facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Stanley Cup in 2012-2013?
Detroit Red Wings 1 11.11%
Pittsburgh Penguins 4 44.44%
Los Angeles Kings 2 22.22%
New York Rangers 0 0%
Minnesota Wild 0 0%
Boston Bruins 1 11.11%
Chicago Black Hawks 2 22.22%
Philadelphia Flyers 1 11.11%
St. Louis Blues 1 11.11%
Random Canada based team (Please name your favorite fantasy) 1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 3, 2013, 12:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Shakib-BIjoy-Rumman

Nyquist's OT winner gives us the all important split as we head back to the Joe, but none in the RWN are as happy as we should be. Complacency issues need to be rectified if we are to avoid scenarios like tonight's. Can't get bailed out like this too often.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 3, 2013, 10:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Went to bed with Wings leading 3-0. Guess I missed some serious comeback action by Ducks. But, in the end, it doesn't matter. A win is a win, and Wings get the valuable split heading back to Mo Town. I don't think being down 0-2 was an option for this particular Wings team. Ducks also play in patches. I don't see them doing much unless they play 60 mins. Home ice belongs to Wings now.

Second game in a row a softy allowed by Quick, and also in dying moments. Don't ever want to write off the champs, but its incredibly difficult to win cup in back to back years. But, again its too early and Kings are very capable of squaring the series.

Gryba hit on Eller was sickening. I don't think it was as malicious as it looked to be fair. The PPOC was shoulder to chest. Diaz was partly to blame for passing like that. I think the damage was done when his face hit the ice. I have no sympathy for docuhebag Melnyk or Sens especially after his forensic persecution of Cooke. But, unlike him, I will be fair. Just imagine if the P.K laid out Alfredsson like that? He will be out with his CSI Ottawa unit licking bloodied ice cubes. Your guy hit my guy- Dirty play. My guy hit your guy- hockey play. That said, Anderson stole it for them. Carrey Price was terrible on two goals. Not gonna cut it.

Surprised by Caps fighting back to win. Rangers just don't score enough. This should go to seven games regardless.

Isles would come out hungry like deshi kuttas tonight. We have to counter. #87 is back. But, Neal goes out with a bad ankle. I don't know if we can ever put our top 9 on display together. sigh..
Old May 3, 2013, 11:19 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

lol this is bullshit! They fired Susannah Collins for her tremendous slipup!
Old May 3, 2013, 11:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Babcock Postgame Presser

Hank Postgame

Gus Postgame

"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 3, 2013, 02:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Lol at the amazing war or words by Habs at Sens ! I wish this game was not at the same time as the Pens game. Prust called Maclean a bug eyed fat walrus...I am like LMAO at the childish but incredibly funny words. Habs should be actually more concerned with Price. His game for the last month has been off the charts bad. It continued to last game. Macleans comments were taste less though. Maybe, his weirdo owner should hire a forensic team to find if he actually has walrus DNA..
Old May 4, 2013, 12:31 AM
Cricket Savant

The 2 on 1 in OT is finished off by Torres and the Sharks win both on the road before heading down to Northern California to sweep the Canucks. Couldn't be happier really. Can't stand this particular Canada-based team and its whining fandom of losers who saw fit to trash their own beautiful city after losing the Cup. Not even Flyrers or Leafs fans would do that, if the Leafs ever manage to get into the SCF which they won't in my lifetime. A fundamentally outdated approach to hockey and really bad karma. Looking forward to terrorizing them next year with our maturing youngsters. More on the way next year BTW. The Sharks are probably the best net crashing, garbage goal team in the league. Their relentless aggression in front of the opposition net is something to behold. A feeding frenzy worthy of their name.

Chicago has taken both at home but may lose one at Minny. Doesn't really matter. The Hawks are simply too darn strong to give it away to Minny.

Gotta tip my hat to Crosby. Rusty and physically not 100%, he still managed to score a couple albeit in a losing effort. He may have scored a hundred points this truncated season had he not been out. What a phenomenal point machine! Anyway, the Isles would still lose in 6 max as Crosby recovers while playing.

The Habs-Sens series in headed across the highway to Ottowa and could go either way. Price may not be good enough to deliver the series whereas Anderson, yes ANOTHER American goalie, certainly is. I think the Sens will take this in 7.

Gotta come out strong and stamp our authority in our own building tonight. Gotta make it 2-1 and then 3-1 before heading back out to Disneyland. Won't be easy. Can't be complacent. LET'S GO RED WINGS!

Expecting the Kings to win tonight and the Leafs to be staring at the wrong end of a sweep. Not too sure about the Rangers anymore. The Caps are suddenly playing great hockey with Holtby looking solid. Oats is beginning to look like an exceptional motivator with his innovative player management approach. Lundqvist is certainly capable of stealing a game or two, but a whole series? That would indeed be something. Heart's with the NYR but not money.

Last edited by Sohel; May 4, 2013 at 01:52 AM..
Old May 4, 2013, 11:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Is this the face of a man only his mother could love, or what? Frolik, scored 2 against Minny!

Old May 4, 2013, 11:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Tough loss at the Joe tonight. Talk about hard earned home ice advantage blown. The Ducks executed well, decisively won the third period just like in game 2, and we're back to square one with a must-win game 4 coming up. Our fundamental problem remains the same while the D was visibly weakened by Dekeyser's injury. Lashoff isn't nearly as ready. Can't seem to sustain intensity for all 60 minutes. There's an excellent chance we'll lose game 4 if we play like the way we did tonight. Our kids are under great pressure and must be led by veteran leaders to stay loose and execute one shift at a time for all 60 minutes. To make matters worse, team chemistry has been severely compromised by Abdel Kader's impending suspension. That headshot was absolutely criminal. I won't be surprised if our season comes to an end after game 5 in Disneyland.

Lupul and Kessel came to play and the Leafs get the split in Boston. Strong performance from Toronto. Boston has to win one in their building that won't be easy at all.

NYR won't win this series because Lundqvist can't play forward while tending goal, but we'll see what happens in NYC. Maybe they'll find a way to score some goals.

Kings are leading 1-0 with 9 left in the 3rd. Gotta hold on to this slimmest of lead.

Last edited by Sohel; May 5, 2013 at 02:00 AM..
Old May 5, 2013, 01:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Quick pitches a shutout as LA take game 3 at home.
Old May 6, 2013, 09:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Two back to back horror shows for my Pens. Nothing has changed since last playoffs. We will not go far playing defense like this again. Its like the Flyers series redux. Just horrifying. Game 2 we blew a 3-1 lead to lose. Fleury was pathetic. Yesterday, we were down 0-2, still turning puck over in neutral zone, still running around pinching when its not needed, still letting Isles forwards run cricles and allowing them to come with speed through neutral zone. sigh..Bylsma is on notice. We manage to make it 4-2, but let them tie late in third before prevailing in OT. Pens must realize that 1-0 win is still a win. We have scored 13 goals in 3 games ! But, its still not enough. They want to score every time. Man, we need Brooks Orpik back ASAP to bring some reason in that defensive core. In the meantime, I will take the 2-1 series lead. Isles believe and they are showing it. Fleury was again average yesterday. Corsby is already better than his teammates after sitting out a month. Just a tremendous athlete. What else can I say..

Sens-Habs has become a full time war. Sens are bigger and more physical. Habs have no chance crashing and banging with them. Carrey Price is looking worse than Fleury. If those two are Canada's no.1 and no.2, then Queen save Canada ! At times the game last night was like a war zone..

Very surprised that TO won in Boston. You can't take anyone lightly in playoffs. TO has some good forwards. Numbers prove that. If TO gets Reimer to play well, TO will score some goals for him. No question about that.

Rangers almost must win game tonight.

In West, biggest shocker is VAN behind 0-3 already. I didn't see that coming. Of Course, haven't seen many West games this year. Sedin twins are where? Vanished in air. Sharks are in drivers seat. Wings lost, but must win to avoid being down 3-1. Abdel Kader is lucky to get only 2 games. That was head hunting. LA-Blues should go the distance. Minny won its one obligatory game. I think, thats it for them. They are over matched.
Old May 6, 2013, 10:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Pasha's incredible shot takes us to OT and Brunner's GWG ties the series at 2 a piece as we head back to Disneyland. Going to the net paid off big time. We played well considering DeKeyser's out and Abdel Kader has been suspended. Showed a lot of character coming back twice against a superb Hiller. Lashoff filled-in well and Brendan Smith was simply superb. Gotta win game 6 at the Joe and one more in Southern Cal to advance.

Boston flexed its muscle up in Canada as Rask made 45 saves, some of them simply out of this world. Talk about a smooth transition from one phenom (Thomas) to another. He'll make the difference in this series.

Good to see the Rangers prevail to try and make a series of it. The game could've gone either way and I won't be surprised if the Caps take game 4.

LA came back strong in the first and needs to comeback strong in the 3rd against an inspired Elliott in the third. It's 3-2 St. Louis at the moment. Gotta crash the net and crash it hard against these guys.

I think the Pens, Sens and the Hawks will all win game 4 in their respective series and Sharks will sweep the series tomorrow.
Old May 7, 2013, 12:01 AM
Cricket Savant

What a 3rd period effort from the Kings to win this 4-3 and tie the series at two a piece. This'll go to 7 games for sure.
Old May 7, 2013, 10:26 AM
Cricket Guru

What a filthy filthy goal by Pavel Datsyuk. Best of the playoffs by far, and I mean, by far. Great win by Wings to square the series. Anybody can win this one.

Kings look like champs again. They are back with a bang. Very dangerous team. They have everything. Big power forwards, nasty crease crashers, great defense, great goalie and a superstar in Kopitar. If they come out of this series, they will give Hawks all they can handle.

Rangers had to win and they did. But, even in defeat, Caps looked really good to me. Its amazing how a team can come together in a matter of a month. Caps were downright awful first few months of the season. Its a complete different team now. I knew Bruins would come back strong and they did. 45 shots still a bit more for a Bruins team to allow. I think Leafs problem is with that defense. Pens must be soul searching with our defense and goalie too. Gotta get out of Island somehow with a win. Isles have outplayed us 5 on 5 in past two games. We hope Orpik comes back today. He is being sorely missed.
Old May 7, 2013, 09:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Momentum is so fickle ... great series all around
Old May 8, 2013, 01:01 AM
Cricket Savant

"Sweep success" for the Sharks and the Hawks as well as the Sens are on the verge of advancing. Totally expected the Sharks to crush the Canucks but not like this. Expected them to win at least one. Minny simply sucks offensively and their goaltending doesn't have what it takes to go deep into the playoffs. 0 for 16 in PP, WTF? The Sens have been VERY impressive indeed. Tenacious team with Karlsson and Alfredsson constantly creating opportunities with their vision while Anderson keeps them in the game in every game. The Pens and the Bruins, assuming both will advance, need to take serious notice. I hope the Pens didn't peak too early. The Isles looked strong yet again against one of the two best performers of the regular season. Fleury had a terrible day. I believe he has what it takes to bounce back strong. Must win scenario for the Rangers and I expect Lundqvist to have one of his signature games on his head. NYR has been blessed to have great goalies like Vanbiesbrouck, Richter and now Lundqvist. The Kings are playing really well and I expect them to win tonight.

I'm not too confident about ability to win tonight without DeKeyser and Abdel Kader, but maybe Howard can steal this one for us while Pasha and Hank produce some magic offensively to beat the other California team in the playoffs. Fingers crossed. Let's Go Red Wings!
Old May 8, 2013, 09:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Fleury is out to destroy our hopes and aspirations again. This is four years in a row now that he imploded in playoffs. Last night was perhaps the last straw. In each of last three games, he kicked in his own goal at least once and sometimes multiple times. Its so demoralizing. We score 4-5-6 goals in playoffs, yet we can't win because of this fragile dude. Bylsma should have pulled him right after the second period when they tied 3-3 with that awful goal. But, he didnt', because he is a buddy buddy coach, not Michel Therrien. It is Vokoun time. That means we have no chance at a cup, but, something that has to be done for the rest of the team. They will at least know that he will make the routine save and not kick in his own goal. He should be traded in off season too and free up that $5 mil he is not earning in playoffs.
Old May 8, 2013, 08:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram,Shakib,Mushy

Haven't been able to post much as classes have started again.

Great game going on in Toronto tonight. Back and forth action, with Jake Gardiner looking like a Norris candidate tonight. He has been phenomenal this series, and has helped cover up for Phaneuf's disgusting efforts. We have gotten our chances tonight, but we haven't capitalized that well. Reimer hasn't been that great either. He has give up way too many rebounds, and almost blew the game with 2 mins left.

Heading into OT, I just hope we keep it simple and try to get shots through from the point with lots of traffic in font.

GO LEAFS GO!!
Old May 8, 2013, 09:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Phaneuf is a ****ing retard, as is JFJ. Gave away the next prodigy in goaltending to our ****ing division rivals.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Expected loss in OT tonight. Howard kept us in a game we should've lost in regulation time. Can't beat the Ducks like that too often especially in the playoffs. Even if we manage to win game 6 at the Joe, an outcome I doubt very much, we'll only be delaying the inevitable. Can't, SHOULDN'T win this series with a retard like Kyle effing Quincey keeping things thrilling at his end. Maybe things could've been a bit different with DeKeser (injury), Helm (injury) and Abdel Kader (suspension) in the lineup.

Anyway, this season is over for the RWN.

Last edited by Sohel; May 9, 2013 at 02:09 AM..
Old May 9, 2013, 04:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Here's what Malik has to say. Couldn't agree more with his spot on analysis.

Quote:
The Detroit Red Wings just dropped an awful 3-2 OT loss to the Anaheim Ducks, having whiffed on a 5-minute major power play (Daniel Winnik won't be suspended because Danny Cleary returned) and having absolutely abandoned Jimmy Howard to the wolves as the team was soft on the boards, soft on the soft ice and soft in the head...And now the Wings are heading back to Detroit needing to win on Friday or they're done.

Let me know what you think...I'll try to write up a recap.

Here: this is all I have to say as I have to go somewhere to bleed out of one of my orifaces: if you want to blame Brian Lashoff for this, you've missed the other four players on the ice.

Jakub Kindl was grabbed by Teemu Selanne on the cycle and just gave up. Damien Brunner did nothing along the boards as the Ducks whiffled the puck laterally north of the faceoff circles. Then, as Ben Lovejoy retrieved the puck and skated down low, Gustav Nyquist backed off and let him go to Lashoff, who whiffed on the poke check. And as Lovejoy's pass slithered toward the front of the net, with Brunner standing around in the slot, Joakim Andersson was holding Nick Bonino, and in an attempt to not take a penalty and negate his stick, he let go...And whiffed on the stick check.

Howard had no chance, and now the Wings have to win on Friday or they're done...With the same players who gave them an OT win on the ice for 2 OT losses.

For some reason, the veterans didn't lead when they should have, for some reason, the Ducks' furious forecheck and 18-to-9 shot advantage in the 1st and awful ice conditions seemed to give Datsyuk and Zetterberg of all people license to get far too cute and seem stunned when the puck didn't move as it should on that gravel and sand at the Honda Center...

And all game long, the Wings backed in as the Ducks shot pucks PAST Jimmy Howard while they attempted to PASS pucks toward the net and OFF Jonas Hiller instead of skating TOWARD him and THROUGH him.

The fact that Jimmy Howard was able to bail the Wings out for as long as he did was a minor miracle.

READ MORE
Old May 9, 2013, 10:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Heartbreaking loss for TO. But, man they played great. Hung in there toe to toe against them. I like this TO team more and more. I think they have a great future if they can build forward from this. Everytime Kessel drove the net, I thought something insane will happen. But, Phaneuf ! What a moment of madness. What a terrible pinch and he missed his guy. I am afraid this is it for TO.

Lovejoy is skating well for Ducks. Too bad Shero gave him away and kept Niskanen. We could have used him.

Voky is in net tonight. Fleury time is up here. He will be bought out or traded in off season. He is a head case and he imploded in playoffs every year after cup. Can't have him. Team is too talented to carry a liability in the most important position.
Old May 10, 2013, 09:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Tomas Vokoun to the rescue. Sparkling shut out. On to game 6. Must say a word or two about Tavares. What a special player he is. He is a superstar in my book. Isles are no joke. They must be the fastest team in NHL. Pens are pretty fast, but they seem to leave us in dust at times. Good adjustment by Bylsma for inserting Vitale and Kennedy. You counter speed with speed. Those two has it in abundance and finally the fourth line became a factor.

Hawks, Sens are through. Sens look tremendous.
Old May 10, 2013, 08:58 PM
Test Cricketer

We live to see another day. Great game from Reimer. He needed a good one after his abysmal performance in 2 of the 5 games so far.

Although I gotta say, that last 12 minutes was the ugliest, and worst hockey I have seen the Leafs play. Idk wtf happens to this team sometimes. They might gave gotten nervous I think - trying to hold a lead in an elimination game is pretty nerve wracking. Hopefully tonight's experience helps them deal with those issues next game at the ACC. I think if we can get the next game, we will have the edge in game 7.

Phaneuf was terrible once again. He just cannot handle 23+ mins a night I think. He was good for 2/3 of the season, but he started to play like crap after the 40ish game mark. If we want to avoid him going full retard again, we need to cut his minutes down to 20-22 mins/game next year. Gardiner finally finding form should help. If Reilly makes it, that should help too.
Old May 11, 2013, 12:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Howard keeps us in the game, Hank hits the inside of the post once and scores twice after Pasha's highlight reel goal, and we force game 7 in Disneyland despite ANOTHER spectacular late collapse! Doesn't help when the ref chooses to simply ignore a trip behind the net to gift the Ducks a GTG after we were leading 3-1 with less than 4 to go in the game.

Honestly guys, I'm surprised that we've come this far with this depleted team packed with AHLers, as promising as the have been. We play with a lot of pride but simply cannot execute well for all 60 minutes. CRITICAL defensive lapses, tentative play along the boards, terrible forechecking about 50% of the time, and lack of quality shots on goal pretty much define they way we've played all season long. Howard's stats don't reflect his amazing performance to date because the defense in front of him decides to take a few shifts off in every game and hangs him out to dry, and then tries to beat him with shots and deflections of their own! Impossible to overstate the importance of missing DeKeyser and Helm under these pitiful circumstances.

Offense-wise, we REALLY miss Tomas Holmstrom an ef of a lot more than we've been talking about. After having come into the league a poor skater with an ordinary shot, Homer learned to elevate crashing the net, screening the goalie and deftly deflecting pucks into the net into a single, cohesive art form in a puck possession team. All about courage, tenacity and in a puck cycling set up, TIMING. His game resulted in goals from his linemates and wins for his team, and that's all that mattered to him. That's why he paid the price and took the most brutal pounding imaginable to rule the crease throughout his career. Franzen doesn't have the cojones to fill that void when called upon and young Abdel Kader is developing more in the Shany mold. We desperately need a big, able bodied net crasher willing to take the abuse in front of the net to block the goalie's vision against incoming pucks. Bert doesn't fit the bill because I said "able-bodied". So maybe Andersson can play that role when or IF Helm comes back to center his line.

We know what to do in game 7 but the question is "will we"? If we do, then for "how long"?

Last edited by Sohel; May 11, 2013 at 06:33 AM..
Old May 11, 2013, 12:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Tomas Vokoun to the rescue. Sparkling shut out. On to game 6. Must say a word or two about Tavares. What a special player he is. He is a superstar in my book. Isles are no joke. They must be the fastest team in NHL. Pens are pretty fast, but they seem to leave us in dust at times. Good adjustment by Bylsma for inserting Vitale and Kennedy. You counter speed with speed. Those two has it in abundance and finally the fourth line became a factor.

Hawks, Sens are through. Sens look tremendous.
Kennedy and Vokoun made the critical difference but what showmanship from Crosby! Just moments after Tavares (a very special player indeed) executed a Fedorov-like deke for no goal, Fedorov also wore 91 during his fabled years with us, Crosby came back with some magic of his own to find the back of the net. He wasn't going to be shown-up in his own building. Definitely a story to remember. You guys will take the series in game 6.

Last edited by Sohel; May 11, 2013 at 02:14 AM..