facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old December 12, 2012, 11:41 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden
Bangladesh doesn't play enough A team games to keep players there. And like I said it's not uncommon for National team players to play for the A side, it happens everywhere, just take a look in past England Lions and Australia A squads.
I don't really agree with what you say about motivation but even if that were true I wouldn't call the England Lions in England an inferior side (in Bangladesh maybe, but not in England). If any Bangladeshi players think they are too good to be playing against genuine quick pacers on English pitches then they are in for a big surprise. England has great depth in quick quality bowlers at the moment.
When I say A team inferior ... That's not in comparison to our A team, but Their own Main team.... We have never benefitted by sending national team players in A team, rather lost by not preparing the players in pipeline..... Demotion doesn't work on the psychie and learning doesn't take place in that manner....Cricket is primarily a game of mind ...he is in the national team and he must feel that way....if he has technical issues, he better solve it with the coaching staff...instead of A team....that's not going o be taken positively by the player's mind....let that place go to another genuine A team player....it's also unfair to give two slots to one player...

Well, I won't argue on it, I see more disadvantage than advantage in these kind of attitude....it simply harms us in both ways... Anyway, lets see what BCB does,
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old December 12, 2012, 11:47 AM
Holden's Avatar
Holden Holden is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 5, 2010
Posts: 916

ok agree to disagree
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old December 12, 2012, 11:52 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden
ok agree to disagree
Happily...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old December 12, 2012, 08:53 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,475

Anamul and Mominul absolutely should be selected for this tour. Just because they did pretty well in this last tour, doesn't mean they should just be restricted to playing for just the national team. They're still very young, developing players. They need as much exposure and experience now. Just see Nasir as an example, despite being in the national team, he played in the A team tour against the WI. You see him deteriorate? It can only help these young players. Class players perform regardless of what level they play in.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old December 12, 2012, 10:12 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,475

By the way, MoC bhai, a good pool of players you selected there. However, I'd like to add a name there in your pool there and that's Nur Hossain. Reason? He's a leg spinner. Has he been topping the list in the wickets column? No but was Sohag before coming in the team? That's a no as well and look at how well he's done so far in his career. We still don't have a leggie in our team so we have should try and develop him. We desperately need variety and if Nur is the real deal, then that would be great for us.

Also I'd rather give Nurul Hasan a go rather than Mithun Ali. He's already proved to be a mediocre player at this level. Nurul might have not put up great stats in the NCL, but as McInnes has said, he's got real potential. So we should start developing him.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old December 12, 2012, 10:31 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 9,115

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I dont see any point. Its time for next batch of cricketer. Marshall,Soumya,Liton and co. Result does not matter. Its the experience those player will get.

For A team I would pick players who are under supervision of Richard McInnes plus few of the young guns from current squad.

Batsmen

Nasir Hossain (Captain) Need a senior player to lead the team. Still young and did not have enough experience in England.

Enamul Haque Bijoy
Mominul Haque Shourav
Asif Ahmed Ratul
Marshall Ayub (must reward him for an excellent year)
Soumya Sarkar (did not do anything special but still take him, handy seam bowling AR in England)
Sabbir Rahman Roman (He is special, dont give up on him)

Mohammad Mithun (WK)

Spinner

Sohag Gazi (OB)
Murad Khan (SLA) Took 25 wickets in 4 match
Saqlain Sajeev or Arafath Sunny

Seam Bowlers

Abul Hasan Raju
Alamin Hossain
Alauddin Babu
Kamrul Islam Rabbi

I could have considered TaZkin but he will be leading u-19 bowling attack. And I think we have few part time spinners in our batting line up.

So who likes my new look A team without the national discards.
i reckon shuvagata should definitely be there, agree nur is worth giving a go as well, nurul probably for wicky and although you ruled out taskin i think he's worth it and other pacers to look at are sajidul, kazi kamrul and abu jayed.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old December 12, 2012, 10:57 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i reckon shuvagata should definitely be there, agree nur is worth giving a go as well, nurul probably for wicky and although you ruled out taskin i think he's worth it and other pacers to look at are sajidul, kazi kamrul and abu jayed.
I agree Taskin should be in the A team. He might be next in line to getting a national team slot because of our thin bowling stock. Expose him against the big guns rather than keeping him in the U19 team.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old December 13, 2012, 05:44 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Anamul and Mominul absolutely should be selected for this tour. Just because they did pretty well in this last tour, doesn't mean they should just be restricted to playing for just the national team. They're still very young, developing players. They need as much exposure and experience now. Just see Nasir as an example, despite being in the national team, he played in the A team tour against the WI. You see him deteriorate? It can only help these young players. Class players perform regardless of what level they play in.
Again I disagree ....Reasons are same as before... Only time a National Team player should play in A team, is when he is off form. If he can make a few good scores against a weaker opponents, that might help to boost his confidence to get back his form... Amongst the new comers, it should be only Mominul, who can play in A team, since he didn't look comfortable here and might help him to boost his confidence.... A guy hitting century in debut doesn't need any confidence to bring from A team....it's damaging..


Just repeating a few things.... i dont think Nasir has improved anything by that. He is doing what he was doing without that. He wasn't damaged probably because he has a strong mind....instead if that slot was given to someone upcoming, he would be better prepared. After facing the test level international bowlers, you have nothing much to learn against A teams....unless the player is severely struggling in the national team... It's a waste of a slot sending a player, who has already shown his ability at the highest level.....
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old December 13, 2012, 02:13 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,691

No longer version matches for the A team? This tour will be just waste of money. To me, play some longer version matches between Academy and A Team at Mirpo in a grassy wicket,will give us more benefit.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old December 13, 2012, 02:20 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,475

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Again I disagree ....Reasons are same as before... Only time a National Team player should play in A team, is when he is off form. If he can make a few good scores against a weaker opponents, that might help to boost his confidence to get back his form... Amongst the new comers, it should be only Mominul, who can play in A team, since he didn't look comfortable here and might help him to boost his confidence.... A guy hitting century in debut doesn't need any confidence to bring from A team....it's damaging..


Just repeating a few things.... i dont think Nasir has improved anything by that. He is doing what he was doing without that. He wasn't damaged probably because he has a strong mind....instead if that slot was given to someone upcoming, he would be better prepared. After facing the test level international bowlers, you have nothing much to learn against A teams....unless the player is severely struggling in the national team... It's a waste of a slot sending a player, who has already shown his ability at the highest level.....
For some reason, I forgot that we'll be playing 2 tours before this 1. Let's wait and see how they do. If they establish themselves as regulars in the national team, then I'd say no to them being in the A team, if they don't, however, then I want them in the tour.

By the way, just because Anamul hit a century, doesn't mean he's out of the clear just yet. He struggled just as much as Mominul in my opinion despite putting up better stats. Again, let's wait and see if they can astablish themselves 1st in the national team by then.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old December 13, 2012, 04:55 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,429

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
No longer version matches for the A team? This tour will be just waste of money. To me, play some longer version matches between Academy and A Team at Mirpo in a grassy wicket,will give us more benefit.
That would be good.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old December 14, 2012, 04:14 AM
jisaan's Avatar
jisaan jisaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 14, 2004
Location: Nijhum Dwip
Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Posts: 4,743

i want to see the following pacers in the A team:

Talha Jubair
Sajidul Islam
Kamrul Islam
Alamin Hossain
Alauddin Babu

For the U-19 team, the team may have:
Taskin Ahmed
Abu Hyder
Abu Zayed
& a few new faces
__________________
Bangladesh's Win (agt any team) = 100% Joy
India's Loss (agt any team) = 100% Joy
So, only opportunity for me to double my joy is when Bangladesh BEATs India!!!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old December 14, 2012, 04:22 AM
jisaan's Avatar
jisaan jisaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 14, 2004
Location: Nijhum Dwip
Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Posts: 4,743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i reckon shuvagata should definitely be there, agree nur is worth giving a go as well, nurul probably for wicky and although you ruled out taskin i think he's worth it and other pacers to look at are sajidul, kazi kamrul and abu jayed.
Nur hossain is quickly becoming another mediocre. he wil soon be forgotten even in dis forum.
he is just a crap bowler.
after that afghanistan match, i don't think he even deserves a place in our "C" team!
__________________
Bangladesh's Win (agt any team) = 100% Joy
India's Loss (agt any team) = 100% Joy
So, only opportunity for me to double my joy is when Bangladesh BEATs India!!!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old December 14, 2012, 04:40 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,691

It seems this is our current A team:
SHAHEED JEWEL XI: Imrul Kayes,
Zunaed Siddique, Shahriar Nafees,
Nazim Uddin, Mohammad Ashraful,
Marshall Ayub, Md Mithun, Md
Elias, Musharraf Hossain, Al Amin,
Robiul Islam, Shahadat Hossain,
Ziaur Rahman
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old December 14, 2012, 05:15 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 21,203

are the two tours concurrent...if not then Taskin can play in both although there is a chance of injury they can rest him in some of the U19 games since our pacer depth is good at that level.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old December 14, 2012, 05:35 AM
Tiger Manc's Avatar
Tiger Manc Tiger Manc is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 2, 2009
Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Posts: 4,541

^^ yeah both take place in August.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old May 13, 2013, 11:32 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,691

Quote:
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has confirmed Bangladesh A team’s tour of England this August.
The second string national side is expected to play five one-day games against five county sides, after which they will play three 50-overs matches against the England Lions.The tour however, will not be accommodating any four-day games.
http://www.thedailystar.net/beta2/ne...eams-eng-tour/
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old May 13, 2013, 11:43 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,758

5 ODs games against Hampshire, Lancashire, Worcestershire, Yorkshire, and Nottinghamshire.

3 ODs against Lions.

Cricinfo has the complete fixture.

U-19 is going to play a tri-nation tournmanet with Pakistan and England. Total of 5 OD games.
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old May 14, 2013, 12:36 AM
BD_TigerZ's Avatar
BD_TigerZ BD_TigerZ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 26, 2012
Posts: 4,738

If Shabbir dosent get selected..
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old May 14, 2013, 05:42 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,429

Real good opportunity for top order batsmen to stake a claim for the national team.

1. Shamsur Rahman
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Shahriar Nafees
4. Naeem Islam
5. Marshall Ayub
6. Mithun Ali/Dhiman Ghosh
7. Shabbir Rahman
8. Mosharraf Hossain
9. Sajidul Islam
10. Taskin Ahmed
11. Shahadat Hossain

Reserves: Junaid Siddique, Mehrab Hossain jnr, Enamul Haque jnr, Rakibul Hasan, Farhad Reza, Elias Sunny, Abul Hasan, Al Amin
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old May 14, 2013, 07:04 AM
BD_TigerZ's Avatar
BD_TigerZ BD_TigerZ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 26, 2012
Posts: 4,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Real good opportunity for top order batsmen to stake a claim for the national team.

1. Shamsur Rahman
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Shahriar Nafees
4. Naeem Islam
5. Marshall Ayub
6. Mithun Ali/Dhiman Ghosh
7. Shabbir Rahman
8. Mosharraf Hossain
9. Sajidul Islam
10. Taskin Ahmed
11. Shahadat Hossain

Reserves: Junaid Siddique, Mehrab Hossain jnr, Enamul Haque jnr, Rakibul Hasan, Farhad Reza, Elias Sunny, Abul Hasan, Al Amin
Cmon BP i expected better from you SRK?!? seriously?!?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old May 14, 2013, 07:29 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,429

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Cmon BP i expected better from you SRK?!? seriously?!?
I made a very realistic team. Shahadat is guaranteed in the team if you like it or not. Imrul did well in this year's NCL. He is always in the BD A team. Same goes for SN. By crossing off SN/Imrul i dont know if you're opting for Nazimuddin...
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old May 14, 2013, 07:45 AM
BD_TigerZ's Avatar
BD_TigerZ BD_TigerZ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 26, 2012
Posts: 4,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I made a very realistic team. Shahadat is guaranteed in the team if you like it or not. Imrul did well in this year's NCL. He is always in the BD A team. Same goes for SN. By crossing off SN/Imrul i dont know if you're opting for Nazimuddin...
Jahu? Soumya? Bijoy?

My XI

A Team:

Blue=Batsmen
Red=Pacers
Pink=Spinners
Green=All rounders


Shamsur
Jahurul
Bijoy (C)
Ayub
Mominul

Shabbir
Alauddin Babu
Al-Amin
Taskin

Mosharof Rubel
Enam Jnr


--------

Nurul
Naeem
Asif
Soumya

Kamrul/Abul
Sajidul

Reza

Sla/Offie


I might be leaving out some decent players cause i dont know all their names.

Last edited by BD_TigerZ; May 17, 2013 at 09:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old May 14, 2013, 07:51 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,429

Soumya i might consider. Anamul is in the national team not the A team. Jahurul has proved to us enough already imo.

Mominul, Nasir in the A team? Lets chuck in Shakib and Tamim then...
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old May 14, 2013, 08:33 AM
BD_TigerZ's Avatar
BD_TigerZ BD_TigerZ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 26, 2012
Posts: 4,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Soumya i might consider. Anamul is in the national team not the A team. Jahurul has proved to us enough already imo.

Mominul, Nasir in the A team? Lets chuck in Shakib and Tamim then...
yea nasir move was silly, but Momin needs to be in the A Team.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket