facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 21, 2013, 07:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I always liked Kaedge in ODI , yes he was slow but this is ODI,what u need is someone from the top order to give the team a good opening prtnrship,
His consistency looked better than TI's.
I feel bad for him, I never thought he will be out of the team for such a long time.
well said Simon bhai. Loved this post very much. Beautifully said. Biggest compliment i've ever heard someone give to Imrul. I hope he can prove himself in this year's DPL.

Simon bhai can i use your post as my sig?

EDIT: too late
Old February 6, 2014, 03:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Kayes koto shundor ekta comeback century korlo ar apnake keu shubeccha dilen nah. On a serious note, he played well, very well in some instances but also rode on his luck. Shamsur's 100 was more compact but Kayes played some glorious shots in between. Makes you wonder that why he can't do it more often.

Well played today.
Old February 6, 2014, 03:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

don't think we'll see marshall in the next test XI. imrul although giving some chances has taken this opportunity but to maintain his spot he is going to have to be a lot more consistent than his last test stint, off to a good start so hope he can keep it up.
Old February 6, 2014, 04:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
don't think we'll see marshall in the next test XI. imrul although giving some chances has taken this opportunity but to maintain his spot he is going to have to be a lot more consistent than his last test stint, off to a good start so hope he can keep it up.
He clearly has fitness issue otherwise he would not have struggled with his hamstring. Need to work on it. But good to see him loosing a bit of weight.
Old February 6, 2014, 04:23 PM
Cricket Sage

I was hoping you will score a century and you did it. No Complain there. Now that you regained the slot, make sure you do justice to the fans who still believed in you. Few more big scores are needed to fix your average.

Now that you know what it takes to score a century, next time prepare yourself mentally as well as physically. next time the target should be 150+, not 100+.

Last edited by Fazal; February 9, 2014 at 11:39 AM..
Old February 6, 2014, 04:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
He clearly has fitness issue otherwise he would not have struggled with his hamstring. Need to work on it. But good to see him loosing a bit of weight.
it all started on day 2 , before end of play , Kaedge went down the ground and played a good shot & the English commie noticed that Kaedge looked uncomfortable after that shot.
He played a similar shot and got bowled, and got injured.
Old February 6, 2014, 09:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Mash: "৩১ রানে সহজ ক্যাচ দিয়েও বেঁচে যাওয়ার পর আগের রাতে ইমরুলকে ফোন দিয়েছিলাম। বললাম, ‘তুই তো স্যার গ্যারি সোবার্স হয়ে গেছিস, শেষবেলায়ও ছক্কা মারতে গেলি!’ লজ্জা পেয়ে ও বলেছিল, এর পর থেকে বল নিচে রেখে দেখেশুনে খেলার চেষ্টা করবে। ভালো লাগছে যে ইমরুল কথা রেখেছে। হ্যাঁ, ও হয়তো সেঞ্চুরি নাও পেতে পারত। নব্বইয়ে গিয়ে ভাগ্যের ছোঁয়াও পেয়েছে। কিন্তু আজ (কাল) সত্যিই দেখেশুনে খেলেছে। প্রথম টেস্ট সেঞ্চুরির জন্য ইমরুলকে অভিনন্দন।
http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%A6%E0%A6%A8
Old February 6, 2014, 10:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tendo, Shakib, Gilchrist

He played well, I will give him that.

But I will not forgive the way he tried to gift his wicket on several occassions eventually leading to a collapse. Imrul- a set batsman batting with Shakib who just came to the crease. BD were 3 down then and we needed some stability. What Imrul did to get out was absolutely criminal.
Old February 6, 2014, 11:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

He not only generously KaEdged many on his way to a "maiden 100", threw his wicket like an absolute village idiot just after getting to a personal "milestone" but had the bloody cheek to feign injury like a deshi jatra dramaqueen. If this was some sort of a ploy to garner sympathy from the "audience" -he couldn´t possibly be more pathetic.

He was utter rubbish despite getting so many reprives off mindless swipes and heaves. If Sanga had a life he would have scored 500 for his team. Vimrul KaEdged and offered, at least, three easy chances. He couldn´t have tried any harder to throw his wicket before he eventually got out. Bloody Idiot!

Last edited by BanCricFan; February 7, 2014 at 12:25 AM..
Old February 7, 2014, 12:03 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

he is not mentally fit for international cricket along with samsu..but still scored runs by hook or crook..

at the moment for a team like us we cant drop him for what he has done..if he was in a better team he wouldn't have seen national colors again or at least for 5 years

extremely selfish player with a small vision..selfish players are good for team as they are playing for themselves , team is also benefiting, but a selfish player with a small goal is dangerous

Last edited by Night_wolf; February 7, 2014 at 12:58 AM..
Old February 7, 2014, 12:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Imrul K-S Shagor played as well as he could on an NCL type flat track. I counted 3 lives and about 8 edges before that crackhead swing. The injury is unfortunate and I hope he recovers soon, but was it not poetic justice?

Anyway, he did well enough for the selectors to keep him around until his luck runs out, or he's exposed on more bowling-friendly tracks. The number 3 slot remains open in my book.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old February 7, 2014, 12:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

Technique wise KaEdge is one of the better ones. Temperament seems to be the major issue.
Old February 7, 2014, 07:08 PM
Cricket Guru

temperament is pretty much a problem for everyone other than mushy who seems to have matured in that regard and pretty much everyone gets exposed on more bowling friendly tracks. i agree the #3 spot is still open though, so is the 2nd opener spot and if tamim doesn't start to score runs very soon then his spot will be open to.
Old February 9, 2014, 05:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

For me, #3 is more solid than #1. Ar kisu bollam na.
Old February 9, 2014, 06:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur and ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
For me, #3 is more solid than #1. Ar kisu bollam na.
This. Imrul is reassuring and isn't as edge of the seat as tamim but the worry of imrul career has been he looks good for his 20s and 20s then throws it away..mofees type.
Old February 9, 2014, 10:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Am I the only one who's absolutely not convinced by him - one bit?
During his ton, he went full retard multiple times and got away, was incredibly lucky to say the least - and got out to a horrendous tailender slog. I have zero confidence despite his ton - although credit where due etc.
Old February 9, 2014, 11:18 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
During his ton, he went full retard multiple times and got away, was incredibly lucky to say the least - and got out to a horrendous tailender slog. I have zero confidence despite his ton - although credit where due etc.
you are not alone. he looked like lucky sahariar mofees..if his luck didn't favor him his score would have been exactly like mofees's..one thing i have to say he is one of the..no no forget one of the..he is the luckiest cricketer i have ever seen..even his ODI ton was filled with luck

anyways he scored runs so should get more opportunities no question asked. But i doubt his 2nd coming will last long..he doesn't look like a player with professional mentality, i might be wrong but his actions during his 100 and after he scored a 100 says different.

i was really looking forward to see him bat after 2 years of good FC cricket. i am not convinced but i still look forward to see him in future..may be 1st match after such a long time was tough for him to adjust mentally..we'll see in coming matches whether Kayes improved or not..but if he shows the same think process as he showed in 2nd test i say again it wont be long before he takes another 2 year hiatus
Old February 9, 2014, 11:46 AM
Cricket Sage

After watching unlucky but talented Ashraful for so many years, I would rather bet on a lucky but not talented Imrul for now until a new Shamsu/Mominul unseat him.

For now no complain from me. Imrul tumi lucky century chaleye jau, at-least I am with you without any complain.

I have seen very few centuries where a player didn't get lucky break here or there. That is not the norm. A good player ride on the luck and force the opponent pay the price for their miss opportunity.

Century is a thread-hold where when a player achieve that with-luck-or-without-luck, he does deserve full support from his fan base.

Right now, we have so many other areas to complain, Imrul should be the lowest in the list. Right now which are higher in the list? Some examples:

- A better wicket keeper
- DSR and uneven umpiring
- Justification of Razzak's selection and his fitness. Complete waste of his slot.
- Tamim and his fitness (or lack of it)
- Senior established players giving away their wickets.
- Recent performance of Gazi
- lack of any good alternatives in FB area.
- Not setting up field position based on bowling or vice versa.
- Not having a good bowling strategy for test. In TEST when the wicket is not supporting, its a chess game or cat and mouse game the bowler need to have to get a wicket against a decent test batsman.
Old February 9, 2014, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Gotta agree with you and nightwolf here. I think it's a question of when he fails not if. I reckon he'll fail in the next series and then get discarded.

#3 spot is between Marshall, Naeem and Hom.
Old February 9, 2014, 06:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
Gotta agree with you and nightwolf here. I think it's a question of when he fails not if.
ya ...keep wishing. Shokuner bod-dowa-e shob shomoye goru morena.
Old February 9, 2014, 07:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin

But Imrul is a good listener, he learnt from Sanga that when practising in the net, visualize playing a match rather.

The secret of success is exposed, let's see how it goes.
Old February 9, 2014, 08:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Imrul has decent technique but he needs to work on the temperament and those edges. Also agree that not many centuries happen chance less but you do need to limit those chances and that's where the temperament needs work.
Old February 9, 2014, 10:00 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Need to see a bit more of Kaedge 2.0 before I can say whether he needs to be persisted with or not. There is no doubt that he tried hard for more of the innings but his dismissal really put a question mark on the whole thing. Way too many lives in this innings to say anything for sure.
Right now Mominul is the benchmark for the rest of the batting group
Old February 10, 2014, 12:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Imrul doesn't have a "good technique". He has an OKish technique at best. And absolutely no patience to dig in on a test level, or the technique for it. There's a reason why he averaged <20 before this. And I don't rate Shamsur's technique that highly, but he has more brains than Kayes, from whatever I've seen.

Again, I'm not talking chanceless - or else I'd have to say Shamsur's was far from that too. But it's how he kept going for all the tailender shots - not good at all for a top order batsman, does not inspire confidence. Obviously, he deserves his chance and however they come they're runs etc. - but I'm just making an educated guess here, that's all, from whatever I've seen of Kayes 2.0.
Old February 10, 2014, 12:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
Gotta agree with you and nightwolf here. I think it's a question of when he fails not if. I reckon he'll fail in the next series and then get discarded.

#3 spot is between Marshall, Naeem and Hom.
Hom has done jack all for a long time, he's just hit a ton, which is a good start. But need more. Marshall - I really hope he turns out to be more than a domestic bully.

I'm chalking Anamul in for that spot, long term - but he's having a rough patch as well. Asif has completely fallen out of the radar as well - don't know what ever happened to him.
Edit: I see he just scored a 100+ not out, good for him. Should keep at it.

Last edited by shakibrulz; February 10, 2014 at 02:13 AM..