facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #601  
Old January 20, 2013, 02:28 PM
Spiderman Spiderman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: January 16, 2013
Location: London
Favorite Player: Anamul
Posts: 207

How much are IPL ticket prices?
Reply With Quote
  #602  
Old January 20, 2013, 02:55 PM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,915

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I never understood this song. What is damadam and qalandar. When I was kid, I thought it was date calendar and runa laila is happy for a new year.
Dam is the Farsi word for breath. Damadam is the breathing in and out. Breath is the method for realization in many Tariqa's and also the central method in Yoga. It is the breathing in and out that assimilates one with the divine - "The breathing Unto You" - in the quranic verse 15:29- nafakhtu. (dom in Bengali)
Qalandar is a title given to the Sufis who have attained the highest level of realization.
Shahbaz Qalandar is a sufi born in Iran and died in Pakistan in the 1200s.
Mast is the sufi state of divine assimilation. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's Jhule Jhule Lal is also about that saint.
Shahbaz is frequently a sign of a sufi soaring high in Mast assimilated in divine presence and shahbaz is the king of falcons (baj pakhi in Bengali) - frequently a sign of a soaring sufi (Inward journey).

Shahbaz - beautifully explained to me by my Persian friend from Qom - There are some among us that are caught in the turmoil of the storm that is life - and there are some who fly above the storm and look down upon the storm - unperturbed.

Damadam - Compare that to the Zikr of all Zikr's where the Sufi says Allah (while inhaling) Allah (while exhaling) breathing in and out continually - I am sure you have heard it as a child in Bangladesh - longing for the divine assimilation. Try it.

PS: Sorry for the delay - I just saw this post.
__________________
I Want to Believe
Reply With Quote
  #603  
Old January 20, 2013, 03:01 PM
AMD128 AMD128 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 29, 2011
Location: Dhaka,Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.
Posts: 1,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple1900
Still expensive
But at least it has been reduced quite significantly. And now is in the affordable range for more people.
__________________
Image Signature dawa jay na.
Reply With Quote
  #604  
Old January 20, 2013, 03:22 PM
Hamlafan Hamlafan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 3, 2012
Posts: 600

According to FB Rangpur got James Pattison, how true is that?

any updates on Danny Morrison please, thanks

Last edited by Hamlafan; January 20, 2013 at 04:15 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #605  
Old January 20, 2013, 04:29 PM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin
Posts: 16,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
How much are IPL ticket prices?
Range between 200 to 10000 rupees.
In 2010 student special price was 125 rupee.
__________________
Life is short, have a six pack.
Reply With Quote
  #606  
Old January 20, 2013, 05:18 PM
amibriokto amibriokto is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 20, 2013
Location: U.S.
Favorite Player: Mortaza
Posts: 3

For anyone who read my previous 2 posts on this thread. I have e-mailed cricinfo and they have corrected their errors. Even got a reply thanking me, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #607  
Old January 20, 2013, 06:31 PM
Maple1900 Maple1900 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 6, 2012
Posts: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD128
But at least it has been reduced quite significantly. And now is in the affordable range for more people.
It shouldn't be no more that 50 BDT for normal gallery.
Reply With Quote
  #608  
Old January 20, 2013, 08:26 PM
AMD128 AMD128 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 29, 2011
Location: Dhaka,Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.
Posts: 1,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple1900
It shouldn't be no more that 50 BDT for normal gallery.
It's an event hosted by private organizers. Ticket prices are bound to be a tad bit expensive than what you see in International series. But I'm glad that the ticket prices has been reduced. Now it is in the affordable range for more people.
__________________
Image Signature dawa jay na.
Reply With Quote
  #609  
Old January 21, 2013, 01:55 AM
Maysun's Avatar
Maysun Maysun is offline
MLC World Series I
 
Join Date: April 11, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 5,892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
How much are IPL ticket prices?
It starts from Rs. 400/500 to ~ Rs. 20,000. They even have season tickets as well and many people purchase them. Considering the quality of cricket and the entertainment package the IPL has to offer, people turn up in huge numbers. It may have got saturated since the last year but they get decent turn outs nonetheless. I'm talking from my IPL experience in Bangalore and since the cost of living is considerably high in Bangalore compared to the other cities, I think the other franchises have different ticket pricing.
Reply With Quote
  #610  
Old January 21, 2013, 07:09 AM
Hamlafan Hamlafan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 3, 2012
Posts: 600

really getting annoyed with people now, the ticket price has been reduced to 200TK and if the people can't afford that, well tough luck. how cheap do u want it? compare the price of ticket with other leagues its very cheap, people should start going to the stadium, looks very dull without fans. if people are unable to go to the stadium please move all the match's to sylhet Stadium, the people got a lot of money. seriously##. I find it very dishearting why people can't afford 200 Taka and Dhaka is supposed to be one of the richest city in Bangladesh. Lets just keep fingers crossed for the Khulna people not to disappoint us, Inshallah full house. I heard many say in BC how we going to make the BPL a success, seems all lie at the moment. please don't make BPL as failure, we fans need to wake up, lets all join force and make it a success.
Reply With Quote
  #611  
Old January 21, 2013, 09:52 AM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
really getting annoyed with people now, the ticket price has been reduced to 200TK and if the people can't afford that, well tough luck. how cheap do u want it? compare the price of ticket with other leagues its very cheap, people should start going to the stadium, looks very dull without fans. if people are unable to go to the stadium please move all the match's to sylhet Stadium, the people got a lot of money. seriously##. I find it very dishearting why people can't afford 200 Taka and Dhaka is supposed to be one of the richest city in Bangladesh. Lets just keep fingers crossed for the Khulna people not to disappoint us, Inshallah full house. I heard many say in BC how we going to make the BPL a success, seems all lie at the moment. please don't make BPL as failure, we fans need to wake up, lets all join force and make it a success.
I agree wholeheartedly.

How cheap do people expect tickets to be? Someone suggested 50 taka! Yeah, maybe 30 years ago. These days I see a LOT of people with a LOT of cash in Dhaka and elsewhere spending far more money on useless s*** (like iPhone 5s with LTE capability, when we don't even have proper 3G service in BD). For Goodness sake, people recharge their prepaid Grameenphone/BanglaLink/CityCell mobile phone accounts for less than the price of a BPL ticket. You're telling me they don't want to spend a few bucks to go to the stadium? I think 200 taka is a fair shake.

Now, the bigger problem is that the organizers failed in the marketing efforts. The onus is on the marketing and distribution people to actually make the effort to sell the tickets, not just people to buy them. There was virtually no media buzz in the build-up to the event. If you want to sell out stadiums for a month-long event, you have to generate hype. And, frankly speaking, Game On Sports, BCB and the franchises failed to do that. They have got to start now. Moreover, there was way too much confusion about where one could even purchase the tickets. That's just pathetic.
Reply With Quote
  #612  
Old January 21, 2013, 10:12 AM
fuadomar fuadomar is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 6, 2011
Location: Lalmatia, Dhaka
Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11
Posts: 721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
I agree wholeheartedly.

How cheap do people expect tickets to be? Someone suggested 50 taka! Yeah, maybe 30 years ago. These days I see a LOT of people with a LOT of cash in Dhaka and elsewhere spending far more money on useless s*** (like iPhone 5s with LTE capability, when we don't even have proper 3G service in BD). For Goodness sake, people recharge their prepaid Grameenphone/BanglaLink/CityCell mobile phone accounts for less than the price of a BPL ticket. You're telling me they don't want to spend a few bucks to go to the stadium? I think 200 taka is a fair shake.

Now, the bigger problem is that the organizers failed in the marketing efforts. The onus is on the marketing and distribution people to actually make the effort to sell the tickets, not just people to buy them. There was virtually no media buzz in the build-up to the event. If you want to sell out stadiums for a month-long event, you have to generate hype. And, frankly speaking, Game On Sports, BCB and the franchises failed to do that. They have got to start now. Moreover, there was way too much confusion about where one could even purchase the tickets. That's just pathetic.
Suppose, I use an iPhone.That means, my earning or asset is good. So, I might not want to go to the gallery with mass people. What is my next option? At a minimal, it is club house. How much will it cost? 2000! What is the next slab? International gallery. How much will it cost? 3000! Suppose, i dont like to go alone. I want to take 2 of my friends. So, it will cost me 6000 for club house and 9000 for international gallery. I am not even talking about the grand stand. And, yeah, although, I might own an iPhone( that reflects a higher paycheck than usual people ), i might give a thought to go to atmost a single match by consuming 7K (6K ticket, 1K conveyance and food). For the 2nd time? 3rd time? Well, why dont you suggest?
I am not at all surprised to see the empty stands!
Reply With Quote
  #613  
Old January 21, 2013, 10:21 AM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,892

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuadomar
Suppose, I use an iPhone.That means, my earning or asset is good. So, I might not want to go to the gallery with mass people. What is my next option? At a minimal, it is club house. How much will it cost? 2000! What is the next slab? International gallery. How much will it cost? 3000! Suppose, i dont like to go alone. I want to take 2 of my friends. So, it will cost me 6000 for club house and 9000 for international gallery. I am not even talking about the grand stand. And, yeah, although, I might own an iPhone( that reflects a higher paycheck than usual people ), i might give a thought to go to atmost a single match by consuming 7K (6K ticket, 1K conveyance and food). For the 2nd time? 3rd time? Well, why dont you suggest?
I am not at all surprised to see the empty stands!
So how much should iPhone users pay for Club House, International Gallery and Grand Stand tickets?
Reply With Quote
  #614  
Old January 21, 2013, 10:39 AM
fuadomar fuadomar is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 6, 2011
Location: Lalmatia, Dhaka
Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11
Posts: 721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
So how much should iPhone users pay for Club House, International Gallery and Grand Stand tickets?
Not more than 2pc of the price of the phone per ticket. Alternatively speaking, if you want to take 2 of your friends with you, watching 7 days in the stadium should not cost equivalent to another iPhone.

The price should be:
Club house - 500 to 600
Int gallery - 800 to 1000
Grand Stand - 2000 to 2500
Reply With Quote
  #615  
Old January 21, 2013, 11:08 AM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,660

where is Dirk Nannes this season? I saw somewhere that he is coming but haven't played any matches so far.
Reply With Quote
  #616  
Old January 21, 2013, 11:11 AM
PoorFan PoorFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 15, 2004
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 14,335

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
where is Dirk Nannes this season? I saw somewhere that he is coming but haven't played any matches so far.
He is playing for Sylhet, and he played last game.
Reply With Quote
  #617  
Old January 21, 2013, 11:12 AM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,479

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
where is Dirk Nannes this season? I saw somewhere that he is coming but haven't played any matches so far.
He played the last game for Sylhet
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #618  
Old January 21, 2013, 11:12 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 42,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
where is Dirk Nannes this season? I saw somewhere that he is coming but haven't played any matches so far.
hai hai ki bolen? kalke na SR er hoye khello DR er against e?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ch/599870.html


BTW i just realized that each team playing each other twice in grp stages i tho only once
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
  #619  
Old January 21, 2013, 11:19 AM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,660

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
He played the last game for Sylhet
Thanks. I was busy and couldn't check scores for any game this season so far. InshaAllah kalke theke follow korbo. Nannes is in my fantasy and fetched 0 points and so thought he wasn't playing.
Reply With Quote
  #620  
Old January 21, 2013, 11:34 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 7,212

any clue when the WI players will be arriving to play?
__________________
রিয়াদ ফ্যান রা মানুষ হিসেবে উত্তম কারণ তারা অল্পতেই খুশি থাকে - জাদুকর ২০১৪
Reply With Quote
  #621  
Old January 21, 2013, 11:41 AM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
any clue when the WI players will be arriving to play?
If they are flying by London Heathrow then they will be delayed by few days.
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #622  
Old January 21, 2013, 12:11 PM
reverse_swing's Avatar
reverse_swing reverse_swing is offline
Chief Moderator
 
Join Date: August 22, 2003
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 5,736

Khulna Club


Source: Ian's FB...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #623  
Old January 21, 2013, 12:15 PM
Hamlafan Hamlafan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 3, 2012
Posts: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
Khulna Club


Source: Ian's FB...
who are those ladies, any idea

Alfonso thomas has arrived then, pretty good for Dhaka Gladiators.
Reply With Quote
  #624  
Old January 21, 2013, 04:48 PM
brockley brockley is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 8, 2007
Posts: 492

Patto no he looking to play against the Windies,hodge may leave early to play for Victoria.
Reply With Quote
  #625  
Old January 22, 2013, 05:30 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuadomar
Each team is fielding 40pc foreigners and the MOM went to 1 irish and 2 zimbabweans out of 6 matches. Hell ya, that shows that we have quality foreign recruits!
So according to you, when a Bangladeshi player is man of the match in IPL or NZT20 that means their foreign recruitment is poor....or their local players are poor...and they should start crying....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket