facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 1, 2003, 10:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

sham,

fair enough.

I just didn't see how that 'paying off' speculation was put into words. Also, wasn't aware of any curfew.

Overall, these findings, though lengthy, didn't seem like coming from sound cricketing experience. Too bad Pilot had to loose the captaincy because of such a poor, speculative, judgmental set of allegations.

Old October 1, 2003, 11:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Actually,

Pilot was the captain. A captain leads by example. He certainly did not seem like a good example. There were allegations by senior players against him that he was rude etc. etc. Besides, he had an obvious handicap when it came to bowler rotations and that was criticized time and again by us fans at the time too. All in all, his record as the captain wasn't the greatest except for his own fighting performances in the middle. He certainly failed to inspire ay other player in the team. One of the things that seem to come out from the inquiry and reports surrounding it was that he didnot have good relations with quite a few players.

Anyways, this is in the past. I think the team has moved on. Bringing him back is just not a smart move, considering he is resigned amidst some bad blood between him and the team not too long ago. The wounds must be fresh still. He is a fighter and I have tremendous respect for him as a cricketer and he has some cricket left in him still, but just not as a captain.
Old October 1, 2003, 11:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Say,

I agree with the point you are making. However, if you just saw what the allegations against Pilot were, you would have been amazed. Pilot was my favourite BD player before I was made privy to the transcripts of interviews that the enquiry committee held. Many things were not mentioned, such as the way Pilot behaved with his players. Many of the senior players were not in talking terms with Pilot by the end of the World Cup. So Pilot did not lose his job over "speculative and judgemental" comments! If he did not lose his job, atleast two or three of our senior players would have walked out of the team. The amount of bad blood in the team was just unbelievable and most of it was aimed at Pilot. He just had to go man. And I think even he understood that since he was the one to resign the captaincy. So, he did not technically lose his job, but he would have.

[Edited on 2-10-2003 by Sham]
Old October 1, 2003, 11:48 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Say, you must be an ondho fan of Pilot, like the Prothom Alo reporter is a Rokon fan

Quote:
1) staying out late - isn't that up to individual's choices.

2) dropping 3 'regulation' catches - everyone drops or midfields or miss a easy ball. Is this such a high crime? What’s the point here? Did pilot do it day after day??
1) It was Pilot's choice to bring the name "Bangladesh" down especially not trying to do everything right, for example, staying up late at night before an important match

2) Every player drops 1 or may be 2 catches if he is really under pressure, but 3 catches? In an important match? That is simply ridiculous, also when he's the captain.

In short, the EFFORT was simply not there.
Old October 1, 2003, 11:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Say, you must be an ondho fan of Pilot, like the Prothom Alo reporter is a Rokon fan

I'm not a big fan of Pilot.. sorry to disappoint you

The point I am trying to make is, I just don't get some of the mode of thinking of the BCB officials. Their style of management and thinking sometimes spook me to find a resemblance to the PCB style administration.
Old October 2, 2003, 12:01 AM
Cricket Legend

He dropped 3 catches because he stayed up late at night.

Cause and Effect.

Damn matrix quotes.
Old October 2, 2003, 04:35 PM
Cricket Legend

If he has attitude problem and communication problem with the players; why is Pilot still in the team?

Did he change his attitude after stepping down as captain or is he working to fix them?
Old October 2, 2003, 05:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Default If you are not captain,

you don't need to communicate half as much. And you are not in a position of authority so you don't get to dictate people around. If you are rude to a player, he can talk back at you, something a player wouldn't do to a captain. And also, I think captaincy had frustrated the hell out of Pilot, triggering all the problems in the first place. I'm sure he is enjoying life more nowadays.
Old October 2, 2003, 07:08 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Pilot was dropped in the middle of the test series right after the WC. That probably sobered him up.
Old October 2, 2003, 09:44 PM
Banned

I cannot understand why this discussion has to be so subjective - it is a fact !!

He was gambling till 4 am in the morning prior to a game !

If that's sane by someone, then by GOD you stay away from this board.

Oh, but I forget, its your right to be wrong !!