facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 1, 2011, 08:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

^^^ rumours are Biman to restart DAC-MAN-JFK route after February 2012. I hope this is true as this will open up LHR-DAC direct flight. At the moment Biiman is flying LHR-MAN-DAC using 777-300. Only reason they are doing it so that MAN is fully operational by the time JFK-MAN-DAC restarts. As you already know they did mess about a lot on that route last time. US aviation won't give them another chance if they fail this time.

So unfortunately for you BDnyer you will have to travel with sad northerner not with happy Londoner like us. j/k

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Old December 1, 2011, 10:48 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
^^^ rumours are Biman to restart DAC-MAN-JFK route after February 2012. I hope this is true as this will open up LHR-DAC direct flight. At the moment Biiman is flying LHR-MAN-DAC using 777-300. Only reason they are doing it so that MAN is fully operational by the time JFK-MAN-DAC restarts. As you already know they did mess about a lot on that route last time. US aviation won't give them another chance if they fail this time.

So unfortunately for you BDnyer you will have to travel with sad northerner not with happy Londoner like us. j/k

So, no nonstop between DAC and JFK.

BTW, we used to call a girl classmate of ours manchester (behind her). You can guess why. Juvenile? Yes. Cruel? Yes. But at least not to her face.
Old December 1, 2011, 10:50 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:

BTW, does Manchester airport have a layout similar to LHR? In LHR, you have to walk about a mile before arriving at your connecting flights! I wonder who is responsible for this "design."
Old December 1, 2011, 11:07 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
BTW, does Manchester airport have a layout similar to LHR? In LHR, you have to walk about a mile before arriving at your connecting flights! I wonder who is responsible for this "design."
Never boarded from MAN so can't tell. Terminal 3 of LHR was the worse for Biman. They normally used park at the very last gate. But for the last 2 years Biman has been moved to Terminal 4 which is much better. Manchester is not big like LHR. Seen it from outside.

Old December 3, 2011, 04:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
So, no nonstop between DAC and JFK.

BTW, we used to call a girl classmate of ours manchester (behind her). You can guess why. Juvenile? Yes. Cruel? Yes. But at least not to her face.
i don't think pax load is enough for non-stop. maybe with a smaller aircraft such as 787 or a 777-200LR it would be more feasible. in fact thats exactly what routes those mid sized a/c are designed for. PIA uses 77L from JFK to Lahore, and AI uses the same a/c from JFK to Delhi.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 4, 2011, 07:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Never have I travelled in an airlines whose only priority in life is to fudge people over...

My gf was traveling from Dhaka to Seoul on a work related trip. She had to catch a connecting flight from Kathmundu. Of course Biman was late leaving from Zia and she missed her which left Kathmundu while she was still stuck in Dhaka.

She approached a Biman officer for help. The guy told her to follow him. Of course she assumed that she would probably get assistance to get a new flight out of Kathmundu the same day, or tomorrow the very least. Instead, the Biman officer took her to the immigrations where he tried to convince the people there to cancel her visa, saying she can no longer go to Seoul!

We were dumbstruck, absolutely astonished.

Not a single taka of our hard earned money to will go to support this thuggery in the guise of a business. I am trying to convince everyone who listens to me to boycott Biman. Not that Biman would give a rat's *** of course.
Old December 19, 2011, 05:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Since we are talking A/C could not find a better place to post it.

http://paineairport.com/kpae4531.htm

Now that's a beast
Old December 20, 2011, 09:48 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Dayuum. That looks fattafati. I always liked the Kiwis cricket jersey too.
Old December 20, 2011, 10:00 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

^ In honor of the Rugby team(All Blacks) winning the WC?
Old July 2, 2012, 08:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

A Biman Bangladesh Boeing 777-3E9/ER passing flight through the Iran's corridors en-route Europe.
Old July 31, 2012, 12:14 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Novo Air ... new airlines in Bangladesh!
http://www.novoair-bd.com

News Link
আকাশপথে যাত্রী সেবা দিতে আসছে ‘নভোএয়ার’
ইশতিয়াক হুসাইন, স্পেশাল করেসপন্ডেন্ট
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ িফোর.কম

ঢাকা: নভোএয়ার যাত্রা শুরু করছে এ বছরের শেষ দিকে। ব্যক্তিমালিকানার এ এয়ারলাইন্সটি এরইমধ্যে ব্রাজিলের তৈরি দুটি বাণিজ্যিক জেট আনার বিষয় চূড়ান্ত করেছে। এর ফলে দেশে নভোএয়াই হবে প্রথম প্রাইভেট এয়ারলাইন্স, যেটি জেট ইঞ্জিন চালিত এয়ারক্রাফট দিয়ে যাত্রা শুরু করবে।

এজন্য ৫০ আসনের টুইন জেট এমব্রেয়ার ই১৪৫ উড়োজাহাজ আনছে তারা।

এমব্রায়ার ই১৪৫ হচ্ছে বেশ নির্ভরযোগ্য প্লেন, যা দিয়ে বাংলাদেশের অভ্যন্তরীণ এবং আঞ্চলিক রুটগুলোতে অনায়াসে ফ্লাইট পরিচালনা সম্ভব। আরামপ্রদ ভ্রমণের জন্য বেশ সুনাম কুড়িয়েছে এই এয়ারক্রাফটটি।

নভোএয়ার এরই মধ্যে বাংলাদেশ বেসামরিক বিমান চলাচল কর্তৃপক্ষের (বেবিচক) কাছ থেকে এনওসি (নো অবজেকশন সার্টিফিকেট) পেয়েছে।

নভোএয়ারের ব্যবস্থাপনা পরিচালক গ্রুপ ক্যাপ্টেন (অব.) মফিজুর রহমান বাংলানিউজকে জানান, আসন্ন শীতেই তারা ফ্লাইট শুরু করার পরিকল্পনা করেছেন। এজন্য তাদের প্রস্তুতি চলছে।

মফিজুর রহমান জানান, এ লক্ষ্যে এরইমধ্যে ৬ জন বিদেশি, ১২ জন বাংলাদেশি বৈমানিক, ৫ জন ক্যাপ্টেন এবং ৭ জন ফার্স্ট অফিসার নিয়োগ দেওয়া হয়েছে। তারা এখন ট্রেনিংয়ে রয়েছেন। এর মধ্যে বাংলাদেশি বৈমানিকের বোয়িং ৭৬৭ এবং এমডি ৮৩ চালানোর অভিজ্ঞতা রয়েছে।

দেশে অনেক প্রাইভেট এয়ারলাইন এসেছে আবার তা বন্ধ হয়ে গেছে-এরকম অনিশ্চয়তা মধ্যে এ ব্যবসায় বিনিয়োগের সাহস দেখাচ্ছে নভোএয়ার। এ সম্পর্কে মফিজুর রহমান বলেন, “বিমান চলাচল ব্যবসায় বিশাল বিনিয়োগের প্রয়োজন হয়। যদি আত্মবিশ্বাস না থাকতো তাহলে এয়ারলাইন ব্যবসায় নামার সাহস করতাম না।”

আকাশপথে যাত্রী সেবায় টিকে থাকার লক্ষ্যে অবিচল নভোএয়ার। আর এজন্য অভ্যন্তরীণ রুটের জন্য সবচেয়ে বেশি উপযোগী ৫০ আসনের টুইন জেট এমব্রেয়ার ই১৪৫ উড়োজাহাজ আনছে তারা। অন্যান্য এয়ারলাইন লিজের উড়োজাহাজ আনলেও নভোএয়ার নিজস্ব উড়োজাহাজ দিয়েই ফ্লাইট পরিচালনার উদ্যোগ নিয়েছে।

নভোএয়ার সূত্রে জানা গেছে, প্রাথমিকভাবে দুটি উড়োজাহাজ দিয়ে ফ্লাইট পরিচালনা করা হবে। ফ্লাইট শুরুর ৬ মাসের মধ্যে তৃতীয় আরেকটি উড়োজাহাজ যুক্ত হবে এয়ারলাইন্সের বহরে।

মফিজুর রহমান জানান, কলকাতা, কাঠমান্ডু, ইয়াঙ্গুন, বেঙ্গালুরু এবং চিয়াং মাইয়ের মতো গন্তব্যের জন্য টুইন জেট এমব্রেয়ার ই১৪৫ উড়োজাহাজ খুবই উপযোগী।

প্রথমে চট্টগ্রাম, সিলেট, কক্সবাজারসহ তিন থেকে চারটি রুটে ফ্লাইট শুরুর পরিকল্পনা নিয়েছেন। পর্যায়ক্রমে যশোর, বরিশাল, রাজশাহী এবং সৈয়দপুরেও যাবে নভোএয়ার।

বর্তমানে দেশে ইউনাইটেড এয়ারওয়েজ ও রিজেন্ট এয়ারওয়েজ নামে দুটি প্রাইভেট এয়াররাইন্স রয়েছে। কিছুদিন আগে বন্ধ হয়ে যায় জিএমজি এয়ারলাইন্স।

বাংলাদেশ সময়: ০৯৪০ ঘণ্টা, জুলাই ৩১, ২০১২
আইএইচ/সম্পাদনা: আহমেদ জুয়েল, অ্যাসিসট্যান্ট আউটপুট এডিটর
Old August 27, 2012, 02:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

You gotta watch this!

Video made by my mama! Understandably, he was worried if he'll make it to Nepal on this flight...thankfully, he returned safely!

Old August 27, 2012, 03:18 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

^^^ its quite norm. I have seen other airline pilot cleaning the front screen.

Old August 27, 2012, 03:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

A Canadian pilot getting praised for cleaning his front windshield.

I think every time we see anything get done by Biman we over react. Dont get me wrong Kabir not having a go at you mama, I meant everyone.
Old August 27, 2012, 03:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I think every time we see anything get done by Biman we over react. Dont get me wrong Kabir not having a go at you mama, I meant everyone.
Your videos indeed relieved me! And agree with you, I'm a victim of that skepticism too.

I'll tell my mama to not get worried about it. This is the first time I'm seeing this...and I've traveled quite a bit in my lifetime!
Old August 28, 2012, 06:39 PM
Cricket Sage

So I went to the Bangladesh consulate in NYC the other day...noticed teh floor above is home to Biman's office...went up there, door was locked so I rang the bell not expecting anyone there. Finally a man comes to the door. Says Biman is "making progress" on getting their JFK flights back. Interesting to note that Biman still has a staffed office in NYC.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 28, 2012, 06:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

^^^ Waste of money.
Old August 29, 2012, 12:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by samircreep
Never have I travelled in an airlines whose only priority in life is to fudge people over...

My gf was traveling from Dhaka to Seoul on a work related trip. She had to catch a connecting flight from Kathmundu. Of course Biman was late leaving from Zia and she missed her which left Kathmundu while she was still stuck in Dhaka.

She approached a Biman officer for help. The guy told her to follow him. Of course she assumed that she would probably get assistance to get a new flight out of Kathmundu the same day, or tomorrow the very least. Instead, the Biman officer took her to the immigrations where he tried to convince the people there to cancel her visa, saying she can no longer go to Seoul!

We were dumbstruck, absolutely astonished.

Not a single taka of our hard earned money to will go to support this thuggery in the guise of a business. I am trying to convince everyone who listens to me to boycott Biman. Not that Biman would give a rat's *** of course.
So sorry to hear that story man.
This is an example of -
- Giving power to people who cant probably write a complete sentence in Bangla/English.
- Unqualified people hired by even more unqualified interviewers.

I have seen a sort of related story once i was traveling to Saudi. A White guy with his family was literally pleading to an airport official, calling them Sir, Sir, Sir for whatever reason- and the airport official was trying to ignore him, acting as if he owns the airport.

Just sad. There is something wrong in us Bangladeshis.
Old August 29, 2012, 01:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Samir - your gf's story is really alarming. What on earth was that guy thinking?

I usually get too ticked off if things are not done right. If I was on her shoes, I would have made sure that the guy got sacked from his job. I would go that extra mile (or that extra thousand miles).
Old September 13, 2012, 08:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Rented Boeing dodges Biman

Leaves 220 passengers stranded in Muscat

Staff Correspondent

The owner of an aircraft took back the plane from leaseholder Biman without notice stranding 220 passengers in Muscat since Wednesday.

Biman and plane owner Air Atlanta Icelandic were having a row over the lease of the plane.

Biman officials said the Boeing 747 had left for Muscat, Oman, with 500 passengers from Shahjalal International Airport Wednesday morning.

It was supposed to carry home 220 passengers on its return flight to Dhaka but it left Muscat without notifying Biman. The passengers are now expected to be in Dhaka today.

According to Biman officials, all passengers were waiting at Muscat Airport completing formalities to board the plane Wednesday night.

But the crew went for refuelling and did not return to the gate.

"After refuelling it did not come to the boarding bridge. Later, we came to know that the aircraft landed at Sana'a International Airport, the capital of Yemen," said a Biman official.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=249730
Old September 13, 2012, 08:28 PM
Administrator

If it weren't for the inconvenience to the passengers it would be funny. Not the first time a plane has been repossessed.

There's a whole show on it. Though mostly private planes not for a state owned airline though.

http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-24583
Old September 16, 2012, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

শাহজালালে ফ্লাইটসূচিতে জট

ঢাকা, সেপ্টেম্বর ১৬ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম)- একটি উড়োজাহাজ হারিয়েই ফ্লাইট বিপর্যয়ের মুখে পড়েছে বিমান বাংলাদেশ এয়ারলাইন্স। রোববার বাতিল হয়েছে তিনটি নির্ধারিত ফ্লাইট। ভোগান্তিতে পড়েছেন বিভিন্ন দেশের যাত্রীরা।

রোববার সকালে সরেজমিনে হযরত শাহাজালাল আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরে গিয়ে দেখা যায়, নির্ধারিত ফ্লাইট বাতিল হওয়ায় বহিঃগামী টার্মিনালে শতশত যাত্রী অপেক্ষা করছেন, যাদের বেশিরভাগই কুয়ালালামপুর, রিয়াদ, দুবাই, জেদ্দার যাত্রী।

চুক্তির মেয়াদ শেষের আগেই পর্তুগালের বিমান সংস্থা এয়ার আটলান্টার কাছ থেকে ভাড়ায় আনা পাঁচ শতাধিক আসনের একটি বোয়িং-৭৪৭ চলে যাওয়ায় এ পরিস্থিতির সৃষ্টি হয়েছে বলে জানা গেছে।

বিমান জানিয়েছে, চুক্তি অনুযায়ী প্রতি মাসে ২৫০ ঘণ্টা করে বছরে ৩ হাজার ঘণ্টা ফ্লাই করার কথা ছিলো ওই উড়োজাহাজটির। ২০ সেপ্টেম্বর চুক্তি শেষ হওয়ার কথা। কিন্তু গত ১২ সেপ্টেম্বর মাস্কাট বিমানবন্দরে ২২৫ জন যাত্রী ফেলে নিজ দেশে চলে যায় উড়োজাহাজটি।

বোয়িং-৭৪৭ উড়োজাহাজটি দিয়ে কুয়ালালামপুর, জেদ্দা, রিয়াদ, মাস্কটসহ মধ্য প্রাচ্যের দেশগুলোতে ফ্লাইট পরিচালনা করা হতো।

বিমানের তথ্য অনুযায়ী, ২০ সেপ্টেম্বর পর্যন্ত বোয়িং-৭৪৭ উড়োজাহাজটি দিয়ে প্রায় আটটি ফ্লাইট পরিচালনার কথা ছিলো। এর প্রত্যেকটি ফ্লাইটে সাড়ে চারশ’র বেশি যাত্রী বহন করার কথা।

উদ্ভূত পরিস্থিতিতে আটকে পড়া ওই যাত্রীদের অপেক্ষাকৃত ছোট বিমানে গন্তব্যে পৌঁছে দিতে গিয়ে ভেঙে পড়েছে বিমানের নিয়মিত ফ্লাইট।

নিয়ন্ত্রণ কক্ষ জানিয়েছে, রোববার মধ্যপ্রাচ্যের ফ্লাইট ঠিক রাখতে আন্তর্জাতিক রুটে ঢাকা-লন্ডন (বিজি-০০৫)ও ঢাকা-আবুধাবি (বিজি-০২৭) এবং অভ্যন্তরীণ রুটের ঢাকা-সিলেটের (বিজি-০৬১) নিয়মিত ফ্লাইট বাতিল করা হয়েছে।

এদিকে ফ্লাইট সূচিতে জটের কারণে শাহজালালে আটকা পড়েছেন হাজার খানেক যাত্রী। তারা বলছেন, ফ্লাইট বাতিল হলেও প্রাপ্য কোনো সুবিধা দিচ্ছে না বিমান কর্তৃপক্ষ।

বিমানবন্দরের ২ নম্বর টার্মিনালে মালয়েশিয়াগামী আনিসুর রহমান বলেন, “গতকাল দুপুর সাড়ে ১১টায় আমার ফ্লাইট ছিল। কিন্তু এখানে আসার পরে জানতে পারলাম আমার তা বাতিল হয়েছে। আমাকে পুনরায় আগামীকাল সাড়ে ৮টায় যোগাযোগ করতে বলা হয়েছে।”

ফ্লাইট বাতিল হলে যাত্রীদের বিমানের থাকা-খাওয়ার ব্যবস্থা করার কথা নিয়ম থাকলেও এ ধরনের কোনো সুবিধা তিনি পাননি বলেও অভিযোগ করেন।

শুধু আনিসুর নয়, মালয়েশিয়া যাওয়ার জন্য ১৫ সেপ্টেম্বর থেকে বিমানন্দরেই অপেক্ষা করছেন ভৈরবের মো. মাসুম। একই পরিস্থিতিতে পড়েছেন নারায়ণগঞ্জের সজিব মিয়া। বিমানের একটি ফ্লাইটে দুবাই যাওয়ার কথা ছিলো তার।

“গতকাল সন্ধ্যা ৭টায় আমার ফ্লাইট ছিলো। এখানে আসার পর জানানো হয়েছে দেরি হবে। আজ রাত ১০ টায় যোগাযোগ করতে বলা হলেও ভরসা করতে পারছি না,” ক্ষোভের সুরে বলেন সজিব মিয়া।

আর ১৪ সেপ্টেম্বর থেকে আবুধাবি যাওয়ার অপেক্ষায় থাকা শফিউল্লাহ কান্না যেন থামানোই যাচ্ছিল না। সান্ত¦না দেয়ার মানুষের সংখ্যা কম না হলেও ভরসা যেন পাচ্ছেন না তিনি।

মো. শফিউল্লাহ বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকমকে বলেন, “গত ১৪ সেপ্টেম্বর আমরা চারজন আবুধাবি যাওয়ার জন্য এখানে আসি। এখন বলা হচ্ছে আগামী কাল দুপুর ২টায় যোগাযোগ করতে। এখানে থাকা খাওয়া সব মিলিয়ে পকেটের সব টাকা শেষ। আমি জানি না, এখন কী করবো, পকেটে আছে মাত্র ১শ টাকা।”

অন্যদিকে গন্তব্যে পৌঁছে দেয়ার দাবিতে বিমানবন্দরেই বিক্ষোভ মিছিল করেছে বিমানের কুয়েতের যাত্রীরা। এক পর্যায়ে সাংবাদিকরা পৌঁছালে বিমান কর্মচারীরা তাদের টার্মিনালের ভেতরে নিয়ে যায়। তবে টার্মিনালের ভেতরে কোনো সাংবাদিককে ঢুকতে দেয়া হয়নি।

এসব বিষয়ে বিমান বাংলাদেশ এয়ারলাইন্সের ভারপ্রাপ্ত ব্যাবস্থাপনা পরিচালক মোসাদ্দেক আহমেদের সঙ্গে কথা বলতে চাইলেও তিনি কোনো মন্তব্য করতে অস্বীকৃতি জানান।

Source
Old September 18, 2012, 05:00 AM
Banned

Only idiots fly with Biman.

I know it takes only 6 hours and its non stop but I would rather spend 14 hrs. incl transit and fly with Etihad and if Etihad seats are expensive / not available, then fly with Emirates. Better flight, better aircrafts, better entertainment, better food, wayy better air hostesses .. why should anyone fly with Biman ?
Old January 7, 2013, 03:01 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Looks like Novo Air in business!

Old January 7, 2013, 10:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Biman posted record losses this year! Over 5 billion taka! And another new 777 is due at the end of this year. Wonder how they can keep getting new planes with nothing but loss making business.

#OneTeam1Dream