facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should BCB fire/sack Shane Jurgensen
Yes 20 40.00%
No 30 60.00%
None 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 31, 2013, 03:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
1. Yes you can expect, but the reality is different. And we need to live in real world. We know from past: a) selectors are often involved in influencing final 11. b) Captain have lot to say about final 11, . to make some grass root activities to finds new talent with brian, etc.

Eishob assumption bondho korle bhalo lage..... They never dictate coach and captain, they can suggest, but coach and captain is the final authority... Let him come out and say that, since it's his job.... Assumption Koira support deyar dorkar nai....taile we all can assume one this or the other to establish anything....

It's clear, the selectors never select a playing 11 like a dictator...that has been spoken enough...

Old March 31, 2013, 03:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

It was very simple to go with Zia instead of Shahadat....bowling and batting both way...everyone knows, reducing pace is necessary in T20 ... If a coach doesn't have this much ability or spine to establish that...then he is a dead wood...
Old March 31, 2013, 04:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
1. Yes you can expect, but the reality is different. And we need to live in real world. We know from past: a) selectors are often involved in influencing final 11. b) Captain have lot to say about final 11, b) We have an established and accomplished Captain and interim coach who may not be staying beyond 1 year. So it not hard to guess why JS will have less influence selecting the final 11 than a typical HC in an ideal situation..
1. So basically he does not select final 11. Its the selectors and Captain does. He has his "say" but since "apparently" he has no "say", he is NOT responsible for team selection. So he cant be blamed.

2. He is a pace bowling coach. So what pace bowling sucks? He needs specialized pace bowling coach. Also our paces our useless, so it cant be blamed to pace bowling coach. Its all our pacers fault.

3. Mushy captaincy sucks. So coach cant be blamed since Mushy dont listen to the coach. All wrong decisions on the field should be blamed to the captain.

4. There are improvement in batting which is simply not his specilization, and if we do well, and HC gets full credit!

Question: So basically you have a HC coach who dont have any say on final 11, and is forced to cave in selectors and captains demand. What kind of a yes man deadwood incompetent HC is this? why is in in this post if he has no freedom?

Question: He has a lot of power, and HE selects the team. what kind of an idiotic decisons are these playing wrong team in all fomats of crickets all the time? If he is selcting the team, then HC simply lacks basic cricket and common sense.

Quesion: Blame the captain for on field decision. Clue: Captain is out there to implement coaches game plan. If the captain is making mistakes the coach should be blamed for this 100%. If the plan was to use only regular bowlers regardless how much they suck they I would question coach'es gameplan. So you want a coach whom the captain dont listen to or the coach is too clueless to have a basic gameplan. when will he relaize Spin is our strength? we are no Aussie or NZ and we must play to our strength: Spin!

Summay: Shane Jurgenses is no Ian Pont, Jamie Siddons, Dav Whatmore, Saqlain Mushtaq, Gordon Greenidge or not even as low as Mohsin Kamal. To me he the worst ever coach who has no positive impact what so ever. There was a reason he was fired from NZ and no other team wants him. There was a reason why he was so happy when given this 1 year deal. You play without him and we wont lose a single positive thing. Rather we will have better team selection, our useless pacers will be sidelined until they are ready and possibly we will have a much better gameplan before going each and every game.

Trust me there are plenty of local coaches out there who would do much better than him for free. Thats why no BPL team showed any interest for him. It does not matter how much one supports SJ, it is not hard to realize he is NOT the right person for the HC position. Heis a wonderful person, and I like him as a person too but he is just not good enough to be a HC for a TEST playing team.
Old March 31, 2013, 06:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

What is this coach doing? We wants answers. Why was Mizan not picked? Why was shahadat picked on what basis. Some one needs to answer this.
Old March 31, 2013, 09:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

I think i wana give him one more chance... He did his best... What he will do ... When our pacer called aunty pace ???
Old March 31, 2013, 10:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
1. So basically he does not select final 11. Its the selectors and Captain does. He has his "say" but since "apparently" he has no "say", he is NOT responsible for team selection. So he cant be blamed.
That's not what I said. Please don't make up stuff. Please re-read what I said. When Habib was complaining team selection solely balming the coach, I pointed it out most likely the team of 11 is selected based on feedback from coach, captain and some of the selectors.

Quote:
2. He is a pace bowling coach. So what pace bowling sucks? He needs specialized pace bowling coach. Also our paces our useless, so it cant be blamed to pace bowling coach. Its all our pacers fault.
Why you are bringing this up? Almost all of us agree that SJ track record as a bowling coach with us is not good. So what's your point here when we all agree in this point?

Quote:
3. Mushy captaincy sucks. So coach cant be blamed since Mushy dont listen to the coach. All wrong decisions on the field should be blamed to the captain.
Whether Mushy's captaincy suck or not that's a different issue. But if on-field bowling rotation and bowler usage is at question, captain is the one mainly responsible. In cricket establsih captain carry lots of weight, and Mushy is an established and accomplished captain. So its fair to say for on-field decisions, good or bad, Mushy is mainly responsible .

Quote:
4. There are improvement in batting which is simply not his specilization, and if we do well, and HC gets full credit!
Sure. HC is judged by over-all performance of the series. And I am happy with overall performance of the series.

Quote:
Question: So basically you have a HC coach who dont have any say on final 11, and is forced to cave in selectors and captains demand. What kind of a yes man deadwood incompetent HC is this? why is in in this post if he has no freedom?
Please check out previous head coaches. And very few selected the 11 by there own. It used to be a combined decision, and its fair to assume its still the same. And as an interim HC its also fair to say, that he may have less to say.

If the "Yes man dead wood" can give me a better result than a dictator HC who may not be interested to stay here long term anyway , I am ok with that so called economically cheaper deadwood HC who can give me better end result than some of our past live-wood HCs.

Quote:

Question: He has a lot of power, and HE selects the team. what kind of an idiotic decisons are these playing wrong team in all fomats of crickets all the time? If he is selcting the team, then HC simply lacks basic cricket and common sense.
Please rephrase your question, its hard to understand what you are trying to ask.

We always used to select wrong team in all fomats of crickets all the time in the past. Actually now it's kind of giving in the right direction (a bit) in recent times. Please check past team selections under different coaches in the past and you will see how absurd some of the selections were in the past.

Quote:
Quesion: Blame the captain for on field decision. Clue: Captain is out there to implement coaches game plan. If the captain is making mistakes the coach should be blamed for this 100%. If the plan was to use only regular bowlers regardless how much they suck they I would question coach'es gameplan. So you want a coach whom the captain dont listen to or the coach is too clueless to have a basic gameplan. when will he relaize Spin is our strength? we are no Aussie or NZ and we must play to our strength: Spin!
Clue to you question: We had exactly same type of questions raised by fans against other past HC and captions. We also have public accusation by ex-coaches that our players doesn't listen to the coach's instruction.

My point is JS may not be the best coach, but he is eager, available, cheap and showing some good overall team result. Don't expect to get a BMW for the price of KIA. We don't have the money to purchase BMW, nor the BMW car dealer are interested in us because of our background, He is what he is and he is bringing some results for us, so lets wait and see what he brings in his one year.

While you may choose to complain and whine all you want, I would prefer evaluate a HC based on end results as so far I can see is nothing but positive end result in this series... I also saw positive results in WI series.....So I tend to disagree with you. May be he is lucky....then I would rather have a lucky coach in my team.

And I am so happy that so far in the poll more fans agree with me than you. Its too early to ask for his sack.... he is young, inexpensive but eager... we gave him 1 year... and I am going be wait for the full one year.... but so far I see the team is working more like a team than anytime in past.... and its bringing some good results even with all those injuries.