facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old January 2, 2013, 09:13 AM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 7,311

There is a realistic chance of NZ losing in just 2 days!
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old January 2, 2013, 09:29 AM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is online now
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 10,687

Ei ta kisu hoilo? 45 all out? Really?
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old January 2, 2013, 09:34 AM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 22,294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
There is a realistic chance of NZ losing in just 2 days!
24 overs left today ...... SA have a lead of 140+. if they declare now can they packet NZ again in 22 overs ..... it took them 19 overs in the 1st innings
__________________
The OffStump
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old January 2, 2013, 09:36 AM
Hamlafan Hamlafan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 3, 2012
Posts: 600

Amla missed out on a easy century, but great way to start year, well played
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old January 2, 2013, 09:54 AM
akabir77's Avatar
akabir77 akabir77 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 23, 2004
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
Posts: 10,764

any highlites available?
__________________
1. Shahadat Hossain: Mufambisi c Mashud; Chigumbura lbw; Utseya c Mashud
2.
Abdur Razzak: P Utseya caught; RW Price lbw; CB Mpofu lbw
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old January 2, 2013, 10:24 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,885

It's funny how many Test NZ played in last 2 yrs and how many test they are playing for next 2 yrs compare to us..
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old January 2, 2013, 10:46 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,456

whatdahel ? 45 all out.
now are they doing any good to the stdrd oftest cricket? and how come they r getting to play to the top guns so regularly..it has been long time they r no longer competitive in test.

ekhon bujhchi keno Jomie Shudhon dada BD te phirey ashtey chay

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old January 2, 2013, 10:50 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,885

lol 200 lead up. i don't see NZ making more than 100 in the 2nd innings either...
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old January 2, 2013, 12:04 PM
Maysun's Avatar
Maysun Maysun is offline
MLC World Series I
 
Join Date: April 11, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 5,889

Jumping on the bandwagon - *We need to play NZ now*
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old January 2, 2013, 01:36 PM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,905

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
any highlites available?
http://mycrickethighlights.com/south...st-day-1-2013/
__________________
I Want to Believe
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old January 2, 2013, 02:01 PM
akabir77's Avatar
akabir77 akabir77 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 23, 2004
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
Posts: 10,764

thanks for the link but dailymotion is blocked from work
__________________
1. Shahadat Hossain: Mufambisi c Mashud; Chigumbura lbw; Utseya c Mashud
2.
Abdur Razzak: P Utseya caught; RW Price lbw; CB Mpofu lbw
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old January 2, 2013, 02:56 PM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,905

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon

ekhon bujhchi keno Jomie Shudhon dada BD te phirey ashtey chay

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Maybe...
but SA pace in SA conditions would require some world class batsmen to counter. NZ was expected to fold - but this was better than expectation (pov=SA).
__________________
I Want to Believe

Last edited by zsayeed; January 2, 2013 at 05:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old January 2, 2013, 06:16 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 20,314

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
It's funny how many Test NZ played in last 2 yrs and how many test they are playing for next 2 yrs compare to us..
They have somehow beat AUS and SL in the past year, granted beating SL isn't much of an achievement these days. Unless and until we either win a couple of tests or beat NZ in a series, we have no right to criticize their team apart from in jest.

We can probably claim we're a better ODI side though.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old January 2, 2013, 07:25 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,324

I reckon we have no right to criticise their test team. They have a strong test team compared to Bangladesh. We seem to forget that NZ beat Australia last year and recently beat Sri Lanka so everyone knows they can go neck and neck with the top teams in world cricket. Today they just had a bad day and Philander was bowling really well with the balling whipping from side to side. Also lets not forget Australia were rolled for 47 against South Africa as well and were even at one stage on 9/21. Even though Australia played that badly in one innings it doesnt tarnish the fact that they are still one of the best test teams going around in world cricket.

As al Furqaan bhai said Bangladesh are still a better ODI side than NZ but NZ's test team is much better then ours. So lets not mock NZ's test team.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old January 2, 2013, 08:51 PM
deshprem deshprem is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 29, 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I reckon we have no right to criticise their test team. They have a strong test team compared to Bangladesh. We seem to forget that NZ beat Australia last year and recently beat Sri Lanka so everyone knows they can go neck and neck with the top teams in world cricket. Today they just had a bad day and Philander was bowling really well with the balling whipping from side to side. Also lets not forget Australia were rolled for 47 against South Africa as well and were even at one stage on 9/21. Even though Australia played that badly in one innings it doesnt tarnish the fact that they are still one of the best test teams going around in world cricket.

As al Furqaan bhai said Bangladesh are still a better ODI side than NZ but NZ's test team is much better then ours. So lets not mock NZ's test team.
for a side that has been playing test for 100 odd years, to make 45 in 2013 is unbelievable. we never made 45 even our first few tests did we? I an't wait to have them for tests this years, stick to them so bad! stick to rugby mate!!
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old January 2, 2013, 09:02 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshprem
for a side that has been playing test for 100 odd years, to make 45 in 2013 is unbelievable. we never made 45 even our first few tests did we? I an't wait to have them for tests this years, stick to them so bad! stick to rugby mate!!
Mathematically the more matches you play the more chances you have in getting bundled out for a low score ala Australia. Australia throughout the course of history has played 744 test matches whereas Bangladesh have played 73 test matches. So i think its fair to say its acceptable for Australia to be bundled out for a low score once in a hundred years.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old January 2, 2013, 09:45 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 6,671

I understand that without Ross Taylor the NZ batting is weakened but still this performance is simply shocking.They lasted just 20 overs in a test innings! They are not this bad i am sure but it just shows how things can get horribly wrong when you are up against a quality attack on their turf.
__________________
Char Chokka Hoi Hoi... Orange Juice Pamu Koi?
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old January 2, 2013, 11:18 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I understand that without Ross Taylor the NZ batting is weakened but still this performance is simply shocking.They lasted just 20 overs in a test innings! They are not this bad i am sure but it just shows how things can get horribly wrong when you are up against a quality attack on their turf.
it goes to show how good Philander is.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old January 3, 2013, 12:13 AM
deshprem deshprem is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 29, 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Mathematically the more matches you play the more chances you have in getting bundled out for a low score ala Australia. Australia throughout the course of history has played 744 test matches whereas Bangladesh have played 73 test matches. So i think its fair to say its acceptable for Australia to be bundled out for a low score once in a hundred years.
r u doing 4unit maths pagol?? u little smarty!

both test teams-nzl n bd are pathetic in tests
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old January 3, 2013, 12:29 AM
kiwibd kiwibd is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 14, 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 266

Pathetic display but was expected. I'm praying for taylor, ryder, vettori, and southee to be available to play against england in the next series.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old January 3, 2013, 01:47 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,324

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshprem
r u doing 4unit maths pagol?? u little smarty!

both test teams-nzl n bd are pathetic in tests
Ahaha LOL good one.

Yeah BD are pretty pathetic in tests but NZ have had some form of success in this format regardless of how badly with played in this innings. But i think if BD beat Sri Lanka in the upcoming series then i think opinion will change
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old January 3, 2013, 09:39 AM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: Queens
Posts: 16,558

After presenting a record-breaking debacle in first innings NZ sticking to grit in their second.

123/3, no wickets for Philander and Morkel yet.
__________________
Human mind has all the power, when your mind is grind grit wins the battle. Go Bangladesh. Be the world number one in Test Ranking.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old January 3, 2013, 10:30 AM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: Queens
Posts: 16,558

NZ 157/4, Kallis gets 2.
Brownlie on 67. Well played.
__________________
Human mind has all the power, when your mind is grind grit wins the battle. Go Bangladesh. Be the world number one in Test Ranking.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old January 3, 2013, 08:01 PM
deshimon's Avatar
deshimon deshimon is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 17, 2011
Location: Dans le Monde
Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Tamim
Posts: 3,780

I thought this Test might be finished within 2 days. But today New Zealand defended well in their 2nd innings.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old January 10, 2013, 12:23 AM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,905


Iain O'Brien @iainobrien
RT @SockedKiwi: Cartoon in the local Cape Town paper - thought @iainobrien might enjoy pic.twitter.com/TO5wmmYu > ouch. Braai time?
__________________
I Want to Believe
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket