facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 9, 2012, 05:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

I'm guilty of not doing spell checks...and the iPad auto correct sometimes makes it so difficult even for spell checker...because they replace with legitimate words, which might make no sense in that sentence.... so was embarrassed a few times reading my own posts and had to use the edit button... many remains unread though...

Was always unwilling to revise a exam script and now if we have to revise blog posts...I will die in boredom...

But when someone writes 'Loose' for 'lose' again and again and that too in one liners...that's little awkward.... .. Chill Guys...Eng isn't our mother tongue...and some guys might be taking revenge for 200 years of British occupation on their language... !!
Old December 9, 2012, 05:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Highly trained professions doesn't have anything to do with occasional spelling mistakes. Rubel bhai is a doctor by profession who normally doesn't have to work with the computers. I work with the computers and still I have mistakes in my spelling while typing. This is not because I don't know the "correct spelling". I would rather call it "slip of keyboard".

I think this is natural in a discussion board where sometimes people don't check for spelling before casual posting.

I am sorry if I am interfering. This post is not directed personally towards you or there is nothing personal regarding this. But bringing someone's profession into discussion about spelling mistakes seems to be offending.
That is the point.
Normaly when do we type in English, typing error occurs. Specially when we are in hurry. Further more English is the 2nd languageof most all of us here. So mistakes can happen. Simply private message option is more than enough to inform that person.But pointing out those things in a public forum to humiliate a person is really poor idea.
Old December 9, 2012, 06:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Tamim

Congrats khulna being champion. It seems unbelievable to me that khulna won the match. I saw Rajshahi were 102/0 but they are all out 153
Old December 9, 2012, 08:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
That is the point.
Normaly when do we type in English, typing error occurs. Specially when we are in hurry. Further more English is the 2nd languageof most all of us here. So mistakes can happen. Simply private message option is more than enough to inform that person.But pointing out those things in a public forum to humiliate a person is really poor idea.
Rubel bhai don't take it personally and ignore them. Some people just enjoy pointing out silly mistakes to feel better about themselves. They need to look at mirror. This is not a grammar class or something. And the criticism coming from that guy is not a surprise at all.
Old December 9, 2012, 09:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

congratz khulna ................. deserved champs
Old December 9, 2012, 09:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

How come no one's talking about Ashraful's bowling/captaincy? What exactly is he trying to prove? He is brining himself into bowl as an opening bowler even before the regular bowler? Talk about selfish captaincy. Meanwhile the guy who gets picked for his bowling, Abu Haider comes into bowl as a 6th changed bowler in the 1st innings, and bowls only 3 overs. And than in the 2nd innings Abu Haider gets to bowl with the new ball. How do you go from 6th change bowling option to bowl with the new ball? He bowled 5 overs in the 2nd innings picked up 2 maidens and gave away 7 runs, and never bowled again. Mean while Sir Ashraful bowl 14 overs. I remember he did the same thing when he was captaining the A team against SA A team.
Old December 9, 2012, 09:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid

I know this is NCL thread but can't help posting this:

@Rubel bhai - I really do like your pots / comments in BC. But at the same time you do have some spelling issues, I've seen it many times in past .. this is a fact. So, IMO Sohel bhai was just trying to help you out, I did not see any issues with his suggestions. Most likely no one told you about it before, so you did not know the problem... anyways, the best thing would be use a spell checker (wordweb or something) which I do if I have any spelling doubt.
By the way, typos and spelling mistakes are not the same.
Thanks. Hope you understand.
Old December 9, 2012, 10:50 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
I know this is NCL thread but can't help posting this:

@Rubel bhai - I really do like your pots / comments in BC. But at the same time you do have some spelling issues, I've seen it many times in past .. this is a fact. So, IMO Sohel bhai was just trying to help you out, I did not see any issues with his suggestions. Most likely no one told you about it before, so you did not know the problem... anyways, the best thing would be use a spell checker (wordweb or something) which I do if I have any spelling doubt.
By the way, typos and spelling mistakes are not the same.
Thanks. Hope you understand.
Old December 9, 2012, 11:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

^ owned
Old December 10, 2012, 12:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Sajidul Islam took 22 wickets in 5 matches he played, at average 14.63, SR 29.3, econ 2.99. May be it's time to consider him again, at least for the A-team?
Old December 10, 2012, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Rubel bhai don't take it personally and ignore them. Some people just enjoy pointing out silly mistakes to feel better about themselves. They need to look at mirror. This is not a grammar class or something. And the criticism coming from that guy is not a surprise at all.
You are right. I should not bother about this type of irritating people.
Thanks for your nice suggestions.
Old December 10, 2012, 07:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Sajidul Islam took 22 wickets in 5 matches he played, at average 14.63, SR 29.3, econ 2.99. May be it's time to consider him again, at least for the A-team?
yes i think he should be considered again. after he was dropped from the natioanl team he got injured quite a lot i'm pretty sure. this is possibly the longest he's been able to keep himself on the park since being in the national team....anyway he has good pace and swing.
Old December 10, 2012, 08:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I think Sajidul was dropped prematurely or got injured at teh wrong time. I think he had and still has a lot of potential. Left armer, has decent pace 135+, and can swing it. We could really use a guy like that.
Old December 11, 2012, 12:52 AM
BC Editorial Team

As myself: Rubel, "I'll try to favor you" is not the same as "I'll do you a favor". I suspect you meant the latter?
Old December 11, 2012, 06:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Yeah, he should be taken in A team. If he can do good there then he can be considered for the highest level.
Old December 11, 2012, 06:57 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Narrow escape for Sylhet Division squad
Mohammad Isam
December 11, 2012

The squad of Sylhet Division, the Bangladesh domestic side, had a narrow escape when their team bus nearly plunged off a bridge near Bhairab, 83 km east of Dhaka after the driver lost control in the narrow highway. None of the players or coaching staff was hurt, they have not reached home despite having left Rangpur, the venue of their last National Cricket League match, 24 hours ago.

According to Rajin Saleh, the former Bangladesh captain and Sylhet stalwart, the bus struck the railing and hung out off the bridge. The front part of the bus was badly damaged after slamming against the barrier.

Read More
Glad, everyone's ok!

Didn't know about the the N2 highway. Killing 750 annually on average is huge. Research Mode, ON and I found this recently written detailed article.
Old December 12, 2012, 12:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
12 Dec 2012 09:33:42 PM Wednesday BdST

ঢাকা বিভাগের লিখিত অভিযোগ
স্পোর্টস করেসপন্ডেন্ট
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ িফোর.কম
ঢাকা: জাতীয় লিগের শেষ রাউন্ডে খুলনা বিভাগও রাজশাহী বিভাগের সঙ্গে ম্যাচ পাতিয়েছে এমন অভিযোগ আগেই তুলেছে ঢাকা বিভাগ। তাদের দাবি, পাতানো খেলা খেলে ঢাকা বিভাগকে লিগ শিরোপা জিততে দেয়নি।

এ নিয়ে বুধবার বিসিবি সভাপতির কাছে লিখিত অভিযোগও করেছেন ঢাকা বিভাগের ম্যানেজার আলী হোসেন। তিনি বাংলানিউজকে বলেন,‘আমরা নিশ্চিত খুলনা পাতানো ম্যাচ খেলেছে। বিসিবি সভাপতি এবং সিইও’র কাছে লিখিত অভিযোগ করেছি। আমরা বিশ্বাস করি বিসিবি এর একটা বিহিত করবে।’

এদিকে টুর্নামেন্ট কমিটির সদস্য সচিব (দায়িত্বরত) হাফিজ উদ্দিন জোয়ার্দারের দাবি তাদের কাছে এখনও কোন ধরণের লিখিত অভিযোগ আসেনি। তারপরেও মৌখিক অভিযোগের ভিত্তিতেই আমরা বিষয়টি খতিয়ে দেখেছি। এখন যদি লিখিত অভিযোগ পাই তাহলে যারা অভিযোগ করছে তাদেরকে আগে ডাকা হবে। পরে যাদের বিরুদ্ধে অভিযোগ উঠেছে তাদের সঙ্গে কথা বলবো।’

বাংলাদেশ সময়: ২১২২ ঘণ্টা, ডিসেম্বর ১২, ২০১২
এসএ/এফএইচএম

Eita e Baki chilo ....
Old December 12, 2012, 02:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Following the end of the National Cricket League (NCL) this week, members of the Bangladesh Cricket Board's (BCB) ad-hoc committee are working on a second four-day tournament which will be contested between four franchises. The tournament is expected to fill the free time in Bangladesh's domestic calendar that is available till the second week of January, after which the players will be busy with the second edition of the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) T20.

“The tournament is going to take place for sure, however we have to work around a bit with its timing. We have to ensure that it doesn't run over to the BPL,” said Mahbub Anam, member of the ad-hoc committee.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=260950

++++++++++++++I hope it starts after the BPl so it won't have any distraction. so my wish is BPL, NCL 2 and finish the season with DPL.
Old December 12, 2012, 04:45 PM
Cricket Legend

According to Daily Star it seems this franchise based 4 day tournament will be held before BPL but there is not enough time in hand to decide the schedule. How can they organise by the time?
Old December 13, 2012, 01:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Gotta love Shourobh's honesty about the farcical quality of our domestic cricket for a test playing nation, and makes you understand just why statistical heroism from the NCL should be taken with a huge grain of contextual salt. Such a league does NOT prepare a player for the highest level. It makes him even more ill equipped to face the music there.

Quote:
-ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে তো বড় ইনিংস বেশ কিছু আছে, এ বছরই জাতীয় লিগে দুটি সেঞ্চুরি করেছেন। আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে এসে কী পার্থক্য দেখলেন?

মমিনুল: সবচেয়ে বড় পার্থক্য, বাজে বল কম পাওয়া যায়। অনেক সময় এমনও হয় টানা ৪-৫ ওভারে কোনো বাজে বল নেই। ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে প্রায়ই বাজে বল পাওয়া যায়। আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে বোলাররা একটুও ছাড় দিতে চায় না। আর আরেকটা মূল পার্থক্য, ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে প্রতিপক্ষ দলে ভালো বোলার হয়তো দু-তিনজন। এখানে সবাই ভালো।

(-You've played quite a few big knocks in domestic cricket, 2 NCL centuries in this season for example. How different is international cricket?

Mominul: You don't get too many bad balls to hit, that's the biggest difference. In fact, there are times when you don't get a single one in 4-5 consecutive overs. International bowlers won't cut you any slack. Another fundamental difference is that in domestic cricket, you're likely to face only 2 or 3 good bowlers in a side. They're all good in international cricket.)

READ MORE
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 13, 2012, 02:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Congrats on Khulna for the win and congrats to Enamul Haque for 350 wickets.
Old December 13, 2012, 04:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Some observation from NCL 2012-2013:
BATTING:
1. From the top order, players outside national team only Imrul and Maisukur did well. Soumya failed to show up what was expected from him.From National team Tamim,Anamul,Jahirul did well.
2.Great come back by Marshal Ayub. He was the highest scorer(604 runs average 67)
3. Mehrab Ju scored 561 runs with average of 56.
4. Mithun was the highest scorer among the wicket keepers and overall he was 3rd with 556 runs average 42
.....http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Ev...g_by_Runs.html
I am looking forward about our former academy player Maisukur.
http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Pl...28/431828.html
Old December 13, 2012, 07:42 AM
Cricket Legend

BOWLING:
Those who have got more than 15 wickets in this NCL.
1. Sajidul Islam S/R-29.3
2. Murad Khan S/R-29.9
3.Shahadat Hossain S/R-29.9
4. Robiul Islam S/R-33.1
5. Talha Zubayer S/R-33.3
6. Sharifullah S/R-34.2
7. Farhad Reza S/R-35.8
8. Shafiul Islam S/R-36.3
9. Abdur Razzak S/R-37.7
10. Shuvagata Hom S/R-39.1
11.Mosharraf Hossain S/R-39.6
12.Enamul Haque jnr S/R-40.7
To me in longer format Strike rate is the main factor. In this NCL top 3 wicket taker were Enamul Haque jnr,Abdur Razzak and Mosharraf Hossain. These strike rates shows how much quality all 3 have !!!!
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ype=tournament
Old January 10, 2013, 12:55 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

Marshall Ayub is closing in on a triple century after Mehrab Hossain already got a double. These two have been scoring very heavily all season. Both are young players in their early to mid 20s. Surely two potential national players. Does anyone know more about them?
Old January 10, 2013, 01:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAus
Marshall Ayub is closing in on a triple century after Mehrab Hossain already got a double. These two have been scoring very heavily all season. Both are young players in their early to mid 20s. Surely two potential national players. Does anyone know more about them?
Welcome back Tim! Funny that you said both players are 'young' and in their mid twenties. In Bangladeshi cricketing terms mid twenties is old. Ayub has been considered a prospect from a young age. Mehrab has played a couple of matches for Bangladesh about 3-4 years ago.