facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #351  
Old December 2, 2012, 11:24 PM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,738

I think many of you may have missed this post. As we neglect to scroll up, I give you this again. To add to what Holden has said, the kid is still a teen - just a kid, FFS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden
I have to pull you up on this post, you have distorted some facts (his Strike-Rate) whilst also neglecting to mention significant mitigating events in the game (when Mushy and Nasir got out in succession).

You disagree with the point that he slowed down in the 90's and claim that he actually slowed down before that in the 70's/80's to his hundred. You mention he was "scoring at 85+ at one point to looking pathetic, tentative and completely incapable of nudging it around for singles".
Well firstly, he only hit a SR of 85 very briefly going from 50-100 runs, his average SR during this period was more like 80 give or take:-

End of over 19: 42/55= 76
End of over 20: 47/59= 80
End of over 21: 53/62= 85
End of over 23: 56/70= 80
End of over 25: 62/76= 82
End of over 27: 68/83= 82
End of over 29: 73/91= 80
End of over 31: 77/100= 77
End of over 33: 80/106= 75
End of over 35: 86/110= 78
End of over 37: 88/112= 79
End of over 39: 90/115= 78
End of over 41: 93/124= 75
End of over 43: 96/128= 75
End of over 45: 98/133= 74
End of over 47: 100/139= 72

From the above you can see from overs 19-29 his average SR is just above 80, and then this dips to 75 at the end of over 33 but then starts to go up again till the end of over 37 where he is striking just below 80.
Then something significant happens at the end of over 37 which you neglected to mention in your post; At the end of over 37 Mushy is out and then at the end of over 39 Nasir is out, so there ere two quick wickets in succession, and from the above you can see that from this point his SR starts to decrease. Wouldn't you expect that to happen to most batsmen, let alone someone playing only in his 2nd ODI. When a team loses two wickets in succession naturally the batsman at the other end is going to be cautious to prevent a collapse from happening. This is the main reason for Anamul in slowing down, he plays out a maiden from Narine at over 41, just an over after Nasir was out. So in fact I would say he was playing FOR the team rather than himself in trying to prevent a collapse.

From over 44 he is stuck on 98 for a bit but again this is quite natural as he is nearing his hundred however if you want to be uber critical then yes he was a bit selfish FROM THIS POINT where a combination of tight bowling and nerves got to him; it took him 8 balls to get from 98 to his hundred. So out of the 145 balls he played he was selfish for 8 of them, HOW DARE HE!!
Reply With Quote
  #352  
Old December 2, 2012, 11:25 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
I went to a Bangla Medium school when in I lived in Dhaka. I went to the University Laboratory School at the DU campus from 1974 to 1979.
You missed my point. I actually went to English medium school and that post was offensive to a slight degree. (Again perhaps you had a bad experience with a fair share but that results in generalization.)
Reply With Quote
  #353  
Old December 2, 2012, 11:43 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I think many of you may have missed this post. As we neglect to scroll up, I give you this again. To add to what Holden has said, the kid is still a teen - just a kid, FFS.
Great post by Holden. Couldn't have said it any better.
Reply With Quote
  #354  
Old December 3, 2012, 12:13 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
প্রশ্ন : বাংলাদেশ জাতীয় দলে প্রথম ডাক পাওয়ার সময় বেশির ভাগ ক্রিকেটারই দেখে যে দল বেশির ভাগ ম্যাচ হারে। আপনি না খেললেও দেখলেন, দল জিততে পারে। ভবিষ্যৎ পথচলায় এটি কতটা কাজে দেবে?
এনামুল : খুব। দলের মতো আমারও মনে হচ্ছে, আমাকে পেছনে ফিরে তাকালে চলবে না। তামিম ভাই চার ফিফটি মারলে আমাকেও চারটি মারতে হবে। বরং এর মধ্যে একটিকে হান্ড্রেড করতে হবে। সাকিব ভাই ম্যান অব দ্য টুর্নামেন্ট হলে আমি কেন পারব না? আমি না খেললেও এই আত্মবিশ্বাস নিজের ভেতরে টের পাই। আর চোখের সামনে দেখলাম তো ভারত-শ্রীলঙ্কাকে হারানো যায়। পাকিস্তানকে হারাতে পারিনি সেটি দুর্ভাগ্য। আমি ভাবি, এসব সম্ভব হলে, অস্ট্রেলিয়া-ইংল্যান্ডে গিয়েও ওদের হারানো সম্ভব। সত্যি সত্যিই মনে হচ্ছে, এখন আমাদের এগিয়ে যেতে হবে। পেছনে ফিরে তাকানোর সময় শেষ।
On Target So Far......
Reply With Quote
  #355  
Old December 3, 2012, 12:49 AM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I think many of you may have missed this post. As we neglect to scroll up, I give you this again. To add to what Holden has said, the kid is still a teen - just a kid. [edited]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden
I have to pull you up on this post, you have distorted some facts (his Strike-Rate) whilst also neglecting to mention significant mitigating events in the game (when Mushy and Nasir got out in succession).

You disagree with the point that he slowed down in the 90's and claim that he actually slowed down before that in the 70's/80's to his hundred. You mention he was "scoring at 85+ at one point to looking pathetic, tentative and completely incapable of nudging it around for singles".
Well firstly, he only hit a SR of 85 very briefly going from 50-100 runs, his average SR during this period was more like 80 give or take:-

End of over 19: 42/55= 76
End of over 20: 47/59= 80
End of over 21: 53/62= 85
End of over 23: 56/70= 80
End of over 25: 62/76= 82
End of over 27: 68/83= 82
End of over 29: 73/91= 80
End of over 31: 77/100= 77
End of over 33: 80/106= 75
End of over 35: 86/110= 78
End of over 37: 88/112= 79
End of over 39: 90/115= 78
End of over 41: 93/124= 75
End of over 43: 96/128= 75
End of over 45: 98/133= 74
End of over 47: 100/139= 72

From the above you can see from overs 19-29 his average SR is just above 80, and then this dips to 75 at the end of over 33 but then starts to go up again till the end of over 37 where he is striking just below 80.
Then something significant happens at the end of over 37 which you neglected to mention in your post; At the end of over 37 Mushy is out and then at the end of over 39 Nasir is out, so there ere two quick wickets in succession, and from the above you can see that from this point his SR starts to decrease. Wouldn't you expect that to happen to most batsmen, let alone someone playing only in his 2nd ODI. When a team loses two wickets in succession naturally the batsman at the other end is going to be cautious to prevent a collapse from happening. This is the main reason for Anamul in slowing down, he plays out a maiden from Narine at over 41, just an over after Nasir was out. So in fact I would say he was playing FOR the team rather than himself in trying to prevent a collapse.

From over 44 he is stuck on 98 for a bit but again this is quite natural as he is nearing his hundred however if you want to be uber critical then yes he was a bit selfish FROM THIS POINT where a combination of tight bowling and nerves got to him; it took him 8 balls to get from 98 to his hundred. So out of the 145 balls he played he was selfish for 8 of them. [edited]
Actually, come to think of it - his cumulative strike rate did not diminish that much with the dots between runs 90 to 100. He pretty much maintained it between his long term (for the innings) strike rate of 85 to 83 (In red dots). Interesting. Thanks!

__________________
I Want to Believe

Last edited by zsayeed; December 3, 2012 at 02:22 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #356  
Old December 3, 2012, 02:27 AM
cricket_pagol's Avatar
cricket_pagol cricket_pagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 20, 2004
Location: Indiana
Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib
Posts: 6,011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I am not going to argue about the fairness of criticism, as everything is fair game. However keep in mind, Sakib at the beginning of this career was also accused of playing slowly and padding his stat instead of playing for the team's need. With experience, players can play more confidently and more according to team's need. So even I can understand some fan's criticism. if you ask me, I think. over time and more success, Anamul will be able to pace his innings better according to team's need. Its too early to be too harsh on him.
Agree with Fazal bro, We have to remember that this is Anamul's second ODI. He should learn with time. If he doesn't, then criticizing him is fair game.
__________________
Win Or Lose - We are ALWAYS with you BANGLADESH
Reply With Quote
  #357  
Old December 3, 2012, 02:33 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,366

Well, I don't blame anyone for fearing the worst, after all we've had more than our fair share of butchered expectations and disappointments, as long as that fear doesn't prematurely cloud our judgement as to what's really going on out there, and makes us lose our perspective. Being critical is also welcome as long it's constructive and helps the player become even better.

I'm very optimistic about the next generation of cricketers to come while being aware of the fact that not all of them would make the transition. That being said, the transition looks good so far. Nasir, Shohag, Bijoy and Shourobh all look good so far. Raju elated us with his test 100 on debut and began to bowled well in the first ODI. Even Shubhagoto did well 2 out of the 3 innings he batted in.

I cannot wait to see Shubhagoto given a chance again, and eagerly await Rumman's debut. Then there's Taskin, Soumya, Sohan, Shubhashish and Munna to come before too long.

Era bhinno dhoroner polapain MashAllah. We're getting better by the "graduating class" and that's a fact.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #358  
Old December 3, 2012, 03:15 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

A little slow but I can understand that he was approaching his first century and it was only his 2nd ODI. To criticize his slowness during the vital overs, we really need to see him for 4/5 matches at least.

ENAMUL HOQUE BIJOY

Over 35: Balls Faced: 02, Runs Score: 01------ Team Score: 173/2 ..... On 85
Over 36: Balls Faced: 01, Runs Score: 01 ------ Team Score: 175/2
Over 37: Balls Faced: 01, Runs Score: 01 ------ Team Score: 192/2
Over 38: Balls Faced: 03, Runs Score: 02 ------ Team Score: 195/2
Over 40: Balls Faced: 03, Runs Score: 03 ------ Team Score: 198/3
Over 41: Balls Faced: 06, Runs Score: 00 ------ Team Score: 206/4
Over 42: Balls Faced: 03, Runs Score: 02 ------ Team Score: 206/4
Over 43: Balls Faced: 01, Runs Score: 01 ------ Team Score: 212/4
Over 44: Balls Faced: 03, Runs Score: 02 ------ Team Score: 213/4
Over 45: Balls Faced: 02, Runs Score: 00 ------ Team Score: 223/4
Over 46: Balls Faced: 02, Runs Score: 00 ------ Team Score: 224/4
Over 47: Balls Faced: 04, Runs Score: 02 ------ Team Score: 226/4 -Completes Century
.................................................. .................................................. ........................................
Total balls faced 31 and runs scored 15....
Reply With Quote
  #359  
Old December 3, 2012, 03:55 AM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,351

A few "points to ponder"

1. Anamul's innings was brilliant. The team had it's largest ODI win of all time. There is no criticism of a 19 year old in these circumstances. Anyone who does really has no clue about cricket.

2. Anamul is someone who responded well to the Dhaka Gladiator's set up where we told all the batters to "hit a four, take a single". Those of you who watched the BPL would have seen the batsmen attempting this with Anamul being very good at it mostly. This is why I said back then I was backing this kid to be special.

3. Regarding bowling coach/head coach. West Indies have one (Ottis Gibson) and Pakistan had one (Waqar Younis). UAE now has one (Aaqib Javed). A bowling coach knows a GREAT DEAL MORE about batting, because you have to understand how to bowl to batters and work out their weakness. This is on top of the fact that to be a qualified Level 3 Head Coach, you have to be able to coach batting, bowling and fielding and pass all sections of that before you can be qualified. Imran Nazir whilst at DG is an example of a batsman who benefitted from such a system.

4. As long as Anamul doesn't fall into the Shakib/Tamim trap of not training as hard as others, or the generic mindset of "I've made the national team I'm happy" thought processes of the majority of BD players in the past, then I think we have someone who has the ability to go on far further than any other Bangladeshi player. His is technically minded as well - a fact that helps set him apart from most in the team - meaning he will works on flaws in his game.

5. Please do not do what you normally do on forums and destroy this lad if he slips up sometimes. From my heart, this lad has a gift that needs nurturing... give him all the support you can


On a personal level, I really hope I can return to the BPL and have Anamul in my squad again.
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #360  
Old December 3, 2012, 04:10 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
4. As long as Anamul doesn't fall into the Shakib/Tamim trap of not training as hard as others, or the generic mindset of "I've made the national team I'm happy" thought processes of the majority of BD players in the past, then I think we have someone who has the ability to go on far further than any other Bangladeshi player. His is technically minded as well - a fact that helps set him apart from most in the team - meaning he will works on flaws in his game.
Hope so...
Reply With Quote
  #361  
Old December 3, 2012, 04:36 AM
tatsu-oga tatsu-oga is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 20, 2012
Posts: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
A few "points to ponder"

1. Anamul's innings was brilliant. The team had it's largest ODI win of all time. There is no criticism of a 19 year old in these circumstances. Anyone who does really has no clue about cricket.

2. Anamul is someone who responded well to the Dhaka Gladiator's set up where we told all the batters to "hit a four, take a single". Those of you who watched the BPL would have seen the batsmen attempting this with Anamul being very good at it mostly. This is why I said back then I was backing this kid to be special.

3. Regarding bowling coach/head coach. West Indies have one (Ottis Gibson) and Pakistan had one (Waqar Younis). UAE now has one (Aaqib Javed). A bowling coach knows a GREAT DEAL MORE about batting, because you have to understand how to bowl to batters and work out their weakness. This is on top of the fact that to be a qualified Level 3 Head Coach, you have to be able to coach batting, bowling and fielding and pass all sections of that before you can be qualified. Imran Nazir whilst at DG is an example of a batsman who benefitted from such a system.

4. As long as Anamul doesn't fall into the Shakib/Tamim trap of not training as hard as others, or the generic mindset of "I've made the national team I'm happy" thought processes of the majority of BD players in the past, then I think we have someone who has the ability to go on far further than any other Bangladeshi player. His is technically minded as well - a fact that helps set him apart from most in the team - meaning he will works on flaws in his game.

5. Please do not do what you normally do on forums and destroy this lad if he slips up sometimes. From my heart, this lad has a gift that needs nurturing... give him all the support you can


On a personal level, I really hope I can return to the BPL and have Anamul in my squad again.
Coach if you coach any county side or any lower league side,plz recruit Anamul and also Mominul if you can. Anamul has great talent and pretty good temperament but he does not have experience in playing in seaming conditions. I remember him struggling in Zimbabwe in seaming pitches,he needs that experience,and BCB should also try arranging tours for the A team in SA or England to play against their A teams or HP squads and send these talented youngsters there.
Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old December 3, 2012, 01:47 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 17,013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
A few "points to ponder"

1. There is no criticism of a 19 year old in these circumstances. Anyone who does really has no clue about cricket.
Coach, now that's an emotional statement!?

We all know Bijoy is young and this is only his second ODI. What if he was out early in the 2nd ODI and tigers might be out of the game even before completing 50 over?

He did a brilliant job - no question about that. Though, he surely looked over cautious at some point. If he was out just after his ton, and had Bangladesh lost the match, most would have blamed Bijoy - I have no doubt about that (i.e., example of Tendu against the Tigers in Asia Cup 2012)!!

But we won and Bijoy made it up after his ton by some quick runs. It was indeed a magnificent innings and instrumental to our win.
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old December 3, 2012, 01:58 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,737

cheleta koto gulo player-er kopal puralo.... SN...Juanid... Emrul... Ashraful...

Dosh ta na ... bishta na.... ditio tateye century? Ajkalkar chelera senior player-der shomman rakte shiklo na.
__________________
Stop that “chudurbudur”
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old December 3, 2012, 02:03 PM
Equinox Equinox is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 25, 2009
Posts: 7,751

Maybe we should all make an effort to call him Enamul or Bijoy from now on. After watching the interview of his parents, it seems like this is something they feel strongly about.
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old December 3, 2012, 02:07 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 17,013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Maybe we should all make an effort to call him Enamul or Bijoy from now on. After watching the interview of his parents, it seems like this is something they feel strongly about.
Indeed. Bijoy himself like to call him Enamul instead of Anamul per Prothom Alo.
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old December 3, 2012, 02:08 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,737

Bijor is a nice name, matches with what he represents... these new kids are built with a winning mentality.
__________________
Stop that “chudurbudur”
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old December 3, 2012, 02:54 PM
Max100 Max100 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 12, 2012
Location: Hawaii
Favorite Player: miller,ryder,warner,nasir
Posts: 905

Can we name him enamul bijoy, so no confusion with other two enamul, sr , jr
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old December 3, 2012, 02:57 PM
Hamlafan Hamlafan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 3, 2012
Posts: 600

Enamul Haque times 2: How to differenciate?
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old December 3, 2012, 03:06 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 2,756

You hear that Anamul? You stay away from TI and Shakib, they're a bad influence!
__________________
"Life is a dream from which we all must wake."
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old December 3, 2012, 10:21 PM
KaaL-PurusH KaaL-PurusH is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 14, 2006
Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared
Posts: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel

I'm very optimistic about the next generation of cricketers to come while being aware of the fact that
I cannot wait to see Shubhagoto given a chance again, and eagerly await Rumman's debut. Then there's Taskin, Soumya, Sohan, Shubhashish and Munna to come before too long.

Era bhinno dhoroner polapain MashAllah. We're getting better by the "graduating class" and that's a fact.
Eto gula pola dol e dhukle to Shakib, Nasir, Tamim der bhat shesh.
Reply With Quote
  #371  
Old December 3, 2012, 11:05 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,423

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
He didn't slow down in his nineties, he started BEFORE that, somewhere around his 70s/80s, when his SR dropped below the 80's. Look, I know that treating adults like kids is characteristic of Bangladeshi culture, but let's put things in perspective. No need to get carried away by personal milestones and no need to get carried away with the criticisms either.

The fact is, Anamul went from scoring at an 85+ SR at one point to looking pathetic, tentative and completely incapable of nudging it around for singles. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks is "enough" to win the game - you go out there to bat trying to get as many as you can within the 50 overs. So yes, when we needed him to hit, he bogged down trying to get to his century first, wasting a good number of deliveries in the process. It got to a point where I was going to give him the benefit of doubt, assuming he was incapable of improvisation and needed more time to get there. But the way he went off right after his hundred shows that he was playing for his century and thereby himself, which made the century celebrations look pretty pathetic, IMO.

I'm not devaluing the impact of his inning. Let's take a look at the facts. The fact is that although he has limitations, he has thus far played within them to quickly adjust to international cricket. Yes, he is new and inexperienced and can improve his game with time, at least I believe so after having watched him in these two ODIs. He remained calm in the face of crisis early on in the inning and got us out of trouble. There is no questioning any of that.

But it's the attitude on display from the time he was on his 70's/80's to the time he got to his hundred that I have a problem with and think it needs to be nipped in the bud. I think this is fair criticism. You don't want someone taking 135 deliveries to get to a hundred on a flat deck in this age, especially when the team needs to accelerate. I don't know about others, but I for one wasn't expecting him to take risks or manufacture runs out of extravagant shots. Ones and twos would have been fine. But to go from 47* off 57 or so to 99* off 135 is inexcusable. The ODI game has evolved and with it, the role of the anchor. An anchor doesn't just get bogged down throughout the inning anymore. You're expected to keep scoring at a healthy SR.

What others do or don't do isn't really of concern here. If Tamim can't get 100s, go bash him in his thread. If Mushfiq gets out on 75 and you have a problem with that, by all means, go yell at him in his thread. Why must we have one extreme or the other? Why must we have either someone who goes into a shell to score a hundred or someone who doesn't get there at all? Why can't we for once have someone who'll do it at a healthy SR so we can get to, say, 320+, or as much as we can get?

Again, I think it's very fair to criticize somebody playing for himself, regardless of the outcome. Tendulkar did that against us earlier this year and had to pay for it. I do have issues with people going after personal milestones and putting them above the team, then celebrating like it's the greatest achievement in the world. If someone else doesn't have a problem with that attitude, then all power to them.

80-100. That's where my problem is with his inning. Otherwise, like I said before, he did a great job of playing within his limitations and pulling us out of misery. I do believe that with time he'll shed the attitude issue (he must if he's going to compete with guys like Faf, for who the team comes before the individual, even on debut). Someone needs to drill it into him, though, if he doesn't get it on his own. It doesn't matter that this is his debut series and it doesn't matter that he's 20. No one should give a s**t, because it's the nation's interest that comes first. We need to start beating better teams more regularly and while his selfishness to get to his hundred might not have hurt us much today (we won't know until the game is over), we will need to build a culture of putting the team first and instill it in newcomers and oldies alike to be able to reach the top, which should be the ultimate goal.
While I understand your reasoning, I can't agree. Wickets of set batsmen (eg Mushy) had fallen in his allegedly selfish phase. Assuming he got out trying to accelerate or not wasting time getting his ton (Shakib from last Test, anyone?) that could damage the team just as much as him slowing down. How many times have we seen 180-2 in 40 overs become 240-8 by the close of the innings? Is that what we want?

At least by not getting out, he has the chance to explode later - which he did and make up for it.

Yes cricket is about scoring as many as you can, but just as its not about hitting every ball for 6 to achieve that, its also not about abandoning circumspection or even personal milestones because as they say, you can't score when you're sitting in the dressing room.

There's nothing wrong with starting slow, or even starting quick slowing down a bit after a good start. The only thing is being slow when you get out or being unbeaten after a slow-all-the-way-through knock (Ash fifty vs PAK in Kitply Cup).

Anam's 120 doesn't qualify under any of those criteria.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old December 4, 2012, 05:46 PM
MyRoom MyRoom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 17, 2012
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul
Posts: 866

Here is a video of Anamul Haque wicketkeeping skills plus the young leg spinner Noor Hossain who seriously needs to be managed because he has talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS2dmwa5fd0
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old December 4, 2012, 06:13 PM
affan_ayan affan_ayan is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 25, 2011
Posts: 139

"Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman

The fact is, Anamul went from scoring at an 85+ SR at one point to looking pathetic, tentative and completely incapable of nudging it around for singles. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks is "enough" to win the game - you go out there to bat trying to get as many as you can within the 50 overs. So yes, when we needed him to hit, he bogged down trying to get to his century first, wasting a good number of deliveries in the process. It got to a point where I was going to give him the benefit of doubt, assuming he was incapable of improvisation and needed more time to get there. But the way he went off right after his hundred shows that he was playing for his century and thereby himself, which made the century celebrations look pretty pathetic, IMO."

Pathetic analysis! I wonder he has any idea of how to make a real century in an actual cricket field and more importantly, what is the effect of a century in a team like BD. I also wonder whether he saw so many BD innings where we promised to make 300+ with quick fire from Shaqib/Tamim but eneded up 230/240. Also, look at the video of tendulkar centuries and how eventually, helped that India! Finally, you can always wonder what could have been the ideal but at the same time you need to use some sanity on what worse could have happened! Polatare praise na koira ulta bhul rasta dekhaitache!
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old December 6, 2012, 04:25 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,388

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...07/news/311349

জাতীয় দলে প্রথম এসেছিলেন গত এশিয়া কাপে। সেবার খেলার সুযোগ না হলেও এবার গায়ে মাখছেন জাতীয় দলের আসল রোমাঞ্চ, ‘না খেললে আসলে বোঝা যায় না। এখন খেলে বুঝতে পারছি, দলের সবাই কতটা সমর্থন করছে আমাকে। তামিম ভাইয়ের সঙ্গে ব্যাট করা তো অসাধারণ অভিজ্ঞতা। উনি যেভাবে জায়গায় দাঁড়িয়ে শট খেলেন, অন্য প্রান্তে দাঁড়িয়ে লজ্জাই লাগে।’ প্রথম ম্যাচে তামিমের দেওয়া একটা টোটকা আজীবন মনে রাখতে চান এই ওপেনার, ‘তামিম ভাই বলেছেন, সামনে বল পেলেই ছক্কা মেরে দিবি। কথাটা সারা জীবন মনে রাখব।’

tamim er khawa daiya kaj nai eishob ki ulta palta tips dei
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old December 6, 2012, 05:28 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,907

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...07/news/311349

জাতীয় দলে প্রথম এসেছিলেন গত এশিয়া কাপে। সেবার খেলার সুযোগ না হলেও এবার গায়ে মাখছেন জাতীয় দলের আসল রোমাঞ্চ, ‘না খেললে আসলে বোঝা যায় না। এখন খেলে বুঝতে পারছি, দলের সবাই কতটা সমর্থন করছে আমাকে। তামিম ভাইয়ের সঙ্গে ব্যাট করা তো অসাধারণ অভিজ্ঞতা। উনি যেভাবে জায়গায় দাঁড়িয়ে শট খেলেন, অন্য প্রান্তে দাঁড়িয়ে লজ্জাই লাগে।’ প্রথম ম্যাচে তামিমের দেওয়া একটা টোটকা আজীবন মনে রাখতে চান এই ওপেনার, ‘তামিম ভাই বলেছেন, সামনে বল পেলেই ছক্কা মেরে দিবি। কথাটা সারা জীবন মনে রাখব।’

tam im er khawa daiya kaj nai eishob ki ulta palta tips dei
Bhujlam na...ball to samnei thakbe, ei bole ki ptotti bole chokka marte hobe?:_-

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket