facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 10, 2012, 05:50 PM
Banned

29 runs ... wak thooo
Old December 10, 2012, 07:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Rubel bowled one of the best deliveries in Bangladesh Cricket yesterday. The ball that got Dwane Smith out bowled was one of the best balls delivered in the history of our game. However, he was unlucky, unlucky that he did not get to continue bowling when the condition was so good for bowling pace. He was unlucky that Samuels after being given 3 lives was in that devastating mood and would have destroyed any bowler that came in his way.
Old December 10, 2012, 08:13 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

It was dumb of Rahim to take him out of the attack when they had no answer for him. Should've saved Shaiful and bowled at least one more from Rubel. And knowing how he went for crap load of runs against Samuels he shouldn't have made that mistake.
Old December 10, 2012, 08:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
It was dumb of Rahim to take him out of the attack when they had no answer for him. Should've saved Shaiful and bowled at least one more from Rubel. And knowing how he went for crap load of runs against Samuels he shouldn't have made that mistake.
It wouldn't have mattered. Samuels should have never lasted that long to begin with. No matter who bowled the last couple overs Samuels would have still went on with his attack. We lost our chance to get Samuels, and he made us pay. I think from a captains perspective saving Rubel for the end wasn't a bad idea, because he did pick up 2 wickets. And you want the save the bowler who is on song for the end of the innings.

I think had Zia or Shafi bowled the last overs they still would have gone for runs, and we'd be here going Mushy was stupid not to save Rubel for the end because he is the one who picked up wickets.
Old December 11, 2012, 06:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

That was a gem of a delivery to Smith. Really enjoyed that delivery.
Old March 23, 2013, 11:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Rubel should be dropped from the team forever! Enough!!!
Old September 15, 2013, 02:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

This guy is in the form of his life!

6 wickets followed by a 5 wicket haul!

Old September 15, 2013, 02:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tendo, Shakib, Gilchrist

Rest In Piece-New Zealand Batsmen
Old September 15, 2013, 03:01 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
This guy is in the form of his life!

6 wickets followed by a 5 wicket haul!
2ta match e bhalo khellei keu form of the life e thakenare bhai, Eng tour ato taratari bhule gele cholbe?, 5ta match consistently khelte den na
Old September 15, 2013, 03:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur and ABD

Picnic league e 3rd division player re out koira "form of his life hoya gese" When he needed to wgt wickets in Eng he didnt..As all our pacers suck there is no choice but picking him..
Old September 15, 2013, 07:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Picnic league e 3rd division player re out koira "form of his life hoya gese" When he needed to wgt wickets in Eng he didnt..As all our pacers suck there is no choice but picking him..
Angelo MAthews

Azhar Mahmood

Mehrab (Mati the kamor dea thaka batsmen) Hussain

Sohrawardi Shubo (Ok he is be low avg)

Ahsan is tailender.

Third division??? I agree they are not Tendulkaresq but first 2 are definitely better than Kiwis except odd few on form.
Old September 15, 2013, 07:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I was against his inclusion to the national team for NZ series but the way he is performing now is making me more and more convinced, but I want him to have two more good matches, by that I mean two more 3fer atleast, if he does that I will be happy to see him against NZ.
Old September 15, 2013, 08:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Rubel should be dropped from the team forever! Enough!!!
lolz!!!!
Old September 15, 2013, 08:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Rubel will most likely be in now for the NZ series. Good to see that he followed up his 6fer with a 5fer. He's going to have to make it count when he gets his chances
Old September 15, 2013, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tendo, Shakib, Gilchrist

In the meanwhile. Shahadat keeps on failing which just shows what a horrible player he really is.
Old September 15, 2013, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

ODI performance should not be the deciding factor for the selection of the test squad. For ODI, we have Mashrafe and Zia(most likely). Against Kiwis thats more seamers than enough seamers. For test, we have Robiul and therefore need a second seamer. Yes Rubel has the edge there but I feel like Al Amin has performed better than Rubel at the English conditions so he is not far behind either. In fact, Al Amin will probably get selected as the 3rd seamer for the test squad
Old September 15, 2013, 11:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

he's a better one-day bowler than he is a long format bowler, these performances are great, but he still needs to perform at the international level otherwise he's just a nazimuddin. anyway if anything DPL results should be a measuring point for ODI selection, so if he is to get national selection then it should be in the one-day format.
Old September 15, 2013, 02:51 PM
Cricket Legend

I agree with you guys that it is a 50 over format and we should consider this for ODIs. Selector Akram Khan said however that the DPL performances will be a factor in the Test selections. So they will make a difference whether we agree with it or not.

We have to also to consider this as well. Last time we played the longer version was in April against Zimbabwe and the BCL final. Majority of those FC matches were played last year. It's very hard to pick performers from last year since that was a long time ago. We have to judge the current form of our players as well. Not an ideal situation, I know but that's the way it has to be. Since Rubel has been our best pacer so far and with 2 5+ wk hauls, he has to be looking pretty good for a spot in the Test team.

Also, our team management have been taking 4 pacers for Test tours. So most likely, we'll be seeing 4 pacers making the team which again would favor Rubel a bit.
Old September 15, 2013, 05:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I agree with you guys that it is a 50 over format and we should consider this for ODIs. Selector Akram Khan said however that the DPL performances will be a factor in the Test selections. So they will make a difference whether we agree with it or not.

We have to also to consider this as well. Last time we played the longer version was in April against Zimbabwe and the BCL final. Majority of those FC matches were played last year. It's very hard to pick performers from last year since that was a long time ago. We have to judge the current form of our players as well. Not an ideal situation, I know but that's the way it has to be. Since Rubel has been our best pacer so far and with 2 5+ wk hauls, he has to be looking pretty good for a spot in the Test team.

Also, our team management have been taking 4 pacers for Test tours. So most likely, we'll be seeing 4 pacers making the team which again would favor Rubel a bit.
i reckon get a list of players who did well in NCL, BCL last season, overall career and also factor in A team stuff. then watch the form of those players in the DPL and pick from them. they shouldn't just purely pick on DPL form, got to take other stuff into consideration to. rubel has been horrible in tests so for me it's pretty tough to select him for tests from here, good form or not.

for the 4 pacers i think robiul, zia and al amin should be there for tests, the 4th is more difficult with nazmul injured, mash injury prone. so yes favours rubel but i'd pick someone else personally.
Old September 15, 2013, 06:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i reckon get a list of players who did well in NCL, BCL last season, overall career and also factor in A team stuff. then watch the form of those players in the DPL and pick from them. they shouldn't just purely pick on DPL form, got to take other stuff into consideration to. rubel has been horrible in tests so for me it's pretty tough to select him for tests from here, good form or not.

for the 4 pacers i think robiul, zia and al amin should be there for tests, the 4th is more difficult with nazmul injured, mash injury prone. so yes favours rubel but i'd pick someone else personally.
I gathered the top 5 pacers in the NCL and BCL combined. The top 5 were Shahadat, Robiul, Farhad Reza, Sajedul, and Sharif. Robiul obviously belongs in the Test side and Sajedul should be considered. The rest however should not be as they are not Test caliber.

Even though Zia did great in the last Test, I'm still a bit skeptical of putting him in for Tests. He didn't really bowl much in the NCL and BCL, then in the A team he hardly did anything with the ball and now in the DPL he hasn't done anything. My thing with him is can we trust him as a Test bowler? He hasn't bowled enough to really show his body can take 20-30 overs. Yes I know he did it in 1 innings against Zimbabwe. Can he do it on a consistent basis? Lets not forget that he's had serious injury problems throughout his career and if we lose him because of over bowling then it'd be a shame. No doubt he's a good player for the shorter forms but I have my doubts with him for the longer form. Maybe it'd be a better thing if we use him only for the shorter form.

I'd consider Sajidul since he adds variation being a left arm seamer and is a good swing bowler.

So in the end, I think it'll be Robiul, Al-Amin, Rubel, and Zia but wouldn't be surprised if Sajidul makes it ahead of Zia.
Old September 15, 2013, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

It would be foolish to pick 4 seamers for the test series. First of all, we wont even play more than 2 seamrs and Secondly, we are at home, so in case of an injury or sudden decision, another seamer can be drafted in after 1st test.

3 seamers...
Robiul
Zia/ Reza
Sajidul/Rubel
Old September 15, 2013, 07:02 PM
Cricket Legend

We took 4 pacers for the SL/Zim Test series. We took 3 for the WI series but that's because we batted 8 deep that series. I agree though, I'd rather take 3 pacers and 3 spinners rather than 4 pacers and 2 spinners.
Old September 15, 2013, 07:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I gathered the top 5 pacers in the NCL and BCL combined. The top 5 were Shahadat, Robiul, Farhad Reza, Sajedul, and Sharif. Robiul obviously belongs in the Test side and Sajedul should be considered. The rest however should not be as they are not Test caliber.

Even though Zia did great in the last Test, I'm still a bit skeptical of putting him in for Tests. He didn't really bowl much in the NCL and BCL, then in the A team he hardly did anything with the ball and now in the DPL he hasn't done anything. My thing with him is can we trust him as a Test bowler? He hasn't bowled enough to really show his body can take 20-30 overs. Yes I know he did it in 1 innings against Zimbabwe. Can he do it on a consistent basis? Lets not forget that he's had serious injury problems throughout his career and if we lose him because of over bowling then it'd be a shame. No doubt he's a good player for the shorter forms but I have my doubts with him for the longer form. Maybe it'd be a better thing if we use him only for the shorter form.

I'd consider Sajidul since he adds variation being a left arm seamer and is a good swing bowler.

So in the end, I think it'll be Robiul, Al-Amin, Rubel, and Zia but wouldn't be surprised if Sajidul makes it ahead of Zia.
i'm skeptical about zia to but i rather give him more chances than rubel.
Old September 16, 2013, 12:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
lolz!!!!
Let him prove it in the international circuit.

Unless he improves his international stats, these domestic performances don't mean anything to me.
Old September 17, 2013, 04:59 AM
Cricket Guru

rubel has always been bad in the longer format, got a bit better after his return from the shoulder injury but still nowhere near good enough. as far as one-dayers he's always been pretty good, or at least decent, but he has had a poor run in the short format since the shoulder injury (which seems a bit strange since he did better than he had previously done in tests).

his ODI average just dropped from 32 to 34, it's still ok, since he's in good form i can see him being in the ODI team but there's no way he should be anywhere near the test team atm.