facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 18, 2012, 05:53 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,446
Default Your Fielding XI (2012)

Make a team out of the best XI fielders who are still playing international matches in 2012. (There should be an appropriate combination of batsmen, bowlers and wicket-keeper just as there would be in a real team)

Where would they field? Why did you choose them? Whose team do you think would win an ODI?

My ODI Fielder's XI:

1. Martin Guptill (NZ) (In the circle)
2. Kumar Sangakarra (SL) (WK)
3. AB De Villiers (RSA) (In the circle, point)
4. Ricky Ponting (AUS) (In the circle)
5. Michael Clarke (AUS) (C) (In the circle, Slips)
6. Michael Hussey (AUS) (Outfield)
7. Shakib al Hasan (BD) (Outfield)
8. Kieron Pollard (WI) (Outfield)
9. Tim Southee (NZ) (Outfield)
10. Dale Steyn (RSA) (Outfield)
11. James Anderson (ENG) (In the circle)

Squad Members:
12. Virat Kohli (IND) (In the circle)
13. David Warner (AUS) (Outfield)
14. Brendon McCullum (NZ) (Back up WK)
15. Tillakaratne Dilshan (SL) (In the circle)

**I was thinking of taking McCullum or Dilshan instead of Sangakarra but I don't think there is a need for two explosive batsmen at the top of the order. It also gives a Right hand-left hand combo at the top.

The selection of Shakib is indicative of a bit of personal bias but I needed a spinner and he also has a bullet arm from the deep. I would be tempted to replace Pollard with Matthews (SL) though.
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old February 18, 2012, 05:59 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Gareth Bale
Posts: 5,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Make a team out of the best XI fielders who are still playing international matches in 2012. (There should be an appropriate combination of batsmen, bowlers and wicket-keeper just as there would be in a real team)

Where would they field? Why did you choose them? Whose team do you think would win an ODI?

My ODI Fielder's XI:

1. Martin Guptill (NZ) (In the circle)
2. Kumar Sangakarra (SL) (WK)
3. AB De Villiers (RSA) (In the circle, point)
4. Ricky Ponting (AUS) (In the circle)
5. Michael Clarke (AUS) (C) (In the circle, Slips)
6. Michael Hussey (AUS) (Outfield)
7. Shakib al Hasan (BD) (Outfield)
8. Kieron Pollard (WI) (Outfield)
9. Tim Southee (NZ) (Outfield)
10. Dale Steyn (RSA) (Outfield)
11. James Anderson (ENG) (In the circle)

Squad Members:
12. Virat Kohli (IND) (In the circle)
13. David Warner (AUS) (Outfield)
14. Brendon McCullum (NZ) (Back up WK)
15. Tillakaratne Dilshan (SL) (In the circle)

**I was thinking of taking McCullum or Dilshan instead of Sangakarra but I don't think there is a need for two explosive batsmen at the top of the order. It also gives a Right hand-left hand combo at the top.

The selection of Shakib is indicative of a bit of personal bias but I needed a spinner and he also has a bullet arm from the deep. I would be tempted to replace Pollard with Matthews (SL) though.
I would say Nasir Hossain is the best fieldsman in Bangladesh.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Last edited by BengaliPagol; February 18, 2012 at 07:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old February 18, 2012, 06:07 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,446

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I would say Nasir Hossain is a best fieldsman in Bangladesh.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
And I would agree. Nasir is electric in the field (I think Shuvo is also a good ground fielder.) But it would have to be an XI that is competitive as an actual team, not just a collection of fielders. That's why I chose Shakib over Nasir - Nasir is still a raw batsman and is miles behind Shakib as a spinner. Shakib generally has a safe pair of hands, is quick and has a powerful throwing arm.

This is not to say that Nasir wouldn't be in such an XI in the near future...
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old February 18, 2012, 06:25 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Location: Home of the Brave
Posts: 10,645

Ponting and Hussey has been dropping catches that should've been taken by their standards. They are still decent, but not in their prime.

My Squad:

Martin Guptil
David Warner/ B McCullum (if Kohli plays)
Kumar Sangakara/ Virat Kohli
Ab de Villiers
Mahela Jayawardene/ Suresh Raina
Francois du Plessis
Angelo Mathews
Nathan McCullum/ Nasir Hossain
James Anderson
Dale Styen
Tim Southee
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old February 18, 2012, 06:28 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Location: Home of the Brave
Posts: 10,645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
And I would agree. Nasir is electric in the field (I think Shuvo is also a good ground fielder.) But it would have to be an XI that is competitive as an actual team, not just a collection of fielders. That's why I chose Shakib over Nasir - Nasir is still a raw batsman and is miles behind Shakib as a spinner. Shakib generally has a safe pair of hands, is quick and has a powerful throwing arm.

This is not to say that Nasir wouldn't be in such an XI in the near future...
But it is a fielding XI? So fielding is the main priority, other skills 2nd.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old February 18, 2012, 06:54 PM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,703

Yeah Nasir and Shuvo are our best fielders !!! Tamim was very good too ... But of course Shakub should get selected ahead of any of our BD player !!! He just adds sooo much to a team !!!
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old February 19, 2012, 01:32 AM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Location: Home of the Brave
Posts: 10,645

HANG ON! This isn't over yet! We are forgetting one of the best! Probably the best fielder from the subcon, of ALL era. Hello? Shahid Afridi! And he is a good alr!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Ponting and Hussey has been dropping catches that should've been taken by their standards. They are still decent, but not in their prime.

My Squad:

Martin Guptil
David Warner/ B McCullum (if Kohli plays)
Kumar Sangakara/ Virat Kohli
Ab de Villiers
Mahela Jayawardene/ Suresh Raina
Francois du Plessis
Angelo Mathews
Nathan McCullum/ Nasir Hossain Shahid Afridi
James Anderson
Dale Styen
Tim Southee

Last edited by Dilscoop; February 19, 2012 at 03:11 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old May 9, 2012, 07:36 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,032

kallis is a top quality slip fielder, steve smith is an awesome fielder to.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old May 9, 2012, 01:14 PM
Maysun's Avatar
Maysun Maysun is offline
MLC World Series I
 
Join Date: April 11, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 5,835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Make a team out of the best XI fielders who are still playing international matches in 2012. (There should be an appropriate combination of batsmen, bowlers and wicket-keeper just as there would be in a real team)

Where would they field? Why did you choose them? Whose team do you think would win an ODI?

My ODI Fielder's XI:

1. Martin Guptill (NZ) (In the circle)
2. Kumar Sangakarra (SL) (WK)
3. AB De Villiers (RSA) (In the circle, point)
4. Ricky Ponting (AUS) (In the circle)
5. Michael Clarke (AUS) (C) (In the circle, Slips)
6. Michael Hussey (AUS) (Outfield)
7. Shakib al Hasan (BD) (Outfield)
8. Kieron Pollard (WI) (Outfield)
9. Tim Southee (NZ) (Outfield)
10. Dale Steyn (RSA) (Outfield)
11. James Anderson (ENG) (In the circle)

Squad Members:
12. Virat Kohli (IND) (In the circle)
13. David Warner (AUS) (Outfield)
14. Brendon McCullum (NZ) (Back up WK)
15. Tillakaratne Dilshan (SL) (In the circle)

**I was thinking of taking McCullum or Dilshan instead of Sangakarra but I don't think there is a need for two explosive batsmen at the top of the order. It also gives a Right hand-left hand combo at the top.

The selection of Shakib is indicative of a bit of personal bias but I needed a spinner and he also has a bullet arm from the deep. I would be tempted to replace Pollard with Matthews (SL) though.
Hmm don't you think Ponting and Clarke coming in at #4 & #5 is a tad lower down for those two in an ODI? Ideally should be at #3 & #4. And I'd pick Dhoni up, because I haven't seen anyone that quick with their keeping. And maybe he is out of touch with his batting, but he runs like a horse between the wickets.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old May 9, 2012, 01:37 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,446

^^ That's a fair point. Might have to switch out Sangakarra for Dhoni. Would need someone to replace him as an opener - De Villiers?

On current batting form, Hussey might not make it into a 2012 Fielding XI as there are fielders just as good as him who are in better batting form. Maybe Kohli could come in?
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old May 9, 2012, 05:32 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 1,778

H.Amla
JP Duminy
AB De Villiers
Ponting
P.Collingwood
MS Dhoni
K.Pollard
D.Bravo
M.Hussey
D. Steyn
W. Parnell

My fielding XI beats all other fielding XIs.
__________________
His excellency, Shere Bangla, descendent of Tipu Sultan, the Uniter of the Two Bengals, the Wily Bengali, the prince of all things cool, I present you Roey Haque the 1st.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old May 9, 2012, 08:04 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
H.Amla
JP Duminy
AB De Villiers
Ponting
P.Collingwood
MS Dhoni
K.Pollard
D.Bravo
M.Hussey
D. Steyn
W. Parnell

My fielding XI beats all other fielding XIs.
With just two proper bowlers?! You'll have to have Pollard, Bravo, Collingwood and Duminy share 30 overs between them! They'll be smacked all over the place. Even the teams great fielding won't be able to stop that :p

Also, Mike Hussey at No.10?!?
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old May 9, 2012, 08:51 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 1,778

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
With just two proper bowlers?! You'll have to have Pollard, Bravo, Collingwood and Duminy share 30 overs between them! They'll be smacked all over the place. Even the teams great fielding won't be able to stop that :p

Also, Mike Hussey at No.10?!?
What you talking about? Collingwood, Hussey and Pollard will strangle any line ups. Especially with the top notch fielding around. And considering how deep we bat, we can afford to get smacked a little.
__________________
His excellency, Shere Bangla, descendent of Tipu Sultan, the Uniter of the Two Bengals, the Wily Bengali, the prince of all things cool, I present you Roey Haque the 1st.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old May 10, 2012, 12:10 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,805

You gotto go for Steven Smith. This Guy is a real superman in the field.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old May 10, 2012, 02:13 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Gareth Bale
Posts: 5,044

steve smith is a gun on the field.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old May 10, 2012, 02:19 AM
Maysun's Avatar
Maysun Maysun is offline
MLC World Series I
 
Join Date: April 11, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 5,835

David Warner
AB
Kohli
Clarke
Shakib
D.Hussey
Pollard
M.Dhoni
Afridi
Steyn
Lee

Lee, Steyn, Afridi, Shakib front line bowlers. Pollard, D.Hussey, Clarke & Kohli can share 10 overs between them.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old May 13, 2012, 10:40 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
What you talking about? Collingwood, Hussey and Pollard will strangle any line ups. Especially with the top notch fielding around. And considering how deep we bat, we can afford to get smacked a little.
You mentioned Mike Hussey in your batting line up. He's a part-timer at best! A team, no matter how good their batsmen are, need a few good bowlers to back them up. Collingwood and Pollard would be fodder for any ideal XI facing them.
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old May 13, 2012, 10:43 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,446

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
David Warner
AB
Kohli
Clarke
Shakib
D.Hussey
Pollard
M.Dhoni
Afridi
Steyn
Lee

Lee, Steyn, Afridi, Shakib front line bowlers. Pollard, D.Hussey, Clarke & Kohli can share 10 overs between them.
This looks like a good team - they can bat all the way down to Lee! Though Anderson may be a good substitute for Lee as a bowler and fielder as he's in better form, is younger and a great fielder.

You could throw in Warner as a part timer as well since he bowled some wicket taking overs against the W. Indes =p
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket