facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 22, 2012, 06:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

^^thik kotha bolchen

Anyway,watched NTV program "Gallery", couldn't watch from the beginning.
Guest : Pilot

According to Pilot batsmen have lost the habit of playing long innings as since Asia cup we only played T20s, some players didn't get enough time to bat in the middle.(hence the failure chasing big total)
Other big teams have played Tests,ODIs & T20s.
If you want to succeed in exam you read the whole book,not just one chapter.

My personal opinion: harsi boila eishob boltasey, jitley bolto beshi beshi Tea20 khelay amra ei shuphol pelam.
Another personal view of mine is, you do Wups with wolves so that u can beat lions is a bhua theory.
Which is why we desperately needed to make it to the next round so that we could play some matches against the big boys and learn something as big teams are not keen to play T20s with us.
Also if we make it to the next round then next T20WC we would be in an easier group.

Old September 22, 2012, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
^^thik kotha bolchen

Anyway,watched NTV program "Gallery", couldn't watch from the beginning.
Guest : Pilot

According to Pilot batsmen have lost the habit of playing long innings as since Asia cup we only played T20s, some players didn't get enough time to bat in the middle.(hence the failure chasing big total)
Other big teams have played Tests,ODIs & T20s.
If you want to succeed in exam you read the whole book,not just one chapter.

Quote:
My personal opinion: harsi boila eishob boltasey, jitley bolto beshi beshi Tea20 khelay amra ei shuphol pelam

Another personal view of mine is, you do Wups with wolves so that u can beat lions is a bhua theory.
Which is why we desperately needed to make it to the next round so that we could play some matches against the big boys and learn something as big teams are not keen to play T20s with us.
Also if we make it to the next round then next T20WC we would be in an easier group.
Rifat Cricket Guru posted this on the Picture thread:
Old September 22, 2012, 04:05 PM
Cricket Legend

I like it, its so true.
Old September 22, 2012, 09:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cricket
Rifat Cricket Guru posted this on the Picture thread:
Its true....i like it..lol
Old September 23, 2012, 02:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Amar kotha hochche Pilot koita t20 match khelse? Nijeder shomoi ki emon korse cricket-er jonne amader "sroddheyo probin-ra" shuni? Thanks to them, this team doesn't get mch exposure to play tests....if you look closely all the test matches were given to "them" and what they did is well-known!

Jottoshob! And thanks for the pic Rifat bhai...I agree...this is how our society is...

Last edited by zinatf; September 23, 2012 at 11:53 PM..
Old September 23, 2012, 03:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Some blunt truths !

Quote:
তামিম: সাকিব যখন বল করতে আসে, পুরো দলই ভালো কিছু আশা করে। কারণ, ও আমাদের সেরা বোলার। কে জানে, সাকিব যে ভালো করতে পারল না, এটাও আমাদের ভেঙে পড়ার একটা কারণ হতে পারে। অন্য বোলারদের হয়তো মনে হয়েছে, সাকিবই পারছে না, আজ তা হলে কিছুই হবে না
Quote:

সাকিব: বড় কারণ। আমি সব সময়ই বলে এসেছি, আমরা ভালো স্পিনার। কিন্তু অত ভালো নই যে, যেকোনো উইকেটে ভালো করতে পারব। উইকেট থেকে আমাদের একটু হেল্প লাগে। পাল্লেকেলের উইকেটে তা একটুও পাইনি। এখন মনে হচ্ছে, আমাদের ম্যাচগুলো কলম্বোতে হলেই বোধ হয় ভালো হতো। টিভিতে তো দেখলাম, প্রেমাদাসায় বল ইয়া বড় টার্ন করছে।
Quote:
সাকিব: বড় দলের সঙ্গে খেলতে পারলে তো অবশ্যই ভালো হতো। তবে আমি কাউকে দোষ দিচ্ছি না। আমাদের কোনো খেলাই ছিল না, সেখানে খেলার ব্যবস্থা তো হয়েছে, এটাই বা কম কী! তবে আমি মনে করি, আমরা ৫০ ওভারের বিশ্বকাপে খেলার আগে টেস্ট খেলা বাদ দিয়ে দিয়েছি, টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপের আগে শুধু টি-টোয়েন্টিই খেললাম। এটা বাজে জিনিস। টেস্ট বা ওয়ানডে খেললে ব্যাটসম্যান-বোলাররা অনেক বেশি সময় পায়। অনেক কিছু শিখতে পারে। অন্য দলগুলো কিন্তু টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপের জন্য টেস্ট সিরিজ-ওয়ানডে সিরিজ বাদ দিয়ে দেয়নি। আমরা শুধু একটা খেলাই খেলতে খেলতে অন্য খেলা ভুলে যাই।

Full interview
Old September 23, 2012, 06:08 AM
Cricket Sage

so looks like Sakib saying exactly what Pilot said, only T20s but no ODI/TEst
Old September 23, 2012, 09:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Could someone summarize what that article says? Thanks
Old September 23, 2012, 12:12 PM
Banned

So it turns out that the practice matches really didn't help. I think we played the lower ranked teams too much and after getting a couple of wins, our team somehow got some confidence and started saying that they can do this, go there, achieve this and etc. But it turns out we are where we were before! No improvement, lack of interest in the game, giving up even before the game starts, and so many other issues! At home, especially in spinning conditions, we might be boss, but we have to understand that there's other pitches we have to play on. Never learned to play well in sporting pitches & well i can just keep going on and say lots of things but it wont help! Our players wont take their time & listen to me. Whats gonna help is our players playing with responsibility! But lets look forward to the next match and just pray and hope that we can snatch victory from jaws of defeat. Yes, we can do it and InshaAllah we'll do it. There's nothing called impossible in my life and there shouldn't be in our players mind! So good luck Tigers, go get them!
Old September 23, 2012, 02:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

What I really really dont get is how on earth are these two key performers of the team allowed to deliver an interview like this right in the middle of a world cup!! There are supposed to be strict media restrictions in these cases..there always are for all professional teams. But why not for BD?! Shocking!
Old September 23, 2012, 02:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

^^ I share the same sentiments with Bashir bhai, why couldn't they just stay in their hotel room and play playstation or something....maybe too much time in their hands.

at least I am glad they admitted their faults/mistakes
Old September 23, 2012, 02:49 PM
Banned

Anyone remember this?
Quote:
কারণ, রোগের প্রেসক্রিপশন আমরা সবাই-ই জানি, শুধু ওষুধটা খাই না।" সাকিব আল হাসান
Old September 23, 2012, 09:22 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Pilot again:
Quote:
Khaled Mashud Pilot

Our present cricketers are not intelligent at all...Nor are they professional. Pakistan today have shown how to play the game of cricket and the Pak spinners have shown how to bowl smartly....our players are talented but not smart...they don't have anything in their head....I'm not expecting our team to do anything in the next game against Pak...let alone qualifying the next round...As a former cricketer of Bangladesh, I again apologize on behalf of our players to all the cricket lovers in the country...I hope we are gonna have some true smart cricketers at near future
He seemed to be quite positive on the NTV interview, but I guess not. I agree they have failed, but the unprofessional tag was bit over the top. That sounded like too much of raw emotion rather than objective criticism.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old September 23, 2012, 09:50 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Why Pilot became so vocal all of a sudden? Calling current cricketers unsmart, unprofessional that too in the middle of a world cup? We still havent forgotten 2003 WC and what Pilot' said after that..

I read somewhere that he was interested to become assistant coach of BD but BCB was not interested. I really want to believe that rejection is not playing a part on this..
Old September 23, 2012, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

So Pilot is doing a Shujon here ..We see a pattern !! He is acting as if he was the Adam Gilchrist of Bd... Bd team was pathetic then and is pathetic now!!! Disgusting.. Bunch of losers !

Etoi jodi smartness bujhen to shikhaite paren na?? Free te criticize korte paren to free te tution dite paren na??
Old September 23, 2012, 10:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

lol i like how your emotion matches ur avy ^^^^^
Old September 23, 2012, 10:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
lol i like how your emotion matches ur avy ^^^^^
He he

But I am literally pissed this time.. I just lost my interest in Bd cricket.. No point in expecting anything from these sissies/losers whatever you may call them.. N Pilot's comment is like kata ghaa e noon er chhita tao jodi noon ta kono bishhoshera shonar chheler kaach theke ashto
Old September 24, 2012, 12:01 AM
Cricket Sage

hehe ei Pilot abar bPeel e Mushy ar junaid er coach chilo..ei dujon er ki obostha ta nahoy nai bollam. :facepom:

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old September 24, 2012, 02:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

I have some serious doubts about the authenticity of Pilot's FB profile. Most of our players profile is run by either their friends or their near relatives.