facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old March 13, 2012, 05:22 PM
firstlane firstlane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 8, 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,838

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
The realistic coaches who are too real like most Ausies, are unable to bring in that confidence.
Please think little bit more before you make a generalized comment like this. Aussie coaches are second to none in world cricket. But you can't expect great results from leftover 3rd/4th rated coaches. No club team in Australia would hire Law as a head coach but we being a test playing nation did. there are plenty of coaches in Australia who understand subcontinent culture and are experienced in coaching developing cricketers. Tom Moody, Trevor Bayliss, John Dyson, Geoff Lawson, Geoff Marsh, Darren Lehman are to name a few.
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old March 13, 2012, 06:03 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Please think little bit more before you make a generalized comment like this. Aussie coaches are second to none in world cricket. But you can't expect great results from leftover 3rd/4th rated coaches. No club team in Australia would hire Law as a head coach but we being a test playing nation did. there are plenty of coaches in Australia who understand subcontinent culture and are experienced in coaching developing cricketers. Tom Moody, Trevor Bayliss, John Dyson, Geoff Lawson, Geoff Marsh, Darren Lehman are to name a few.
Is it necessary to lower someone to disagree on a comment?

He was the asst coach of SL national team and then offered the main job of SL team, but he chose to join BD National team, that's a good achievement in his short coaching career.

As a player he was much superior to our ex head coach, that needs no hidden knowledge to understand. So belittling him doesn't change the facts.

What I said, that's a conscious comment after seeing quiet a few Australian coaches in the subcontinent. And that's not a negative remarks about Ausie coaches, because that's how it works in Australia given their cricketing environment and the physhe of the players. That also holds good for half of your lists that I know about.

Raising morale by unrealistic ambitions/hope is quiet a Subcontinental attitude and psyche. That doesn't make Ausie coaches inferior coaches, just not so suitable for subcontinent, when it comes to grooming their mentality.
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]

Last edited by BANFAN; March 14, 2012 at 02:18 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old March 13, 2012, 06:55 PM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla
Posts: 3,333

I see people getting really good jobs with fake resumes all the time. What determines whether they're able to keep their 300 thousand dollar Wall St job is their performance.

Law was a decent player for Aus no doubt. If he were playing for BD team, I'd take him in a heart beat. But as a coach, what did his SL team accomplish with all time great players like Sangakarra, Jawayardane, Dilshan, Malinga in the ranks? They were almost headed into another dark age! Whereas someone like Dave Whatmore made worldbeaters out of the SL team with virtually no name cricketers of his era.

Even Jamie Siddons had a pretty good track record as Australia's assistant coach and senior coach at Center of Excellence. So when ppl don't hesitate to bash coaches when their team goes through a lean patch, and yet try to defend another when his performance is clearly waay below the already lowered expectations--for instance, at least beating Zim had become an automatic expectation--the whole argument just sounds idiotic.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old March 14, 2012, 02:40 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

It's quiet idiotic to credit an assistant coach for the success of a team, and I'm forced to use that to bring things on the level. By that logic Law on his first assignment in his short coaching career, took SL in the world cup finals. And was chosen by the same team to be their head coach, after seeing his performance as the asst coach.

The Jamie Siddons didn't have that fortune. And we have seen Jamie and his boss similar nonsense approaches and how he was fired from KKR. We couldn't fire, because our money wasn't going from anyone's pocket. That Asuie team even needed no coach for winning. The SL team isn't close to that. Yes, DW is a fine coach having great track records.

It always difficult to change a mind set instilled for 4 years in 4 months.... That's more than idiotic to start crying about a coach in 4 months.
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old March 14, 2012, 03:44 AM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,377

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Please think little bit more before you make a generalized comment like this. Aussie coaches are second to none in world cricket.
A classic. You say don't generalise and then do exactly that!

The "Aussies are best coaches" argument I am afraid is very tired and way out of date. It wasn't even true 10 years ago either. It only came from Australia as a nation winning everything so it was assumed the coaches from Australia must be the best. Yet this was not true for the West Indies in the 70's and 80's (you didn't see west indies coaches everywhere).

The love affair with Australian coaches only really lives on in the subcontinent and the IPL for some reason. That love affair is strongest of all in Bangladesh. But even the Aussies themselves have a South African as head coach.

I say this not because I am English, but England are ranked number one in Test Cricket and are also T20 World Champions and invented T20, plus are the world leaders in coach education. So on this theory, the best coaches should all be English.

What has carried Australians so far is they speak their mind and are openly outspoken. You can always talk a great game and this will get you many opportunities. From Bangladesh's viewpoint, pretty much for the past 8 years (and since Test Status), you have had Australian coaches running the show. I am not here to comment on whether that has worked or not. You guys know better than anyone if Bangladesh Cricket is in a great place after all that input.

There are great Australian coaches as there are great English, South African, Zimbabwean etc etc etc. But you cannot say a particular nation of coaches though is "second to none" based on the fact that they keep getting appointed into jobs that others could do, but don't.

The truth is 8 Test ranking points, compared to 83 for the team immediately above, says a great deal more than anybody ever can about the success of coaching in Bangladesh.
__________________
No Cheating. No Corruption. No Excuses.
Players/Coaches have a duty to report and help clean up our wonderful game of cricket. We are the guardians of the game for the fans.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old March 14, 2012, 10:05 AM
firstlane firstlane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 8, 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
A classic. You say don't generalise and then do exactly that!
Although the phrase 'second to none' implies the meaning 'the best', the intended use of it was to say that Aussie coaches were certainly not inferior to others when it comes to understanding subcontinental culture as the above poster suggested. Subcontinental boards' preference for Aussie coaches support my argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
The "Aussies are best coaches" argument I am afraid is very tired and way out of date. It wasn't even true 10 years ago either. It only came from Australia as a nation winning everything so it was assumed the coaches from Australia must be the best. Yet this was not true for the West Indies in the 70's and 80's (you didn't see west indies coaches everywhere).

The love affair with Australian coaches only really lives on in the subcontinent and the IPL for some reason. That love affair is strongest of all in Bangladesh. But even the Aussies themselves have a South African as head coach.
Since you brought that up, none of the subcontinental nation is famous for having a great coaching system. So they hire from outside subcontinent. Can't blame them for wanting to get the best available out there. As you mentioned WI were great in '70s and '80s but world was not flooded by West Indians coaches also tells something about the preference for Aussie coaching.
Again, it was not my intention to brag or start a 'Apple vs Google' or 'Intel vs AMD' style tug of war. But I have noticed every time someone bats for Aussie coaching/coaches, you strongly scrub that. I understand if you don't want to acknowledge their superiority. As for CA appointing Micky Arthur to the head coach role, a result oriented organisation can't hold any prejudice over their best interest. However it is worth mentioning that CA didn't just grab him from overseas and make him the head coach overnight. Arthur had to acclimatise himself with Aussie coaching system by coaching Western Australia first. Because, "in addition to coaching the national team, Arthur will be a selector, and also the man responsible for ensuring the coaching philosophy and structure across all state sides will be consistent with and helpful to the progress of the national team".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I say this not because I am English, but England are ranked number one in Test Cricket and are also T20 World Champions and invented T20, plus are the world leaders in coach education. So on this theory, the best coaches should all be English.
Thats what one would think but the result has to speak for itself. English cricket was never in a dominating position until very recently and we don't know if they can hold their position as long as Steve Wagh's/Ricky Ponting's(early part) team did. We have to wait to see that. They have shown early signs of crumbling though by their poor world cup performance and getting whitewashed by Pakistan in recent test series. Whereas Australia has always been the team to beat. And its your words that only proper coaching can produce good cricketers. Thats why we see handful of coaching/captains postions in various English teams are held by Aussies as opposed to very few coaching positions in Australia are held by Englishmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
What has carried Australians so far is they speak their mind and are openly outspoken. You can always talk a great game and this will get you many opportunities.
I totally agree. You are a great example yourself(no offense, I could elaborate if you insist. I believe its a great skill to have).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
From Bangladesh's viewpoint, pretty much for the past 8 years (and since Test Status), you have had Australian coaches running the show. I am not here to comment on whether that has worked or not. You guys know better than anyone if Bangladesh Cricket is in a great place after all that input.
The truth is 8 Test ranking points, compared to 83 for the team immediately above, says a great deal more than anybody ever can about the success of coaching in Bangladesh.
We only had Australian coaches so far. Our cricket has been run by Bangladeshi administrators. Unfortunately we will never where we would be now if it was run by Australian administrators. However two of our best coaches so far were Australians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
There are great Australian coaches as there are great English, South African, Zimbabwean etc etc etc. But you cannot say a particular nation of coaches though is "second to none" based on the fact that they keep getting appointed into jobs that others could do, but don't.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old March 14, 2012, 12:37 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 10,007

Boka, as Dr. Z said, you definitely are not বোকা. Very astute analysis. I feel that if we could correct two issues, BD will perform much better. 1) Expectation + confidence is the first one. When we play PAK or another top team, we are expecting to lose even when on top. 2) Consistency. When our top order does well, the lower order fails and vice versa. Again, when pace bowlers bowl well, spinners don't bowl their usual good spells. Our batsmen might have knocks like 0..70..5..18..105..3..16, with an average of 31. While this is a decent ODI average, there are only 2 good knocks out of 7. It is difficult to win with such inconsistent batting.

We don't always put our best team in the field. Rubel and Nazmul have been better ODI performers compared to Shafiul (I like his fighting spirit) and Shahadat. But, both are off the team. Oh, well!
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old March 14, 2012, 12:42 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 10,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
I still think we can do it professionaly. At a stage we where 135-5 and it was almost curtains and we brought the equation to 39 from 39 with 5 wickets left!! That was nothing short of professionals, it was just that we had a lower order collapse that got us into trouble at the end.
Getting 39 from 39 with 5 wickets left and two set batsmen on the crease should have been a peace of cake. No premeditated aggression was needed at this time. Any top team would have won the match by 4 or 5 wickets. But, we, the BD fans, were still at the edge of our seats in case there was a collapse. And, it happened!

!@#!!$#@!!!!
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old March 14, 2012, 12:50 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Boka, as Dr. Z said, you definitely are not বোকা. Very astute analysis. I feel that if we could correct two issues, BD will perform much better. 1) Expectation + confidence is the first one. When we play PAK or another top team, we are expecting to lose even when on top. 2) Consistency. When our top order does well, the lower order fails and vice versa. Again, when pace bowlers bowl well, spinners don't bowl their usual good spells. Our batsmen might have knocks like 0..70..5..18..105..3..16, with an average of 31. While this is a decent ODI average, there are only 2 good knocks out of 7. It is difficult to win with such inconsistent batting.

We don't always put our best team in the field. Rubel and Nazmul have been better ODI performers compared to Shafiul (I like his fighting spirit) and Shahadat. But, both are off the team. Oh, well!
Well Rubel was injured so there was nothing we could do about that.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old March 14, 2012, 12:52 PM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,377

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
However two of our best coaches so far were Australians.
This is a pointless discussion to be frank with you. As an International coach actually coaching INSIDE the system I know very well what works and what doesn't. I have total respect for any coach who knows their stuff, regardless on where they come from.

If I read you right, your theory seems to be "This country wins a lot therefore all their coaches are amazing" is not really a sensible argument. Winning is cyclical and checking the current standings, Australia has slumped badly to 4th in Test cricket and 5th in T20 cricket. If (as you appear to believe) results are a direct results of Aussie coaching methods, then by your own judgement there would be no Australian coaches working with Test sides or IPL, BPL teams going forward.

There are some excellent Australian coaches. But not everything Australian is excellent. This is true for any country.

Bangladesh has an ongoing love affair with Australian coaches that is certain. For the past 10 years, only Australian coaches have run the team (plus come in for the academy, mostly been support coaches and also run coaching workshops). But 8 test ranking points (and effectively being 10 times worse than the side in 8th) is probably not what anyone wanted or expected. There also seems to be little signs of that changing. I suspect many fans will wonder whether the board will continue with this policy in the future.

To exclude other nationalities of coach is as bad as only choosing one nation to coach your team. Ultimately, the only way you can judge a coach is by the record of the team. Like I said, it is not about the nationality of a coach that is key, but whether that coach can make a real difference to the players and team he works with.

I dont think anyone can argue with the results or spin things out differently to make it look prettier than it is. All that matters is what happens in Bangladesh, not elsewhere in the world.
__________________
No Cheating. No Corruption. No Excuses.
Players/Coaches have a duty to report and help clean up our wonderful game of cricket. We are the guardians of the game for the fans.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old March 14, 2012, 12:53 PM
Proud Pak Proud Pak is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 12, 2012
Posts: 15

I think its not merely about Confidence. Why shakib (only one above average player ) performs well? Because he has skills. Skills give you confidence. Pakistani team shares the same mentality of under confidence. But their skill has the power to speak, and once your skill speaks no one can bark on you. Bangladesh needs ten more years to become a mature cricket playing nation.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old March 14, 2012, 01:04 PM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Pak
I think its not merely about Confidence. Why shakib (only one above average player ) performs well? Because he has skills. Skills give you confidence. Pakistani team shares the same mentality of under confidence. But their skill has the power to speak, and once your skill speaks no one can bark on you. Bangladesh needs ten more years to become a mature cricket playing nation.
Good point well made
__________________
No Cheating. No Corruption. No Excuses.
Players/Coaches have a duty to report and help clean up our wonderful game of cricket. We are the guardians of the game for the fans.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old March 14, 2012, 03:18 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 19,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Pak
I think its not merely about Confidence. Why shakib (only one above average player ) performs well? Because he has skills. Skills give you confidence. Pakistani team shares the same mentality of under confidence. But their skill has the power to speak, and once your skill speaks no one can bark on you. Bangladesh needs ten more years to become a mature cricket playing nation.
We won't be in next 100 years if we keep continue the way we are going...lack of professionalism in BCB, lack of cricket infrastructures in all parts of Bangladesh, corrupt BCB boss and directors etc.

We need many more institutions like "BKSP" in different province of Bangladesh with passionate and dedicated coaches and instructors.

First of all, we need a visionary as BCB head who will lead to achieve our goal.
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old March 14, 2012, 04:26 PM
akabir77's Avatar
akabir77 akabir77 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 23, 2004
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
Posts: 10,878

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
...

First of all, we need a visionary as BCB head who will lead to achieve our goal.
doesn't that same goes for Bangladesh as a country?
__________________
1. Shahadat Hossain: Mufambisi c Mashud; Chigumbura lbw; Utseya c Mashud
2.
Abdur Razzak: P Utseya caught; RW Price lbw; CB Mpofu lbw
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
4.
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
5.
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old March 14, 2012, 09:01 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 19,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
doesn't that same goes for Bangladesh as a country?
Yes, indeed Kabir bhai.

আমাদের দেশে হবে সেই মেয়ে কবে
কথায় না বড় হয়ে কাজে বড় হবে...


__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old March 16, 2012, 08:09 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 32,932

Quoting zinat's article from other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
__________________
Sniper Clown - Eternal Rhyming
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old September 20, 2012, 10:09 PM
boka boka is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 19, 2005
Posts: 379

Before Asia cup i try to analyze our strength, if i look back now it clearly shows what CONFIDENCE could do...

If we look back at the results we achieved we could understand we overcame current world champs, runners-up and almost won matches against semifinalist of most recent world cup. That was amazing !! But we have to continue beating them in regular basis... and if our team continue show their CONFIDENCE ,they are very much capable of taking us seventh heaven.

They are having all the opportunities again... WT20 gonna start for them to-day and I am having a strong feeling this team have the character of Champions... they know CONFIDENCE is SUCCESS

We have to play with our strength and our strength is our spinners, specifically our SLA's, I hope team management will understand our player's capacity correctly and set a winning combination.

T20 is a game where we have more chance than any other format, we should make it our game and become a team that all respect....

In life very few of us have chances to make history, this team now have that opportunity I hope they will grab it with both hand, hope they will enjoy their game along with us.............

Carpe diem

@Mushy and all players
Don't bother about our (fan's) cries too much, all of us have bad time, fans will shout, pass harsh comments but end of the day we all love our team and wanted to see u all successful

Go get it TIGERS.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by boka
So far from various newspaper report it is clear our players are a group of losers.
Like a looser they already know (even before start of the tournament) that they don't have any chance in Asia-cup
They are planning to give a try to win a single match if they could....!!!!

In anywhere anystep of once life if anyone or anygroup of people have this mentality it is impossible for them to make the difference.

Even before start a journey if one know one will fail question is what the point of go for that journey ?

Wonder why our players and team think tank going back 10 years in time and focusing for “Honorable defeats” ? Btw, a defeat is a defeat.....

Don't any of them find it weird to say their goal is to win a single match in a tournament where as compare to other three countries they are getting almost same facilities !!!

Wonder does Virat Kohli will think that he will not be able to smash Malinga brutally cause Malinga is more experienced than him?

Does Chandimal will bat against Irfan Pathan or Shakib or Razzak thinking like a looser even though they played three times more games than him ??!!!

I think all of us know the answers of those questions -- they never will respect a name that highly that may start create problem in their mindset.

Now let us check what we have in our current group of players compare to that of others in Asia Cup 2012:


















BD



SL



PK



IN



Bowling wise top three performers[ODI played] (
Average-Economy-Strike rate):



Razzak [129]
28.21 – 4.50 – 37.50


Shakib [122]
28.68-4.26-40.30


Masrafe [120]
30.86-4.67-39.60



Malinga [115]
25.96-5.08-30.60


Kulasekara [114]
34.10-4.66-43.80


Mathews [71]
33.64-4.68-43.00



Afridi [338]
33.18-4.60-43.20


Gul [102]
27.64-5.06-32.70


Ajmal [60]
24.48-4.14-35.40



Irfan [112]
29.81-5.24-34.00


Praveen [65]
36.02-5.05-42.70


Ashwin [32]
29.56-4.78-37.00



Don't know how many of us are aware of the above statistics. It is clear experience and performance wise our bowling attack is better than India and Sri Lanka in this tournament. Pakistan is also not far ahead.

Our fourth bowler without thinking twice should be Elias Sunny, because we have to understand our strength, we are producing finest SLA bowlers and let us play with our strength.

Regarding the second pacer it should be either Shafiul or Nazmul, acording to the stats Nazmul is consistent with all opponents and Shafiul is horrible against India. But to me as Shafiul not doing that bad in last few series, I think he should continue.

Now let us check where our batters are, here we are listing top six:




















































BD



SL



PK



IN



Player Name
Games played-Average-Strike rate



Tamim
109 – 28.84 – 79.04



Mahela
370 – 33.54 – 77.87



Hafeez
95 – 26.24 – 68.30



Sachin
460 – 44.74 – 86.29



Imrul
48 – 27.97 - 65.16



Dilshan
235 – 35.60 – 86.78



Umar Akmal
58 – 38.04 – 84.16



Gambhir
131 – 40.58 – 86.29



Jahurul
06 – 31.20 - 73.58



Sangakkara
322 – 38.11 – 75.78



Asad Shafiq
28 – 30.64 – 69.82



Kohli
82 – 47.54 – 84.87



Mushfiq
104-25.47-65.53



Chandimal
33 – 41.15 – 77.81



Younis
237 – 32.91 – 75.58



Rohit
77 – 33.14 – 78.77



Shakib
122 – 34.67 – 76.51



Thrimanne
15 – 28.18 – 81.15



Misbah
94 – 42.31 – 75.20



Raina
143 – 34.32 – 91.74



Mahmudullah
76 - 30.53 - 69.01



Mathews
71 – 32.88 – 82.59



Afridi
338 – 23.72 – 113.91



Dhoni
203 – 51.16 – 87.69



We clearly could understand where our weak link is, our batters are underperformed and to compete in international level and getting respect of others we must improve this situation. Effort needed to be taken to improve our current group of players by giving them opportunity to have a batting mentor, it could be someone like Barry Richards or Sir Viv Richards. For long term we must start 2/3 days school cricket tournament.

But for this tournament our team shouldn't get hapless rather they must inspire themselves by looking at the stats of Sri Lanka team. Over the years they never had batters with prolific batting average but because they have the CONFIDENCE and POSITIVE ATTITUDE they overcome this shortage by playing as an unit. Even a 300+ score one could chase down successfully with two fifties, if all others contribute atleast near or around their average.

Thing that is most important to have a successful life is confidence, CONFIDENCE is SUCCESS this we should communicate with our players our team management. Nothing is impossible to a group of fearless confident mind.

Waiting to see a confident team in the field, who only play for win never think anything else, respect opponent but not disrespect themselves.........
__________________
Abar jombay mela ...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket