facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 18, 2013, 08:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I have always wanted to know this. But what happens to the mic/camera inside the stump when a player takes the stump home after a victory? Is the stump camera still functioning when you take it home? Can the 3rd umpire see/hear everything your doing at home? Like ummm........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
I think the camera-mic is easily detachable from the stumps? They come off if middle stump is sent flying, for instance.
stump mics are easily detachable ..... in fact in one game i saw, when india or (CSK) won the game dhoni detached the stump mic/cam and then uprooted the stump.

and also necessarily not always the stump is in the middle stump. its also some times in a right handers leg stump.

once there was a debate that which stump gets up rooted the most and which one the less. they broadcasters wanted to put the mic/cam in the stump which has least chance of being hit.

so the idea came in it should be leg stump with least chance. but then again the leg stump of right hander is off stump of left hander. also when run outs happen u dont know which stump may be hit.

so now-a-days for some reasons broadcasters avoid middle stump. they put the cam/mic in leg stump at one end and off stump at other end.

also in one game i saw, the middle stump got broken. the technician came in with a new stump and the next time they set it on the off stump and in a few overs the off stump get broken. next time he was confused where to put it and he finally put it again in off stump. in that cam there was no more further bowled out dismissals luckily

Old April 18, 2013, 11:45 PM
Cricket Legend

lol Riyad ..I guess that's why Mushy didn't give enough overs to Gazi