facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 20, 2012, 04:22 PM
revolver revolver is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 13, 2009
Posts: 5,343
Default stadiums

I was wondering about the stadiums which will be used in the tourney. it would been good if each team had their own stadium. Anyways if anyone has images of stadium that will be used then put them up. (apart from mirpur and chitagong)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old January 20, 2012, 04:25 PM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 10,948

Only Mirpur and Chittagong Stadium will be used for BPL
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 20, 2012, 04:26 PM
AMD128 AMD128 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 29, 2011
Location: Dhaka,Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.
Posts: 1,180

No other stadiums will be used other than Mirpur & Chittagong in this season. Maybe next year some more stadiums could be added.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 20, 2012, 04:34 PM
revolver revolver is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 13, 2009
Posts: 5,343

Ohhh crap. Hopefully it should be all stadiums by next year

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 20, 2012, 04:42 PM
AMD128 AMD128 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 29, 2011
Location: Dhaka,Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.
Posts: 1,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
Ohhh crap. Hopefully it should be all stadiums by next year

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Maybe but I hope the number matches will be increased next year too.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 20, 2012, 06:28 PM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,861

I want their to be the induction of a foreign team, possibly an associate team to give them exposure and lead to more competitive cricket. A team like Holland would go really far in such a tournament.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 20, 2012, 11:54 PM
FagunerAgun FagunerAgun is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 18, 2006
Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Posts: 5,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Only Mirpur and Chittagong Stadium will be used for BPL
Oh..I thouhgt all the divisional stadiums will be used..but these two stadiums are good for more revenue generating.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 21, 2012, 01:14 AM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,482

Thought they could have used Khulna Stadium.
It was renovated as a back up during the last world cup and looked good.
Khulna also got couple of good hotels where players can stay in.

The thing that works against Khulna is the airport, which is in Jessore and is about 2 hours drive in not so pleasant road. Khulna must have its own airport somewhere close to the city.
__________________
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 22, 2012, 01:54 AM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,915
Default for future

Barisal

Sylhet

Khulna

Rajshahi

Chittagong

Dhaka


(in all cases true north is up)
__________________
I Want to Believe

Last edited by zsayeed; January 22, 2012 at 02:36 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 22, 2012, 02:33 AM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,915

I like barisal and khulna's setting the best.
__________________
I Want to Believe
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old January 22, 2012, 03:45 AM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,482

Barisal should be a scenic one. Right next to the Kirtankhola river.
Khulna looks green.
__________________
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old January 22, 2012, 04:15 AM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Barisal should be a scenic one. Right next to the Kirtankhola river.
Khulna looks green.
indeed- beautiful river and lush green.
__________________
I Want to Believe
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old January 22, 2012, 04:38 AM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,383

More pics of Barisal Stadium

It looks very scenic indeed.

Outside


Inside


Picture courtesy: Asif Rahat

View from the river




photo courtesy: arefin (from FB fan page)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old January 26, 2012, 07:54 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

I watched a lot of football matches in Barishal stadium. That's really the best. With a lots of space in front and so close to the river. Lunches/steamers/burges/boats etc all kinds of water crafts keep moving ... U can see those from the galleries... Beautiful wind keep flowing from the river... U don't get board there, even if the game is dull.... And the crowd is awesome in Barisal. .. They extremely entertaining ..... I used to love the environment of that stadium...that could have been a great venue..... City is nice too... Just the hotels aren't there... Coz Barishal is neither a business place nor tourists. So .......
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old January 26, 2012, 08:09 PM
dash dash is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 19, 2005
Posts: 1,526

Barisal- im sorry to break the bubble....but i found barisal to be one of the least attractive of all the divisional cities and hotel is a problem and dont think the stadium is in condition to host int standard games

Khulna- the stadium there is int standard and they have put a lot of money in it and was a back up venue during the world cup, if there are good hotels then games could be held there

Sylhet- I believe bcb has renovated the stadium since ENG lions have just played and it is scheduled to have matches for t20 wc.

Bogra- Rajshahi games can be held there since it has int standard stadium. probably it has a hotel since it has hosted int games

Last edited by dash; January 27, 2012 at 09:03 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old January 27, 2012, 02:01 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
Barisal- im sorry to break the bubble....but i found barisal to be one of the least attractive of all the divisional cities and hotel is a problem and dont think the stadium is in condition to host int standard games."."....................


.....
You have no idea about Barishal stadium. It's in good condition as well. Ranatunga and all the foreign players had been traveling to Barishal in those days. So u are probably trying to e a it harsh on Barishal from your liking point of view. It's very well located as well.

And the stadiums you are keeping ahead with the logic or ..."recently BCB has put in a lot of money is just laugh able" because recently if BCB puts ita lot of money Barishal can also attain what they don't have. So that doesn't disqualify Barishal as a stadium. Location wise that yet the best.

City wise, my friend it's MCH better and cleaner city than the most... I had been to all the cities u mention. bogra is no city at all. And hotel wise, I know that shitty pojoton that the players stay in Bogra... There are way better hotels in Barishal at private level... I just had been a bit modest, as I expect to haven a better hotel around the stadium....

And What's the bubble u broke ....? Other than expressing your regional hatred for no reason ?
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old January 27, 2012, 07:26 PM
dash dash is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 19, 2005
Posts: 1,526

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
You have no idea about Barishal stadium. It's in good condition as well. Ranatunga and all the foreign players had been traveling to Barishal in those days. So u are probably trying to e a it harsh on Barishal from your liking point of view. It's very well located as well.

And the stadiums you are keeping ahead with the logic or ..."recently BCB has put in a lot of money is just laugh able" because recently if BCB puts ita lot of money Barishal can also attain what they don't have. So that doesn't disqualify Barishal as a stadium. Location wise that yet the best.

City wise, my friend it's MCH better and cleaner city than the most... I had been to all the cities u mention. bogra is no city at all. And hotel wise, I know that shitty pojoton that the players stay in Bogra... There are way better hotels in Barishal at private level... I just had been a bit modest, as I expect to haven a better hotel around the stadium....

And What's the bubble u broke ....? Other than expressing your regional hatred for no reason ?
Firs of all it was nothing personal against you or Barisal these were my observation based on what I have seen which obviously can be debated...

Quoting you " Ranatunga and all the foreign players had been traveling to Barishal in those days"- in your words you mention those days Ranatunga and co traveled to barisal; well those days are no longer in the present. Barisal stadium was probably at par with other stadiums across the country in those days. But, as it stands today massive development has taken place in all the int venues across the country, but i havent read anything regarding development of the stadium in Barisal; on the contrary Shariar nafees captain of barisal in ncl lamented to the media few seasons back that they dont have a proper practice facility in barisal before the ncl season.

quoting you- "recently BCB has put in a lot of money is just laugh able" because recently if BCB puts ita lot of money Barishal can also attain what they don't have"

Well you are obviously right that if BCB puts money into developing the Barisal stadium it will be of int standard. But then again you are being hypothetical because the fact is BCB hasnt put money into it. however I sincerely hope that BCB develops the stadium to int standard and surely it will make a very scenic stadium

Coming to your point about barisal as a city- I didnt say Bogra was a better city than Barisal. What I said was that Bogra has a an international standard stadium and it hosted a test match. For your information during intl games teams didnt stay in parjatan they stayed ind naz garden ( http://hotelnazgarden.com/contact_us.php). it is owned by some associate of tarek Zia. Now I am not saying that it is better than any hotels in Barisal because im unable to comment. In comparison to other divisional cities like dhaka, Chittagong, sylhet, rajshahi, khulna i found Barisal to attract less development. I am sorry but that is my observation but you can obviously argue against it.

quoting you "And What's the bubble u broke ....? Other than expressing your regional hatred for no reason"-

i am afraid you are being paranoid. I have expressed what i have observed and felt; which I have every right to. i have nothing against barisal and I hope it gets more attention and truly fits the bill of "venice of the East"

Last edited by dash; January 28, 2012 at 06:26 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket