facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 6, 2012, 03:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Gareth Bale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
WOW! WOW! NO!

I was just sayin I've seen this happen, just like I've seen SOME B'deshis support Pakistan over India. Okay, Maybe I should no longer speak :| :| :|
i was kidding

Old May 6, 2012, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
@Antora,

I don't think Indians care about Bangladesh Hindus, in most of our point of view(there are always few nutcase exceptions) they are Bangladeshi's period. I have seen lot of Bangladeshi's in England as restaurant owners so I know how diverse your community is. So don't take personally when you come across someone who is putting you down because you are from Bangladesh, it might be because of the insecurity he has and to make himself think he is better. Again most Indians are not like that and since India is a very big country our share of nutcases(even-though small in percentage) is higher.
Nicely said

I met few nutcase Indians in my life
I met few nutcase Pakistanies in my life
I met few nutcases Bangladeshi in my life
I met few nutcase Americans in my life

There is and will be a few nutcases everywhere regardless of race, ethnicity or gender.
Old May 6, 2012, 03:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
i was kidding

it still feels like everyone's taking me the worng way :'(

*goes and hides in a little corner*
Old May 6, 2012, 07:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Mighty Yamses, we are weary of building your food pyramid. Let my pickles go!
Old May 6, 2012, 10:10 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Border issues should be sorted out I am with you on that.

Trade is pure selfishness, nobody will give anything for free, for example if Bangladesh produces a soap and India produces a soap of similar nature then there will be competition and you can't expect Indians to refrain from advertising either, it is up to the Bangladesh innovators to bring something fresh and more competitive. I believe BD also has FTP with China? (not sure) believe they are so tough than us, even here Chinese products are flooding and India is unable to control it.

BCCI is not India and they are hated by Indians more than you can even think. Their policy is always go for the money, beat India one more time I am pretty sure they will invite you.

"Indian Channels spoiling the culture" I will not accept this. If you think it spoils more than Star Movies or HBO or Star World or AXN then I don't know what to say. But the onus is on the parents they should restrict children under 15 to watch whatever they want.
I am talking about the black trade market here. Not the legal trade that comes in the proper channel.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:25 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Unfortunately, this is the case. I visit West Bengal every time I visit BD. There is a pretty big demand for the Bangladeshi channels in West Bengal, but Bangladeshi channels are not carried by the cable operators. If you ask me, this is not good business practice (whether done by the business or the authority).

Good BD channels include NTV, Channel I, Ekushey, etc.

Finally, you have been a great member in the forum. My sincere thanks to you as a member (and as a moderator).

Quote:
Bangladeshi channels are not allowed? I doubt it. The thing is even if the channel is allowed I am not sure Indians will watch it beleive me when I say we have more than 100 channels of our own and it is very saturated with all kinds of stuffs. But I don't know why they are not allowed if the news is true. Can you please tell me the famous BD channels?
Old May 7, 2012, 09:04 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
From my observations- please correct me if I'm worng, these are the things I see.
There's one group in Bangladesh who "hate" India, as they are migrants who came during Partition. Then again, there are also a few Bangladeshis who are hindu, ( I don't mean to offend anyone, i'm just saying what I've seen/heard) who will support India over Bangladesh anyday. Again- this arises from the the tensisons of partition. A lot of my family migrated from india and their "hatred" towards India, comes from being minorities.

There's another group who 'hate" India and everything Indian, but can't sleep at night unless they've watched a Hindi serial or Bollywood movies. I've noticed this amongst a lot of people. Especially at dawats. They'll be talking about how much India is "damaging" Bangladesh and are whilling to boycott everything Indian....but will go home and watch Hindi films. Which is something I fail to understand!

Most bangladeshis however, tend to dislike India for 1) political reasons 2) their media and 3)cricket!

1) Political reasons- This seems IMHO to be quiet logical, I mean I'm sure Indians would react the same way if their people were the ones who were dying in border killings. Also for other reasons such as the Tipamukh dam problem and so on.

2) media- I also see this as one of reasons Bangladeshis dislike India. The media is something very powerful which is a representation of your culture, heritage and people. Since most Indian channels are widely available in Bangladesh, most people tend to watch those instead of our channels. which IMO is a shame. Anyway, the indian media, from what I've seen, particularly in their movies, show Muslims as evil people who are disrupting the social order. Its always a Muslim who's shooting someone dead, or bombing a place. Recently on Z Bangla, I've been watching a serial called "keya patar nouka". I've only seen like 5 /6 episodes. but it's about Bangladeshi refugees living in India during the 71 war. Now, what annoys me about this serial is the fact that the Muslim Bangladeshis are being portrayed as low class and evil individuals. It also shows Bangladeshis as incapable of adapting into Kolkata's so called modern society as well as incapable of speaking shuddho Bangla- reinforcing the low class. Now, when Bangladeshis watch this, whether they want to or not, they will unconciously start developing hatred. I mean how can you not? How can one be okay with being portrayed as a terrorist or a low class scum? and since the media represents its people, most bangladeshis watching this, will think that all Indians think like this.

3) cricket- well I used to be the biggest fan of India's cricket team, during the time of shourav Ganguly, Anil Kumble etc. However india's attitude towards Bangladesh cricket team is again a cause for "hatred".

These are the things I've observed. if you ask me, I don't "hate" Indians. I have Indian friends and they are lovely. What I do dislike however is as I've mentioned above, is the media, the attitude towards our cricket team and the border killings as well as other political factors. I guess the same can be said for a lot of other countries. However, since India is our neighbour and we're stuck together whether we like it or not, I guess makes it easier for us to criticise one another.

Also I hope my post has not offended anyone. As I've mentioned before, what I've written is basically, what I've seen and heard and you're welcome to correct me if I'm worng.
tldr:

...the iRony...no that's not Bimzz nickname
Old May 7, 2012, 09:45 AM
MLC World Series I

Oh boy, been with the Indians all my life, here it is though

2. The People in General
3. The way Secularism is practised(in most of the states)
4. Indian Women(not Bollywood)
5. Culture & Heritage and how much they do to preserve it!
6. The exponential progress of the country in general
7. The IT industry
8. Patriotism(to a certain extent)
9. Old Monk

Dislikes
1. Regionalism(The divide between North Indians vs South Indians is immense, I dont get their, Unity in Diversity, when there is so much of bias amongst each other, but in the end they somehow rise to support India, always found this confusing)
2. Indian Govt.
3. BCCI
4. 'Some' people esp. in Hyderabad & Kashmir have more affection for Pakistan than India, and I've noticed it first hand
5. The general flawed perception about Bangladesh, like, we eat fish 24/7, we are under water 365 days a year, we're inferior as we're a poor-ridden country, we cannot speak English
6. Media
7. Border Issues
8. The Immigration officers treatment towards the Bangladeshis.

Well these are the one's that come to mind, from my 18 years experience with the Indians.