facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 31, 2012, 07:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

If I were a Pakistani player, I wouldn't play BPL after the way Bangladesh has insulted Pakistan. I am not saying that the tour must go on, but the way things were handled by BCB was simply oitrageous. A simple NO should have been said at the beginning, kintu eto dhanai fanai kore na bolar kono mane hoy na
Old December 31, 2012, 09:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
If I were a Pakistani player, I wouldn't play BPL after the way Bangladesh has insulted Pakistan. I am not saying that the tour must go on, but the way things were handled by BCB was simply oitrageous. A simple NO should have been said at the beginning, kintu eto dhanai fanai kore na bolar kono mane hoy na
if you are a pakistani player who does not represent the national team than you will play bpl because their own FC league and T20 league pays peanuts to players.... barely 35 dollars is the match fee....
money talks... ICL is the major example... remember lahore badshahs??
Old December 31, 2012, 10:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i would rather see soumya sarkar play a match winning innings than babar azam
Old December 31, 2012, 11:50 PM
MLC World Series I

We should get SL's in after they got our players in the SLPL
Old January 1, 2013, 12:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Good News: Pakistani
Players will participate in BPL-2. BCB ensured the news some times back - fb
Old January 1, 2013, 06:11 AM
MLC World Series I

Now, with Pakistan players participation being questioned, the quality of cricket will drop down significantly.

The BCB should have terminated a franchise(perhaps, with the most debt to players) instead of adding another one.
Old January 1, 2013, 08:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Now, with Pakistan players participation being questioned, the quality of cricket will drop down significantly.

The BCB should have terminated a franchise(perhaps, with the most debt to players) instead of adding another one.
Are pakistani players so good that we will miss them so badly in BpL. or is it just the media that makes them? isn't it our drawback that we can't get good players from other countries that we are so much dependent on pakistan. You see so cheap domestic players of pakistan got chance in BPL2 it seems pakistan holds a brand. Though i agree that the foreign players should be there to increase attraction but i am afraid it should not be the way it is over here.
Old January 1, 2013, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
Are pakistani players so good that we will miss them so badly in BpL. or is it just the media that makes them? isn't it our drawback that we can't get good players from other countries that we are so much dependent on pakistan. You see so cheap domestic players of pakistan got chance in BPL2 it seems pakistan holds a brand. Though i agree that the foreign players should be there to increase attraction but i am afraid it should not be the way it is over here.
Yes Pakistani players are really good and better than Indian Players in T20! They have reached Semi Finals In all T20 world cup. And very strong force in T20 format
Old January 1, 2013, 10:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
Yes Pakistani players are really good and better than Indian Players in T20! They have reached Semi Finals In all T20 world cup. And very strong force in T20 format
This overwhelming love u have for pakistan makes me nauseous
Old January 1, 2013, 10:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
saying the fact makes me love Pakistani's ok bro
Old January 1, 2013, 07:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

Quote:

What's with this facepalm nonsense in BC these days? How did we manage to live before BC had facepalm icon? Nowadays it's as if posts are not complete without facepalms in them. He said Pakistan players are better than Indian players in T20 what's there to facepalm about?

Just saying Pakistan has good T20 players doesn't make someone a Pakistan lover. I'm tired of seeing Bangladesh fans calling other fans pakistan/indian lover just because they have a one or two good things to say about their cricket. As if there is a written rule somewhere that says BD fans can't say anything positive about India/Pakistan cricket.

Quote:
How is saying Pakistani players are better Indian players in T20 somehow related to his overwhelming love for Pakistan?? Just because we are Bangladesh cricket fans, doesn't mean saying 1 or 2 good things about Pakistan Cricket or their players doesn't make someone in to Pakistan lover.
Old January 1, 2013, 09:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

lol ajfer bhai's justice
On topic I need this to get started asap. Holidays are about to get over and there is not a single bd match scheduled between the holidays.
Old January 2, 2013, 01:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Ajfar bhai chetse. Agree 100% with you bro
Old January 2, 2013, 07:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
i would rather see soumya sarkar play a match winning innings than babar azam
If he can do it, he should be able to do it even Babar Azam also does it.... .. If you get oti nationalistic, you get isolated md nothing grows in isolation... Competition is the way to grow than being a "Bully of Kua"
Old January 2, 2013, 07:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
thanks for the fact-stating post. tbh if I was among franchisee in BPL I would be more interested in buying so called "good & better" players than crowd gaining Afridi or Ganguly in my team.
Old January 2, 2013, 08:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

I had some friends in university who were from pakistan. They generally love to eat red meat and nun, Believe me they are too strong to resist :p so hitting six and bowling @155 is just a piece of cake i guess.
Old January 2, 2013, 09:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar

What's with this facepalm nonsense in BC these days? How did we manage to live before BC had facepalm icon? Nowadays it's as if posts are not complete without facepalms in them. He said Pakistan players are better than Indian players in T20 what's there to facepalm about?

Just saying Pakistan has good T20 players doesn't make someone a Pakistan lover. I'm tired of seeing Bangladesh fans calling other fans pakistan/indian lover just because they have a one or two good things to say about their cricket. As if there is a written rule somewhere that says BD fans can't say anything positive about India/Pakistan cricket.

How is saying Pakistani players are better Indian players in T20 somehow related to his overwhelming love for Pakistan?? Just because we are Bangladesh cricket fans, doesn't mean saying 1 or 2 good things about Pakistan Cricket or their players doesn't make someone in to Pakistan lover.

That wasn't a comment aimed at a singular post but all his post in general. And whats your issue with facepalm, I don't get it???

Anyways the fact remains that almost every G8 team in the world also has a good T20 team... I really don't understand wats the deal with Pakistan....
Old January 2, 2013, 09:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
That wasn't a comment aimed at a singular post but all his post in general. And whats your issue with facepalm, I don't get it???

Anyways the fact remains that almost every G8 team in the world also has a good T20 team... I really don't understand wats the deal with Pakistan....
BCB and BPL comittee recently admitted that without Pakistani's or Indian players in BPL the tournment will lose interest, me and you can sit behind the computer and say we don't need them. and when you say almost all G8 teams have good T20, not everyone want's to play in BPL. Our best hope was simply Pakistani's becuase Indian don't give a **** about us, PCB also don't but they are becuase of some benefits to them financial and the controversial tour thing everyone knows about. admitting that Pakistan has some quality T20 Players does not mean I love them so much after seeing some members offensive post and remark made about Bangladesh in Pakpassion Forum, those members would easily get banned in Banglacricket.
Old January 2, 2013, 09:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
thanks for the fact-stating post. tbh if I was among franchisee in BPL I would be more interested in buying so called "good & better" players than crowd gaining Afridi or Ganguly in my team.
Ganguly and T20! do you really watch cricket I mean T20? Afridi is an exception, his a all-rounder and devasting in T20 but to mention Ganguly.! Afridi batting at 7 or 8 In T20 is perfect for a guy that averages 18+ and has strike rate of 150+. how you mentioned Ganguly I can't understand it.
Old January 2, 2013, 10:50 AM
Banned

PCB waiting for last moment to say NO pakistani in BPL, could be a cheap tactics.
Old January 2, 2013, 04:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Its not a last minute No.. its been always NO unless BCB goes to Pakistan. That was the bargain. Pakistan moved their matches, re-arranged their schedule, got the sponsors lined up etc. after BCB gave them initial Okay for Jan. 12/15. Don't expect brotherly love towards BCB's money making league when their own plan for making any money for their first international cricket at homeground was grounded by BCB due to politics. That too, doing it twice...

Nevertheless, even if PAK players don't play at the BPL, they are going to be back eventually for Dhaka leagues. Same thing for Indian Players.. Surely, international players of Shahid Afridi, Samuels, Azhar Mahmood etc. adds glamor to the leagues and if major PAK players miss out, the league will suffer. That's the fact. Try to get Nepali, Afghani, Canadian players to fill in the gaps and see how many spectators shows up... The reality is Dhaka League always relied on even 2nd grader PAK players of Rashed Hanif, Hason Raza, etc. because we lack quality 'Professionals'. And for BPL, the first season was ruled by the Pakistani players,,, to think our Forhad Hossain, Rony Talukdar, Dollar will set the BPL league ablaze to record specators is analogous to expect our Jahid Hossain Emily, Faisal Wali will be benching Messi, Puyol for an El classico match...
Old January 2, 2013, 04:57 PM
Cricket Legend

"PCB responds Positively"
Old January 2, 2013, 09:07 PM
Banned

The way BPL was run the first year means we only deserve star players from Pak for unforseeable future. I can't trust on BCB's ability to run this years' tournament smoothly either. Result is no big name players from G8 countries except Pak and WI will be interested to play in BPL. I personally would like to see players participating from all G8 and associate countries for diversity and publicity reasons. The high number of Pak players' participation means the risk of corruption will be high as well. BD will be a favourite work-holiday destination for Indian and Pak bookies. Also I wouldn't like us to be labelled as Pak lovers/allies.
Old January 2, 2013, 09:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Ian asks Whatmore to ask Juluen Fountain to check his email! Well, I guess they are coming back to BPL!
Old January 2, 2013, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Ian asks Whatmore to ask Juluen Fountain to check his email! Well, I guess they are coming back to BPL!
how do you know this *chain* of events?