right arm bowler so the ball will tend to spin away from a right hand batsman and a sla is left arm bowler so the ball will spin away from a left hand bat
Sorry, but have to correct you. Offie, like you said, is a right arm off-spin bowler. They would usually bowl outside off-stump and then the ball spins towards the batsmen (Murali). SLA is slow left arm bowler, that is, a left arm spin bowler. SLA Orthodox means they spin from leg-stump to off-stump of a right hand batsman (a left handed leg-spinner), eg Shakib. SLA Unorthodox means they spin from off to leg, basically a left arm cousin of a right arm off-spinner.
Old September 25, 2011, 02:22 AM
Street Cricketer

T20&Odi Squad: ..Mushfiqure Rahim,,Mahmudullah,,Shakib Al Hasan,,Tamim Iqbal,,Mohammad Ashraful,,Abdur Razzak,,Shahriar Nafees,,Imrul Kayes,,Alok Kapali,Rubel Hossain,,Shafiul Islam,,Nasir Hossain,,Nazmul Hossain,Shuvagoto Hom,,Elias Sunny..

Test Squad: ..Mushfiqure Rahim,,Mahmudullah,,Shakib Al Hasan,,Tamim Iqbal,,Mohammad Ashraful,,Abdur Razzak,,Shahriar Nafees,,Junaid Siddique,,Imrul Kayes,,Rubel Hossain,,Shahadat Hossain,,Naeem Islam,,Roqibul Hasan,Robiul Islam,,Elias Sunny..
I think this the best squad right now for the upcoming series... hope BD will play very good cricket.. They have to win test match... best of luck!!!
Old September 25, 2011, 03:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
we really need a good offie. too many sla bowlers
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedN
I thought we so many offspinners..what is the difference between offiie and sla please.
Quote:
offie is a right arm bowler so the ball will tend to spin away from a right hand batsman and a sla is left arm bowler so the ball will spin away from a left hand bat
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
Sorry, but have to correct you. Offie, like you said, is a right arm off-spin bowler. They would usually bowl outside off-stump and then the ball spins towards the batsmen (Murali). SLA is slow left arm bowler, that is, a left arm spin bowler. SLA Orthodox means they spin from leg-stump to off-stump of a right hand batsman (a left handed leg-spinner), eg Shakib. SLA Unorthodox means they spin from off to leg, basically a left arm cousin of a right arm off-spinner.
i give a summary

A. Right arm Off spinner: ball will turn generally from OFFSIDE to LEGSIDE of a RH batsman i.e is incoming for RH batsman and outgoing for LH batsman. normally uses the finger to spin the ball (exception murali uses the wrist to extract off spin)

B. Right arm Leg spinner: ball will turn generally from LEGSIDE to OFFSIDE of a RH batsman i.e is outgoing for RH batsman and Incoming for LH batsman. normally uses the wrist to spin the ball. (exception Mendis uses the finger to leg spin)

C. Left arm offspinner (TERMED AS SLA orthodox): ball will turn generally from LEGSIDE to OFFSIDE of a RH batsman i.e is outgoing for RH batsman and Incoming for LH batsman. normally uses the finger to spin the ball.

D.Left arm legspinner (TERMED AS Chinamen): ball will turn generally from OFFSIDE to LEGSIDE of a RH batsman i.e is Incoming for RH batsman and outgoing for LH batsman. normally uses the wrist to spin the ball. (example: brad hogg, paul adams)

normally wrist spinners gets more spin than a finger spinner, thats why spinners of category B and D gets more spin.

Doosra: its is an variation of Right arm offspinners where the ball spins away from a RH batsman

Googly: its is an variation of Right arm legspinners where the ball spins inside to a RH batsman. also if a Left arm legspinners spins the ball away from RH batsman it is also called googly for a leg spinner.

Flipper: its is an variation of Right arm legspinners/Left arm legspinner (chinamen) where the ball does not spin and goes straight.

Arm BALL: its is an variation of Right arm OFFspinners/Left arm OFFspinner (SLA orthodox) where the ball does not spin and goes straight.

anyway it may seem that a category B and C bowler will have same effect in a game as their relative spin to a batsman is same, but actually it is not. because the angle they are generating as they are bowling from different position of the crease. a RH leg spinner will bowl closer to the stumps while an SLA will bowl far from the stumps. its the same case for category A and D bowlers.

does anybody has any more confusions or need any clarifications ???
Old September 25, 2011, 07:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazis2007
need to prepare spin wicket to get the advantage of home condition
Definitely. I say we make pitches just like those which were made for the NZ's tour to Bangladesh last year!
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]