facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 24, 2013, 01:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
This is idiotic!

Jahurul's double act

Young students at the Clemon Indoor University Cricket Tournament were shocked to see a national cricketer, Jahurul Islam, play among them at the Shaheed Sohrawardi Indoor Stadium yesterday. The shock must have been greater among those who knew that he was captaining BCB North Zone against Walton Central Zone in the Bangladesh Cricket League final, with the third day due to start just hours later, from 1 pm onwards.

The batsman, who was included in the 15-man squad that will be touring Sri Lanka next month, scored 49 runs off 16 balls and guided Dhaka University to a 93-run victory over Daffodil International University yesterday.

BCB North Zone's team manager Debabrata Paul told reporters that the batsman had not taken permission to play in the indoor tournament. However, the player reported in time for the ongoing BCL final.

Chairman of the Bangladesh Cricket Board's (BCB) cricket operations committee, Enayet Hossain Siraj, told The Daily Star that if Jahurul indeed played in the indoor tournament, it was a clear violation of his central contract with the BCB. “We are expecting a report from his team manager soon. His act, if committed, is an audacious one and certainly a punishable offence.”

Jahurul is one of the cricketers under the central contract system of the BCB, contracted in Grade C, and thereby subject to the code of conduct of the game's governing body.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=270348
Is he playing for money or fame? Either one is known to have caused greed in human minds. Idiotic indeed.
Old February 24, 2013, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Is he playing for money or fame? Either one is known to have caused greed in human minds. Idiotic indeed.
I don't think anyone gets paid for playing for their varsity. it was prolly only a matter of pride for him, to represent his varsity. I hope he will get away with a slap on the wrist.
Old February 24, 2013, 02:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
I don't think anyone gets paid for playing for their varsity. it was prolly only a matter of pride for him, to represent his varsity. I hope he will get away with a slap on the wrist.
yeah, the nature of this offense doesn't seem to be as severe to warrant big punishment. On top of that, this is his first time, right?
Old February 24, 2013, 02:07 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Should be a good news for the Goru and his two Bachurs if they are to make up for the sharp criticism over the selection issue.
Punish Jahurul for his indiscipline and and exclude him from the SL bound team.
Get in Marshal.

On a serious note, Jahurul should be punished automatically anyways.
If you are going to play khep (even if it is not for money) 1 hour before playing the well paid First Class Final match where you are the captain of a side, may be you dont take your job seriously.
What if he got injured or somehow could not reach the venue on time ?
If this was off season, he could have played for his uni, no issues.
But on the match day of a FC game, all important final where he is the captain, this is just unthinkable !
Coming to think of it, this is a HUUGE offense.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 24, 2013, 02:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Should be a good news for the Goru and his two Bachurs if they are to make up for the sharp criticism over the selection issue.
Punish Jahurul for his indiscipline and and exclude him from the SL bound team.
Get in Marshal.

I would do the same. No place for incompetent players in national team. Forget national squad how important is BCL final. He has stamp "picnic cricket" all over BCB and their FC system.
Old February 24, 2013, 02:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I would do the same. No place for incompetent players in national team. Forget national squad how important is BCL final. He has stamp "picnic cricket" all over BCB and their FC system.
So, Shakib is fine with ignoring his national commitment, playing in BPL instead of going through injury recovery (obviously out of financial interest) ahead of two crucial tours, but Jahurul should be punished severely for playing an 8-over match for his varsity (where he gets paid nothing) before a domestic match? Nah, that will be too much of a double standard.
Old February 24, 2013, 02:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

And who gave Shakib permission to play in BPL
Old February 24, 2013, 02:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

proisromi achey cheleta

chih johurul chih !

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old February 24, 2013, 02:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
And who gave Shakib permission to play in BPL
What I read from news, the physio went to him asking not to play with injury, but he denied having any pain. Because of his superstar status, he can get away with a stunt like that, and then go on a tour to Australia, with his wife, at BCB's expense.
Old February 24, 2013, 02:37 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
What I read from news, the physio went to him asking not to play with injury, but he denied having any pain. Because of his superstar status, he can get away with a stunt like that, and then go on a tour to Australia, with his wife, at BCB's expense.
And why did the physio went to him and not to team management. If whatever you said is true then Shakib should be fined. And the NOC given by BCB to play in IPL and County should be revoked until he is fully fit.
Old February 24, 2013, 02:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Eshen bro
the difference is Sakib had BCBs permission but Johurul apparently did it without even asking BCB.
so BCB is in full rights to punish Johu but not Sakib as BCB let him play BPL.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old February 24, 2013, 02:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
And why did the physio went to him and not to team management. If whatever you said is true then Shakib should be fined. And the NOC given by BCB to play in IPL and County should be revoked until he is fully fit.
Again, what I read from news, the physio did his part to let everyone know about the situation, including BCB top bosses. Everyone knew very well that not only Shakib, but also Mushfiq, Riyad, and Mash were playing in BPL with injuries. But in other cases, players did take rest for a one or two matches, and none of them are currently unavailable due to fitness. Incase of Shakib, everyone knew very well there was a good chance he won't have enough time, after BPL, to recover for international tours that are coming up. May be it was not his fault only, may be BCB was also under pressure not to let BPL lose its shine in absence of Shakib (or not to lose out the commission they got out of Shakib's paycheck). In either case, it was a blatant disregard to commitment to our national team. What Aumi has done comes nothing near to it.
Old February 24, 2013, 02:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

So to cover Aumi's mistake we can use Shakib's injury as an excuse.
Old February 24, 2013, 03:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

My problem is not why Aumi participated for his university but the reason he did it in the middle of an ongoing final. Aumi may find it as dudh baath tournament but we don't.
Old February 24, 2013, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Not saying Aumi should not be punished at all, but that should not as severe as kicking him out of the natioanl team.
Old February 24, 2013, 03:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
My problem is not why Aumi participated for his university but the reason he did it in the middle of an ongoing final. Aumi may find it as dudh baath tournament but we don't.
When someone after scoring a thousand runs a season still being left out in favor of another cricketer who had an average season, it's hard to see the value of our FC leagues.
Old February 24, 2013, 05:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

imo no need to question jahurul's place in the squad, he's been consistent over a good number of years. SN is the spot that should be questioned.
Old February 25, 2013, 02:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Maybe he played for fun or maybe his friend requested him to play? I wouldn't jump to conclusions.
Old March 9, 2013, 07:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur and ABD

seems like another domestic bully
Old March 9, 2013, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Jao Test match baad diya Clemon indoor cricket khelo giya.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old March 9, 2013, 07:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur and ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Jao Test match baad diya Clemon indoor cricket khelo giya.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old March 9, 2013, 07:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

I think jahurul played well enough and got out to a good ball. He looked pretty comfortable out there. And certainly looked much better than the fan favourite Anamul.

Now here is a question that's been bugging me for ages. Why is everyone do crazy about Anamul? He always looked pretty average to me. His footwork is just horrible. I don't see what is the hype about?

However I do expect great things from Mominul as he plays more games and gains experience.
Old March 9, 2013, 07:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
I think jahurul played well enough and got out to a good ball. He looked pretty comfortable out there. And certainly looked much better than the fan favourite Anamul.

Now here is a question that's been bugging me for ages. Why is everyone do crazy about Anamul? He always looked pretty average to me. His footwork is just horrible. I don't see what is the hype about?

However I do expect great things from Mominul as he plays more games and gains experience.
Consistency and ability to score centuries at such a young age is what has hyped anamul, he seems to bat quite well on big occasions to. But agree he has technical issues to work on.
Old March 9, 2013, 08:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
When someone after scoring a thousand runs a season still being left out in favor of another cricketer who had an average season, it's hard to see the value of our FC leagues.
When you see that average player does way better than this thousand club member....then you should have serious doubt on the domestic standard .. Or may be change the angle of assessment..
I'm with Shahbag for fair punishment of all war criminals. Im with Shahbag to stand for fair trials of all Corruption, all murders and social injustices occurred over last 40 years. I'm for a secular, corruption free & Just society in Bangladesh. Spirit of '71

Last edited by BANFAN; March 9, 2013 at 04:46 PM..
Old March 9, 2013, 08:28 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Was good for 20, still good for 20.
I'm yet to be convinced.
Will be more than happy to be proved wrong.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]