facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 7, 2013, 03:59 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

What I liked about Shabbir is that he played the pace of Fidel Edwards comfortably and launched him for a straight six! which was as good a shot as any I have seen from a Bangladeshi player. The only other guy that has the ability to hit like that while staying technically correct is Tamim and more recently Anamul. Shabbir doesn't look out of depth to pace bowling or spin and therefore is a genuine prospect to try out.

There are obviously risks of Shabbir not succeeding just like how Shaun Marsh, who looks to be in stellar form in IPL but not in national colors, but we have got to take a chance with Shabbir now with the target of t-20 WC next year and ultimately 2015 WC.
Old February 7, 2013, 04:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
What I liked about Shabbir is that he played the pace of Fidel Edwards comfortably and launched him for a straight six! which was as good a shot as any I have seen from a Bangladeshi player. The only other guy that has the ability to hit like that while staying technically correct is Tamim and more recently Anamul. Shabbir doesn't look out of depth to pace bowling or spin and therefore is a genuine prospect to try out.

There are obviously risks of Shabbir not succeeding just like how Shaun Marsh, who looks to be in stellar form in IPL but not in national colors, but we have got to take a chance with Shabbir now with the target of t-20 WC next year and ultimately 2015 WC.
Exactly.

Btw it was Tait not Edward

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 7, 2013, 05:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

worth a spot in the t20 team i think, start im off there. wouldn't slot him into the ODI side yet because he does have those consistency problems but the t20 team would give him exposure to quality bowling and give him the chance to improve and possibly develop into a decent international player, perhaps in all formats (don't forget he began his FC career rather well, so he must have some ability in that format to).
Old February 7, 2013, 05:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
worth a spot in the t20 team i think, start im off there. wouldn't slot him into the ODI side yet because he does have those consistency problems but the t20 team would give him exposure to quality bowling and give him the chance to improve and possibly develop into a decent international player, perhaps in all formats (don't forget he began his FC career rather well, so he must have some ability in that format to).
But, remember how Anamul failed in T/20's at the beginning?
I feel its the ODI that is perfect for a player to debut in. The RUSH factor is not there at-least in ODI'S. The last thing a debutant want is 'RUSH' or 'GET ON WITH IT' approach on top of already existing 'nerves'.

I say give him one full series of ODI's and t/20's. Most likely he will shine in at-least one form of the game. I also feel Subcontinent conditions are the best for our players to debut in. As the devil "Pitch/extreme pace" is one less thing to worry about.
Old February 7, 2013, 05:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umar
But, remember how Anamul failed in T/20's at the beginning?
I feel its the ODI that is perfect for a player to debut in. The RUSH factor is not there at-least in ODI'S. The last thing a debutant want is 'RUSH' or 'GET ON WITH IT' approach on top of already existing 'nerves'.

I say give him one full series of ODI's and t/20's. Most likely he will shine in at-least one form of the game. I also feel Subcontinent conditions are the best for our players to debut in. As the devil "Pitch/extreme pace" is one less thing to worry about.
shabbir is a different type of player to me than anamul is, shabbir is much more to do with aggressive batting than anamul. anamul is more of a longer format player, take your time, build an innings and although i think shabbir has that potential i think his natural instinct is to hit out and therefore he's more suited to t20s than anamul. my only query with moving shabbir up to the national team is that we've basically got a shabbir in kapali, and kapali is a lot more experienced....and i know kapali has been tried and failed internationally but it's not like shabbir has set the domestic circuit alight and forced his way into selection, we just want him there because he's a good hitter and has the allround batting potential.
Old February 7, 2013, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
shabbir is a different type of player to me than anamul is, shabbir is much more to do with aggressive batting than anamul. anamul is more of a longer format player, take your time, build an innings and although i think shabbir has that potential i think his natural instinct is to hit out and therefore he's more suited to t20s than anamul. my only query with moving shabbir up to the national team is that we've basically got a shabbir in kapali, and kapali is a lot more experienced....and i know kapali has been tried and failed internationally but it's not like shabbir has set the domestic circuit alight and forced his way into selection, we just want him there because he's a good hitter and has the allround batting potential.
I do think your point is valid, and it did come in my mind too that t/20 is his style. And I agree Anamul and Shabbir completely different types of players, but I think it might work in favour of shabbir or any debutant to adopt in if they are debuted in a non pressure game! But again...most of the games in which I have seen Shabbir do good were pressure games!

But I disagree with Shabbir being Alok alike! Alok's technique doesn't give any quality vibes and he's sluggish in movement! Wrist wise quick is Alok. But Shabbir's movement and style of play is totally different (Australian I feel). Alok also needs a bit of time at the beginning before he starts to get going while Shabbir starts from first ball (Although coaches should tell him to watch first balls). However, If you mean..their role in the team is the same(as leg spinning alrounder)..then I agree.

Honestly, I have not seen a fearless/worry-less face in Bangladesh cricket than Shabbir. When he comes to bat, I am sure most of us feel this assurance that 'he can do it' without worrying that he will throw away his wicket. And tbh I don't think I've seen him throwing away wicket. he got out playing good shots mostly out of necessity. I can't say that about Alok or even TAMIM (as most of them throw away their wickets playing unnecessary shots)! The only players we currently can rely on taking us home is Shakib/Nasir and maybe Mushfiq.

What I want to see is..shabbir playing in a non-pressure game. I want to see his approach..and thats why I suggested ODI debut. One thing for sure, Brad Hodge is impressed with Shabbir!
Old February 7, 2013, 06:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: nasir

my first post.

amar bhai and bonera-- how are you?
Old February 7, 2013, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shundori Bou
my first post.

And your last.

From our forum rules:

Quote:
Do not sign up with multiple accounts without a moderator's permission. Doing so may result in all accounts being summarily banned.
Old February 7, 2013, 07:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umar
I do think your point is valid, and it did come in my mind too that t/20 is his style. And I agree Anamul and Shabbir completely different types of players, but I think it might work in favour of shabbir or any debutant to adopt in if they are debuted in a non pressure game! But again...most of the games in which I have seen Shabbir do good were pressure games!

But I disagree with Shabbir being Alok alike! Alok's technique doesn't give any quality vibes and he's sluggish in movement! Wrist wise quick is Alok. But Shabbir's movement and style of play is totally different (Australian I feel). Alok also needs a bit of time at the beginning before he starts to get going while Shabbir starts from first ball (Although coaches should tell him to watch first balls). However, If you mean..their role in the team is the same(as leg spinning alrounder)..then I agree.

Honestly, I have not seen a fearless/worry-less face in Bangladesh cricket than Shabbir. When he comes to bat, I am sure most of us feel this assurance that 'he can do it' without worrying that he will throw away his wicket. And tbh I don't think I've seen him throwing away wicket. he got out playing good shots mostly out of necessity. I can't say that about Alok or even TAMIM (as most of them throw away their wickets playing unnecessary shots)! The only players we currently can rely on taking us home is Shakib/Nasir and maybe Mushfiq.

What I want to see is..shabbir playing in a non-pressure game. I want to see his approach..and thats why I suggested ODI debut. One thing for sure, Brad Hodge is impressed with Shabbir!
yes alok and shabbir's roles are similar i.e. leg spin allrounder, also alok is one of the best hitters when he gets going, though shabbir is probably better at it (like you say he can do it from ball one). as far as non-pressure games, this depends on the player, i think shabbir probably feels less pressure in a t20 compared to anamul, in turn i think shabbir would feel more pressure in an FC match more than anamul.

as far as brad hodge being impressed, it wouldn't be the first time a foreign player has seen a BD player that they didn't know about and been impressed over the short period they've seen of them...also if shabbir only gets out playing good shots, what's the reason for his inconsistency? if he's inconsistent but always getting out playing good shots it would indicate that he's not sighting the ball very well or he's not placing the ball well.
Old February 7, 2013, 08:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shundori Bou
my first post.

Chi chi...shundori Bou er shathe Eto Harsh baebohar ... All heartless people here...
Old February 7, 2013, 08:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Are we still discussing Alok Kapali ? He is very good when he gets going, but he actually never got going in last decade.
Old February 8, 2013, 05:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur and ABD

His stroke making is damn good in the eye...shouldnt be compared to aloks batting. That straight six to tait is the best stroke ive seen by a BD batsmen in my life seriously.
Old February 8, 2013, 07:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Comparing with Aloke ... is it a complement or a insult?
Old February 9, 2013, 09:00 AM
Banned

SHABBIR WAS NOT OUT!!!
Little educated umpire gave him lbw jst coz Shakib appealed (alone):S Who the heck is this MUKUL.
Whoever he is ...its another DE-SILVA in making
Old February 9, 2013, 09:13 AM
Cricket Legend

He was only player batting well ump did him hard.
Old February 9, 2013, 09:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Are we still discussing Alok Kapali ? He is very good when he gets going, but he actually never got going in last decade.
Hopefully today will mark the end of the massive KOPAL

Alok will never again be able to play for BD national team. Even if there's another exodus (which he will probably be the first one with Rokibul)
Old February 9, 2013, 11:49 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful,Tamim T

Unlucky Shabbir today:-(

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 9, 2013, 12:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Chi chi...shundori Bou er shathe Eto Harsh baebohar ... All heartless people here...
Classic...sorry for going off topic, kintu amar mone hoi shundori hoileo arekjoner bou to..tai Zunaid bhai chinta korse kono chance nai..hence...
Old February 9, 2013, 04:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

was unlucky today
felt bad for him,oi thakle chase ta aro jomto ei arki :p
good thing is as long as he is in the middle he keeps scoring quickly.
but he has got issues with consistency, so as long as he doesnt sort it out I dont want him playing for BD.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old February 14, 2013, 03:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Shabbir is too inconsistent to play for BD team.

Old February 14, 2013, 03:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Shabbir is too inconsistent to play for BD team.

dont say things like that.
Old February 15, 2013, 04:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Another Ashraful in making
Old February 15, 2013, 09:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Just a few poor innings and all of a sudden all these negatives such as "he'll be another Ash" and "too inconsistent for the national team" You guys do realize that this is a T20 format? Sometimes you hit, while other times you miss. Look at how Nasir fell off at the last end of the tournament. BPL shouldn't be all about pure statistics but rather identify talents. Shabbir is a sure talent and should be a part of national team plans.
Old February 15, 2013, 10:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

i think he should be selected for #7 in T20Is....we need a player of genuine ability to finish games.

my revised T20 XI:

1. Tamim Iqbal Khan
2. Shamsur Rahman
3. Enamul Haque Bijoy
4. Shakib al Hasan
5. Mushfiqur Rahim
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Sabbir Rahman
8. Mashrafee Mortaza
9. Shafiul Islam
10. Sohag Gazi
11. Abdur Razzak
Old February 15, 2013, 10:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
i think he should be selected for #7 in T20Is....we need a player of genuine ability to finish games.

my revised T20 XI:

1. Tamim Iqbal Khan
2. Shamsur Rahman
3. Enamul Haque Bijoy
4. Shakib al Hasan
5. Mushfiqur Rahim
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Sabbir Rahman
8. Mashrafee Mortaza
9. Shafiul Islam
10. Sohag Gazi
11. Abdur Razzak
Where is SN? Where is amader Ashraful? Your top 7 run pachhey kintu SN arr Ashrafuler moto century tou pachchee na.