facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 24, 2013, 11:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Let's say that there was no floodlight disruptions, would that have made a difference in the outcome of the game?
I was just watching Dilshan highlights on YouTube destroying top caliber pacers like Bond( 4 consecutive 4s and such),to make myself feel better. And considering how good he can be, and our average pace attack, I don't think the outcome would be any different.

But can we be faulted for demanding non-disruptive flood lights so that we can at least see how it would have gone? The match wouldn't be as one sided as it was. Nobody's looking for excuses, I'm just saying to completely ignore the incident all together is wrong. The players should know they have been short-changed and use it as motivation to come back and thrash the SL team.
Old March 24, 2013, 11:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Unless the floodlight failure was directly linked to our poor bowling or their good batting, nothing.
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Old March 24, 2013, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I lost some nap time waiting for them to come back on.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old March 24, 2013, 01:44 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

The Sri Lankan PM Rajapakse was so worried that his beloved team might lose to the minnow team in his hometown that he ordered the Lankan Secret service to take some rapid action and they immediately sabotaged the two generators running the floodlight.

This extra 20 odd minutes gave Dilshan and Sanga to drink one whole extra litre of Lion Energy Drink to shake off their nervous feeling during the innings break.

But you think they could stop our bowlers with just few minutes of loadshedding ? Hec we live and breath power cuts and this whole generator failure was actually a cover up for the true sabotage operation.

While our boys were gulping on alu bhorta, chicken and the other desi foods, the Lankans had secretly poured an extra gallon of ghee in the alu bhorta and daal so that it would make our boys butter fingers and they won't be able to grip the balls properly and bowl those juicy half volleys and full tosses !! These are some invisible heavy duty ghee that gets stuck onto to surface more and more as the time passes, hence the power failure drama, to allow the ghee to settle nicely on to the bowlers finger.

And guess what ? Their plan worked !
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 24, 2013, 02:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
The Sri Lankan PM Rajapakse was so worried that his beloved team might lose to the minnow team in his hometown that he ordered the Lankan Secret service to take some rapid action and they immediately sabotaged the two generators running the floodlight.
Conspiracies may not necessarily hatch from the premier of a country. It can even be the individual madness of some members in SL cricket board. Remember that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
This extra 20 odd minutes gave Dilshan and Sanga to drink one whole extra litre of Lion Energy Drink to shake off their nervous feeling during the innings break.
Just 20 mins? I wish. But you have to make your satire work of course. But this was no 20 mins.
Old March 24, 2013, 05:05 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

It gave us extra time to stuff up on greasy food.

On serious note, what post #25 said. These sort of bullshit threads makes us look like bunch of whiners. I'd rather not play than hear whines.
Old March 24, 2013, 05:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Dilshan would have feasted on our crap bowling attack regardless if he got to 'meditate' or not.
Old March 24, 2013, 08:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Lankans just know how to take advantage of home field advantage. I don't see how this Lankans beat our BPL team Dhaka gladiators led by Ian. With right guidance our team should win 7 out of 10 ODI against them. Of course we need neutral umpiring and uninterrupted game to begin with to have a level field.
Old March 25, 2013, 09:48 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
What was to prevent our bowlers to meditate and channel their inner waqar or dale or shoeb?
They have to have the inner xxxx to channel them.
Old March 25, 2013, 09:54 AM

Without the power failure, they might have waited to eat the bhaat and bhorta.
Old March 25, 2013, 09:55 AM

Our pace bowlers have to be made to practice good length balls two inches off the off stamp. No pacer should be in the national team unless they can do this consistently.