facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 16, 2012, 10:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^^ Jhorna bhai o ar available nai. Swift chole gele ar kake nibo?
Old April 16, 2012, 10:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

This is what Law's gonna do now

Law to leave Bangladesh for academy role
Jesse Hogan
April 17, 2012

DECORATED former Queensland batsman Stuart Law has shelved his immediate international coaching career to return to Australia in a key development role.

Law yesterday announced he was quitting as head coach of Bangladesh for family reasons. When he returns in July to Australia to live in Australia - after an eight-year stint in England and the subcontinent - The Age believes he is set to become the new deputy to Centre of Excellence head coach Troy Cooley.

The 44-year-old's tenure at the helm of Bangladesh began in July last year and was said to be on a two-year term.

It included leading the Tigers to the final of the Asia Cup ODI tournament last month, where it narrowly lost to Pakistan.

Law yesterday announced his resignation, "with great regret and a heavy heart".

His decision shocked the Bangladesh Cricket Board, although a spokesman told ESPNcricinfo said its disappointment was tempered by the understanding he was prioritising his family.

Law, a long-time captain of Queensland, played one Test and 54 ODIs for Australia as a batsman between 1994 and 1999. He has not lived in Australia since early 2004, when he ended his first-class career here after the Bulls' Sheffield Shield final loss to Victoria.

Since then, he and his family have predominantly lived in England, where his wife was born, as he concluded his playing career in the county system.

He also had a stint on the coaching staff of Sri Lanka, including as its caretaker head coach, but quit and moved to Bangladesh when Sri Lanka's board dithered over making a full-time appointment.

Cricket Australia has been very interested in appointing Law. His decision to return to his home city of Brisbane is timely, and his mooted position would be at the renamed cricket academy at Allan Border Field rather than CA headquarters in Melbourne.

Meanwhile, Bangladesh's decision to participate in a lightning tour of Pakistan next month will not increase the possibility of Australia playing in the unsettled country later this year.

The Asian nations' cricket boards have agreed to play two matches in Lahore: an ODI on April 29 and a Twenty20 International the following day.

The matches will be the first internationals played in Pakistan since Sri Lanka's players were injured in an attack by terrorist gunmen in March 2009. Since then, all of Pakistan's designated home series have been played at neutral venues.

Pakistan is designated to host Australia for a limited-overs series - likely five ODIs and a T20I - from late August.

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/...416-1x3zg.html
Old April 16, 2012, 10:57 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

That poll thread. That's why he's leaving. Simple
Old April 16, 2012, 11:02 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

If he ends up noy touring pak, then I do believe it has to do with kamal. Because the while rumor started when the Oak tour deal was in talk. Obviously it was "you stop or I quit." And he can't say it out loud, that will just get him in trouble.

I hope once he goes home he reveals the truth. Unmask everything.
Old April 16, 2012, 12:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag

thanks for your contribution mr. Law!
best of luck!!
Old April 16, 2012, 01:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Shob kisu te Kamal ke blame na korle hoi na?
Old April 16, 2012, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Wow so Law left a international HC job to go and become deputy head of the Aus academy. Jamie became coach of one of the bottom-ranked NZ domestic teams. And Whatmore got rejected by India and Pakistan and had to settle for being head of the Indian academy immediately after leaving us. Just shows how the rest of the world values coaching Bangladesh.
Old April 16, 2012, 02:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

A big percentage of people here should be reasonably happy now as they had been complaining about Law from the very start as he doesn't talk much.

It's a sad day for me. I liked Law from the very start. Best wishes for him.
Old April 16, 2012, 02:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Wow so Law left a international HC job to go and become deputy head of the Aus academy. Jamie became coach of one of the bottom-ranked NZ domestic teams. And Whatmore got rejected by India and Pakistan and had to settle for being head of the Indian academy immediately after leaving us. Just shows how the rest of the world values coaching Bangladesh.
Seems like a death knell for any coach!
Buyer Beware!
Old April 16, 2012, 02:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

‘I will miss them a hell of a lot’

Stuart Law resigned as the head coach of Bangladesh after being with the team for nine months on Monday. The Australian talks to the media about the reasons behind his decision and what he is taking back with him from Bangladesh.
Q: When did you decide that you will leave?
Law: It wasn’t decided on the spot. It took a lot of consideration and to-ing and fro-ing in my mind to come to the decision. I didn’t want to go, but once family matters start cropping up, family comes first and that’s what I’ve done.
Q: Feel unfulfilled as a coach because just when things seemed to fall into places you are leaving?
Law: We were just sitting in there with the cricket that is scheduled for next few months. It is an exciting times for Bangladesh. The boys will play tough games of cricket in different parts of the world where they probably haven’t seen before. That is going to be a fantastic learning curve for them, not only cricket-wise but see what the world has to offer. We have put some things in place, but unfortunately I won’t be there. Sometimes these things can’t be helped.
Q: How was the journey since the Zimbabwe tour to Asia Cup?
Law: As a coach you’re not going to walk in and have success immediately. You have to work out how the players respond in certain pressure situations. You have to work out how to treat them, you can’t treat everybody the same. It is totally different than how you treat people in other parts of the world. I think to gain trust between me and the players; there were a lot of things, not just one or two. But it is disappointing now that since we started to see the plans come into fruition, what we talk about being acted out in the field. The boys are listening and responding and respecting the way we are talking about our cricket.
Q: What would be your message to the boys?
Law: As I have always said, near enough is not good enough. You’re never good enough. You always try to be the best you possibly can. I will miss them a hell of a lot and I wish them all the best, but there’s no substitute for hard work.
Q: Is this a group that can be continued with?
Law: It is up to them. Nothing will be handed to them on a plate. A guy like Mashrafe has gone through a lot, seven knee operations, to come this far so he knows the goodness of hard work. He’s a great example for the rest of the boys. Mushy is a fine example of a professional cricketer.
Q: More team than mere individuals?
Law: I am a firm believer that you do have your outstanding performers in the team but that can’t be the one’s you rely on all the time. At some stage they’re going to come up short so that’s when the other players should be ready to take the bull by the horns. As great a player Sakib is, I didn’t want him to be the only player making all the contributions. Sakib and Tamim are the marquee players but the other players have stuck their hand up so that’s what you want to see. I believe there’s a great depth in fast bowling there, nobody believes that. They talk about left-arm spin.
Q: Jamie gave preference to two players where as you always wanted to make it as a team. Is this your method of coaching?
Law: I’m a different personality to Jamie Siddons. The culture we created in Queensland had everyone on equal terms and it was even started to be like this when it came to payments. It was more of a family and that’s what I wanted to create here. You can break off into different groups. The way that superstars are treated in this part of the world, I’ve never seen it before outside this part of the world. To their credit, Sakib and Tamim have gone out of their zone to be part of the team. We saw the rewards of that in the Asia Cup.
Q: Will you continue coaching?
Law: It’s not a done deal for me by any stretch of the imagination. I get a buzz out of watching players replicate what we’ve been talking about. I’m moving back to Brisbane, my hometown. I have applied for a position there so I am just waiting to hear on the outcome of that.
Q: What will you take back from Bangladesh?
Law: I have never seen millions of people so that took a lot of getting used to. All I can see in the street are happy faces. I was told it is a very poor country, but I see everyone going to work happily.

http://newagebd.com/detail.php?date=2012-04-17&nid=7424
Old April 16, 2012, 03:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

Thank you for all the contributions Mr.Law. He is a great coach & motivator. Truly going to miss him.
Old April 16, 2012, 05:18 PM
Cricket Legend

http://www.kalerkantho.com/epaper/20...ges/11_104.jpg
Old April 16, 2012, 08:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
This is not the case here mate.

He did not leave BD HC job to become deputy head coach of an academy. He's been tired of living outside of his home and family for 8 years. Now, he wants to go back to his home (Brisbane) and have a decent job there. That's why he applied for that academy job. Its not that he was more interested in that academy job than in Bangladesh.

In JS and Whatmore's case, both of their contract was expired. Now, whether they became Parar team coach or academy coach is none of our concern.
Old April 17, 2012, 03:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

He could've waited until he gets a confirmation on his application for the new job ...but he didn't. What was the hurry ??

Is it the decision to tour Pakistan? ... Could be one of the underlying causes of leaving or just hastened him to this decision which was otherwise looming in his mind due to other genuine considerations... Anyway, let's see if he tours Pak at the end of this month....to talk about any link with Pak tour...

Any way, We just lost a good coach...
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71

Last edited by BANFAN; April 17, 2012 at 05:02 AM..
Old April 17, 2012, 05:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

Quote:
Australia news

Law takes on Centre of Excellence role

ESPNcricinfo staff
April 17, 2012
Comments: 3 | Login via | Text size: A | A

Stuart Law is looking forward to working with Australia's young cricketers © AFP
Enlarge
Related Links
News : Stuart Law quits as Bangladesh coach
Players/Officials: Stuart Law
Teams: Australia

Stuart Law has been confirmed as the new high performance coach of Australia's Centre of Excellence (COE). Law stepped down from his role as coach of Bangladesh on Monday and his new position will allow him to be based in his home city of Brisbane, where he will be a key assistant to Troy Cooley, the head coach of the COE.
The high performance coach position is a new role that stemmed from the Argus review into Australia's performance. The job involves helping Cooley to provide tactical and technical support and development for Australia's cricketers in both state and national programmes, and Law said he was passionate about developing young players.
"The opportunity to return home to be closer with family and work in Brisbane with Australia's established and emerging talent was too good to pass up," Law said. "As a member of the first intake of the former Cricket Academy, I'm a passionate believer in the COE and look forward to ... [delivering] programs that will develop and prepare players for the challenge of achieving sustained international success.
Law, who played one Test and 54 ODIs for Australia, and 367 first-class matches in a career spanning 20 years, will start his new role after he completes his notice period with Bangladesh. The COE manager, Belinda Clark, said Law's experience as both a player and a coach would make him a valuable acquisition.
"Stuart is a current international coach with recent demonstrable success and we're fortunate to have secured his services in the Australian Cricket landscape," Clark said. "He has experienced success with two international teams, periods that included an ICC Cricket World Cup final appearance with Sri Lanka in 2011 and Bangladesh's first Asia Cup final last month.
"His knowledge of the sub-continent and England, and his experience with Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, will bring a global perspective to the COE."
Edited by Brydon Coverdale

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/561528.html
Old April 17, 2012, 05:15 AM
Banned

and our Bulbul, Salauddins are serving China and Malaysian cricket. (faceplam). kothai jeno poresilam- "Je deshe guni'r kodor hoi na, se deshe guni jonmai na"
Old April 17, 2012, 05:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

tbh.....I want Bulbul to be assistant head coach for the national team....he'll be very valuable to the team because if a new coach comes...it will take some time for him to settle down and adjust to the Bangladesh Cricket system....with the help of Bulbul he will be very much able to achieve it....and heck...bulbul will get the experience to coach the team and will be a valuable motivator for the boys....then he can definitely be a good option to be the head coach in future
Old April 17, 2012, 05:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
and our Bulbul, Salauddins are serving China and Malaysian cricket. (faceplam). kothai jeno poresilam- "Je deshe guni'r kodor hoi na, se deshe guni jonmai na"
Fundamentally a gulf of difference between coaching China / Malaysia and coaching Bangladesh. They are doing a great job and Bulbul could be useful with the age groups... But surely not yet for the national team.

More over, an international coach is more preferred by subcontinental teams, because a local coach comes with a lots of other biases, backgrounds, affiliations etc which are detrimental to the formation of a team united for the cause. That's the reason, teams like Ind, Pak, SL despite having many more great cricketers in their own basket, aren't opting for a local coach.
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Old April 17, 2012, 05:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Bulbul could be useful with the age groups
Yep. that's what I meant. We haven't produced that many qualified coaches yet so that we can let them go.
Old April 18, 2012, 03:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

Law chooses family, applies for a CA post
LOKENDRA PRATAP SAHI

Calcutta: Stuart Law, who’d settled in the UK after marrying an Englishwoman, is relocating to where his roots are — Queensland’s capital Brisbane.

Moreover, after deciding to resign as Bangladesh’s coach, Law has applied for a coaching position with Cricket Australia.

Law, 43, confirmed both developments in a chat (from Dhaka) with The Telegraph on Monday evening.

Such a big decision taken, he sounded relaxed.

“As I’ve mentioned in my statement, the decision to quit has wholly been for personal reasons… There’s nothing sinister… No falling out with anybody… I’ll be returning to Australia and hope to remain involved with coaching,” Law said.

He added that the Bangladesh Cricket Board had done everything to make him “feel comfortable.”

Law didn’t say so himself, but it’s learnt that his wife and young son had been absolutely put off during their trip to Bangladesh’s capital some months ago.

They were, apparently, largely confined to Law’s apartment in the upmarket Gulshan area and weren’t impressed with the traffic snarls (among the worst in the world) and the tendency of beggars to almost reach for the pockets of passers-by.

Clearly, it’s not easy for the Westerners to adjust, particularly if there’s no social life, except for interacting with the diplomatic corps.

If a source is to be believed, so “distressed” was Law’s wife that she vowed never to return.

Sooner rather than later, then, the former Australia player had to take a decision. He did so a fortnight ago, even though the announcement was made this afternoon.

As the forthcoming tour of Pakistan falls in Law’s notice period, he’ll be travelling to Lahore with the team.

It was in Law’s tenure, of less than a year, that Bangladesh upset world champions India in the Asia Cup and went on to make the final of the tournament.

Law has strong reasons for leaving, but it has put his employers in somewhat of a fix.

Source
Old April 18, 2012, 04:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Its difficult for families who havent been to this part of this world to adjust. I dont see how people would adjust. It would be hard to go outside and have a good time. They would have to stay in their house all day which is a boring life.
Old April 18, 2012, 04:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
If a source is to be believed, so “distressed” was Law’s wife that she vowed never to return.
I dont blame her
Old April 18, 2012, 09:23 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

How did Law and his family not know that Dhaka would be like this when he signed his employment contract? I think Law has been to Bangladesh before and I'm sure he spoke to some of his Australian friends who have been to BD, before he signed the contract.

Vagaries in surroundings and circumstances should be expected if you are an international coach. It's part and parcel of the gig. Is the situation in Pakistan, with their prohibitions on drinking, the constant threat of terrorism, institutionalized corruption, poor infrastructure, etc any better? Sri Lanka was undergoing civil war till relatively recently. The list goes on. Did that prevent international coaches from fulfilling the terms of their contracts? You shouldn't sign up for the job if you think you can't handle the ancillary conditions.
Old April 18, 2012, 10:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
How did Law and his family not know that Dhaka would be like this when he signed his employment contract? I think Law has been to Bangladesh before and I'm sure he spoke to some of his Australian friends who have been to BD, before he signed the contract.

Vagaries in surroundings and circumstances should be expected if you are an international coach. It's part and parcel of the gig. Is the situation in Pakistan, with their prohibitions on drinking, the constant threat of terrorism, institutionalized corruption, poor infrastructure, etc any better? Sri Lanka was undergoing civil war till relatively recently. The list goes on. Did that prevent international coaches from fulfilling the terms of their contracts? You shouldn't sign up for the job if you think you can't handle the ancillary conditions.
I think she or the family thought Bangladesh is just like India or Sri Lanka.. and if you take out the street conditions of Dhaka, it mostly is. But honestly, Dhaka is where all the cricketing is happening and where most of the international matches take place and it is the ABSOLUTELY MOST ridiculous city in the world with traffic jams, electricity+water+gas+chaos crisis that you would not see in India or Sri Lanka or Pakistan or Nepal or even Bhutan for that matter. ts not about the prohibition of drinking ( that India, Sri Lana doesnt have) or the war ( that was taking place outside of Colombo), its the ability to at least move around the city or do something other than being confined. For foreigners, you are literally confined within one street of Gulshan, 3 major hotels and 2 international clubs and that's not life..The locals can get away with it because they are used to it ( to a certain extent) but for anyone coming from overseas ( even India), Dhaka is not a livable city. Not everyone would be willing to deal with the Dhaka chaos as Siddons or Watmore did... consider carefully, other Aussie coaches also did leave Dhaka for one reason or the other within a year or two!!
Old April 18, 2012, 10:54 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Not that Dhaka's traffic and living condition is any good, but it is just yet another propaganda spread by indian newspaper to belittle Bangladesh. They won't let go any single chance.
As if India is the world of richie rich and they dont have beggers reaching out to the pockets of the foreigners.

Pathetic reporting.

It is just a smear campaign to discourage the prospective coaches to think twice about coming to Bangladesh.

Areh, khut chitaile kauwar obhbhabh hoy na.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]