facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Stanley Cup in 2012-2013?
Detroit Red Wings 1 11.11%
Pittsburgh Penguins 4 44.44%
Los Angeles Kings 2 22.22%
New York Rangers 0 0%
Minnesota Wild 0 0%
Boston Bruins 1 11.11%
Chicago Black Hawks 2 22.22%
Philadelphia Flyers 1 11.11%
St. Louis Blues 1 11.11%
Random Canada based team (Please name your favorite fantasy) 1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 3, 2013, 10:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram,Shakib,Mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Mercifully the streak has ended with a thud. It was a terrible effort by everyone. Looked lost without Crosby last night. Vokoun came back to earth. I think we will lose again tonight. I could see it coming. Sadly, Kuntiz and Dupuis looked like third line to border line second line player last night with Kennedy centering ..Lol. Last night alone should validate Crosby's MVP candidacy. At least Iginla got his first goal.

Yes, it is like Christmas, except my Pens have done early shopping. Still, gotta keep an eye on a fourth line player coming in, if any.

Do you have a link for the TSN radio online? Maybe I can listen here and there. I think Leafs will land Kiprusoff. Jagr has become a rental nowadays. What a way to tarnish your legacy ! Maybe, we will meet in playoffs. Can't wait to meet those bums from Boston. They have been talking and chirping a lot. They don't scare me one bit. Its the Habs that scare the daylights out of me. That speed..
http://www.tsn.ca/TradeCentre/TradeTracker2013/ look on the top right hand side.

It's the opposite for me - scared by the Bruins, but not the Habs. We've owned them 2/3 times mostly due to our combination of speed and size. When we skate, we really are a tough team to beat, and that's what happened with the MTL games, aside from the last one. If you use your speed, and at the same time have some big grinders, you can take down MTL. They fold when you use the body on them while keeping up.

The Bruins have a hard time against them because of their lack of speed.

TSN guys reporting that Kulikov and Golgoski are getting a lot of attention. Doesn't mean they'll be moved, but those two teams are in seller mode now. I'd love to land Kulikov here to play with Phaneuf. Price will probably be Gardiner + though.
Old April 3, 2013, 10:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Thanks for the link bud. Working fine..

So, Kiprussof to Leafs a no go. Looks like he will play out the season and retire ! well then..

We have a strategy against Bruins that we have been deploying a lot. Every time Chara is on the ice, we soft dump it in his corner ( all four lines will do it ), chase him down, and hit him every time. Even Crosby line doesn't carry the puck against him. Somebody dumps it and make a beeline for him. If you keep on hitting him, he is prone to turnover and his bigger body takes longer to recover. He also losses his cool and prone to taking penalties. Zone time is almost critical against them. If they establish zone time in your end, you are in trouble, because they are the best when it comes to generating shot from the point. They are good at deflections, and finding the rebounds with chaos ensuing in front of your goalie. We believe that we are good enough on offense that we can still produce one more goal than them by playing this ultra defensive tactic. It has worked in last two years, though it doesn't mean that will work all the time. All it does is gives you a better opportunity. They are a fine balanced team. No doubt about that.
Old April 3, 2013, 10:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Problem with Habs- We don't think they are physical enough, as you pointed out, so we do too much instead of playing the simple game that we play vs Boston. When you do that, turnovers are inevitable, and habs with that speed come back with odd man rushes. They love passing east to west in front of the goalie that usually generate glorious scoring chances.
Old April 3, 2013, 11:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Its Noon. Nothing happening today so far..zzzzzzzzzzz

What's happening with my Winnipeg Jets? They are in real danger of falling to no.8 spot or missing playoffs entirely.
Old April 3, 2013, 12:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Yea, pretty lame deadline. Looks like you guys got Jussi Jokinen. Decent pickup on the cheap.

**** Bettman. He ruined FA and TDD with the hard cap.
Old April 3, 2013, 01:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Holy ****, Ben Bishop for Cory Conacher. Why the **** did Yzerman do this? He gives up a ROY candidate for Ben freaking Bishop!

Ottawa fans should be partying right now.
Old April 3, 2013, 01:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Gaborik to Columbus! That's a shocker right there. Good on CBJ for trying to go for it.

Columbus gives up Derrick Brassard, John Moore and Derek Dorsett. I've gotta say NYR did really well here. 2 good servicable players, and one high potential puck mover.

Steve Mason to Philly as well.
Old April 3, 2013, 01:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Pomminville to Wild!!! Holy **** some big trades coming in at the end.
Old April 3, 2013, 03:13 PM
Cricket Guru

That is a terrible trade for Tampa. Conacher is a fine player, a possible ROY, as you said. Can't believe it. I don't think Yzerman is a very good GM. The other day I heard him give an interview, and he could barely finish a coherent sentence together. Great player, but I have serious doubt about his GM'ship.

Rangers are morons. They can't score but give away their best potential scorer for more grinders. Torts is a fool and his system/manners will tune out everyone eventually.

Minny is a serious team. Also, Canucks did well with Roy.

Jokinnen is a good third/fourth depth guy. Good in PK. Great in faceoffs, Can play all forward positions We needed someone like him.
Old April 3, 2013, 11:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

From the Malik Report:

Quote:
Ken Holland owns more Stanley Cup rings that any other current NHL general manager. Yet today, many among the most spoiled fan base in hockey believe him to be a fool. In truth, he’s simply not a man interested in fool’s gold.

“Would I have liked to do a deal? Yeah, I would have liked to do a deal,” Holland said as the NHL trade deadline concluded without Detroit dealing. “We made offers on two or three players. We would have liked to have put an extra top six forward or an extra top four defenceman into our lineup. When you look at what transpired, you can figure out who we would have had some interest in, but at the end of the day, we didn’t get it done for a whole host of reasons.”

“When you really analyze those trades and put it to Detroit, you’ve got to look at your moment in time and find out if the trade fits, do you have the assets, is it worth it?” Holland explained.

Back when the Wings didn’t think twice about shipping a prospect or a first-round pick away, it was because players such as Steve Yzerman and Nicklas Lidstrom were in the prime of their careers. Holland doesn’t have that luxury now. Pavel Datsyuk is 35 and hinting he might return to Russia in 20o14 when his contract expires. Captain Henrik Zetterberg is 33.

Last season, Holland knew Lidstrom was going and Brad Stuart was gone after the season, so he spent a first rounder on Kyle Quincey to bolster what was about to become a thin blue-line. Holland doesn’t want to become a Colorado or Edmonton, once-mighty franchises that sunk to the bottom of the standings. He recognizes that Detroit fans wouldn’t stand for that.

“We’re trying to compete, we’re trying to rebuild, reload, whatever you want to talk about it,” Holland said, seemingly speaking directly to the fans. "You look at the moment in time. I can’t look at the moment in time. I have to look at what we’ve got and where I think we can go over the next few years.”

Five regulars – Zetterberg, Quincey, Todd Bertuzzi, Darren Helm and Mikael Samuelsson – were out of the lineup Monday when Detroit beat Colorado.

“If we can get those five guys in the lineup in two weeks, I couldn’t do any better moves than getting those five guys back,” Holland said. “And if they don’t come back, it probably doesn’t matter what moves you make.”

Holland could have sold the farm in pursuit of the elusive dream, and in a few years’ time when Detroit was a bottom feeder, the same people calling for his head today for not making a deal would be calling for his head due to the deals that he’d done.

As Mike Babcock likes to say, "That's the facts."

It doesn't mean that you have to like what the Wings didn't do--you can despise the team's lack of moves, that's fine, there are no points off your Red Wings fandom for faith with doubts or the belief that blind faith is a dangerous thing.

You don't have to agree with or like the Wings' coaches or management to love your team. Dissent is part of the bargain, and Babcock and the coaches and Holland and the management--remember, we're talking about a team consisting of Holland, Jim Nill, Ryan Martin, Kris Draper, Mark Howe, Kirk Maltby and the pro scouts, Joe McDonnell, Hakan Andersson and the amateur scouts, Jiri Fischer, Chris Chelios, Chris Osgood, Jim Bedard, Babcock, Bill Peters, Tom Renney and Keith McKittrick, and on the ownership front, input from Jimmy Devellano, Chris Ilitch and Mr. I himself--all have jobs whose descriptions involve accepting that you might be pissed off at their off-ice and on-ice decisions.

So, as Holland told DetroitRedWings.com's Bill Roose, "We're going to go with the kids":

Are you surprised to still be in the playoff hunt despite the number of injuries this season?

“I’m not like all the media is. I think our players are better than what people give them credit for. I think that our goaltending has been real good. We had a bad outing against Chicago, but up until then we were eighth in the league in goals against. I think now we’re 10th or 11th. Anytime you’re in the top third of the league when we’ve got a lot of kids on defense and a lot of injuries up front. But we’ve got some good stories up front.

“Hopefully we get some of our injured players back. In the meantime, there’s been real opportunity for our kids and I think they’ve done a good job.

“Tomas Tatar was only really sent down because we wanted to give Gustav Nyquist a chance. He had seven points in 18 games. You start putting that over 80 games and you get 30-35 points. The best rookies don’t do a whole lot more than 30-35 points. Gustav Nyquist has led the American League in scoring. We could go out and acquire some veterans, but these kids need to play. They are the elite players in the American Hockey League.”

Are you worried about what other teams did?

“Not at all. You have to look over the last 10 years at what teams have got. The age of their best players. The position they are (in) for the next five or six years. We’re trying to compete, we’re trying to rebuild, reload, whatever you want to talk about it. You look at the moment in time. I can’t look at the moment in time. I have to look at what we’ve got and where I think we can go over the next few years. The age of the rosters? Who’s going to be here for a while? And at the end of the day, we think, we hope. … We played the other day and there wasn’t (Henrik) Zetterberg, there wasn’t (Mikael) Samuelsson, there wasn’t (Todd) Bertuzzi, there wasn’t (Darren) Helm, there wasn’t (Kyle) Quincey. If we can get those five guys in the lineup in two weeks, I couldn’t do any better moves than getting those five guys back in the lineup. And if they don’t come back, it probably doesn’t matter what moves you make. You need your players. We think they’re going to come back. I think that, Mike Babcock thinks that. We’re happy with Jakub Kindl, we’re happy with Brian Lashoff, we’re happy with Brendan Smith. We’re happy with the way the kids have played. We don’t want to trade them away.”

Is it tougher to find a fit with all of the parity in the league?

“I don’t know about that. There were 8-9 trades today. There was 15-17 over the last few days. There were four or five big ones, but you have to really analyze them. When you really analyze those trades and you put it to Detroit, we were making those trades six or seven years ago. Other teams weren’t making those trades. You’ve got to look at your moment in time and find out if the trade fits, do you have the assets, is it worth it? We’re trying to compete. We’re on the bubble. Would I have liked to do a deal? Yeah, I would have liked to do a deal. We made some offers, but again we weren’t looking for anything for depth. We don’t need depth defensemen. I traded Kent Huskins away. We don’t need any depth forwards. We would have liked to have put an extra top six forward and an extra top four defenseman. When you look at what transpired, you can figure out who we would have had some interest in, but at the end of the day, we didn’t get it done for a whole host of reasons.”

Can you talk about the state of the Western Conference and how two teams really have separated themselves?

“The regular-season means nothing to me. If the regular-season meant anything, we would have beaten Edmonton in 2006. I think we were 30-35 points ahead of Edmonton in 2006 with 126 points. We were the first seed, Edmonton was the eighth seed, they got a hot goalie and they knocked us out. I’ve watched both ends of the spectrum. I think the regular-season, it’s meaningful in the sense that you need to be in the top eight. But I think when the playoffs start on the first of May, I think you can throw all the statistics out in the garbage. That’s what history says since 2005. I look at it today, we’re three points out of opening at home and we’re four points out of not being part of the tournament. We’re right in the middle. We’ve got 12 games to go, seven on the road. We’ve got to win some hockey games.”
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 4, 2013, 07:28 AM
Test Cricketer

After seeing what Minnesota got for Pomminville, it's totally understandle why Holland/Nonis stayed pat. This was a sellers market on deadline day. When Martin freaking Erat gets a prospect like Forsberg in return, you know young teams on the rise, or teams in transition will not get what they want at a reasonable price range.

Detroit will probably just sit tight and let their young players all come up and make an impact before doing something significant - similar to what the Leafs have been doing post Kessel trade. They'll make the playoffs really soon though, unlike us, due to their strong foundation already in place. We might see some offseason deals from Leafs and Detroit to address their blueline issues.

Darcy Regier's obscene asking price tacting seems to be working for the past couple years. He got Hodgson out of Kassian, a 1st out of Gaustad, 2nd out of Leopold, and a pot of gold out of Pomminville. He is the right guy, at the right time for Buffalo. Within the next 3-5 years, that franchise will be booming with talent if they play their cards right. The scariest part of this is the fact that he hasn't even dealt his two most prized players - Miller and Vanek. Miller already wants out, so he should be gone around the draft. Vanek, I'm not too sure. If he wants to stay, I think Regier might just hold on. Need some good players to play with young studs like Hodgson and Ennis.

I think the Gaborik deal was really good for all 3 sides involved. Gaborik checked out of NYR this year, and needed a change of scenery. When he's focused, he is one of the most dangerous players in the league. I think he'll get back to being ~30 g, 60 pt guy - giving them similar numbers as Nash. Cbus is a good young team who play exciting hockey. This move is sure to give them, and their fans a shot in the arms. This team is finally in good hands with John Davidson at the helm.

Game against Beamer bhai's favourite team tonight. We must maintain a perfect record against them!
Old April 4, 2013, 09:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Great read Sohel. I think Detroit did it right. Its not the time to deal away draft picks for them. Also, good pts by leafs PWN about Sabres and the overall trade deadline scenario this year.

We had another dog performance last night. I am willing to give them the benefit of doubt since they won fifteen in row earlier, but I sense some things that I didn't like last night and the night before to Buffalo. No.1 - Those fifteen wins were with Crosby and you just can't replace him as we are doing now. No.2 Malkin's game is no way near what it was last year and he has basically done way below his standards this year, and nothing to write about in last two games minus Crosby. No. 3 I think we have become a slower time with the addition of Iginla, Morrow ( I don't know what he does out there ) and Murray to a certain degree. No. 4 The new players were not part of the streak and the team chemistry is lacking a bit now.

All correctable, minus the speed aspect ( which I do not like ), and lots of practice time needed with correct line combination.

Good luck with Philly. Beat them, will you ? I am actually travelling to Philly this evening. NYC in the morning.
Old April 5, 2013, 11:19 AM
Test Cricketer

After a hard fought win in Ottawa, it looked like the team had a sense of entitlement for the first time this year. We usually play **** for about 5-10 mins every game, but last night they took it to a new level during the 2nd. We came close to tying it up in the 3rd (3 posts before the Flyers scored the EN) after we finally woke up, but fortune didn't favor us. We need to get desperate now to lock a playoff spot. We play NYR and NJ 4 times in the next 10 games - two teams right below us in the standings.

Perhaps the biggest loss in this game was Lupul's cheapshot by the Flyers goons. He might have a concussion, meaning season over. No final word yet. It seemed to me like the Flyers are playing even more dirty now then they were before. Rats like Simmonds, Hartnell and Rinaldo run around taking shots at players without getting called. Of course, they run away when a heavyweight like Orr tries to make them accountable. Hope they get crushed in the playoffs if they make it.
Old April 7, 2013, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

We're still in contention to make the playoffs as non-contenders (first time since '93, WOW!).
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 7, 2013, 11:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Looks like the Caps and Ovechkin are back. They went back to the type of system that works for them. Good on Oates. When the Caps are firing, they are one of the most exciting teams to watch.
Old April 8, 2013, 08:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Holy crap, have the Sharks been on fire or what. They're 8-1-1 in their last 10, and very close to being in a position for home ice advantage in the playoffs. A couple of weeks ago, it seemed like they were done this year.

Niemi deserves a lot of credit for the resurgence. The guy is genuinly playing well this year. He's been better this year than the year he won the cup with Chicago.

It looks like the Leafs will face the Bruins this year. I can't the Habs losing the division lead. They are playing too well for that right now. Shows what a good, mobile d and excellent goalie can do for you, even if your forwards aren't all that great. Having Subban and Markov as your top two guys is pretty awesome. That's probably the best top 2 after Keith and Seabrook.

It's good to face the Bruins or Habs. Gonna build up the divisional rivalry really well.
Old April 9, 2013, 11:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Back after a few days off !! What did I miss? Looks like caps and Ovi are firing. No.3 is for them to lose. We have clinched a playoff spot and its between no.1 or 2 for us. Injuries to key players has been our story for the last four years. That is the case once again. Martin and Letang remain out. Crosby lost a ton of weight and I don't see him coming back until the playoffs. Neal has a concussion now thanks to De Zotto elbow ( no suspension !! ). Goal scoring is down minus Crosby. Lets see how the next two weeks go for us.

LeafPWN- Among the Flyers that you mentioned that runs around head hunting, you forgot Breydan Schenn. He is the dirtiest of the whole bunch. He always leaves his feet when he hits, and of course, he is the first to run away when challenged. Hartnell will answer the bell from time to time, but not him. Saw them choking against 'Peg over the weekend.
Old April 9, 2013, 11:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Canes and Devils are on a free fall. Most surprising number to me is Jordan Staal being -16 this year! I never imagined that in a thousand years.
Old April 10, 2013, 01:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Gotta finish strong starting tomorrow and head into the playoffs with a bit of momentum. Looks like Babcock is making a few offensive adjustments. Hometown boy Danny DeKeyser has made an immediate difference defensively MashAllah.

Quote:
Wings seek more offense, shuffle lines

DETROIT – With three days off before the next game, coach Mike Babcock hopes to stimulate the Red Wings’ offense, shuffling the forward lines during practice on Tuesday at Joe Louis Arena.

“We need to generate (offense), we don’t want to give up anymore chances against and we want to be solid defensively and continue that way,” Babcock said. “But we’d like to generate more offense.”

With nine games left, the Red Wings are very much in the hunt for one of the final Western Conference playoff berths. However, so are nine other teams currently vying for spots four through eight. But the Wings’ offense has flat-lined over the last five home games causing some concern as they’ve produced just three-points in the standings while being outscored 17-8 in those games.

By moving Valtteri Filppula off the wing to third-line center between forwards Damien Brunner and Daniel Cleary – the trio has accounted for six goals in the last 10 games – Babcock hopes to spread more scoring chances through his four lines.

The move comes days after Babcock re-united Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg on the top forward line with Justin Abdelkader, and switched Johan Franzen to second-line center, where he remained in Tuesday’s practice along with wingers Drew Miller and Gustav Nyquist.

“By doing this we can generate more offense,” Babcock said. “We feel Fil, Brunns, Clears that’s a pretty good line. Fil’s been a good centerman for us. We like what Mule’s been doing here and we’re just going to spread our lineup out and go a little bit deeper.”

READ MORE
Old April 10, 2013, 07:59 AM
Test Cricketer

It'll be good to have all 3 of our teams in the playoffs Even better if they face each other. Not gonna hold my breath though. Anything past the first round will be a bonus for Leaf fans this year. Although I must say, if we skate hard every game, I like our chances against the Bruins or Habs. Habs are a great team, but we matchup well against them.

Caught a good chunk of the Habs/Caps game last night. It was a fast, exciting game with some really good skill on display. From Montreal's perspective, its easy to see the difference in skill between their defencemen and the forwards. Their mediocre forwards are helped a great deal by Markov and Subban, who basically act as 4th forwards in the offensive zone.

It's the otherway around for Washington - their skill is in display during the rush, especially when Ovy and Backstrom are on. Ovechkin was doing a great job of maintaining puck possesion last night. On one of those plays, he was able to beat Price (from around the blue line) by making him move laterally through a screen. There seems to be an extra jump in his step these days. Hope he can keep this up. I miss the Ovy vs Crosby rivalries that used to exist before.

I was able to catch some of the Hawks/Wild game as well. The Hawks are just in a different league compared to the rest of the teams now. Their ability to make plays off the rush, crash the net, and their tenacious pressure when not in possesion of the puck make them dangerous no matter where they are on the ice. When they are on, it seems like every pass they make is tape to tape. Last night the Wild were doing their boring old crap, and collapsing down low every time the Hawks entered the zone. In response to this, the Hawks dumped it into the corner, sent thier fast forward after the puck and crashed the net HARD. That generated some really good chances for the entire 1st peroid. A little sharper shooting would have seen them get a 2-0 lead early on. And as Minnesota is, they were playing to avoid mistakes in the offensive zone. Always sending in 2 forwards deep and keeping the dmen high. Don't think I saw a single pinch out of their dman the few times they established zone time. Not gonna beat good teams often playing like that.

The Wild are the classic defensive team who clog 2/3 of the ice, and hope to score a couple from the few chances they get. Pretty pathetic given the quality of players they have. They are having success - but honestly, I wouldn't pay to watch a team like that even if they were winning.
Old April 10, 2013, 09:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Yea, it was great to have Ovi -Sid rivalry. I hope it comes back again. Sid was hurt for two years and Ovi sucked those two years. Its good for the game and the league. You know what? Ovi has put himself in the Hart consideration now. He has pulled his team up by his play. Granted, it is by far the worst division in hockey, and 44 pts giving you a no.3 seed is a shame. But, it is what it is.

Spot on about Habs and Caps contrasting style.

Hawks are just magical at times. They cycle the puck better than anyone I have seen. Now, they are getting Sharp and Hossa back. A Hawks vs Redwings in first rd will be superb and I am sure Hawks would like to avoid that.

Saw a video of Crosby the other day. Guy looks like a ghost. Lost so much weight ! Funny his face doesn't look much different. They did a great job with surgery. I think getting his weight and strength back is the major issue. You can only do that when you start eating solids. Based on that, I don't see him coming back before playoffs. Worst thing that can happen to us is fall to no.2.

Watching Philta lose again made my night. They are done done done..

Yes, all three of our teams are on course for playoffs. It has also been a good year for Canadian teams. Edmonton is still in contention, though the chances are slim. Only Calgary is completely out. I want Jets to make it so bad. Love everything about that city..
Old April 11, 2013, 10:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Leafs picked up a point and all but safe for playoffs. Devils are fading big time like the Sens. But, I think Sens are safe. Did you guys see the Volchenkov elbow on Marchand? Nasty. I think its suspension worthy, but Del Zotto got away with Neal elbow to the head. Never know these days..

The clowns that are Bruins fanbase were celebrating Crosby broken jaw two weeks ago. Calling it karma! Also, they were wishing ill health on Iggy after he decided to not go there. Now, they got Bergeron and Marchand out to concussion. Of course , they were happy to see Emelin out too. I have visited their forums quite a bit in last month or so, and I must say that they are as bad as Flyers. But, get well Bergeron and Marchand...
Old April 11, 2013, 10:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Red Wings going to lock up Howard with a six yr extension. Good move. He is a solid solid franchise goalie.
Old April 11, 2013, 02:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

This Truncated season feel too short ... Haven't paid much attention and now theres only 9 games left.

It is what it is, Hopefully we can avoid the 8 seed, get the 6 seed play the Caps and than take it from there.
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old April 14, 2013, 10:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Important win against the Preds tonight. The three-way battle for the 8th spot is pretty intense as all of us in the RWN find ourselves in uncharted waters after making the playoffs for 21 consecutive years. The Sharks are number two on that list with 8.

I hope Franzen has a one of his better playoff years this year and Filppula and Brunner find their groove going into them.