facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #6601  
Old October 6, 2012, 12:30 PM
BrianLara7's Avatar
BrianLara7 BrianLara7 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 6, 2012
Posts: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
Narine is always ahead of Shak since KKR got strong batting line up
So if they pick narine we shouldnt start crying about conspiracy.. Unless Narine fails all the time and Shakib still doesn't get a chance.
Reply With Quote
  #6602  
Old October 6, 2012, 01:32 PM
dash dash is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 19, 2005
Posts: 1,526

http://kkr.in/news/knight39s-squad-for-clt20.aspx

mora-gun is not in the 15 man squad...
Reply With Quote
  #6603  
Old October 6, 2012, 03:01 PM
SS SS is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 24, 2004
Posts: 9,040

if Shakib gets benched he should just do the surgery to come back good what you guys think
Reply With Quote
  #6604  
Old October 6, 2012, 06:14 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,334

Brett Lee could well get a look in. If they want pacers then they would go with him. This is because there are no other decent pacers to go with if they want an extra pacer. But to me if KKR were realistic they would take Shakib over Kallis. Kallis is not a T20 player. But the problem is he is playing at home conditions and he bowls pace as well. So they will go with Kallis.

I would like to see RTD over Kallis tbh. That would put Bisla as opener and RTD can bowl pace. Kallis bats slowly in T20s. RTD is more attacking (has a healthy S.R of 130). But realistically speaking this will not happen.

1. G. Gambhir
2. Manvinder Bisla (wk)
3. B. McCullum
4. R. ten Doeschate
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. M. Tiwary
7. D. Das
8. Iqbal Abdulla
9. Rajat Bhatia
10. S. Narine
11. L. Balaji
Reply With Quote
  #6605  
Old October 7, 2012, 02:58 AM
Maysun's Avatar
Maysun Maysun is offline
MLC World Series I
 
Join Date: April 11, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 5,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
if Shakib gets benched he should just do the surgery to come back good what you guys think
That would probably rule him out of the WI tour, which none of us want.
Reply With Quote
  #6606  
Old October 7, 2012, 10:01 AM
sharup's Avatar
sharup sharup is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 15, 2012
Posts: 149

He should choose country before club.
Reply With Quote
  #6607  
Old October 7, 2012, 10:06 AM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharup
He should choose country before club.
Is Bangladesh playing in CLT20?
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #6608  
Old October 7, 2012, 09:31 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Location: @Dilcommissioner
Posts: 10,760



Came across this yesterday. +1

Where would rather see him play?

South Africa. They will be a full team with him. They can get rid of the likes of Tahir and Botha and other chuckers/chokers.
Reply With Quote
  #6609  
Old October 7, 2012, 09:45 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 16,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
http://kkr.in/news/knight39s-squad-for-clt20.aspx

mora-gun is not in the 15 man squad...
I am surprised!
As he was playing great for England in the T20 WC week back.
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #6610  
Old October 7, 2012, 09:53 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

Nice find Dillu. I think Australia would love to have him more. I mean have you seen their spinners?
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #6611  
Old October 8, 2012, 12:22 AM
dark mage dark mage is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 22, 2009
Posts: 566

Why isn't Shakib attending Saqlain's spin camp. Is it just me or does anyone else think his bowling performance has gone alarmingly downhill?
Reply With Quote
  #6612  
Old October 8, 2012, 02:06 AM
rinathq's Avatar
rinathq rinathq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad
Posts: 2,795

I dont see Shak getting a lot of matches tbh. The games are taking place in South Africa where the surface isnt welcoming for spinners. We know that KKR wont bench Narine. So i doubt if they will go with both Shak and Narine for most games. Having said that, i think he will still play a handful of matches because of his batting.

From a Bangladeshi point of view, the less matches he plays the better. He is a long tour coming up and he has injury concerns. In fact I wouldnt mind if gets only 2-3 games.
Reply With Quote
  #6613  
Old October 8, 2012, 09:07 AM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is online now
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 10,690

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
Why isn't Shakib attending Saqlain's spin camp. Is it just me or does anyone else think his bowling performance has gone alarmingly downhill?
He went to play CLT20, remember?
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #6614  
Old October 8, 2012, 09:22 AM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,437

Watching Shakib on Eurosports2 HD. Highlights from last years CLT20
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #6615  
Old October 8, 2012, 09:25 AM
Mr.Cricket Mr.Cricket is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: September 15, 2012
Posts: 81

Shakib is Shakib. No matter where his team plays, he's a must! But considering that he's team is governed by hateful indians, he might not play a handful of matches. But spending time with a team like this, in SA conditions, should do him a world of good.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Reply With Quote
  #6616  
Old October 8, 2012, 10:28 AM
sharup's Avatar
sharup sharup is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 15, 2012
Posts: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Is Bangladesh playing in CLT20?
Nope. He should take the time off from his club duties so that he can have some rest and perform better in the upcoming home series and then have the surgery. Playing in this CL might cause more harm to his ongoing issues with his knee and subsequently perhaps jeopardise his position in the BD team sheet.

Best option for him not to play for his club but have his country in mind.
Reply With Quote
  #6617  
Old October 8, 2012, 01:21 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,514

^ Does he have the option to do so, given his contract with KKR? I imagine he was also given a No Objection Certificate by the BCB too, otherwise he wouldn't be able to leave for RSA to participate!
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #6618  
Old October 9, 2012, 12:37 AM
mali007 mali007 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim
Posts: 1,271

In CL I think there is no limitation of foreign playrs , then KKR can accomodate Sakib and others .
Reply With Quote
  #6619  
Old October 9, 2012, 12:59 AM
tiger_army's Avatar
tiger_army tiger_army is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 7, 2006
Location: land down under
Favorite Player: who else?
Posts: 1,293

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharup
Nope. He should take the time off from his club duties so that he can have some rest and perform better in the upcoming home series and then have the surgery. Playing in this CL might cause more harm to his ongoing issues with his knee and subsequently perhaps jeopardise his position in the BD team sheet.

Best option for him not to play for his club but have his country in mind.


Ghore boshe rest er name med vuri baranor theke CLT20 khela valo... Everybody knows Shakib wouldnt play all the games so he will get proper rest. Also he can spend some quality time with some good cricketing brain around the world. I must say Shakibs cricketing brain has developed more since he started playing for overseas clubs.
__________________
"What a magnificent shot! No, he's out."
Reply With Quote
  #6620  
Old October 9, 2012, 01:18 AM
Naimul_Hd's Avatar
Naimul_Hd Naimul_Hd is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: October 18, 2008
Location: Global City of Australia
Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Posts: 13,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
Ghore boshe rest er name med vuri baranor theke CLT20 khela valo... Everybody knows Shakib wouldnt play all the games so he will get proper rest. Also he can spend some quality time with some good cricketing brain around the world. I must say Shakibs cricketing brain has developed more since he started playing for overseas clubs.
Agreed.
Reply With Quote
  #6621  
Old October 9, 2012, 01:48 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 6,680

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
Why isn't Shakib attending Saqlain's spin camp. Is it just me or does anyone else think his bowling performance has gone alarmingly downhill?
It's not just you. He needs to play more of "longer version" cricket to get his groove back.
__________________
Char Chokka Hoi Hoi... Orange Juice Pamu Koi?
Reply With Quote
  #6622  
Old October 9, 2012, 02:31 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,264

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
Ghore boshe rest er name med vuri baranor theke CLT20 khela valo... Everybody knows Shakib wouldnt play all the games so he will get proper rest. Also he can spend some quality time with some good cricketing brain around the world. I must say Shakibs cricketing brain has developed more since he started playing for overseas clubs.
playing for overseas clubs no doubt has given shakib more insight into how professional other players are and what their work ethic and determination is like to improve. i really hope more BD players get to play for other teams in other parts of the world for a decent amount of time so they to can understand what sort of requirements are needed to succeed at the highest level of cricket, they can then bring it back to BD and start to improve the BD culture. if the national team players have a good professional culture then the fringe players and the players working towards national team caps will be forced to work harder and get more professional or they won't have a shot.

shakib has opened the door, tamim got a look in for a short bit, hopefully guys like nasir, mushy, rubel, sunny etc will get that opportunity.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #6623  
Old October 9, 2012, 03:11 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
In CL I think there is no limitation of foreign playrs , then KKR can accomodate Sakib and others .
Very good point... Can the IPL teams violate that rule in CL T20?? Not sure though, but that would be excellent...and interesting. But I think they stuck to this rule last time.
Reply With Quote
  #6624  
Old October 9, 2012, 03:16 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
playing for overseas clubs no doubt has given shakib more insight into how professional other players are and what their work ethic and determination is like to improve. i really hope more BD players get to play for other teams in other parts of the world for a decent amount of time so they to can understand what sort of requirements are needed to succeed at the highest level of cricket, they can then bring it back to BD and start to improve the BD culture. if the national team players have a good professional culture then the fringe players and the players working towards national team caps will be forced to work harder and get more professional or they won't have a shot.

shakib has opened the door, tamim got a look in for a short bit, hopefully guys like nasir, mushy, rubel, sunny etc will get that opportunity.
Point is very good. But if the other players keep proving time and time again that they are crap players and Shakib is way way ahead of them, that scares overseas recruiters to recruit them.

These guys have to prove their worth by their own performances with the national team, Shakib has paved the way, but can't pull their performance up.
Reply With Quote
  #6625  
Old October 9, 2012, 03:22 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,264

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Point is very good. But if the other players keep proving time and time again that they are crap players and Shakib is way way ahead of them, that scares overseas recruiters to recruit them.

These guys have to prove their worth by their own performances with the national team, Shakib has paved the way, but can't pull their performance up.
of course you are right, hopefully tamim continues as he has done or improves, he is solid in ODIs but his test record so far is quite good so if he is able to maintain that then opportunities are more likely to arise. nasir also has done well so far, if he continues or improves he could start to get offers. mushy has to improve consistency to get some offers but he got some insight in the SLPL. rubel was improving before his injury, especially in ODIs he was becoming quite decent.

but for sure they have to prove their worth through their own performance, they have to earn it themselves.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket