facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 24, 2012, 02:00 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689
Default CONGRATZ ZIM- Winner of Tri Series

Congratulations to Zimbabwe for winning the final of tri series. It was a thumping victory...

Losing the first match against this crap SA team cost us one extra match practice. We have only ourselves to blame for that. We over estimated them too much and bowled crap.


Quote:
Post Match Presentation:

Man of the match Brendan Taylor: It's a huge feeling to beat a quality team. It shows us that we are heading in the right direction and we've been putting in the hard yards. We know we are a team that needs to put in a bit extra and we did.

Man of the Series Hamilton Masakadza: I am ecstatic, over the moon. All the hard work is paying off. We just kept thinking hang in there and stay calm. BT and I knew the longer we stayed together, the closer we would get to the total.

Hashim Amla: From the start we had, 146 was a good defendable score. It's quite disappointing but hats off to Zimbabwe, they deserved to win. We knew what the squad for Sri Lanka will be, this is a good indicator to selectors. It was challenging, similar to what we could expect in Sri Lanka, a worthy exercise and hopefully we walk away with some hard lessons learnt.

Zimbabwe are in the same group as South Africa in the World T20. They beat them twice in this tournament, although bear in mind that South Africa were without many of their first choice players.

Memories of August last year when Zimbabwe beat Bangladesh in their Test comeback. Zimbabwe's players embark on a lap of honour with their flag and the crowd runs onto the field with them. This is not a pitch invasion, they are hugging their players in joy and quickly clear out. It's a beautiful day to be in Harare and a special time to be one of the Zimbabwean XI. This is what cricket is about. Enjoy!
[Sorry couldn't find a thread on today's final of Tri Series..]
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71

Last edited by BANFAN; June 24, 2012 at 05:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old June 24, 2012, 03:03 PM
Purbasha T Purbasha T is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 26, 2008
Location: London
Favorite Player: Saudi Capital
Posts: 6,985

I thought it was tomorrow!! Even more surprising was SA's demolition to Zim!! Well done.
__________________
Man is here.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 24, 2012, 03:46 PM
Kohli_Sox Kohli_Sox is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 30, 2012
Posts: 1,302

Masakadza is a rising force in T20 cricket. Good luck to him
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old June 24, 2012, 03:49 PM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,915

They "had a point to prove" and have proven it with style!

That's the fruit of "We are taking these as full-on, serious games", above.
__________________
I Want to Believe
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old June 24, 2012, 04:10 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,477

Congrats Zim
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old June 24, 2012, 05:03 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 21,139

I think ZIM are becoming a force at home. They destroyed India and Sri Lanka A teams in 2010 when they were still in the Test cricket wilderness. They are no longer the pushovers we would crush 4-1 home and away.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old June 24, 2012, 05:36 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I think ZIM are becoming a force at home. They destroyed India and Sri Lanka A teams in 2010 when they were still in the Test cricket wilderness. They are no longer the pushovers we would crush 4-1 home and away.
indeed. They should play more tests though, We should invite them for a series in Dhaka(Test Series).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old June 24, 2012, 06:01 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I think ZIM are becoming a force at home. They destroyed India and Sri Lanka A teams in 2010 when they were still in the Test cricket wilderness. They are no longer the pushovers we would crush 4-1 home and away.
There is no doubt that they look a much more improved team, specially at home. But I think they still lack depth, like in this series, if Masakadza would fail, they could look totally different.
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old June 24, 2012, 07:32 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
There is no doubt that they look a much more improved team, specially at home. But I think they still lack depth, like in this series, if Masakadza would fail, they could look totally different.
Nonetheless, They still have the vast experience of B. Taylor, E. Chigumbura and Prosper Utseya and Ray Price. I wish T. Taibu would return to the lineup, Taibu is vastly talented.

I think they beat New Zealand very recently.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old June 24, 2012, 08:08 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,814

Congrats.

To say it was SA 3rd string team would be to take credit from both Zim and us.

It's not our fault that they didn't bring a top squad. On paper it says SA, and SA it is.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old June 24, 2012, 08:49 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Definitely can't take anything away anything from BD and Zim....

SA was crap, bcoz they failed to put up a decent team in absence of kallis, AB de villiers, smith, morne morkel, dayle steyn, botha etc...
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old June 24, 2012, 08:53 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Definitely can't take anything away anything from BD and Zim....

SA was crap, bcoz they failed to put up a decent team in absence of kallis, AB de villiers, smith, morne morkel, dayle steyn, botha etc...
Anyone can play that game. Sehwag was missing from Asia Cup. What ifs...what ifs...jodir kotha nodite bhai.

The argument ASSUMES if a stronger side came, they'd win. Why assume that? A stronger side - although has higher probability of winning- does not mean they won't lose any given day.

So by that logic, why bother watching a cricket match? Just look at stats of probability of a team winning and go to bed.

Don't be a buzzkill.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old June 24, 2012, 09:03 PM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Congrats.

To say it was SA 3rd string team would be to take credit from both Zim and us.

It's not our fault that they didn't bring a top squad. On paper it says SA, and SA it is.
Well said.
__________________
I Want to Believe
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old June 24, 2012, 11:01 PM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,383

Its good to see how players whom we considered 'Ashraful' of Zim likes of Masa, Sibanda, Matsi have performed brilliantly and consistently.


PS: sorry to bring 'Ash' here
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old June 25, 2012, 05:23 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Anyone can play that game. Sehwag was missing from Asia Cup. What ifs...what ifs...jodir kotha nodite bhai.

The argument ASSUMES if a stronger side came, they'd win. Why assume that? A stronger side - although has higher probability of winning- does not mean they won't lose any given day.

So by that logic, why bother watching a cricket match? Just look at stats of probability of a team winning and go to bed.

Don't be a buzzkill.
It wasnt one player missing.... Kallis, Smith, Devilliets, Steyn, Botha and at least a couple others. So that's top three in the batting order and leagues apart in quality from the guys who played in top order, except Levi, Duminy ... That makes a whole lot of difference. -- thats why you can make reasoable assumption basing on facts that it wouod be tough to defeat this time. And their is a difference between intentionally Fielding a weaker side and unable to field a better player. India was unable.

Yes we have beaten this team with them in the team in Odis and we could have done so even in T20. ... That's the reason that I like to watch the match instead of hitting the bed after seeing the team list ....

Officially: it will be recorded as a victory against SA in unofficial T20
UN officially: every cricket expert, players and most fans will add this lejoor; SA rested most of their big names.

It doesn't take away anything from us, we can definitely celebrate, but we can't be ecstatic about it and be complacent with this victory, coz we know we have to play better to beat the full team. WI main team has shown it to us in WC, now none even talks about that WI series win loudly, although it's still officially recorded as a series win for BD. Shakib in his recent interview described that test series win as one of the best memories, but also didn't forget to put a side note on the absence of the key player. The day we beat the team with their best team that they can field, we have the right to be ecstatic with and feel a moment of greater pride in it.

Are you feeling as much happy as you would have felt if we would have beaten them with these guys in the team ??

If you say yes..you are being a nut...!!
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old June 26, 2012, 04:54 PM
Kohli_Sox Kohli_Sox is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 30, 2012
Posts: 1,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
It wasnt one player missing.... Kallis, Smith, Devilliets, Steyn, Botha and at least a couple others. So that's top three in the batting order and leagues apart in quality from the guys who played in top order, except Levi, Duminy ... That makes a whole lot of difference. -- thats why you can make reasoable assumption basing on facts that it wouod be tough to defeat this time. And their is a difference between intentionally Fielding a weaker side and unable to field a better player. India was unable.

Yes we have beaten this team with them in the team in Odis and we could have done so even in T20. ... That's the reason that I like to watch the match instead of hitting the bed after seeing the team list ....

Officially: it will be recorded as a victory against SA in unofficial T20
UN officially: every cricket expert, players and most fans will add this lejoor; SA rested most of their big names.

It doesn't take away anything from us, we can definitely celebrate, but we can't be ecstatic about it and be complacent with this victory, coz we know we have to play better to beat the full team. WI main team has shown it to us in WC, now none even talks about that WI series win loudly, although it's still officially recorded as a series win for BD. Shakib in his recent interview described that test series win as one of the best memories, but also didn't forget to put a side note on the absence of the key player. The day we beat the team with their best team that they can field, we have the right to be ecstatic with and feel a moment of greater pride in it.

Are you feeling as much happy as you would have felt if we would have beaten them with these guys in the team ??

If you say yes..you are being a nut...!!
You are saying Kallis, Smith, Steyn, De Villiers and Botha (couple others I assume Morne Morkel, maybe Duminy in some matches) alright; now for Kallis, Steyn and Smith- these three guys are one of the best Test players and they care very little about T20 cricket unless there is something big in it- SA in future will hardly get Kallis, Steyn and Smith play T20s even if they all are fit and free. Maximum time SA T20 team will be without Kallis, Steyn and Smith and everytime people going to say SA fielding a weaker team? Now that leaves us with De Villiers in batting. I have no clue what one man De Villiers could change the course of batting in all games- yes maybe it's possible but not for granted. In spin department- how one man Botha could change the course of bowling Now Morne Morkel who showed some form only in IPL as per T20 cricket goes (now do SA rely so heavily on Morne Morkel that they lost because they missed Morne Morkel). The team that SA played here is more or less will be featuring in future T20s. Besides, more or less this is the team that played against New Zealand also.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old June 26, 2012, 06:26 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
You are saying Kallis, Smith, Steyn, De Villiers and Botha (couple others I assume Morne Morkel, maybe Duminy in some matches) alright; now for Kallis, Steyn and Smith- these three guys are one of the best Test players and they care very little about T20 cricket unless there is something big in it- SA in future will hardly get Kallis, Steyn and Smith play T20s even if they all are fit and free. Maximum time SA T20 team will be without Kallis, Steyn and Smith and everytime people going to say SA fielding a weaker team? Now that leaves us with De Villiers in batting. I have no clue what one man De Villiers could change the course of batting in all games- yes maybe it's possible but not for granted. In spin department- how one man Botha could change the course of bowling Now Morne Morkel who showed some form only in IPL as per T20 cricket goes (now do SA rely so heavily on Morne Morkel that they lost because they missed Morne Morkel). The team that SA played here is more or less will be featuring in future T20s. Besides, more or less this is the team that played against New Zealand also.
Please Check their records of T20 in comparison to the players who played in this series, less the players mentioned in my previous post, you are shedding their names off like the trees shed off leaves in Winter..

We can only exclude them, when they are no more picked by their board for T 20s...
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old June 26, 2012, 11:16 PM
Kohli_Sox Kohli_Sox is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 30, 2012
Posts: 1,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Please Check their records of T20 in comparison to the players who played in this series, less the players mentioned in my previous post, you are shedding their names off like the trees shed off leaves in Winter..

We can only exclude them, when they are no more picked by their board for T 20s...
You are missing the point. So Australia fields a weaker team because Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke aren't playing T20s??? England is weaker because Alistair Cook, Andrew Strauss, Ian Bell, James Anderson aren't playing??? Most of the teams play without their top class Test/ODI players in T20s now a days
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old June 27, 2012, 10:35 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
You are missing the point. So Australia fields a weaker team because Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke aren't playing T20s??? England is weaker because Alistair Cook, Andrew Strauss, Ian Bell, James Anderson aren't playing??? Most of the teams play without their top class Test/ODI players in T20s now a days
You are missing the point, these SA players don't fall in that category... They are very much part of SA T20 team, but they have been rested ... You may not find Ricky, Clarke etc guys in Aus T20 team at all ... Pointing is no T20 player..
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old June 27, 2012, 10:52 AM
Kohli_Sox Kohli_Sox is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 30, 2012
Posts: 1,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
You are missing the point, these SA players don't fall in that category... They are very much part of SA T20 team, but they have been rested ... You may not find Ricky, Clarke etc guys in Aus T20 team at all ... Pointing is no T20 player..
When is the last time Kallis, Smith and Steyn played T20 for SA national side? Let's take a look at the last series against NZ before Triangular series that SA fielded:

Twenty20 squad: AB de Villiers (capt), Hashim Amla, Johan Botha, Marchant de Lange, JP Duminy, Colin Ingram, Richard Levi, Albie Morkel, Morne Morkel, Justin Ontong , Wayne Parnell, Robin Peterson, Rusty Theron , Lonwabo Tsotsobe

Now how is this squad so much different from the one that played in Triangular series?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old June 27, 2012, 07:48 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,814

Vote to lock as this discussion is leading to be argumentative.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old June 28, 2012, 01:35 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Now I like your name as spelled by you..."Zeeshan No Talk Mahmood" .. Appropriate

On Topic @ Kohli Sox;

The last match played by SA was on 30 March 2012 against India, so last time I saw them; they had Kallis, Botha, Morkel.... And A few others who didn't feature in this match. We know Smith, Ab and Steyn are permanent in the team. There was no Amla in that team too. So this team is 60-70% different/depleted than their actual team. So that doesn't allow me to be all gaga over this win and rightly so, even the team isn't over celebrating it.

Yes, win is win and we can't be unhappy with a win, whatever is the team. So I'm happy that we won... But don't like to go all gaga with the win...heyy we've beaten SA etc etc etc... I hope you get the point. You will see in the world cup, what team they field and how it's different than this team. If they field the same team and just with AB as you say, I will be happier with this one too. Till then I can disagree that this was the SA best team and wait....no probs.
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71

Last edited by BANFAN; June 28, 2012 at 05:46 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old June 28, 2012, 11:32 AM
playmaker playmaker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 21, 2012
Location: Chittagong
Favorite Player: every quality cricketer
Posts: 2,687

Levi
Amla
Ingram
DuPlessis
Kallis
ABDV
Albie
Botha
Morne morkel
Tsotsobe
Steyn

and to think about it I cant put JP duminy in, some1 whos way better than our batsman in T20.

Nevertheless, we won against a team that still looks solid on paper. 3rd string seems a bit harsh, looks more like 2nd string side to be honest.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old June 28, 2012, 04:30 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
.......

and to think about it I cant put JP duminy in, some1 whos way better than our batsman in T20.

Nevertheless, we won against a team that still looks solid on paper. 3rd string seems a bit harsh, looks more like 2nd string side to be honest.
Well, that won't be so unfair...... Like to agree to that.... We definitely can feel good for the winning the second match against them.

But I think Amla won't be in first 11, he wasn't in the last T20 against India ... But not so sure, since he isn't a bad option either. If he isn't playing then smith might get in.
__________________
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old June 29, 2012, 07:13 AM
Kohli_Sox Kohli_Sox is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 30, 2012
Posts: 1,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Now I like your name as spelled by you..."Zeeshan No Talk Mahmood" .. Appropriate

On Topic @ Kohli Sox;

The last match played by SA was on 30 March 2012 against India, so last time I saw them; they had Kallis, Botha, Morkel.... And A few others who didn't feature in this match. We know Smith, Ab and Steyn are permanent in the team. There was no Amla in that team too. So this team is 60-70% different/depleted than their actual team. So that doesn't allow me to be all gaga over this win and rightly so, even the team isn't over celebrating it.

Yes, win is win and we can't be unhappy with a win, whatever is the team. So I'm happy that we won... But don't like to go all gaga with the win...heyy we've beaten SA etc etc etc... I hope you get the point. You will see in the world cup, what team they field and how it's different than this team. If they field the same team and just with AB as you say, I will be happier with this one too. Till then I can disagree that this was the SA best team and wait....no probs.
The match against India was dedicated to Kallis for his outstanding contribution to SA right much like the one that Ntini had
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket