facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 11, 2012, 10:55 PM
Cricket Legend

someone posted in cricinfo
Quote:
As far a leading Bengali news paper (publish in West Bengal) PWI didn't take Tamim with them to play KXI, so if its not any injury or any change in the strategy i don't think Tamin going to board a morning flight to Chandigarh.Best of Luck to PWI hope DINDA nad Krtik continue there from.
so no chance of seeing Tamim in action today also
Old April 11, 2012, 11:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
top post prime man!

I couldn't have said it better! Kudos!
In fact, now I have learned the errors of my way!

Yes, yes, yes, we should practice our longer game with test matches. So what Tamim played the last domestic FC 5 years ago - that is for pola pain cricket! He is much above that! He should definitely ask more more tests, in fact that is how the other nation's players learned their trade. We should learn our techniques, mental strengths, the ability to stay in the game at the test venue!

I agree with you 100%. Tests are really for learning. Yes!
Sometimes people learn quickly when they are thrown into the deep end. If one can come out victorious from one's baptism of fire, one is likely to have a tougher character.

No one is underplaying the importance of having a good FC structure, but the unfortunate reality is we don't have one at the moment. It's likely to take sometime to develop a fully functional and beneficial FC structure and the onus is not on any particular player to develop one. So in the absence of a fully functional FC system, what should the players do? Wait for the administrators to fix it and let their golden years pass by?

Tamim has been one of the most successful Test batsman of the country with all his lack of experiences in FC cricket. He was on his way to become one of the world's highest run scorers in a year in 2010. It was a pity that his journey was cut short by the lack of opportunities. So he has every reason to want to play more tests.

And I am glad that I could show you the error of your ways. I am gladder that you gave my post - not only one, but three of them.
Old April 12, 2012, 01:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
Sometimes people learn quickly when they are thrown into the deep end. If one can come out victorious from one's baptism of fire, one is likely to have a tougher character.

No one is underplaying the importance of having a good FC structure, but the unfortunate reality is we don't have one at the moment. It's likely to take sometime to develop a fully functional and beneficial FC structure and the onus is not on any particular player to develop one. So in the absence of a fully functional FC system, what should the players do? Wait for the administrators to fix it and let their golden years pass by?

Tamim has been one of the most successful Test batsman of the country with all his lack of experiences in FC cricket. He was on his way to become one of the world's highest run scorers in a year in 2010. It was a pity that his journey was cut short by the lack of opportunities. So he has every reason to want to play more tests.

And I am glad that I could show you the error of your ways. I am gladder that you gave my post - not only one, but three of them.
Tamim has a good technique that will allow him to play well in tests. He would be a better test batsmen then an ODI batsmen in my opinion.
Old April 12, 2012, 04:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
That only means he'll have to sit out a bit longer. Dada is making them feel better.
Or it might explain why he's been out for so long-Ganguly probably had to foot the bill.
Old April 12, 2012, 05:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: 75 69 29

Really want to see Tamim in action today.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 12, 2012, 06:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

^ Unlikely, no matter how good the Isnaad about him playing may be.
Old April 12, 2012, 07:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Really want to see Tamim in action today.
sorry bro he is not playing today
Old April 12, 2012, 07:25 AM
Test Cricketer

tamim aint playing today...according samakal he didnt even travel to mohali....
Old April 12, 2012, 07:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

looks like TI's T20 luck is very bad
only 2 mtch from BPL, and now IPL.
Old April 12, 2012, 10:09 PM
Cricket Legend

The Lord works in mysterious ways.
18:78-18:81
Old April 12, 2012, 10:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

^^Exactly Zsayeed bhai....my words

Who knows....he might get a call after the "amazing" performance from the top order of Pune!
Old April 13, 2012, 03:13 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

I wan't to mention this: I like sourav ganguly as a person and respect him. but sometime's I think he is a bit biased when it comes to choosing the right player. let's see, why he does'nt pick Tamim Iqbal. I think the reason is mainly popularity decline and I have seen that Ganguly like's people praising him alot. I have only found this bad habit on him. Maybe i am wrong, my opinion
Old April 13, 2012, 04:45 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tiqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSM B2C
I wan't to mention this: I like sourav ganguly as a person and respect him. but sometime's I think he is a bit biased when it comes to choosing the right player. let's see, why he does'nt pick Tamim Iqbal. I think the reason is mainly popularity decline and I have seen that Ganguly like's people praising him alot. I have only found this bad habit on him. Maybe i am wrong, my opinion
does Sourav Ganguly pick the players? I though someone else picks the players.
Old April 13, 2012, 06:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

That's what I thought too :|
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiplu
Old April 13, 2012, 06:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Yeahh innit, I always thought it's the the team bus does it! Talk about brand new information!!!
Old April 13, 2012, 06:44 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiplu
The Captain & Coach alway's has a say on the team selection.

So you are saying team selection should not be based on conditions or opposition?
Absolutely. I have never believed in the horses-for-courses theory. Harbhajan [Singh] will get you wickets on a green top and Kapil Dev will get you wickets on a turner, because they are both good bowlers. A bad seamer will not get you wickets on a green top and a bad spinner will not get you wickets on a turner. I played four spinners because they happened to be the best bowlers around. I had no Kapil Dev, so playing a seamer just for the sake of balance was useless.

Tiger Pataudi

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/533438.html
Old April 13, 2012, 02:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Your day is coming my friend. Better be ready to take the opportunity with both hands and show them what you to offer.
Old April 13, 2012, 02:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

http://kalerkantha.net/

আজ খেলবেন তামিম!

গত কয়েক দিনে স্বপ্নের ক্যানভাসে নতুন কোনো রং লাগেনি তামিম ইকবালের। বরং আগের রংটুকুও এখন অনেকটাই ফিকে। আজ নববর্ষে সেটা ফিরে আসবে কি? চেন্নাই সুপার কিংসের সঙ্গে আজকের ম্যাচে কি সুযোগ পাবেন তামিম?
প্রশ্নটা আবার উঠছে এবং সম্ভাবনাটাও আগের চেয়ে উজ্জ্বল মনে হচ্ছে, কারণ গত দুই ম্যাচে মোটেও ভালো করতে পারেননি পুনের ওপেনার জেসি রাইডার। দুটি ম্যাচে নিউজিল্যান্ডের এই ওপেনার করেছেন ৮ ও ৭ রান। প্রথম ম্যাচে ব্যর্থ হয়েছিলেন ওয়েন পারনেলও। অথচ এশিয়া কাপে টানা চার ফিফটি করা তামিম ইকবাল দুই ম্যাচেই বসে থেকেছেন হোটেলে! এ জন্য বাংলাদেশের ক্লাব ভিক্টোরিয়া পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সের কর্তৃপক্ষের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ করে তামিমকে ছেড়ে দেওয়ার অনুরোধও জানিয়েছে। কিন্তু পুনে তাঁকে ছাড়ছে না। এদিকে রাইডারের ফর্মও ভয়ংকর খারাপ। তাহলে কি তামিমকে আইপিএলে দেখা যাবে শিগগিরই? সে কারণেই কি ভিক্টোরিয়ার অনুরোধ আমলে নিচ্ছে না পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্স? পুনের অপারেশন ম্যানেজার দীপ দাশগুপ্তর মন্তব্য সে আশা বাড়িয়ে দিয়েছে, 'ভিক্টোরিয়া তামিমকে ফিরিয়ে দেওয়ার প্রস্তাব দিয়েছিল। কিন্তু আইপিএলের মাঝপথে কোনো ক্রিকেটারকে কি ছাড়া যায়? তামিম দলে আছে, সেরা একাদশের ভাবনাতেও আছে। এখন ওকে ছাড়ার প্রশ্নই আসছে না।'
টানা দুই ম্যাচ জয়ের পর পরশু কিংস ইলেভেন পাঞ্জাবের কাছে মাত্র ১১৫ রানে গুটিয়ে যাওয়ায় পুনের দুর্বল ব্যাটিং লাইনআপের ছবিটা বেরিয়ে পড়েছে আরো। এ ম্যাচে তারা হেরেছে ৭ উইকেটে। ২৫ রানে ৫ উইকেট নিয়ে ম্যাচসেরা হয়েছেন মাসকারেনহাস। পুনেকে আবার জয়ের ধারায় ফেরাতে যে টপঅর্ডারের জ্বলে ওঠার বিকল্প নেই, অধিনায়ক সৌরভ গাঙ্গুলীও তা স্বীকার করে নিয়েছেন। ওয়েবসাইট

Old April 13, 2012, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Ganguly should kick that fatso psycho Ryder out and pick a 'less fat' player like Tamim who can atleast bat.
Old April 13, 2012, 02:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

http://www.shamokal.com/

পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সের কাছে ভিক্টোরিয়ার প্রস্তাব
তামিমকে ফিরিয়ে দাও

সঞ্জয় সাহা পিয়াল
চিৎকার করে তো আর বলা যাবে না_ জেসি রাইডারের চেয়ে তামিম ইকবাল ভালো ফর্মে আছে। গায়ের জোরেও পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সের ভ্রম ভাঙানো যাবে না। বলা যাবে না, তামিমকে কেন খেলানো হচ্ছে না? কেন তাকে হোটেলে রেখেই দল খেলতে যাচ্ছে? হতে পারে, তামিম তাদের কাছে ব্যাকআপ ওপেনার, হতে পারে সৌরভ গাঙ্গুলির কম্বিনেশনে ঠাঁই হাচ্ছে না তামিমের। পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সে তামিম যতই উপেক্ষিত হোক না কেন, বাংলাদেশে তামিম ইকবাল যে কোনো দলের জন্য রত্ন। আর তাই তামিমকে পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সের কাছে ফেরত চাইল ভিক্টোরিয়া স্পোর্টিং। ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ারে তামিমের ক্লাব ভিক্টোরিয়ার পক্ষ থেকে পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সের সঙ্গে যোগাযোগ করা হয়েছে। এবং তারা সরাসরি তামিমকে ফেরত পাঠানোর প্রস্তাব দিয়েছে। যা শুনে প্রথমে গা না লাগালেও একটি ম্যাচ হারার পর পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্স থেকে জানিয়ে দেওয়া হয়েছে_ টুর্নামেন্ট চলাকালে তামিমকে ফেরত দেওয়া সম্ভব নয়। 'তামিম যেহেতু বসেই রয়েছে। তাকে খেলানো হচ্ছে না, এমনকি মাঠেও নিয়ে যাওয়া হচ্ছে না। তাই আমরা পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সকে প্রস্তাব দিয়েছি যেন তাকে ফেরত দেওয়া হয়। তাহলে আমরা প্রিমিয়ার লীগে তাকে খেলাতে পারি।' ভিক্টোরিয়া স্পোর্টিংয়ের গভর্নিং বডির চেয়ারম্যান লুৎফর রহমান বাদল অপেক্ষায় আছেন পুনের কাছ থেকে সরকারিভাবে তার প্রস্তাবের উত্তর জানার। 'পুনের পক্ষ থেকে এখনও সেভাবে কিছু জানানো হয়নি আমাদের। তবে তারা কালকের (আজ) ম্যাচের পর সিদ্ধান্ত জানাবেন বলে সময় চেয়েছেন।'
যদিও পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সের ক্রিকেট অপারেশন্স ম্যানেজার দীপ দাশগুপ্ত পরিষ্কার জানিয়ে দিয়েছেন, তামিমকে ফেরত দেওয়া সম্ভব নয়। 'ঢাকার ক্লাব ভিক্টোরিয়ার কাছ থেকে এমন একটা প্রস্তাব পেয়েছি আমরা। কিন্তু টুর্নামেন্টের মাঝপথে কোনো ক্রিকেটারকে এভাবে ছাড়া যায় না। তামিম এখন আমাদের দলের সদস্য। তা ছাড়া সে আমাদের একাদশের ভাবনাতেও আছে। এখন তাই তাকে ছাড়ার প্রশ্ন নেই।' দীপ দাশগুপ্তের যুক্তি মেনে নিলে পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সের হাতে থাকা ১৩টি ম্যাচের কোনোটিতে হয়তো খেলানো হবে তামিমকে। কিন্তু দিনের পর দিন এভাবে হোটেলে বসিয়ে রাখার ব্যাপারটি মোটেও মানতে পারছেন না তামিম ভক্তরা। এমন নয় যে, তার বদলে যাকে ওপেন করতে নামানো হয়েছে সেই জেসি রাইডার আহামরি কিছু করে যাচ্ছেন। দুটি ম্যাচে জেসি রাইডার মোট ১৫ রান করেছেন। তবে বৃহস্পতিবার রাতে পাঞ্জাবের কাছে হেরে যাওয়ার পর পুনে ওয়ারিয়র্সের টিম কম্বিনেশন পরিবর্তনের ইঙ্গিত আছে। আজ নিজেদের মাঠে তাদের ম্যাচ চেন্নাই সুপার কিংসের বিপক্ষে। এ ম্যাচে তামিমকে দেখার সম্ভাবনা কম থাকলেও একেবারে বাতিল করে দেওয়া যাচ্ছে না।
যাকে নিয়ে এসব হচ্ছে সেই তামিম কিন্তু এভাবে হাল ছাড়তে নারাজ। কলকাতার একটি দৈনিকে তিনি পরিষ্কার জানিয়ে দিয়েছেন, ম্যাচ না খেলে তিনি ঢাকা ফিরবেন না। 'দলের সঙ্গেই তো আছি। নিয়মিত অনুশীলনও করে যাচ্ছি। হয়তো দলের কম্বিনেশনে এসে গেলে ম্যাচও খেলতে পারব। তাই এখনই দেশে ফিরে যাচ্ছি না।' পুনেতে সাপোর্টিং স্টাফদের সঙ্গেই সময় কাটাচ্ছেন তামিম। তাকে ফেরত চেয়ে আবেদন করলেও ভিক্টোরিয়াও নিশ্চিত নয়, আদতে ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার লীগ হবে কি-না। মোহাম্মদ ইউসুফের ছাড়পত্র নিয়ে এখনও ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার লীগে ক্লাবগুলোর মধ্যে জটলা বেঁধে আছে। এ অবস্থায় কেনই বা তামিমকে চাওয়া হলো পুনের কাছে? 'লীগ হবে কি-না বুঝতে পারছি না। তবে লীগ শুরুর প্রস্তুতি নিয়ে রাখছি আমরা।
'যেহেতু তামিম সেখানে খেলছেন না, তাকে নামানো হচ্ছে না, তাই আমরা আবেদন করেছি তাকে ফিরে পাওয়ার। এখন সেটা পুনের ওপর নির্ভর করছে, তারা ছাড়বে কি-না।' ভিক্টোরিয়া কর্মকর্তার কথাতে স্পষ্ট দেশের প্রিয় ক্রিকেটারকে উপেক্ষা করার ব্যাপারটি তাদেরও ব্যথিত করেছে।

Old April 13, 2012, 02:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Lol. Masterstroke from Tamim? Atleast Pune officials would know he is not a helpless orphan. Other clubs would pick him up in a heartbeat.
Old April 13, 2012, 03:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Hopefully Tamim does get a chance in tomorrow's match. They lost last match and their batting has struggled in every game. Ryder has also proved to be a liability in RBW and also his fielding.
Old April 13, 2012, 03:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

kalke Tamim ke namate pare

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old April 13, 2012, 06:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib & Tamim

Warriors too brandish a long batting order but a lot could depend on how their batsmen handle Super Kings spinners, who have blown hot and cold in the tournament till now. Pune's bowling has kept the opposition under control but they could face a tough test on Saturday. Meanwhile, the wait for Tamim Iqbal's debut match continues. Could it be this game?
Old April 14, 2012, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

I liked his small interview (middle of Chennai super kings vs Pune Warriors) just while ago when he mentioned and backed-up Rahim and Nasir for next IPL contender/attraction from Bangladesh..