facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 28, 2013, 01:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Players get lots of abuse in English and Australian grounds. But they hardly ever react the way Tamim has done. And if they do, they get fined/banned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
Tamim pulatar mature howa uchit. dorsokra ki bollo na bollo etodin khelar por o professsionally handle kora shiklona, dukkhojonok bote..

... may be BCB need to be matured and professional first. BCB can set the standard about what is exceptable and what is not. Until they do that , these things will continue.... a slap by Ashraful in the past... a gali and attempted assult from tamim at present ... who knows what waits for future.

Few things to consider by BCB:
  • Abusing behavior by fans (who cross the limit) need to stoped by BCB by ejecting the fan. At a certain level, players need to be protected from excessive abusing fans before it goes out of hand.
  • Fans is the customer and BCB is the producer, if not physically attacked by fans, a player who physically attacks a fan need to be punished significantly, not just symbolic... so they send the proper message to all the players representing BCB.
  • Players physically attacking a player should also be punished significantly to set the standard. There were quite a few pysical altercation happened in local league last few years.
Old January 28, 2013, 01:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Did he really say *anything* of substance in that fb post? It was like...if so and so ... then I so and so. Real mature.
Old January 28, 2013, 02:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

"Tamim" Tale of a controversially motivated player. :p

Anyway, good come back innings from Tam.
And it's good that he cleared it up via FB.
But pls try to control your temper , which is also the reason u fail sometimes while batting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Players get lots of abuse in English and Australian grounds. But they hardly ever react the way Tamim has done. And if they do, they get fined/banned.
but this is not Aus or Eng, this is BD, we have a different culture altogether,we r more conservative & more emotional, we have strong family values, u can't easily get away abusing someone & their family in BD, so no need to compare with the westerners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
Tamim is the highest run getter in T20s this year.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...2013;type=year
way to go
Old January 28, 2013, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

bdnews24. com does have the pictures with his bat. But honestly, I have to say, some of the fans to go overboard and become so abusive in their language and swearing that a sane person would never think that low of another human being.. And we expect that our players should be saints and never react to a fan who is hurling dungeon level sexually abusive remarks about a players sister or mother...

He should get reprimanded but I wouldve been happier if he got a chance to slap or hit the fan like Ashraful or other players..
Old January 28, 2013, 03:18 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Tamim needs to be disciplined. Having said that, it is good to see him scoring. I think stamina is an issue. Athleticism is not, as evidenced by his acrobatic catches. Someone needs to monitor his eating and time spent in the gym.
Old January 28, 2013, 04:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Spectators who shout at players in the field should first be banned from entering the stadium.
Tamim is not at fault here, he may be a public figure but he is also a human, and if you shout obnoxious things about his family than he has full authority to shout back. Who ever made the video should have also named and shamed the spectator.
As if Tamim was an audience to a formal galangal session...:-) kau ke support kortey holey... Moner madhuri mishiey jaja proyojon chinta korey Nile ehoy...

He was climbing up the stares and in that situation from 20 meter distance somebody has had time to abuse so deep into his family ...hahaha ...ya, justified...

Yes, I get your point; according to you; whatever a guy says from within a crowed, the celebrities should give reply and since they are human, they can even run to beat him.... I get that..but I have disagreement with that...

Some celebrities will have to live on the streets to reply to crowed abuses... if that's your crowd handling Mantra..!!

Last edited by BANFAN; January 29, 2013 at 07:56 PM..
Old January 28, 2013, 06:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Yes Tamim is at fault but if the spectator did insult his family then i think it's best that he just have kept walking and not have started anything. Spectators at times do get rowdy.

I was at the BD vs Pak test series and when the Pakistani team were doing warm ups on the field there were a group of people shouting, cursing and swearing at Adnan Akmal while he was doing some keeping drills and Adnan picked up the ball and threatened to throw it at them.
Old January 28, 2013, 11:10 PM
MLC World Series I

He got out, he must have been frustrated. On top of that he doesn't have his dad around him, so at the heat of the moment when someone passes an ugly remark, people are bound to snap.

We should close this discussion and move on.
Old January 29, 2013, 12:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
As if Tamim was an audience to a formal galangal session...:-) kaju key support kortey holey... Moner madhuri mishiey jaja proyojon chinta korey Nile ehoy...

He was climbing up the stares and in that situation from 20 meter distance somebody has had time to abuse so deep into his family ...hahaha ...ya, justified...

Yes, I get your point; according to you; whatever a guy says from within a crowed, the celebrities should give reply and since they are human, they can even run to beat him.... I get that..but I have disagreement with that...

Some celebrities will have to live on the streets to reply to crowed abuses... if that's your crowd handling Mantra..!!
You clearly never been to Bangladesh Stadium (public gallery)......
Tamim spoke for 5 sec which seemed abusive to you, so clearly someone can also be abusive in the 10 seconds that it took him to climb up the 20 meters...

Anyways, I think its justified, u don't think it is... so lets leave it at that... But no point making a bigger deal out of it than it is... He did not beat up the spectator and I don't think he would have ever done that...
Old January 29, 2013, 12:22 AM
Cricket Legend

What happens when he goes to Australia for a test and gets teased? Temperament makes abig difference. He carries on like that on the pitch as well - and the opposition gets the better of him - seen it many times - first time was in NZ when he constantly argued with Vettori - and soon after Vettori had the last laugh - literally.

(as some one pointed out above - Aussie crowds and teams are the worst as far as getting to him would be).
Old January 29, 2013, 01:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Aishob ajaira pachal bad dile hoy na?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old January 29, 2013, 01:13 AM

আইন-আদালত অনুষ্ঠানটির কথা মনে আছে?

এক পর্বে এক লোককে আনা হল যে একজন মানুষকে খুন করেছেন!

ঊপস্থাপক রেজাউর রহমান জিজ্ঞেস করলেন সে কেন খুন করেছে?

লোকটি উত্তরে বললেনঃ কাম নাই, কাইজ নাই, কি করুম? ভাল্লাগতিছিল না, তাই খুন করছি!!

।।
এখানে আমরা তো শুধু গিবত করছি ...

Old January 29, 2013, 01:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush

ঊপস্থাপক ড়েজাউর রহমান জিজ্ঞেস করলেন সে কেন খুন করেছে?

।।

dobir naki? naki sabera?
Old January 29, 2013, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
dobir naki? Naki sabera?
ঠিক ধরেছেন দবির-ই!
Old January 29, 2013, 01:49 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

tamim er dosh holo shey run korar pora kopal niye jonmayechilo...ei jaah...
Old January 29, 2013, 02:01 AM
Club Cricketer

Any one will react the same. Think if some one is saying bad words about your parents. What will you do? The fan started all of it. The police should punish him.
Old January 29, 2013, 02:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush

ঊপস্থাপক রেজাউর রহমান জিজ্ঞেস করলেন সে কেন খুন করেছে?

।।

ভাইয়া আপনার পোস্টটা চমৎকার হয়েছে
Old January 29, 2013, 05:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Anyway fan bashing is a good glamour stunt for any celebrities, this aint somthing new. I got pure respect for this mouthful ego when anyone confronts with MC-BC. Way to go Tamim. Dont feel low for your response.
Old January 29, 2013, 06:17 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

Its true Australians are the worse when it comes to irritating the opposition players remember that Virat Kohli middle finger? besides Tamim shouldn't worry because we hardly even play Australia in a test match anyway last one was way back in 06 too long ago.
Old January 29, 2013, 09:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram,Shakib,Mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur86
Any one will react the same. Think if some one is saying bad words about your parents. What will you do? The fan started all of it. The police should punish him.
If I was an athlete who represents the national team, I would just walk by. The fans will try to upset you and piss you off at times, and you have to learn to deal with this.

This **** about getting emotional because it was an insult about his family is horseshit. Athletes get teased all the time and 99% of them learn to ignore it. Some idiots like Tamim don't.
Old January 29, 2013, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Its quite easy for opposition to get to Tamaim - Gayle did it - Vettori did it. It would be better for him to hone his temperament for the good of his game. Losing his head will make him lose his wicket. Is that not what we care about here?
Old January 29, 2013, 03:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
You clearly never been to Bangladesh Stadium (public gallery)......
Tamim spoke for 5 sec which seemed abusive to you, so clearly someone can also be abusive in the 10 seconds that it took him to climb up the 20 meters...

Anyways, I think its justified, u don't think it is... so lets leave it at that... But no point making a bigger deal out of it than it is... He did not beat up the spectator and I don't think he would have ever done that...
Well I'll end this issue with disagreement.

Just on your comment on me...about not visiting a stadium.... I have started feeling that you only went as far as Baitul Mukarram Mosque, that's why you have no idea what happens in a stadium... DASH ER POLA, MOTHER DASH ...TOR MA BAAP DASH DASH... These words fly like popcorns; in the stadium galleries.... Even the type of abuse the players do to the match officials on field isn't worth writing... I have heard a player telling the lines man, e Kh___ ir Pola off side Dili na ken....etc

All the people do is pretend not to hear and keep doing his business. I'm not saying that these are right. But all TI had to do is keep going his way and not bother about who is doing what in a gallery... the gesture and verbal abuses he made, doesn't make him any better than a thug in the gallery. He should be way above that.

There are other better ways of addressing these issues...... There can't be any Bangla Gali without involving family, that's how it is,... I don't think a guy will call him...DUSHTO, OSHOVVO kind of gali and neither TI was expecting that.. May be his gf can do that. TI just vented his anger of failure with bat, on a fan and now making stories....

@Zsayeed bai, I agree with you.... That's what it is,,, if you support such behavior you only support his failure to control his anger and that's affecting his game... He just needs to know how to get on with his job, without being intimidated by these comments...

And those blind supporters who are trying to just say, let it go....must learn to point out his mistake...he is losing temper again and again with everyone...fan, players, officials and opponents alike....you are only as much fan of him, as every other bd fan is. No Need to pretend that you are a better well wisher by supporting his misconduct....we all are his well wishers.

Last edited by BANFAN; January 29, 2013 at 05:04 PM..
Old January 29, 2013, 04:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Tamim needs to learn how to handle his celebrity status better, simple as that. And he needs to go to anger management. End of story.
Old January 29, 2013, 04:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Dorshok maa baap dule gali diyese tai Tamim erokom korlo. Oneke eta support kortese manlam.

Jokhon ekta player arekta player ke "Kh* Pola" koiya gali dei tokhon dekhlam oneke etake support korse. Bolse eta ora friendly gali diyese. Ekta player arekta player ke ditei pare. Jake gali diyese shei jodi Tamim er moto erokom korto tokhon onekei abar takei blame korto.

Fans der asholei bhoja onek kosto.
Old January 30, 2013, 06:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Just saw the list of Shortlisted player for Next IPL auction. Cant find tamim's name as well as any other bangladeshi player.

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DO...ses_30_Jan.pdf