facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 16, 2011, 08:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Read this article from "Baler Kantha":
http://www.dailykalerkantho.com/?vie...e_id=1&index=1

Old September 16, 2011, 09:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

BCB Captain die ki korbe?? BCB-er dorkar ekta bhalo President...Director...etc...
Old September 16, 2011, 11:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Read this article from "Baler Kantha":
http://www.dailykalerkantho.com/?vie...e_id=1&index=1
Bangali ki shobai pechal parte pochondo kore? What is the point of this whole article? And what is this with 3 quarter pants?

I'd like to know what these KK reporters contributed to our cricket in a positive manner since the newspaper's inception?
Old September 16, 2011, 11:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

LBW103 bhai, please don't make me public enemy no.1 by quoting me when writing a post supporting BCB.. especially as I find there to be many faults with BCB as well...

The whole captaincy saga is a sad occasion for Bangladesh cricket... What had to be done was done (I believe), but I hate being reminded about it. If only we could concentrate on the series at hand...
Old September 21, 2011, 06:14 PM
Street Cricketer

Default recent article

What about BCB captain? I ask myself the same question after reaching the end of Isam’s article in The Daily Star (dated 10 September, 2011) . Because the writer never answers this question, or even attempts to address it. Rather his write up should be more aptly titled - what about BCB president?
Yes what about BCB president? Let me directly answer some of the issues that Isam brings up. First point of the article accuses the BCB for its decision to ‘depose the captain of the national team at an abnormally dizzying speed; a decision that has left the Tigers with a leadership vacuum.’ May I ask if Isam is aware of the series of events that have led to this dizzyingly speedy decision over the last 6 months since the World Cup 2011? From making inexplicit gestures to a naturally disappointed audience at the Mirpur stadium, to officially writing against senior ex players of Bangladesh cricket, to skipping practice to shoot for an advertisement, to showing bias in team selection decisions and not fairly communicating with his teammates – Shakib has formally and publicly evoked the wrath and disappointment of his supporters, superiors and his colleagues over a period of time that will only be termed as tad too long by any organized authority whether in the field of sports or any other profession. Isam also forgets that the ex captain has been summoned by the CEO of BCB and given a formal warning just before the beginning of the Zimbabwe tour. This is the same writer that accuses the BCB of its inability to act efficiently so when efficiency is shown in taking a step towards discipline, it is termed as undue speed. Actually I find Isam’s concept of time quite baffling. He also accuses the BCB of leaving the tigers with a leadership vacuum. But I believe he is not familiar with the way any sports organization works and the fact that a new captain is announced within less than 3 weeks is actually an evidence of ‘dizzying speed’.
Issam is right in informing that the issue of captaincy was not directly an agenda in that particular meeting but he is also right in pointing out that a decision on the Zimbabwe tour reports was a major topic in that meeting. If the tour reports point out the failure of the captain and the co captain as one of the prime causes for the failure of the team overall then of course the issue of captaincy becomes the natural outcome of that meeting’s dialogue. The Zimbabwe tour investigation was the meeting’s core discussion and the captaincy failure is the result of that investigation and we all know about the solution that was decided on – one simply leads to the other, the meeting does not begin with the agenda of removing captaincy when the failure of captaincy has not even been officially exposed or discussed prior to that meeting.
Isam goes on to accuse the president of his dictatorial role in allowing the sacking of Shakib and Tamim but his accusation is filled with discrepancies. On one hand he claims that Kamal allowed the body of directors to decide against the two and on the other hand he says that Kamal is personally responsible for this Nero like decision.
But Isam also claims that all classified information within the board becomes public knowledge. Then I am sure he must be fully aware that Kamal, along with a couple of directors present at the meeting were actually in support of Shakib’s captaincy. Anyone in the BCB will able to vouch for the president’s weaknesses towards the ex captain simply because of the cricketer that he has proven to be. Also if Isam accuses Kamal of being the politician that he is then he must be aware that Kamal is accountable to his field of political duty and his political superiors and knows that Shakib is a figure of mass popularity that he cannot put at risk. So of course this decision was not entirely Kamal’s. Furthermore BCB is comprised of an elected board of directors whose voices must surely be heard in any decision. Now the writer accuses Kamal of letting others have the majority say when in the past this same president has been accused of running an autocratic hand in BCB. Maybe the victim of the plot Shakib Al Hasan was spot on in announcing that everyone here needs a scapegoat and like our ex captain, the board president has repeatedly been scapegoated by the media. Nowhere in the world has the cricket board been blamed for the failure of the team and the eleven payers on the field as much as the BCB and its president. And speaking of Shakib, it is this victim of Kamal’s autocracy and prejudice who has been the sole defender of the president in this recent episode. In his own words in his interview to Prothom Alo, Shakib shares that he maintains a very good relationship with the president and the president has always supported him. I wish Isam, The Daily Star and the other media would show the same honesty and nobility that our ex captain has displayed.
Isam also claims that Kamal made a u turn from his previous statement that he would not hold the players accountable for the Zimbabwe tour failure. Firstly Kamal made the statement during the course of the series where as the president the least he could do off the field was to calm the players and feed their confidence. Secondly the change in his attitude only came about when he had the tour repots in his custody. Now is he not supposed to act on the outcome of the reports and the reported failure in captaincy just because he made a statement in the media? To maintain his credibility in the media was he supposed to compromise on his credibility as the president of the cricket board?
Lastly, Isam charges Kamal of providing publicity stunts but I wonder [EDIT - UNLESS YOU HAVE EVIDENCE TO SUBSTANTIATE YOUR CLAIM PLEASE DO NOT ENGAGE IN SLANDEROUS COMMENTS - MOD]. His appeal for the ‘visionary former president’ in an untimed and unnecessary reference exposes his own political agenda behind his writing.

Last edited by RazabQ; September 22, 2011 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: mod.content
Old September 22, 2011, 10:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^ dude, what are u smoking? EVERYONE knows that saber hossain atleast had a vison
Old September 22, 2011, 11:36 AM
BD Correspondent, ESPNCricinfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersroar
What about BCB captain? I ask myself the same question after reaching the end of Isam’s article in The Daily Star (dated 10 September, 2011) . Because the writer never answers this question, or even attempts to address it. Rather his write up should be more aptly titled - what about BCB president?
Yes what about BCB president? Let me directly answer some of the issues that Isam brings up. First point of the article accuses the BCB for its decision to ‘depose the captain of the national team at an abnormally dizzying speed; a decision that has left the Tigers with a leadership vacuum.’ May I ask if Isam is aware of the series of events that have led to this dizzyingly speedy decision over the last 6 months since the World Cup 2011? From making inexplicit gestures to a naturally disappointed audience at the Mirpur stadium, to officially writing against senior ex players of Bangladesh cricket, to skipping practice to shoot for an advertisement, to showing bias in team selection decisions and not fairly communicating with his teammates – Shakib has formally and publicly evoked the wrath and disappointment of his supporters, superiors and his colleagues over a period of time that will only be termed as tad too long by any organized authority whether in the field of sports or any other profession. Isam also forgets that the ex captain has been summoned by the CEO of BCB and given a formal warning just before the beginning of the Zimbabwe tour. This is the same writer that accuses the BCB of its inability to act efficiently so when efficiency is shown in taking a step towards discipline, it is termed as undue speed. Actually I find Isam’s concept of time quite baffling. He also accuses the BCB of leaving the tigers with a leadership vacuum. But I believe he is not familiar with the way any sports organization works and the fact that a new captain is announced within less than 3 weeks is actually an evidence of ‘dizzying speed’.
Issam is right in informing that the issue of captaincy was not directly an agenda in that particular meeting but he is also right in pointing out that a decision on the Zimbabwe tour reports was a major topic in that meeting. If the tour reports point out the failure of the captain and the co captain as one of the prime causes for the failure of the team overall then of course the issue of captaincy becomes the natural outcome of that meeting’s dialogue. The Zimbabwe tour investigation was the meeting’s core discussion and the captaincy failure is the result of that investigation and we all know about the solution that was decided on – one simply leads to the other, the meeting does not begin with the agenda of removing captaincy when the failure of captaincy has not even been officially exposed or discussed prior to that meeting.
Isam goes on to accuse the president of his dictatorial role in allowing the sacking of Shakib and Tamim but his accusation is filled with discrepancies. On one hand he claims that Kamal allowed the body of directors to decide against the two and on the other hand he says that Kamal is personally responsible for this Nero like decision.
But Isam also claims that all classified information within the board becomes public knowledge. Then I am sure he must be fully aware that Kamal, along with a couple of directors present at the meeting were actually in support of Shakib’s captaincy. Anyone in the BCB will able to vouch for the president’s weaknesses towards the ex captain simply because of the cricketer that he has proven to be. Also if Isam accuses Kamal of being the politician that he is then he must be aware that Kamal is accountable to his field of political duty and his political superiors and knows that Shakib is a figure of mass popularity that he cannot put at risk. So of course this decision was not entirely Kamal’s. Furthermore BCB is comprised of an elected board of directors whose voices must surely be heard in any decision. Now the writer accuses Kamal of letting others have the majority say when in the past this same president has been accused of running an autocratic hand in BCB. Maybe the victim of the plot Shakib Al Hasan was spot on in announcing that everyone here needs a scapegoat and like our ex captain, the board president has repeatedly been scapegoated by the media. Nowhere in the world has the cricket board been blamed for the failure of the team and the eleven payers on the field as much as the BCB and its president. And speaking of Shakib, it is this victim of Kamal’s autocracy and prejudice who has been the sole defender of the president in this recent episode. In his own words in his interview to Prothom Alo, Shakib shares that he maintains a very good relationship with the president and the president has always supported him. I wish Isam, The Daily Star and the other media would show the same honesty and nobility that our ex captain has displayed.
Isam also claims that Kamal made a u turn from his previous statement that he would not hold the players accountable for the Zimbabwe tour failure. Firstly Kamal made the statement during the course of the series where as the president the least he could do off the field was to calm the players and feed their confidence. Secondly the change in his attitude only came about when he had the tour repots in his custody. Now is he not supposed to act on the outcome of the reports and the reported failure in captaincy just because he made a statement in the media? To maintain his credibility in the media was he supposed to compromise on his credibility as the president of the cricket board?
Lastly, Isam charges Kamal of providing publicity stunts but I wonder[REDACTED]. His appeal for the ‘visionary former president’ in an untimed and unnecessary reference exposes his own political agenda behind his writing.
Without contesting your vast knowledge on Bangladesh cricket, I just want to protest the last paragraph. [REDACTED]

You can always criticise my writing skills, tone, etc but you cannot write these things. It is a public forum and since I'm lucky enough to be a member of this forum, I have the right to protest your comment.
Old September 22, 2011, 11:49 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I am speechless! Mr. Kamal has at least one supporter for his role in the BCB. I never would have imagined this in a million years...

Quote:
Lastly, Isam charges Kamal of providing publicity stunts but I wonder [REDACTED]. His appeal for the ‘visionary former president’ in an untimed and unnecessary reference exposes his own political agenda behind his writing.
Old September 22, 2011, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Lastly, Isam charges Kamal of providing publicity stunts but I wonder [REDACTED]. His appeal for the ‘visionary former president’ in an untimed and unnecessary reference exposes his own political agenda behind his writing.
Many of the BC members here (including me) charge Lotus Kamal of millions of things. We criticize him in so many ways and we(at least me) are ready to write against him if the chance is given. [NOT RELEVANT ANY MORE - Mod]

My point is, why are you making random speculations? Did you see any ex president of BCB [REDACTED] writing this piece? And his appeal for a visionary former president is not untimed at all.

Constructive criticism is okay. But I really think sometimes some of the BC members cross limits when it comes to criticism. You can't just go on and accuse someone [REDACTED] without any trace of proof. Its extremely rude.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old September 22, 2011, 12:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
I am speechless! Mr. Kamal has at least one supporter for his role in the BCB. I never would have imagined this in a million years...
I suspect that person may be Mr. Kamal himself, or one of his secretaries. The tone seemed to me that he has direct interest in Loita, not in cricket.
Old September 24, 2011, 05:04 PM
Street Cricketer

hi isam i respect you for the way you have acknowledged my write up. and it is actually in very poor taste that i made that slanderous comment at the end, i am not the type to impose petty nasty 'unproven' allegations like that and i actually felt like that comment summed up the entire tone of your article and i sounded just like you in that one line. i sincerely hope what im trying to say, that ur whole article is a compilation of rumours, assumptions, some hearsay from this very forum here, some comments from bystanders of bd cricket who probably have no associaton with the way bcb works - basically mostly information that has not been proven and is purely personal slander - very much like my one liner charge there. the person who is in the crux of this controversary, the victim, the ex captain has said in his words that he has always had the support of the president and the president would not be against him. so pls do return the same respect that i showed u in the future and maybe we can work together and share information in creating good honest journalism. thanks and once again i take back my absolutely unproven, assumed, nasty charge on u.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isam
Without contesting your vast knowledge on Bangladesh cricket, I just want to protest the last paragraph. [REDACTED]

You can always criticise my writing skills, tone, etc but you cannot write these things. It is a public forum and since I'm lucky enough to be a member of this forum, I have the right to protest your comment.
Old September 24, 2011, 05:08 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
I suspect that person may be Mr. Kamal himself, or one of his secretaries. The tone seemed to me that he has direct interest in Loita, not in cricket.
umm the title of the article says its about the president and the introductory para that sums up the content of the rest of the article also says teh article is about lotus kamal - so really confusing, who and and in what is trying to fake interest in cricket here? u may or may not like the subject but the subject is what the article is about - not bd cricket, bd curry or bd weather!!!
Old September 25, 2011, 12:01 PM

The article, like all in my short career so far, have been written with proper knowledge, research and of course, a cricketing background. I have never written a single piece, be it a small match report on Kabaddi, without the correct information and following journalistic ethics.

The article wasn't personal slander and it was aimed to purely point out how a president has failed. I have followed the said president for most of his two years in BCB so whatever I write about this person, is more objective than you think.

I repeat, I have only written about AHM Mustafa Kamal's performance as the BCB president, not his personality or his lifestyle. The last two things are not my concern.

I, like many of my colleagues, spend most of our day in the cricket board when there's no cricket going on and we try to find out news, of course, since that's our job. But we don't go there to dig dirt about individuals.

It is my duty as a forum member (mind you, not as a reporter) to give you a reply and I've done so. I appreciate your apology but still, you're trying to make me look bad. Now, if that's because you are related to the person I've written about, it is only natural for you to do so.

Hope you remember that I had my name on top of that article and a newspaper like Daily Star ran the story. People get paid a lot of money to research and do background checks before these stories are published.

I would like to believe that you have the best interest of Bangladesh cricket at heart and if that's so, I wish you well and yes, we should share information. I invite you to come to Mirpur or my office one day and we can have a cup of tea.

Maybe you can teach me a few things about writing on cricket as I'm always keen to learn.

Quote:
hi isam i respect you for the way you have acknowledged my write up. and it is actually in very poor taste that i made that slanderous comment at the end, i am not the type to impose petty nasty 'unproven' allegations like that and i actually felt like that comment summed up the entire tone of your article and i sounded just like you in that one line. i sincerely hope what im trying to say, that ur whole article is a compilation of rumours, assumptions, some hearsay from this very forum here, some comments from bystanders of bd cricket who probably have no associaton with the way bcb works - basically mostly information that has not been proven and is purely personal slander - very much like my one liner charge there. the person who is in the crux of this controversary, the victim, the ex captain has said in his words that he has always had the support of the president and the president would not be against him. so pls do return the same respect that i showed u in the future and maybe we can work together and share information in creating good honest journalism. thanks and once again i take back my absolutely unproven, assumed, nasty charge on u.
Old September 25, 2011, 01:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

দেশে গাঁজাখোর অনেক বেড়ে গেছে...
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old September 25, 2011, 01:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

I am wondering if this is the same mostofa Mamun who used to write for Prothom Alo. this again showed who's agenda lies where at the Captaincy controversy. while all other papers are writing about BCB's hurried decision, Kaler Kontho continues the propaganda.

btw, I recently discovered that Kaler Kontho and Banglanews24.com are sister websites. well, with the role they have played to destroy Bangladesh cricket, this wasnt a surprise actually..
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old September 25, 2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avik
দেশে গাঁজাখোর অনেক বেড়ে গেছে...
Care to explain...?
Old September 25, 2011, 10:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

দেশে হাবিজাবি কথাবার্তা বলা লোক অনেক বেশি বেড়ে গেছে। গাঞ্জাখোর দের মতন অনেকেই আজকাল আষাঢ়ে গপ্প টাইপের কথা বলে। তাদের ব্যপারে বলছি। আপনাকে বলি নাই ভাই।