facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old February 17, 2012, 02:33 PM
FagunerAgun FagunerAgun is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 18, 2006
Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Posts: 5,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC


Cant help sharing this pic since we are talking about cinema hall
...I like the advertising piece.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old February 17, 2012, 05:13 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,376

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
^^We need the movie industry as a nation, then where the new movies will be released in when all the cinema halls are either parking lots or roads?




Its called drive-in Movies.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old February 17, 2012, 05:20 PM
FagunerAgun FagunerAgun is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 18, 2006
Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Posts: 5,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye




Its called drive-in Movies.




..LOL ....I used to go here. then got hit by a flying beer bottle. stopped goingk there. I like it...but how many people have cars (middle and lower middle class and poors) to watch drive-way theatre in BD!!!

When we think for a system, it should be for all, not for some rich and selfish bugs. aar meghla and borsha'r dine ki hobe?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old February 17, 2012, 05:30 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,376

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
..LOL ....I used to go here. then got hit by a flying beer bottle. stopped goingk there. I like it...but how many people have cars (middle and lower middle class and poors) to watch drive-way theatre in BD!!!

When we think for a system, it should be for all, not for some rich and selfish bugs. aar meghla and borsha'r dine ki hobe?
Bhaidi,
ekta dugdugi niya rastai darailey 100 manush kam charai okhane joro hoi. ei rokom big screen tulle ... khali screen'er dikei manush takai thakbey. As for Bangladesh'er prekkhapot'a we will make it unique. Rickshaw drive-in. Kono bapar na!! Yes, i support for normal jono shadharon's right.

Bristi-badol? ei'ta kono kisu? huud tuile dibey?
+++
By the way, why did you go to those? Tumi bishesh bhalo na!! Oi khaney pongta polapain (BK'er moto) jai.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old February 17, 2012, 05:35 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,477

We can have rickshaw ride in movie.


Edit: T_E bhai already mentioned it
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old February 17, 2012, 05:54 PM
WorldCup11's Avatar
WorldCup11 WorldCup11 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 24, 2010
Posts: 1,740

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC


Cant help sharing this pic since we are talking about cinema hall
__________________
We were, we are and we will be always with you Tigers.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old February 17, 2012, 07:25 PM
FagunerAgun FagunerAgun is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 18, 2006
Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Posts: 5,636

Just finished Goreeber Dada....... (Poppy, Manna)
In my lovely old mega.
That was not bad, not bad
Watching in a 'foreign land'.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old February 17, 2012, 07:29 PM
FagunerAgun FagunerAgun is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 18, 2006
Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Posts: 5,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Bhaidi,
ekta dugdugi niya rastai darailey 100 manush kam charai okhane joro hoi. ei rokom big screen tulle ... khali screen'er dikei manush takai thakbey. As for Bangladesh'er prekkhapot'a we will make it unique. Rickshaw drive-in. Kono bapar na!! Yes, i support for normal jono shadharon's right.

Bristi-badol? ei'ta kono kisu? huud tuile dibey?
+++
By the way, why did you go to those? Tumi bishesh bhalo na!! Oi khaney pongta polapain (BK'er moto) jai.
Yeah..that was one of my adventures in those days...got caught by a couple of crazy brokers, and went there a couple of times. It was a good experience. I saw lot of good people around me..but when they got drunk, those buggers really changed.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old February 17, 2012, 07:49 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
Yeah..that was one of my adventures in those days...got caught by a couple of crazy brokers, and went there a couple of times. It was a good experience. I saw lot of good people around me..but when they got drunk, those buggers really changed.
Once they get drunk they change. Very true comment.
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old February 17, 2012, 09:57 PM
F6_Turbo F6_Turbo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 19, 2011
Location: A hospital near you
Favorite Player: Brian Lara
Posts: 2,552

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Not at all.... This is a logic used by politicians, when they don't want to do something. We have given so many things and we accept so much of injustice... In many areas, who is saying what? And even if some are saying... Do they care?? Who cares??

When it comes to something constructive and beneficial, they bring up that logic and block it. Let's be sane and do what's economically beneficial and will lift our own industry. Any business without competition is supposed to produce rots like "Shami Keno Ashami" and hope it should have been super duper hit and he earns millions $

Lame lame excuses...
You say not at all...but this is exactly what was said not just by politicians(actually, they didn't take the lead here), when the govt decided to lift the ban on bollywood movies being shown in local cinemas for the 1st time in independence.

Nayok Raj Razzak(what a name - his sons are hilarious, Grade A losers ) led a group of artists all over the media to protest the lifting of the ban - saying, Bangabandhu met us, and protected us, how can his daughter now do this...haha. He then went on rants repeatedly on television, about how this would spell disaster for the industry(because as we all know, the industry is thriving atm ).

The right wing politicians then jumped in and started with the....Desh bachao, Cinema Bachao, Purnima-r bishal !@#%^* bachao.

Threatening cinema owners that they would be blacklisted, and wouldn't receive new bangla cinemas(what a dumb threat!).

Anyways the movies in question

Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, and a couple of others that I can't remember now. Can you imagine the state of our industry, afraid of hindi movies that more 10-15 years old



!@#%^* = gut, get your minds out of the gutter. :nono:
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old February 17, 2012, 11:00 PM
Nasif's Avatar
Nasif Nasif is offline
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development
 
Join Date: October 4, 2002
Location: USA
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 8,678

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC


Cant help sharing this pic since we are talking about cinema hall
This should be on joke of the day thread! Hahahaha.....
__________________
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old February 18, 2012, 10:39 PM
FagunerAgun FagunerAgun is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 18, 2006
Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Posts: 5,636

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old February 18, 2012, 10:50 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

@F6_Turbo
As if the govt cares about people coming on the road. There are so many issues that people or opposition came out on the road, and you have used the logic of Razzak coming on the road, as a reason to back out from what the govt planned.... Or Razzak is more important than the suffering people and the opposition..... ???

Funny ....
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71

Last edited by BANFAN; February 20, 2012 at 05:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old February 21, 2012, 01:44 PM
FagunerAgun FagunerAgun is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 18, 2006
Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Posts: 5,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
@F6_Turbo
As if the govt cares about people coming on the road. There are so many issues that people or opposition came out on the road, and you have used the logic of Razzak coming on the road, as a reason to back out from what the govt planned.... Or Razzak is more important than the suffering people and the opposition..... ???

Funny ....
This is all politics to do and not to do at their own interest.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old February 21, 2012, 03:37 PM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
@F6_Turbo
As if the govt cares about people coming on the road. There are so many issues that people or opposition came out on the road, and you have used the logic of Razzak coming on the road, as a reason to back out from what the govt planned.... Or Razzak is more important than the suffering people and the opposition..... ???

Funny ....
Here is my deduction and I may be wrong altho unlikely.
1) Almost every one associated with bangladesh film and entertainment (or lack of) industry supports AL. That is because AL is the more liberal party * amongst the two major ones. So allowing bollywood films would probably not gain too much extra votes but is sure to diminish its vote bank.

2) Also one of the major opposition success stories recently has been their ability to demonize AL by demonizing India amongst the masses in Bangladesh. This would only further help BNP to gain grounds.

So it is not abt Razzaq Jr but something a little more serious.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old February 22, 2012, 03:03 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Here is my deduction and I may be wrong altho unlikely.
1) Almost every one associated with bangladesh film and entertainment (or lack of) industry supports AL. That is because AL is the more liberal party * amongst the two major ones. So allowing bollywood films would probably not gain too much extra votes but is sure to diminish its vote bank.

2) Also one of the major opposition success stories recently has been their ability to demonize AL by demonizing India amongst the masses in Bangladesh. This would only further help BNP to gain grounds.

So it is not abt Razzaq Jr but something a little more serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
This is all politics to do and not to do at their own interest.
Spot on ...
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old February 25, 2012, 08:04 AM
firstlane firstlane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 8, 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,838

this is nothing new. many cinemas shut down in last 10 years. I used to hear it all the time in tv.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old February 26, 2012, 01:41 AM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 3,107

Only went to the theatre in BD once, and it was in the Bashundhara Mall (sp?), uncle took me there to watch Mission Impossible 3, since his company was sponsoring the film I believe.

Edit: I lied, he also took us to watch StarDust at the same mall.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old February 26, 2012, 02:21 AM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,480

Well, how many "Chowdhury Shaheb and his daughter" movie can you see ??
__________________
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old February 27, 2012, 09:29 AM
Shock Shock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 2, 2011
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Tamim, Sakib, Hashim Amla
Posts: 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC


Cant help sharing this pic since we are talking about cinema hall

I am shocked!


by the way by any chance itz animated?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old February 27, 2012, 09:30 AM
Shock Shock is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 2, 2011
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Tamim, Sakib, Hashim Amla
Posts: 191

is that a takku bell on a wheel chair and a naked woman at the back!!!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old February 27, 2012, 10:34 AM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock
is that a takku bell on a wheel chair and a naked woman at the back!!!
I think this is the poster of "X-men" bangla version
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket