facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Stanley Cup in 2012-2013?
Detroit Red Wings 1 11.11%
Pittsburgh Penguins 4 44.44%
Los Angeles Kings 2 22.22%
New York Rangers 0 0%
Minnesota Wild 0 0%
Boston Bruins 1 11.11%
Chicago Black Hawks 2 22.22%
Philadelphia Flyers 1 11.11%
St. Louis Blues 1 11.11%
Random Canada based team (Please name your favorite fantasy) 1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 18, 2013, 10:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

It is perhaps a maturity issue with him. People forget that he just turned 25, and after almost two years away from the game, he probably reflected on his manners on ice and whether that contributed to some head shots he was taking- though undeserving. Even though I don't agree that he dived ( perhaps embellished a bit more than needed ) but he was excessive at times the way he yelled at the refs. That fat dude Hitchcock labelled him as a diver and that stayed with him for years. We looked at it as the captain trying to get the max advantage for his team, but people outside of Pittsburgh ( not Canada ) hated him for it. He plays too wired and sometimes in the past it got the worst out of him. And, when you are in the spotlight like he is, things tend to get magnified. Anyway, we like the new calmer Crosby on ice. It serves him better. He is as wired as ever, but his on ice antics are almost gone. He is better for it. Yesterday when Boychuk dived to get the penalty vs him, he just shook his head and went to the box. Few years ago, he would have complained all day about it..lol..I just love his overall game. No flash. Just brilliant at little things. Gretzky said it perfectly the other day in an article. He considers Crosby as the best superstar third line grinder the game has ever seen. So true. He loves playing in tight quarters. He rarely loses the battles in boards against much bigger men. Kunitz and Dupuis compliments him perfectly. Just hope he stays healthy the rest of his career.

No update on Letang or Malkin. As I said, team can not win without Letang. After he left the game yesterday, we got completely outclassed by Bruins. True. Huge trap game coming vs Caps tomorrow.

How about the Sens? Mclean wins the Adams this year. So much injury but they keep on ticking. Biggest surprise is Buffalo. They are on a free fall. Players fighting and pointing fingers at each other. I think they will blow up the team, that includes Ryan Miller.
Old March 18, 2013, 11:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram,Shakib,Mushy

Crosby's lower body strength is something else. The guy is almost impossible to knock off the puck, and wins most 2 on 1 puck battles down low. I think Gretzky's comments are perfect to describe him.

I can only image how good he would be with a David Clarkson/Dustin Brown type winger. Or *gasp* Iginla. I hope the Flames suck for the next couple games just to see Iginla and Crosby together again.

Yea Beamer bhai, I was pissed after that loss. I thought the team has overcome those days of blowing tight games, as we have held on to win a lot of tight games this year. But, with players like Crosby, any mistake you make can end up in the back of the net, which is what happened. He's just on another level right now.

We blew another game against the Jets this saturday. We came back this time from 4-1, but giving up 4 goals against the Jets in 2 straight games is pathetic. Whatever the issue is with this team, I hope Randy can help seal it up as soon as possible. The cushion of 6ish points we had over the 8th place team is all but gone now, with our recent skid of 0-3-2. Lets see what happens.
Old March 18, 2013, 11:38 AM
Cricket Guru

I knew you were mad : ) But, in this truncated season, sooner you move on the better. Good fight back to earn a point vs Jets being down 4-1. But, that penalty shoot out was so unbearable to watch. NHL Network had it on Live and I saw it. Reimer was good. It seemed like nobody will win. Not to brag or anything, but did you know that Pens hasn't missed a shootout goal this year? Crosby, Letang, Malkin, Neal scored every shootout goal this year. I find that amazing. 100% so far.
I think having Lupul back is huge for you guys. BTW, I no longer want Kulemin. Saw him twice now and I think better trading partner for him is with St.Louis. McCarthur is someone we covet, but I doubt Leafs are sellers as they are in thick of things, and should remain so. Its a vastly improved team.

Would love an Iginla. But, not gonna happen. They want too much, but you never know. Flames are playing decent enough but I am afraid they won't make it. Feaster won't pull the trigger to rebuild. I think Kunitz is playing fine. Clarkson would be an asset though. Dustin Brown would look good but I doubt Kings trade their captain. There were rumors last year about Brown for Staal. But, Staal is gone. Pens will move to get a top four D and third-fourth line help. I am almost sure of it now. I don't think we are going to add a top six forward.
Old March 18, 2013, 10:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Perry just got PAID even more than Getzlaf.
Old March 19, 2013, 03:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs PWN
Perry just got PAID even more than Getzlaf.
Amazing how just good players are getting paid as much as phenoms and superstars ever since the Suter-Parise purchase.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 19, 2013, 06:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Yeah, and owners locked them out because they were losing money !! lol..Big contract no doubt, but something Ducks had to do. This seals the deal for Bobby Ryan. I am wondering what happens next year when the cap goes drops down a whole lot. Not sure about the number, but its around $64mil. We got Malkin and Letang coming up next summer ! I am getting worried big time.

Another Philly loss. Stick a fork in them..
Old March 19, 2013, 03:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Yeah, and owners locked them out because they were losing money !! lol..Big contract no doubt, but something Ducks had to do. This seals the deal for Bobby Ryan. I am wondering what happens next year when the cap goes drops down a whole lot. Not sure about the number, but its around $64mil. We got Malkin and Letang coming up next summer ! I am getting worried big time.

Another Philly loss. Stick a fork in them..
64.3 M to be exact.

Jake Gardiner has been freed!!! He has 3 games of waiver eligibility left. If he doesn't impress RC in the next 2 games, he will be in the A for a while. Here's to hoping Gards has fixed whatever RC doesn't like about his game. The bonus out of all this is that the plug Holzer is gone. He isn't even close to being NHL ready yet.

Lupul, Gardiner, Liles in, Steckel, Holzer, Costco out. Hopefully these upgrades help us complete the push for the playoffs.

Contracts like Bobby Ryan's, Carter's and Richards' one look amazing right now. Even though the length is huge, by the end of the deal (in 8 years), these guys will still be worth 5M if you factor in a rising cap and inflation. Gotta think Ryan has huge trade value. He's a great player to begin with, and that contract just makes his value that much more. He's gonna command the same return as Richards, or even more - A young top 6 forward and a blue chip prospect. Obviously, this is in case Anahiem wants to move him.

Jonas Brodin just looks that much better every time I watch him. He's getting some points now too. This kid, and Suter have really changed up the Wild's D this year. He'll be a top 10 D man in 3 years time. Book it!
Old March 20, 2013, 07:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Gardiner has been freed !!

Ten in a row now. Very hard fought victory. Team looks like a different team without Letang. Need him back ASAP. Sid hit the half century mark of pts.

Yes, those contracts look great. I will throw in James Neal in there too. Another four years left for $5mil for a 40 goal scorer ain't too bad.

Haven't followed West much this year, but Wild should be good, after all the money they spent ! Plus, Yeo is a good coach. Good structurally. Won a cup with us as asst.

Ottawa is really amazing me. They have the best draft history in recent years. Nobody does it like them. They plug in great young players all the time.
Old March 20, 2013, 12:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Yea Ottawa's draft history under Murray is pretty awesome. They continue to draft well no matter where, and produce high end talent. But this year though, I think it's more coaching then depth. MacLean is a master tactician, and has really utilized the strength of every single player he has. That added with some strong goaltending from both Bishop and Anderson has given them a fighting chance in every game. I can only imagine how good they'll be next year when one of the best centers in the league, and an elite dman return to their lineup. Other players will return too (Cowen, Michalek, etc), but those two guys are beasts.

I remember back when the Sens drafted Karlsson - lots of people, including me, were laughing at Karlsson's weight (150 lbs), and thought he'd be a tweener at best.

Big game coming up tonight against Tampa. We're tied with 3 teams for 6th in the East, with 15-12-2 record. Gotta start beating the teams under us if we wanna have any chance at the playoffs.
Old March 21, 2013, 02:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Setoguchi may no longer be with the Sharks and we're not in the playoffs yet, but the Eurasian forward still has our number BIG TIME. Good to see Nyquist score even in this losing effort against the surging Wild. Both Minny and LA have begun to peak at the right time. I'm amazed to find us still in payoff contention.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 21, 2013, 08:56 AM
Test Cricketer

What a dumbass hit by Lupul. He's gonna get 1-3 games for this. Too bad we're facing Boston and Ottawa in the next 3 games. We badly need forwards like him against the Bruins.

Fingers crossed its just one game and some fine. Didn't look too bad tbh.

Another huge game by Kadri and Lupul - Kadri with 3 A, and Lupul with 1 G, 1 A. Kulemin had a great game too. He hit everything that moved, really helped create some space for Lupul and Kadri, and sniped home a beauty pass from Kadri. Kulemin's got 2 in 2 games since being placed with Kadri. Now that he actually has a playmaker with him, he might break out of his funk. Grabo and Kulemin had chemistry before, but this year Grabo hasn't been creating many plays for his linemates. He seems to hog the puck until he's covered, and then makes some not so great passes to his linemates. Kulemin was at his best when Grabovsky and MacArthur were creating space, and passes for him. Can't complain too much about Grabo since he's being used in a checking role this year, something he hasn't done before.

30 pts in 30 games for Kadri now. Watch this kid play if you guys have a chance. He'll wow you with at least one pass every game.

And finally, what a run by the Pens! You guys are beasting it right now, and that's without a healthy Malkin. I think Shero might go for it this year, and get Iginla at the deadline (Bobby Mac says the process to trade him has begun, and speculates his choices are DET, PIT and 3 other teams). You guys can let him walk if cap space is a problem next year. One more thing to think about here - even though it's very likely that Malkin and Letang both re-sign, there really isn't a guarantee this entire roster/depth will still be there. This might be your best time to make another big run before extension issues pop up.
Old March 21, 2013, 10:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Setoguchi is probably hearing the trade rumors everyday. Waking up finally. He is a very streaky player. People question his work ethic, but he no doubt is a talented player. Detroit is still solidly in the playoffs mix. I look at the teams below them, and I don't see anyone really challenging Detroit. So, beat the teams below you, and you should be fine. Then, at the deadline get some players ( have the cap room ) and once you are in, anything can happen. Playoffs experience is not an issue. I would hate to play Wings in the first round. CBJ's are the only challenge IMO.

Same thing goes for Leafs. Beat the teams below you ( like the Sabres tonight ), at least get a point when you play the teams above you, and Leafs should be in as well. This is a playoff team. Saw the Lupul hit. Not as bad as it looked, but still was not needed at that point when team comfortably up . He may get two. Its a phone hearing, so gotta be below four. He is a major player for the Leafs and he was missed sorely. Kadri shows flashes every game. I agree. Points are coming as well for him.

Saw the Ducks vs Hawks for a bit. What insane quality ! Two best teams no doubt. One of them would represent the West. Ducks are so physical.

Iginla to Pens are heating up. Shero is looking for a top six forward and a top four D. I don't know how he will do it. Gotta give up a lot for Iginla. At least two blue chip forwards will go the other way, along with a roster player ( Kennedy perhaps ) an a draft pick. Malkin and Letang still day to day. I think you are right. Shero will gamble this year and worry about extensions and such at a later date. We can let Iginla walk next year. We will also trade Orpik in summer to free cap. Who knows..The streak is nice. Isles tomorrow- which is another team that gives us trouble beyond...
Old March 21, 2013, 10:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Also, what is wrong with Tampa? On paper the talent is as good as any team. They have a superstar ( Stamkos ), two great players ( St. louis, Vinny ), a typical crease clearing power forward ( Malone ), great rookie ( Concaher ), a Norris worthy D ( Hedman ), and tons of good complimentary players like Purcell, Nate Thompson, Matt Carle- yet they are struggling big time. Guy Boucher is a good coach too. Granted their goalies are average but still the team should be able to maintain a playoff spot. Not to mention they play in the worst division in hockey. SMH.
Old March 21, 2013, 09:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Two 2 goal leads blown to the Sabres Reimer ****ed up really bad tonight.
Old March 22, 2013, 04:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Rule 48 and Lupul's hit on Hedman.

I'm glad that the NHL has begun to fanatically enforce Rule 48 about illegal and deliberate hit to the head. We need good players, the ones usually targeted for such hits, to stay healthy and play. All true lovers of this great sport should want that, even when those good players are beating your team.

As a former highschool and college hockey player, I can tell you that a deliberate and malicious hit to the head can be easily differentiated from an inadvertent one brought upon by miscalculation and unstoppable momentum.

Hits to the head due to miscalculation always involve bodies facing each other and the player with possession releasing the puck very late. In those situations, the player trying to separate the player with possession with a hard check cannot stop or make last minute adjustments to avoid the head, especially on open ice or at the boards.

Deliberate hits involve a player approaching the player with possession of the puck from an oblique angle right at or very close to the blind spot of the victim. He delivers the head shot despite having enough time to adjust after the puck was released. Elevation of the elbow together with the non-striding foot gives it all away.

Dirty players are the ones who try to make their deliberate assaults look accidental by timing the illegal hit as close to the release of the puck as possible, and get away with that "oops, sorry buddy" routine after taking a penalty. Lupul's hit was a clear example of obvious malice with intent to injure. He has no reason to try to become like that. I hope this suspension teaches him a lesson.

Last edited by Sohel; March 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM..
Old March 22, 2013, 09:04 AM
Cricket Guru

TO had the two pts in the bag. Let it slip away once again. All the goals were PPs? Thats what the box score says. One pt is better than zero, I guess. Both Montreal and Boston won to keep the heat on us for the no.1 seed- not that it matters. There were a lot of fights between TO and Buf. Scrappy game.

Brodeur scored ( or is it Jordan Staal ? ) a goal last night ! Rangers struggle to score goals yet again.

Lupul got two games. I agree. Head shots need to go for good. We need to protect the good players for the sake of the game. When a Steckel puts away Crosby for close to two years, or Matt Cooke to Savard for good, it doesn't serve the game right. Good players that do it need to be suspended too. Lupul was rightly given one whether he meant it or not. Saw Rick Nash deliver one last night to Flieshman. That should get a look.

BTW, US and Canada hockey should name their GM and Coach soon for Sochi sometime within a month. Babcock will return for Canada with Steve Y as the GM. There is rumor here that Bylsma/Shero might get the call for US. What do you think? I think Bylsma will be a good call. Guy knows one thing, and that is to manage egos of superstars. Olympic team is basically a collection of stars. I will have no problem with that. Maybe, he will revenge our loss to Canada with Golden Boy as the loser : ))
Old March 22, 2013, 09:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Bylsma is the right man for the job. He's similar to a young Bowman minus the excessive toughness. Yes, I want that heartbreaking loss avenged. Our guys are better than ever and it's time.
Old March 22, 2013, 09:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Wow..I won't compare him to Bowman. Not just yet ! But, I get what you are saying. Other candidates are Ruff ( but, he is not coaching right now ) and Tortorella ( I doubt players like him with his constant negativity ). So, DB has as good a chance as any. His resume is pretty solid. US had great players and with Jonathan Quick in goal, this is as great an opportunity as ever.
Old March 22, 2013, 10:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Yea, that hit wasn't a very good one from Lupul. He has been very dominant physically so far, but sometimes he did lose his cool and went over board, as seen in this hit, and some of the dumb penalties he has taken in the 2 games he has been back. Hopefully he tones it down a bit, and picks his spots better.

Kadri had another 3 pt night, this time tipping in 2 goals, and getting an assist. He has been playing against the oppositions top line the last two games I believe (Stamkos line/Hodgson line). It will be interesting to see how he manages against a very good 2-way line, like Bergeron's one.

Tyler Ennis and Hodgson both impressed me from Buffalo. They looked like star players out there with their skill, speed and hockey iq. If Grigorenko develops well, the Sabres will have a very solid 1-2-3 down the middle for the forseeable future.
Old March 22, 2013, 11:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Heard Lupul took money from Sid last summer when they wagered in a game of golf. Sid said he beat him silly...lol.

Kadri is a keeper. Had another good game last night. Bergeron is the best defensive forward these days. I have no doubt about that.

We are going for win #11 against the dreaded Isles. Another team that has our number along with Leafs. If morning skate is any indication, looks like Malkin and Letang still out for tonight in Long Island. Vokoun in net too. ugh..That's it. Streak ends tonight.
Old March 22, 2013, 11:12 AM
Cricket Guru

BTW, are my two favorite hockey fans in BC on twitter? If Yes, inbox me, will give you two a follow and vice versa. What happened to Ishtylish cricketer, our resident Habs fan?
Old March 22, 2013, 10:28 PM
Cricket Savant

I'm not on Twitter, bro. Barely any time for BC, Facebook, RWF or AlaloDulal nowadays. IC is missed for sure especially this season with the Habs in contention.

Leading the Ducks 3-1 AND playing well MashAllah with Drew, the lesser of the Miller brothers, promoted to play with Hank and Val. Another hometown boy Abdel Kader scored a couple. That'll add to his confidence
Old March 22, 2013, 10:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Hattrick for Abdel Kader against the run of play! 4-1 Wings.
Old March 22, 2013, 10:48 PM
Cricket Savant

250th goal and 500th assist for Datsyuk, the greatest, most skilled two-way forward since Howe, Yzerman and Fedorov. NOBODY did or does takeaways better ...

Toews is the future of that kind of two-way forward. Vinny didn't pan out that way and Malkin, GREAT defensively when he wants to be, is more offensive.
Old March 23, 2013, 03:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Finally a win we can be proud of under the circumstances! Thrashing an in-form Ducks 5-1 in their own building is no small feat. Even the habitual underachiever from Vetlanda by the name of Franzen had an Eidesque day MashAllah!

Playing them again the day after tomorrow and they'll come at us even harder than they did today from second period onwards. I hope we do it to them again and start peaking.

Last edited by Sohel; March 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM..