facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Mushfiqur be stripped of captaincy?
Yes 57 41.01%
No 69 49.64%
Don't know 13 9.35%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 7, 2012, 07:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Dropped twice, the guy needs to pass on his gloves.
Old December 7, 2012, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Might as well be stripped of his captaincy, the way the team has played he's already been stripped of his clothes.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old December 9, 2012, 01:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

ki bepar ,ei thread e keo post korena keno

Yes he has a lot of things to work on and yes he is not always consistent but best thing about him being capt is under him we shine as a team, the team spirit is high, as a capt u need to be loved by your team mates,so that they will want to do it for u and offcourse for the country.
Mushy has that influence on his boys.
Before him under other capt. it was more abt individual achievements and shomman jonok win.
Old December 10, 2012, 10:24 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

The decision to bowl Rubel in those two overs was the difference. The other difference was dropping Samuels twice. Mushfiqur should give up keeping and captaincy.

I am okay with mistakes from a young captain. But, I am not okay with not learning from past mistakes. Mushfiqur has not learned from his earlier mistakes SRK in Asia Cup, Rubel in ODI series, and today again. If there is no improvement, someone else could be tried. At least, make Shakib the VC. Maybe he will remember these debacles and advice Mushfiqur should he repeat these (which I am afraid he might).
Old December 10, 2012, 10:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
The decision to bowl Rubel in those two overs was the difference. The other difference was dropping Samuels twice. Mushfiqur should give up keeping and captaincy.

I am okay with mistakes from a young captain. But, I am not okay with not learning from past mistakes. Mushfiqur has not learned from his earlier mistakes SRK in Asia Cup, Rubel in ODI series, and today again. If there is no improvement, someone else could be tried. At least, make Shakib the VC. Maybe he will remember these debacles and advice Mushfiqur should he repeat these (which I am afraid he might).
Game, set, and Match.
Old December 10, 2012, 10:27 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

^He had no choice. But when he was hurt. Why did he continue with the gloves? After he got hurt, He dropped samuel and missed a stumping too. I wouldn't have mind him keeping the gloves if Another WK if he wasn't there, but Anam was there, yet he continued and gave 2 life to Samuels
Old December 10, 2012, 10:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Old December 10, 2012, 10:39 AM

In his interview with Shamim, I did not get any indication that he has learned.

Go with your better death bowlers during death overs, Mushfiqur! Is that so difficult?
Old December 10, 2012, 11:06 AM
Test Cricketer

No need to stripped of his captaincy yet,but must pass wkt keeping role to someone.
Old December 10, 2012, 11:21 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

The problem is we have no one else. Shakib is a good captain but too much overload for him considering he's an all-rounder.
Old December 10, 2012, 11:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

I really wanted to vote 'Yes' here. As this doesnt offer any for which format he shouldn't captain BD team at all (IMO t20) I'm skipping it.
Old December 10, 2012, 12:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

If we want to change captain every time they made a wrong decision then we have to debu new players/captain every other series. I remember when flamming of new zealand was sacked from captaincy he said i just started enjoying and understanding captaincy and that is after he being a good captain for long time... and if you look at other great captain they have made blunders even after being captain for long time... Azher taking fielding in WC semis come to my mind. and mushi became a captain for a year now. he made a choice didn't work out, lets move on. don't be like indian fans and scrutinize every thing.. be like SL fans.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old December 10, 2012, 12:27 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
^He had no choice. But when he was hurt. Why did he continue with the gloves? After he got hurt, He dropped samuel and missed a stumping too. I wouldn't have mind him keeping the gloves if Another WK if he wasn't there, but Anam was there, yet he continued and gave 2 life to Samuels
He was afraid he might lose his job permanently.
Old December 10, 2012, 12:49 PM

I also am not in favor of changing captain at the drop of a hat. But, I want a captain to learn from past mistakes. He has made the same mistake at least 3 times, and it did not look like he has learned from today's mistake. "Some days, the batsmen is in a groove and will hit anyone..." Use a good death bowler at death overs! Rubel has not been good in death overs since returning.

I am very disappointed. But, first, they need to take his gloves away. Maybe keeping and skipping together has been difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
If we want to change captain every time they made a wrong decision then we have to debu new players/captain every other series. I remember when flamming of new zealand was sacked from captaincy he said i just started enjoying and understanding captaincy and that is after he being a good captain for long time... and if you look at other great captain they have made blunders even after being captain for long time... Azher taking fielding in WC semis come to my mind. and mushi became a captain for a year now. he made a choice didn't work out, lets move on. don't be like indian fans and scrutinize every thing.. be like SL fans.
Old December 10, 2012, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Had the privilege of visiting a SL cricket forum some time ago. Got to say they are worse than Indian fans of ICF.
Old December 10, 2012, 12:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
The problem is we have no one else. Shakib is a good captain but too much overload for him considering he's an all-rounder.
That is the main problem. We have no other option left. Shakib can be a option but he have little control on the players. His tenure was not good either. Best option can be to make Shakib the vice captain.
Old December 10, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Today rubel bowled well in the 1st overs and he is our best. who else he should have brought in? we want him to bring mcgra or stain when we don't have them???
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old December 10, 2012, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Simple question to shuziburo: who should have bowled?
Old December 10, 2012, 02:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Whatever he is a legend, he got Man of the Series award, the one and only Mushfiq. Change him? No way please
Old December 10, 2012, 02:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Not only he should be stripped off Captaincy , he should be stripped of Cloths !! What a MORON . He did not injure his finger , just was faking to cover up the silly drop !! SL is rotating captaincy among Sangakara , Joyverdon and Dilshan according to performances and thats paying them positive results . Its time to try Mahmudullah as Captain. In test and ODI , he did not choose Mahmudullah to bat upper order , now he tried him in T20 , rediculous !!
Old December 10, 2012, 03:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Not only he should be stripped off Captaincy , he should be stripped of Cloths !! What a MORON . He did not injure his finger , just was faking to cover up the silly drop !! SL is rotating captaincy among Sangakara , Joyverdon and Dilshan according to performances and thats paying them positive results . Its time to try Mahmudullah as Captain. In test and ODI , he did not choose Mahmudullah to bat upper order , now he tried him in T20 , rediculous !!
Could not have said it any better.
Old December 10, 2012, 03:44 PM
Cricket Sage

kok kok kok !!!! Murga Naki?

harley Press Conference-e attend kore na keno?
Old December 10, 2012, 09:05 PM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

captaincy or no captaincy..mushy simply needs to give up Keeping, he was never good to begin with but now as we have another WK in the team, no need to continue with him
Old December 10, 2012, 09:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib; Tamim; Riyad

Like a lot of other people said here, there are no other options. Sakib is overloaded with work. We do not have too many options here. Mahmudullah is still unstable with his position in the team. Don't even say Mash, he is not a regular. So no other options.

The thing we need to learn is how to use our bowlers. A guy like Rubel should never be used as a death bowler if there is a set batsman on the other end. Rubel is more of an opener material. You can have him hit the deck hard with pace and then bring in the spinners later. That is his role. Once the ball gets old, he is of no use in an ODI. Its all about knowing your own players as a captain. That is the only way to utelise them right. If you don't know which chess piece moves in what way, you can not be the king. You might as well be the pawn in the game.

But having said all of this, I have to say that in the end Mushy went for the Win!! He did not want to settle and see where it goes which is why he made that change. He thought a fast bowler would be more threatening. Bad mistake with that move, but at least he had the right attitude. A sharp contrast from any BD captain before Sakib. At least you know he believes in his team!
Old December 11, 2012, 02:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
Mahmudullah is still unstable with his position in the team.
not sure if srs