Originally Posted by mufi_02
I am the only one in my family to have shrimp allergy. My mother made a shrimp biryani lunch for me when I was in 1st grade. I had a severe reaction and then stopped eating and it has been almost 18 years. So while they make all good looking dishes in my house, I have to eat something else.
You know that most food allergies go away when you grow up? A lot of kids has many allergies up until age 4, and then they gradually goes down (for most cases that is).
There is a very high chance that you are not allergic anymore if you did not try it since age 5. If you want, get tested with a doctor, if you have that option (if you don't, try a little bit when around other people and see what happens, then gradually increase it if nothing happens).